Hear Me Growl

Not Just After Dark

In case you don’t know, I’m warning you (listen well),
you’re in danger right now (so dangerous)
Stop provoking me (stop),
I don’t even know what I’ll do

으르렁 (GROWL) by EXO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj8djfNOerM (Instrumental)

 Some say they hear wolves howling at night. Same time, every single night. It doesn't sound too strange, right? 

It is strange.

Some have even claimed to see these wolves wandering at night, assuming that there is territory to be protected. You would think that staying away is the best thing to do in such a situation, that is, if you're somebody with common sense.

The thing about this strange occurrence is that there isn't just something to be protected..

It's also somebody. A few, that is.

There's a group of bounty hunters, all females. They're not very well known, but are good at what they do... And they won't take no for an answer.


"I heard something about that mansion near the edge of town.."

"What of it?"

"Apparently, there are people that live there."

"That old place? Hah, I doubt it..."

"Then, what about those wolves everyone keeps saying they saw? They're always circling the grounds at night!"

"Sandara-ya.. that's what animals do.."

"That's not the point! The wolves circle the grounds of that same mansion! There must be something of value in that place... We should go check it out!"

"Aiyah...."


The sun was beginning to set on the city. Three males that looked to be wearing a school uniform were standing around at what looked to be the start of a forest. 

"Ah... What's taking Xiumin and Luhan so long?" the tall male with somewhat curly brown asked aloud. A rustling noise was heard from behind him, he turned to see a shorter blonde male dusting himself off and fixing his hair, a familiar chill running down his spine. "I don't think I'll ever be fully used to that." he said. 

"Lu, I thought you were with Xiumin?" Luhan, the shorter blonde, pointed in the direction of the mansion through the forest. "He's in there, making sure our deal still holds." he said. The male with dark blonde hair jumped down from the branch he was sitting on. "Someone's around here." 

"Chanyeol, take Baekhyun with you to see who our curious guests are... And get them to leave without a fight, we don't need a repeat of last time." Luhan said.

***

"I don't know Dara, I still don't see any of those wolves you were talking about.." a short girl with red and black hair said. "They're around here Minzy, I know it!" Dara replied. "Well, let's hope we find the mansion before we find the wolves." Minzy said. "Or before they find us." a taller girl with black hair said. "Yah! Don't say stuff like that!" the younger blonde said, making Bom laugh slightly. "I was only joking.."

"Chaerin?"

The blonde girl quickly looked up to see two males standing a couple feet in front of them. "Chanyeol? What are you and Baek doing here?" Bom, the tallest of the four, asked. "It's not important, just a small favor.." Baekhyun answered quickly, pusshing his glasses up on his nose. "But, didn't you guys hear about the wolves that are around here?" Dara asked. Chanyeol laughed and shrugged. "Yeah, but do you really think they'll scare us off?" he said. 

The girls each gave one another looks. "Well, that's beside the point.. You four should go.. The owners of the mansion don't take too kindly to visitors.... At least, that's what it seems like. It's kind of hard to tell.." Baekhyun said, his voice trailing off a bit. "Especially Leo..." Chanyeol muttered, earning a smack on the chest from the shorter-- yet somewhat older-- male. "Shut up, Chan.." "Wait, who's Leo?" Bom asked. "More importantly, does he live in that house?" Dara added.

"He's nobody important, Bom. And, that's really none of your concern, Sandara." Baekhyun bluntly stated. "That's a lie, Baekhyun, and you know it. If he was nobody important, then why are you here?" Chaerin questioned, placing her hands on her hips. "And we're not going anywhere."

There was a rustling noise coming from behind the two boys, Chanyeol ruffled his hair and sighed. Minzy looked behind them and saw two pairs of glowing eyes: one set of blue, and the other set of red. She reached for the bat that was strapped to her back as all four of the girls took steps back, the creatures growing closer to them.

"Are those wolves?!" Chaerin frantically exclaimed. "I told you! But, you didn't wanna believe me!" Dara said. "Now is not the time for this, you two!" Bom yelled. "Chanyeol, call them off!" Minzy exclaimed, holding the bat close to her side. The wolf with blue eyes growled and moved in even more, causing the girls to crowd together behind the youngest female. 

"Easy there... I really don't wanna hurt you.." The red and black haired girl said, her voice shaky. The red eyed wolf's ears twitched and suddenly ran off towards the mansion, Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at one another. "Something's going on up there..." Baekhyun said. "Lay, keep an eye on them." Chanyeol instructed, running behind the wolf with Baekhyun following close behind. Chaerin watched as the boys and the lone creature run off before ripping the bat from Minzy's hands.

"Sorry about this, Lay." she said, then smacking Lay across the side of his face. 

It may have been wrong, but it gave them time to run.

"Why are we heading towards the house?!" Dara asked. "Did you really think we were gonna leave? We came here for a reason, didn't we?" Chaerin said.

The four stopped by a few bushes closer to giant home, getting a better view of it.

"I wonder what secrets this place hides..." Chaerin muttered.


A/N: And that's the first chapter!! I've introduced both 2NE1 and some of EXO here~ I hope it's alright since it's the beginning, please comment tell me okay? Please and Thank You! See you all next update~