Nachaeng

Twice fic dump [No requests!]

 

--Nachaeng

Flowers

 

Nayeon came to the flower shop every day just for a chance to see the owner's daughter. A short girl with jagged teeth accompanied by a mole. She was honestly breath taking and made beautiful art that she posted for advertisements around the shop. They had talked more often than not and Nayeon had actually gotten her number awhile ago. The girl's name was Chaeyoung and she wasn't much of a texter. Even if Nayeon dropped the most obvious and flirtatious texts she could muster, the other party didn't seem too interested. Her friends told her to give up because it was obvious that Chaeyoung wasn't going to reciprocate anything.

 

Nayeon had heard it enough that she was starting to believe it as well. She had stopped messaging Chaeyoung a week ago to see if she would notice. She didn't seem to have. Nayeon even stopped coming by every day and nothing seemed to change. Chaeyoung really didn't care at all, or at least that's what she told herself. Today, she had come to the shop for one last time to confess her feelings once and for all. If she had got an official rejection from Chaeyoung then she would stop this and let herself move on. Chaeyoung seemed surprised to see her when she stepped in.

 

“There you are. I was wondering what happened to you. My mom's been out of town and is using my phone. I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you.” Nayeon suddenly feels like more of a fool than usual and face palms herself. Chaeyoung laughs in amusement knowing how much Nayeon blows up her phone at any given time.

 

“I actually did think that.” Nayeon looks down sullen. Chaeyoung walks out from behind the counter to give her friend a consoling hug. Nayeon seems a bit too eager to return the hug and her bunny tooth smile returns when Chaeyoung's arm lazily hangs around her shoulders.

 

“Unni, you should know I'm not like that.” Nayeon's face is already nuzzling into Chaeyoung's neck who makes a face and pushes her away playfully. Nayeon shoots her a glare and folds her arms pretending to be mad but ends up laughing. Chaeyoung goes back to organizing some displays and Nayeon trails behind her to grab at her over sized sweater.

 

“I'm not here for small talk.” Nayeon speaks up suddenly in a more serious than usual tone. Chaeyoung turns around and raises an eyebrow as she's not sure if Nayeon is playing with her or not.

 

“Oh? Do you want to buy some flowers then?” She gestures to some roses in a vase on a stand next to where she was standing. Nayeon shakes her head rapidly despite being a huge fan of those in particular. She reaches out and grabs on to the younger girl's hands with a straight face with no indication of laughter.

 

“I just wanted to tell you that I have feelings for you. I like you a lot, but if you don't please tell me.” Chaeyoung has a blank face on and isn't showing any emotion which worries Nayeon a bit. She brushes past her without saying anything leaving Nayeon's heart to sink into her chest. Chaeyoung is now standing behind the cash register and scribbling something down in a notebook. Nayeon feeling worse than ever gives Chaeyoung one last dejected look before heading towards the door. Chaeyoung rings the bell on the cash register to catch Nayeon's attention. When Nayeon looks over she is holding up a scribbling that says: I like you too.