The End

I'm Young

Taelyn was really ing tired when she got the call from Seunghoon.

"Listen. Get your boyfriend to chill. He's been pacing and muttering to himself for the last two hours and it's driving me bat crazy. He's gone and ing locked the door, but the kid walks like a ing elephant. Tell him to chill or some , because it is one am and I need my beauty sleep," Seunghoon basically growled.

"Wait did something happen? Why is he like this?" Taelyn asked, but she soon realized that she was talking to dead air.

She rolled her eyes at Seunghoon's word choice, but she picked up her phone to make the call to her boyfriend anyways.

The rings resonated through Taelyn's head, multiplying the amount of paraniod and presumably ridiculous thoughts in Taelyn's head.

Ring.

What if he wants to leave the group?

Ring.

Does he want to break with me or something?

Ring.

Is someone in his family hurt or dead?

Ring.

Does he have to make a huge decision?

Ring.

I should be there for him.

Click.

Taelyn heard a sigh before the voice of her boyfriend came through. "Hey Taelyn."

"Taehyun is something wrong? Seunghoon just called me and he says you're driving him up a wall with your pacing," Taelyn said.

"Is that all he said?" Taehyun asked.

Taelyn let out a smile before responding, "Well no. I edited out all the profane language. And don't avoid the question. Is something wrong?" 

"I don't know if anything's wrong. I have to make a decision, and it's basically my happiness or my career," Taehyun said with a sigh.

A silence rested between the two as Taelyn formulated her response.

"You should choose your happiness. But I know you, and I know your career is a major source of your happiness. You've given up personal freedom and privacy for that. But it's up to you. You can think about it, but don't forget the people around you. You have Winner, you have me, you have a family. Don't forget about us or our needs or our advice. And maybe you won't make the perfect choice. But it'll be okay," Taelyn said.

Another silence began as Taehyun thought about his options and his loved ones and his future.

He said breathily, "I've made my decision."

Taelyn felt a piece of her gut twist. 

"I'm sorry," Taehyun said, and he hung up.

Taelyn didn't get it at first. She sent him a text, then a phonecall. One text turned into a dozen and one phonecall multiplied to a ton. All of them ignored. But she can't help but be hopeful, and she leaves messages every time.

"Taehyun, please tell me what's wrong."

"Listen, just pick up. We should talk about this."

"I'm here for you and anything you're going through, but I can't help if you shut me out."

"Baby, please. You know that I love you. I want the best for both of us. Please just listen."

"You're really busy nowadays. But please call me as soon as you get the chance."

"Dammit! We dated for seven months. I know that's a realy ing short amount of time, but I didn't think you'd end it with a thirty second phone without an explanation!"

Then it was his bandmates. Then his labelmates and his CEO and his partners and friends and family. None of them picked up. Or texted back. Or even read. And one day when she tried Taehyun's phone for what felt like the millionth time, she got an automated message informing her that this number had been disconnected. 

The cold air of a dead phone line smacked Taelyn, and she felt a piece of her go missing. She had known for the last three weeks, but the reality of her situation sunk in, bringing the first set of tears that would last for weeks. Soon, anger began boiling up within her, anger at the world, anger at Taehyun, anger at whatever made them break up. She chugged the six cans of cheap beer that were in her fridge, and when she woke up with broken fingers, a hole in her wall, and tearstains coating her face, she wasn't surprised.

Beer became Taelyn's best friend. Sure, she could afford vodka and champagne and wine, but why have that when you feel the burn and bitterness of the beer for a much lower cost? She didn't go out of her house, but she would buy crappy beer from the conveniece store at the corner of the street and chug it all while watching some stupid TV show, usually comedy, until she passed out. A pounding hangover and a hole in her gut were always waiting for her when she woke up.

It was a month later when she went back to work. Her nights were still spent drinking (burning vodka and cognac now), but her mornings were usually spent in makeup chairs as countless women tried to erase the dark circles and tear stains from her face. Her days were full of souless smiles and mindless posing. 

"I should go into acting," Taelyn said once to her sister, her words slurring from the earlier shots of vodka.

"Why?" Her sister said in a voice that was used to handling the late-night, drunk phone calls.

Taelyn let out a loud laugh before replying, "The public thinks I'm happy! They think I'm fine! I deserve a ing Oscar!"

She passed out on the bar floor before she could hear her sister's reply.

"We're worried about you Taelyn," her mother told her.

"You should be," Taelyn said, nursing another hangover.

Her mother sighed before responding, "You've never even told us why you're like this! We're here to help you, but we can't do that if you don't let us!"

Taelyn sighed, her headache flaring up.

"Do you remember Junhyung? His mother was Mrs. Lee remember? Meet up with him. You deserve some happiness," her mother said.

Taelyn sighed again. "Mom, this isn't a problem that can be solved with a boy."

But when she looked at her mother on the Ipad, when she saw the good intention and the hope and the hurt written onn her face, she caved.

"One date. I'll try it. For you," Taelyn said, because the only thing worse than being upset is making your mother upset.

And soon one date turns into another with lead to another, but the hole in Taelyn's heart doesn't fully heal.

Author's Note

Hello! This is the last part of this story. It's not very good though, so I might update and/or rewrite this chapter. Thank you to everyone who has supported this story in anyway! Later, if I every feel homesick for this plot, I might add some extra short stories and stuff onto the end. And if there's any interactions or shorts that you want from any point of this story, feel free to leave a comment! Again, thank you all so so much for supporting this story and sticking with it!