Heat

Divine Love

‘Wake up Rain… Wake up…’ Sana nudged Tzuyu albeit being tied up with plant vines around her arms and legs.

Tzuyu slowly batted her eyes open.

‘Ow’ she whined, feeling a tinge of pain on the top of her skull from where the damage was made earlier. She was tied around her arms and legs as well, leaving her immobile. She turned her head around and saw Sana lying really close to her, in fact a little too close to her. Sana was looking at her with concerned eyes, examining her to see if she was hurt elsewhere.

‘Are you alright? It seems like you are in some form of pain? What did they do to you?’ Sana asked.

‘I suppose I was hit by something on my head when I was outside this damned hut earlier.’ Tzuyu groaned.

‘I was so worried, you have been sleeping for a pretty long time. Are you feeling better now?’ Sana probed.

‘I guess I am alright, do you have any idea what is going on? And where is that damned Jihyo, where is she when we need her?’ Tzuyu lamented.

‘I am so sorry…’ Sana muttered as a tear slipped through her eye.’ I landed us in this mess… I shouldn’t have trusted that little boy so easily. I just… I just-‘

‘Oh my god. Please. Don’t. Cry. I can’t stand crying at all, I really can’t. Now. Tell me what is going on, we will find a way out of this somehow.’ Tzuyu said.

‘I am so sorry… But I think we are not going to get out of this mess. We are caught in this tribe and we are caught for food-’

‘Uh-huh, carry on.’ Tzuyu said coolly.

At this moment, the door swung open. An angry looking man entered, in his hands was a pitch fork that is as tall as himself.

‘How are my lovely ladies doing? You guys certainly look delish, Imma get my wifu to braise you and serve one of ya tonite. My sonnie did a good job finding such lovely lookin meat.’ The man cackled. ‘So, which one of you two should we eat first?’

‘Take me but let my friend go. She is all bones, take me instead!’ Sana shouted without any hesitation.

Tzuyu was obviously startled. Why would this crazy girl even offer herself to a cannibal? That’s besides the point, did she just subtly insulted her by calling her a bag of bones? Anyway, what is going to happen to the mission if Sana was gobbled up?

‘Certainly not mam, my wifu will be cookin the both of you. Say your farewells cause one of you will be soup when the sun sets.’ The man laughed hysterically before leaving the hut.

‘Oh my god, it is all my fault that I got you into this.’ Sana weeped. ‘I am so sorry…’

‘You know… Do you remember what Jihyo said before she abandoned us here? Maybe we could use that? Except, I can’t really use my power you know… Because I can’t cry for nuts.’ Tzuyu said.

=Recap=

Jihyo said this: ‘Tzuyu can control rain by crying and Sana can control the temperature by radiating her happiness.’

=End of Recap=

Sana immediately brightened up. ‘I totally forgot about that! Does that mean that I need to increase the temperature as much as possible to drive him out of here?’

‘I guess so. In fact, it would have been better if you raised the temperature enough to burn down this hut so that the both of us can escape.’ Tzuyu said.

As ridiculous as this may sound, it is probably the only way for the duo to make their escape.

‘But it is ridiculous for me to radiate off any form of happieness knowing that I might turn into braised meaty soup in a few hours’ time. This is useless.’ Sana frowned.

‘You know what, let me help you. What can I do for you?’ Tzuyu said with a smile.

This was the first time Sana has ever seen Tzuyu smile. And boy was she pretty when she smiles. In fact, she is really befitting of her goddess title. Sana has never noticed this but Tzuyu looks amazingly divine and gorgeous the moment she smiled. She immediately brightened up upon seeing something so beautiful.

‘Hey, why are you staring at me like that’ Tzuyu cut off Sana’s thoughts.

Umm, nothing?’ Sana replied quickly as she turned away from Tzuyu to hide the blush on her cheeks.

‘Why not, let me tell you a joke to make you happy?’

‘Give it a try’ Sana replied without turning around.

Knock knock

‘Are you kidding me-‘

‘You were supposed to say “who’s there?” You ruin it!’ Tzuyu pouted.

Sana saw the pout and this made her blush a little more. How can someone be this cute while pouting?

‘Hey I think it is working. Don’t you think so? I can feel the hut getting a tad bit warmer.’ Tzuyu said.

Sana blushed.

‘Oh, I'm pretty sure it just got a lot warmer now. It kinda feels like summer is approaching, don’t ya think so?’ Tzuyu said with a new found smile.

Sana's cheeks heated up as she saw Tzuyu's smile again.

Omo. Now it is getting really hot in here. Your power is amazing! We barely did anything~Tzuyu chuckled amusingly.

Sana looked away.

‘Okay. The heat is getting kind of unbearable now. Just a little more and we are done!’ Tzuyu said as she gave Sana a pat on her back.

‘Holy. Is that the grass outside the hut catching on fire?! Someone better call 911!’ Tzuyu said.

Sure enough, the hut soon caught on fire.

‘Okay. This is bad. We saved ourselves from turning into soup but we might have accidentally turned ourselves into barbecue.’ Tzuyu exclaimed. ‘How are we going to get out of here?’

The smoke from the fire started to engulf the enclosed hut. Both Sana and Tzuyu were immobile because they were still tied up.

Jihyo? We need some help here? I know you are listening to us!’ Sana shouted.

Right at this moment, Tzuyu’s vision started blurring. The smoke, as well as the impact from the previous blow was getting into her.

Tzuyu..? Tzuyu? Are you okay?’ Sana cried out as Tzuyu finally gave in to the smoke. ‘JIHYO, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?

Author note: I had fun writing this chapter :) Do comment below on what I could improve on or tell me if you have enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Chapter 6 is coming your way soon!