Mario-Kart Goddess : Level 03?!

シンユウカノジョ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRIIIIING!

“Ugh…” a hand appeared from under the blanket, searching blindly at the side-desk to silence the alarm clock, and then slipped back into the warmth of blanket. Afterwards when the owner decided to drift back into the dreamland…

“IICHAN! WAKE UP!!!”

The said person still didn’t budge from her place, but then the caller pulled of her blanket over, thus she could not find her peace to go back to her fluffy-warm-dreamy-island.

“Mou!! Miyuu!!” exclaimed Mirai with groggy voice.

“Icchan! C’mon! You should finish packing your things today! Tomorrow you will start working in Tokyo, right?” Miyuu tried to pull her sister hand to make her sat on her bed.  

“It’s still tomorrow, Miyuu… There’s still many plenty of time today! And if I cannot finish this today, I still can go back and pick them up later!”

 Mirai, in the end, gave up in Miyuu’s plead and sat on her bed, with her terrible bed-hair.

“Well, but if someone insist you to do all of this today?”

“And who gonna—“

“Ryo-chan.”

“Huh?”

“Ryosuke-kun.”

Mirai blinked her eyes twice and checked if she heard it right.

“Did you say Ryo…”

“Yes, Iichan, Yamada Ryosuke is right a floor under us, in our dining room, and dad…”

With a speed of light, Shida Mirai, the eldest daughter from Shida family, ran to her bedroom door, opened it up, ran again on the second floor corridor toward the stairs, she skipped few steps, and there she was. In front of her eyes, her mother was preparing a cup of tea in the kitchen, and her father sat on the chair in dining room with a stern look at something across him. Her eyes slowly moved to see the subject which her father had his eyes on, and yes, he was there. The only son of Yamada family, Yamada Ryosuke, sat uncomfortably on his seat, too tensed, his eyes were searching on something here and there.

‘Please don’t see me, please don’t look at here…’

Mirai didn’t know why her brain chanted those words, but somehow that thought was a right thing. Yamada found her figure, who standing there just like a statue. He gave her a small smile, but her father who observed his every movement, caught this and faked a cough.

‘Gosh, today is gonna be a very very long tiring day…’

 

 

“Here is the tea, Ryosuke-kun… Drink it while it’s still warm,” smiled Shida-mama when she put a teacup in front of Yamada.

He replied it with a nod and smiled too, but as he saw the stern face of Shida-papa, his smile gradually weakened. His cold hands tried to find warmth from the teacup, cupped it and slowly brought the tea to sip it. As his hands put back the teacup on the table, Shida-papa called Mirai to sit down with them too. The sound of chair being pulled filled the silence. He was really felt grateful because Mirai chose the chair beside him, it was like she’s on his side. Well, honestly he had many questions to his girlfriend now, like why her father was so shocked when he said he wanted to help her packing her stuff to move in his apartment.

‘Wait… It can’t be…’

He turned his head to Mirai’s direction, his eyes got bit bigger when he struck by the realization. Seemed like she understood what his look meant, so she replied with an apologetic smile.

‘Oh my… Mirai, I love you, but why you do this to meeeeee?’ his heart screamed.

He remembered a memory from high school. It was when they were in second grade, and his sister, Misaki and Mirai’s sister, Miyuu, just got in the high school. Miyuu somehow got famous between the third-graders, and there was a time where a senpai confessed right in front of Shida-family house. After that day, there was no even a single guy brave enough to confess to Shida Miyuu. Yes, thanks to Mr. Shida for being a monster-papa when a guy lays a hand on his daughters. He gulped at this, so being a best-friend to his eldest daughter since they were in their mothers’ womb still didn’t have any effect to this monster-papa.

“So, Ryosuke-kun… I ask you now, what is your relationship with my daughter?” here, the opening question.

‘Ryosuke, don’t yield! You’re serious about Mirai right?! C’mon you can do this!’ he mentally slapped his own self.

“I am… her boyfriend,” he gulped an empty air right after answered it.

“You are? I don’t remember Mirai has mentioned that she got a boyfriend?”

“Well, maybe Mirai forget…”

“SO YOU SAID THAT IT IS MY DAUGHTER’S FAULT?!”

“Etto… Dad…” Mirai tried to enter the talk.

“Not now, Mirai. I’m here asking Ryosuke-kun. Since when?”

“Around… a month ago?”

“A MONTH AGO?! AND YOU ALREADY ASKED HER TO MOVE IN WITH YOU?!”

“Shida-san, I am really serious in dating your daughter. Moreover, I already know her since a long time ago.”

“So you said like you know her more than her father?!”

“I didn’t mean it like that, Shida-san!”

“Listen Ryosuke-kun, you’re already like my own son…”

“That’s why I want to be your real son, Shida-san! Let me become your son-in-law!”

“..........”

A silence wrapped Shida-family house. Mirai, who didn’t expect that, also couldn’t say anything. Well, that was not in a negative meaning though, the fact that her heart was thumping so fast because she felt delighted of that sentence. Gosh, she really loves that full-of-surprises part from him. But, seemed it gave an opposite effect to Shida-papa.

“How can you so confident to be my son-in-law? Say, what have you done with my daughter?”

“Eh?” Yamada straightened his back, blinked his eyes few times, didn’t understand what Shida-papa had asked him.

“I asked you, what you have done with my daughter?! HAVE YOU LAID YOUR HAND ON HER?!” Shida-papa now was standing too, his eyes piercing into Yamada’s.

“Wa… wait Shida-san! It’s not like what you’re thinking!”

“YOU!!” Shida-papa grabbed Yamada’s shirt from across the table.

PING-PONG!

Shida-mama who was just seeing the ‘fight’ peacefully, smiled to them and said, “Wait a minute~” then she went off to the entrance door.

“Oh! Yes, he’s in. Please go in…” they could hear Shida-mama’s voice clearly. And… Yamada felt the situation became… well, he couldn’t say it’s getting better or worse…

“Gotou-san! Let’s go fishing today! I got a good ship! Eh?! Ryosuke?!”

“Well, Dad, hello…”

Yes, this situation was where a father saw his friend was ready and determined enough to kill his only son.

“Sou-san, your son… Your son!!”

“What? What did Ryosuke do?”

“He… he… my daughter!”

Yamada didn’t understand whether his father and Mirai’s father’s mind were connected to each other or something like that, but it seemed like his father got the same idea.

“Ryosuke…”

“Wait Dad… It’s not like that!” Yamada sounded very desperate with his situation now.

“I understand Ryosuke. Now, be a man and have your responsibility,” with that Yamada-papa patted Yamada’s shoulder, and gave a code to Shida-papa.

“Wait… Waiiiiiitttt!!!” he screamed.

Before Shida-papa could move his hand, they heard some steps entered the house, made him halted the attack again.

“Woah!! Ryosuke! Do you want to compete with me or something? You do have guts, ne~” Here was Chihiro, the eldest daughter of Yamada-family who just married some time ago. And…

“Gosh! After Chihiro-chan, now Ryosuke-kun? How about my children? When they can give me a grandchild?” here was Kamiki-mama too, both of them already overheard all of it.

“Argh! Enough!” said Shida-papa. “Now Ryosuke-kun, any last word?”

“Shida-san, I have said it, it’s not like what you think…”

“Then, say goodbye to your life…”

Everything went in a slow-motion, Shida-papa’s hand cut the air, aimed for Yamada’s face, all eyes were seeing this, and…

BRAK!!

“I AM NOT PREGNANT!”

There, Mirai stood from her seat, so after all of this time, she was still frozen because of Yamada’s unplanned proposal and all of the things got linked in her mind just now. All of eyes and ears were on her.

“Don’t try to cover him, Mirai. I know he’s your best-friend and maybe it was…”

“Dad, he never did something like that, believe me! And, sorry, it was my mistake, I was too afraid to tell you that I and…Ryosuke have been a couple for a month…  And, yes, I think to move to his apartment. Because, well, it’s free and… I feel a lot safer if I am with him,” Mirai then smiled a little to Yamada.

“So, please let me, dad…” she bowed to her father, and Yamada did too.

 

 

“Haaaaah....”

Yamada was in Mirai's room, he just finished moving some boxes of her things to the downstairs. Now the room looked spacious than before, and somehow it brought back some memories of his childhood.

“Otsukare~ Here…”

As he reminisce the memories, Mirai came from a quick bath and handed him a glass of water.

“Ah, thanks...” he took and gulped it in delight.

“Woah!! Yama-chan! Look at this!” unconsciously Mirai used the usual nickname as she mentioned Yamada.

“Ah! The scrap book when we're in kindergarten! Natsukashii~”

“Look! You're so chubby back then! And Miki was so cute!”

“Haha! And there when you're the one who wear tuxedo instead of us!”

They were looking at the scrap book, Mirai was sitting cross-legged and Yamada was behind her, peeked from her side. Having little distance from her, he could smell her shampoo, her body scent, and he found it very alluring. Unconsciously he drew closer to her, getting her into his embrace.

As his chest met her back, she tensed.

“Ya... ma-chan?”

“It's Ryosuke, right?” and he took a deep breath to fill his lungs with her scent.

Wanting more, he nuzzled his nose to her shoulder and smooched her exposed skin which was peeking out a little from behind her clothes. She jolted to the touch, and reflexively scooted away from him but he locked her in his embrace and did it more.

“Ryosuke? What....” Before she could say the rest, Yamada turned her head with his hand to his direction and kissed her.

It was a very normal loving tender kiss at first, but she couldn't tell when and why she accepted his 'invitation', and now their tongues engaged in intense battle. She didn't know how could she did such act, it’s her first time but she naturally met the flow. They forgot how to breath, their forgot of their awkward position, and what they needed now just each other presence. But their lungs couldn't do more, it already screamed for air, thus, they parted.

Realizing what happened just now, made Mirai couldn't to see at him and kept her head bowed.  Yamada saw this and turned her around to make her face-to-face with him.

“Hey...,” he patted her head but she didn't give any response. He remembered the moment when she didn't want to say anything to him and cried, so he didn't want to do the same thing again.

“Mirai... I'm sorry... that I just forced myself on you...” he said as he cupped her left cheek. Hearing the apologizing words, she abruptly looked up at him, “Eh?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter