Beneath The Tent

Beneath The Tent
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoochun sighed as he zippered the tent up, trying to put his disappointment aside. He didn’t even know why he was so worked up just now. Yoochun knew how it would end already; that he would be the loser among the three even though it was based on the staff’s voting. After all, his rivals weren’t just anyone but his own bandmate- Junsu and Jaejoong. Junsu was surely undefeated; the kid was seriously doing too great, too much passion in the area. Meanwhile, Jaejoong had the most beautiful voice he ever heard in his life; the kind he wouldn’t get bored of no matter what. Yoochun really had no idea how he could compete with such strong voices. Yoochun considered himself just as someone who enjoyed singing and composing, while his ability wasn’t even near the others. It was purely luck, which brought him to them.

“-good night and see you tomorrow.”

Yoochun could hear Jaejoong’s voice from the side of his tent. Even without looking, Yoochun knew that Jaejoong was currently waving his hand on the camera. He must be getting prepared to sleep on the couch already- somewhere much better than just a tent. Such things were just one of the virtues he had for being together over ten years- something like telepathy, maybe.

“Good night too, Jaejoongie-Hyung,” called Yoochun out with his suddenly-sore voice; probably due to his too powerful singing just now.

Jaejoong didn’t say a thing back, and that was making Yoochun frowned in wonder. It really wasn’t like Jaejoong to ignore his calling like that. Well, Yoochun shrugged; maybe Yoochun did play around too much when it was Jaejoong’s turn to sing. Of course it was never his intention to make Jaejoong lose. He just wanted to see how Jaejoong was always flustered on such occasions; something like a consolation for his definite lost. Besides, if Jaejoong did lose somehow- which wouldn’t happen, he would obviously let Jaejoong take the place and still sleep in the tent.

Yoochun sighed again, thinking that the damage has been done now. He could only hope that when tomorrow came Jaejoong would have a better mood. That way, Yoochun would be able to say sorry and got forgiven as soon.

With the thought, Yoochun was finally setting his sleeping bag and lying down; prepared to drift into his dreamland.

 

Yoochun didn’t know how long he has been sleeping, when someone suddenly nudged his side and woke him up right away. With his heavy eyes, Yoochun glanced at his side with an obvious frown; clearly didn’t really like it when someone was bothering his beauty sleep. Though, he couldn’t help but to get surprised too, when he noticed that the person was no one but Jaejoong. What Jaejoong was doing there, Yoochun couldn’t understand.

“… Hyung?” called Yoochun out; didn’t bother to hide his confusion and amusement.

“Can’t sleep,” answered Jaejoong while sneaking into Yoochun’s sleeping bag- where Yoochun has been there already since before; as if it was the most normal thing to do.

Yoochun wanted to suggest that the other could sneak on Junsu’s bed; or maybe both of them could, and that the bed seemed to be much better than a sleeping bag in a tent. But before he managed to say that, Yoochun could feel Jaejoong’s arms circled his waist; Jaejoong’s leg was on the top of his, and Jaejoong’s head was also rested on his arm. All of sudden, Yoochun remembered that a bed for three wouldn’t be that pleasant for him.

And so, all Yoochun could say was “okay”.

Since the other seemed to be pressed on him so close, Yoochun thought that maybe he needed to shift a bit so that both of them could be fitting in one sleeping bag more comfortably. But then as soon as he shifted further, Jaejoong’s arms suddenly started tightening up on his waist. “Don’t move, Yoochunn

Please log in to read the full chapter