The Best Day

Signals

- Uminnie!- Sehun yelled hiding behind me. As I could hide him, given the difference in height between him and me.
- What have you done now?- I asked, looking around me, in the middle of the dormitory hall, expecting the appearance of some angry member. I did not have to wait long, and neither Sehun's answer: Kyungsoo arrived, his face grim.
- It is useless for you to hide, living pole. I already told you countless times not to touch my belongings!- he yelled angrily, shaking his fists in the air.
- Soo, calm down. He surely must have done it for a reason, right Sehunnie?- I asked, turning my face to the maknae and arching an eyebrow.
- Yes, absolutely. You see, I was looking for my gloves.-
- And why your gloves should be in the drawer of my underwear?- said the other.
And to think that this was supposed to be my day of rest, since I had nothing planned. It was hard to be the "oldest" of the group sometimes. I sighed and lowered Kyungsoo's hands.
- I do not know what you were looking for among the underwear of Soo, but do not ever do that again. Would you like people to touch your things, not just your underwear? Now, whatever you stuck there, pull it out.- I ordered serious. Sehun was surprised because I knew what he had done. Kyungsoo grinned and gave a murderess look to the maknae; it was implied that he should follow him into the room to take away whatever he had tucked inside the drawer.
I left them to their bickering and went to my room. I was happy to have one of my own, although sometimes I missed somebody to wake up with. But it seems that THAT someone did not like to sleep with me. I sighed.
- It Is the second time in the space of five minutes, that you sigh. Any problem?- a voice asked behind me. I would know that voice wherever I went; I would not be able to live without hearing it once a day.
- No.- I said to Chen, finally turning around to face him. Geez, he could not smile like that, I would have risked to melt in the hall.
- It doesn't seem to me. You know it's Joonmyeon the leader, right?- he answered back, his smile widening. Wait a minute, he was implying I was a muddler? I agree that I was the eldest but I was not so old!
- It's not my fault if every time there is a problem, Joonie is not around.- I replied, snorting angrily.
- Hey, I did not want to offend you... even if I do not know what I've said wrong.-
I sighed for the third time in ten minutes.- Forget it Jongdae-ah, don't worry.-
He looked at me confused for a few seconds and then he went into the living room, where the rest of the group was - with the exception of Suho who was busy all day -. "Normal, every time we talk away from the spotlight, you escape," I thought sadly, entering my room. I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes.

- Jongin, I told you not to disturb him!- I heard whispering, in a high volume as to be heard, someone behind the door. - He's resting.-
- What is it?- I asked, high enough to let them hear me.
Jongin immediately entered the room and lay down on my bed, squeezing me. I heard sobs, and I figured he was trying not to cry. I looked at Chen, the one who was taking off the boy, and he shrugged his shoulders, with a strange look and contracting the jaw.
- Soo has gone out without telling him anything. And they also quarreled because Jongin argues that there is a certain "bond" with Ryeowook hyung.- he explained before leaving the room, as if someone was following him.
I sighed again. I patted the back of the boy and said nothing until he fell asleep: this was not the usual behavior of the young, it was strange so I guessed the argument was strong.
I freed myself from the embrace and walked to the kitchen, where I found Chanyeol busy cooking. I sat at the counter and rested my head in my hands. I sighed so loud that Chanyeol looked back to see who was disturbing him.
- Minseok Hyung, how are you?- he asked while focusing on the sauce that he was preparing.
- Don't even ask.- I simply replied.
Baekhyun entered the kitchen and headed to the tall guy. He tried to take a piece of meat that the other was cooking but desisted when Chanyeol beat him on the hand with the spoon he was using.
- Hands.off.- said the highest menacingly. Whoever had heard that would have thought that he was going to kill him; however, we members knew that that tone implied any kind of revenge, and I mean ANY revenge. But Baekhyun was always pretending not to hear.
- Evil!- Baekhyun cried in response. He disdainfully walked away from the kitchen.
- You are not going anywhere if you treat him like that.- I specified, resting my head on the counter top.
I heard someone coming into the kitchen, placing his hands on my shoulder. - Is he dead?- Chen asked, probably referring to me.
- No, he's resting. Or maybe he's thinking.- answered the cook.
Chen left the room. - And I see that even you, hyung, will go nowhere.- said Chanyeol.
I looked at Chanyeol. He had a point, but Chen was dense! He did not understand the things on the first try, but you had to explain them word for word. And I couldn't tell him so directly because I hand't the desire. I returned to my room, but I remembered that there was Jongin. Since the room of Kai, D.O and Chanyeol was free, I went to lie down in the bed of Chan, covering me with blankets.

- Channie.- a voice murmured in my ear. Why, if he was calling Chanyeol, he was speaking to my ear? Then I remembered that I was on the bed of the boy.
- Baek, I am Minseok.- I said, trying to shake him off.
- Minseok hyung? What are you doing here?- asked Baekhyun, pulling up but shooting me a murderous look.
- I was looking for a place to sleep since Jongin is sleeping on my bed.- I mumbled, sitting down on the mattress.
Baekhyun stared at me, probably because I had allowed someone else beside me to lie down on my bed, and he was about to ask me something but I interrupted him, my head was a mess and I couldn't hear anything outside of my thoughts. Baekhyun said nothing and left the room, and since I knew that lunch would be ready in a few minutes by the smell that came from the kitchen, I went out myself. As I stepped out, I ran into someone. I was about to yell at the person not to stop in fronte of the doors without warning of its presence, when I realized that it was Chen.
- Minseok hyung, I was going to come and call you; lunch is ready.- he said already turning to the kitchen.
I cursed the boy and his ability to run away whenever I wanted to talk to him. I snorted and followed suit.
Apparently, Kai had woken up in a good mood and did not comment about Soo's absence but I noticed a strange sparkle in the eyes of the younger; I did not want to know what he had in mind. Baek was being feed by Chanyeol and Chen... was looking at his plate and was silent; it was strange. Sehun, Suho and Lay were working so they would arrive home late.
I rubbed my temples in frustration, Yeol saw it and smiled. He was up to something; I heard the wheels of his brain working at top speed. I warned him with my eyes but he paid no attention to me.
- So Chen!- Yeol said smiling innocently. Three heads turned to look at him, surprised by the tone. - Do you have any news to share? I do not know, whether for work, training... love..- he threw out, widening the smile. I wrote down mentally to strangle him as soon as I had the chance.
Um ... The usual.- Chen said simply, stretching a smile not sincere at all.
- Come on, it's impossible! Here we all have someone we like...- said the pole boy, looking at the sides in search of confirmation -... and you want to tell me that there's no one you're interested in? -
- Uh.. em ..- Chen replied, blushing -... is not what I meant ...- and before he could finish the sentence, I got up from the table and put down my chopsticks.
- I've finished. I'm going out for a wal.- I announced.
I did not want just keep listening Chanyeol obliging Chen to speak about love. He probably did not even know what that word meant. I cursed myself for thinking so poorly of one of my companions, especially the guy that I liked.
The cell phone vibrated in my pocket. "Lu ge".
- Hello.-
- Minseokkie!- Luhan shouted on the phone.
- Lu ge, how are you? -
- I'm tired but it's alright. You?-
- Today I have the day off, so I'm resting... or at least I try to do so.-
- Jongdae?- he asked sympathetically. Although he was gone, we had promised to stay in touch - even if the others did not know, but I think that Suho did the same with Kris, and I was sure Sehun and Luhan kept in touch - so Luhan knew all about my crush on that... dinosaur!
- Yup. I do not understand whether if he is stupid or if he fakes being one. Okay, I hide my crush very well with some members, but not with him! I think I'm being quite explicit. Except that lately, every time I try to talk to him seriously, he runs away. He's making me nervous and Chanyeol doesn't help me at all, as he does everything to make Chen tell who he likes.- I complained, looking up to the sky.
- I see. Come on, you have to make sure that you and Chen remain alone and when it happens, take the initiative and declare, without giving him the opportunity and time to escape.- Luhan advised me, holding back a laugh. I pictured him with a huge smile on his face. I wanted to talk to him in person but, for now, we had to maintain the façade of indifference and disregard with the former members who left the group.
- Okay, I'll think about it. And with Sehun?- I asked, knowing for sure that there was something going on between him and the maknae, if there was not already something concrete.
- With Sehun? Hahahahah.- I heard him chuckle on the other side of the phone. - How could it go? He is still mad that I left, though he occasionally responds to my calls and my messages, without saying much.- he replied with a bitter tone in his voice.
- Well, you can not expect to be treated kindly, although the problem has faded a bit. You know that he will manage to overcome the fact and, as soon as he can, he will come to look for you.- I said seriously. I was sure that Suho and Sehun, as soon as they had the opportunity, and no one could forbid it, they would go to Kris and Luhan.
I was glad that Kris Luhan had the opportunity to speak again with their crush; the only time that I and Chen interact, was in front of the spotlights. It was not the greatest.
- Minseok, now I must go. I call you as soon as I can, okay? I recommend you to do what I told you to do. It's an order. If you do not do it, I'll come to give you a kick in your manliness.- Luhan said in a tone that mixed seriousness and fun.
- As I know that you're capable of doing these things, I will do it. If the dinosaur gives me the chance. Bye Lu ge.-
I looked around: many girls had realized that I was one of EXO, so I understood that I had to go back to the dorm. As I returned, I met Kyungsoo and Lay, who had just returned, and we went together in the dorm. When we entered the apartment, Kai jumped to D.O and crushed him in an embrace while Lay laughed. Kai, again with the twinkle in his eyes that he had during lunch, he withdrew from D.O and took him in the room, closing the door behind them. Yixing, tired for the day, lay down on the living room couch. Chanyeol, aware of our arrival - especially mine - got up from his chair and came towards me.
- Minseok hyung, I'm sorry about before, I should not have started the conversation.- he murmured, lowering his head, really sorry for what happened.
I sighed. - What's done is done. Do not worry. Anyway, everyone has figured out, except him, the reason why I left, right? -
- Um... yes. But I have to tell you something about..-
- Don't, I do not care. I do not want to know anything.- I said on my way to the couch on which Lay was taking his nap. I raised his legs, I sat down and rested his legs on top of mine. The television was on because Baekhyun and Chanyeol, before we arrived, were looking at it.
Chen left his room, came into the living room and sat on the ground, in front of the couch. He did not even look at me for once. "Don't mind it, I don not have to give too much attention", I thought, trying to focus on the program. I ended up falling asleep but I rested a little, because after half an hour Suho and Sehun arrived with dinner.
- Dinner is here!- Suho exclaimed as he set foot in the apartment.
All rose from their armchairs or sofa or went out from the bedrooms. Jongin and Kyungsoo were quite red in the face, especially the latter. I stood in my place: Lay was still lying on me. Chen noticed and woke him, helping him to stand up, everything without sparing me a glance. I began to get nervous: have I perhaps offended him, before? Have I been too rude?
- Hyung, you are not coming?- Sehun asked running to me and taking my hands to pull me up. I smiled: I loved the maknae; he was perfectly capable of understanding the mood of others. I ruffled his hair and together we went to the kitchen where the others had already begun to divide the pizzas.
- Sehun, you are a very good Maknae.-
He looked at me surprisedt; very rarely I openly expressed my appreciation for the smallest. I took him by the arm and pushed him to the table to be able to catch some pizza before they finished the pizzas. For the duration of the dinner I did not think of anything but the food and the schedule for the next day. So I did not realize Chen's looks.
Finished eating, we watched television together, Suho's cell phone rang and, after seeing who was calling him, left the room and went to his room. I hoped it was Kris so that was why I followed the leader. I pressed my ear to the door and began listening.

- Yifan!- Suho exclaimed, leaving leaked the joy for hearing from him. The rest of the conversation focused on current programs of him and EXO, and occasionally I heard Suho laugh. I would have continued listening if it was not for someone clearing his voice behind me. I turned and found myself face to face with Chen.
- Do you need something?- I asked, not at all happy with the interruption.
- Why are you listening Joonmyeon hyung's conversation?- he retorted; I hated it when a question is answered with another question.
- Because I hoped was a happy phone call.- I replied simply, then I left the room and went to mine. He followed me and seemed quite angry.
- Why did you hope to be a happy phone call?-
- Because it's been a long time since Suho does nothing but work and his laughter is fake, if not rare.- I opened the bedroom door.
- Why do you care for him?- he asked, following me inside.
- Have you went back to the "why?" period? Grow up a bit, Jongdae; there will not always be someone to take care of you.- probably I said something wrong. Chen, after hearing my words, slammed the door behind him and pushed me against the wall. He put his hands to the sides of my face and bowed his head toward me.
- I'm not a child. And it is time you understand it.- and said that, he flung his lips on mines.
I was paralyzed: I had always wanted to kiss him, but not when he was angry. I bite  his lip but he took it as an invitation to continue so he continued to kiss me more and more passionately. I, as a good fool in love, let him do it; I mean, when wil be the next time this thing could happen? Never, I replied myself, so I took advantage of it. After what seemed like an hour, he pulled away from me to catch his breath, smiled mockingly and laid his head on my right shoulder.
- Minseok, why do you not understand it?- he murmured as he lowered his hands, sliding them down my arms. I felt an electric shock through my body, from head to toe.
- What?- I managed to ask, not yet aware of what was happening.
- I am asking you why do not you see that I like you.-
My eyes widened. What?!?! Chen liked me? Was it a joke? I walked away from him and I threw him an incredulous look, if not skeptical.
- Jongdae-ah, repeat what you have just said.- I ordered.
- I said that I like you. Got a problem with that?- he asked angrily.
- Damn Jongdae, I had to wait three years for you to tell me?-
- Well, I thought that you and Luhan had something going..- he mumbled trying not to be heard. - But why are you so fired up?!-
- Chen, now I'll tell you two things, okay? I require your utmost concentration on what I have to say.- I began, restrain me from beating him. - Between me and Luhan there has never been anything, ANYTHING, that there was more than just friendship. In addition, I am fired up because in these three years that I liked you, and how much I liked you, you never let understood you wanted something more than friendship.- I finished eyeing him from head to foot. Why did I have to like a guy so... so... so Jongdae?!?
Chen looked at me confused; certainly he did not expect that I declared to me. And this meant either that I had hidden well my crush on him - but I do not think so, as well Chanyeol had realized it - or Chen was really a guy with two slices of ham on the eyes.
- Have you just said you like me?- he asked coming up to me and hugging me.
- Yes babo, and I'm thanking Kris for calling Suho and your disruptive jealousy.- I chuckled ruffling his hair.
Chen smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead. At that moment there was a knock at the door and, without waiting for an answer, Sehun entered the room.
- We have guests.- he announced with a serious face.
Chen took my hand and together we left the room. Approaching slowly to the living room, we heard three voices rather well-known. On my face immediately popped a smile as I cling to Luhan. Kris, beside him and holding hands with Suho, smiled and ruffled my hair whereas Tao gave me some pats on the back. I moved away from my friend and I looked at all three seriously; my eyes stopped on Kris.
- Wu Yifan, 10 minutes ago were you on the phone with Suho?-
- Um, yeah... - he answered while blushing.
- And how do you know that?!- Suho asked, clinging even more to his boyfriend.
- Well, I... -
- He was eavesdropping on your conversation.- said Chen.
Everyone turned to look at me. I did not try to explain to them why I was doing that. Also because these three brats had come to see us and I had to make sure that Sehun and Luhan made up and Suho and Kris... well, "recover" the lost time.
We all sat in the living room, as if they did not ever left, and the three began to tell why they were there.
- We met all three an evening in a room for a party. We started talking about our solo career, about you and about the fact that we missed you.- began to tell Kris, holding Suho's hand.
- So, as Yifan missed Suho so much and Luhan had to make peace with Sehun - otherwise you know that I would be able to kill you -, we agreed to come to meet you all.- Tao continued, as he tried to breathe, as he was forced into a hug from Lay.
- We talked with our manager and our agencies, and we made sure that SM does not know of our visit, contacting enough "powerful people" that will leave you the next two days off; so, for these days, you're all ours.- added Luhan, keeping one hand on the knee of the maknae, who kept his eyes straight ahead.
Chen and I looked at each other for a moment and realized that we were thinking the same thing. So I got up, dragging behind me also Chen, and began to head to the rooms.
-You will be tired for the plane.- I began turning around to watch them all. - Chen will stay in the room with me, so Luhan can use the bed in Sehun's one, Kris can sleep in the room of Suho as it's big enough for two and Tao.. Well, you can sleep wither with Chanyeol, Jongin and Kyungsoo or sleep in the room with Baekhyun and Lay.- said that, Chen and I entered the room.
From behind the door I heard them whispering, surprised at my behavior - yes, I had behaved as a leader but for once I did not want Suho to lost his head for thinking about these things - but at least I knew that that night everyone would be reconciled.
- You Know, you're a genius, Minseokkie.- Chen exclaimed, hugging my back.
- I know Jongdae, I know. And I want you to know I do not care how tired you may be, I am not tired at all.- I replied, smiling mischievously while turning my face towards him.
- Oh, I assure you I'm quite awake.-


The next morning we woke up with the chaos that reigned in the dormitory. From what I could hear from my bed, Kyungsoo had returned to haunt Tao, who was crying like a little girl while asking to Lat to defend him, Jongin laughing at the scene along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun and Suho was trying to stop Kyungsoo telling him that he would put to rest for a week if he would not stop while Kris laughed. I didn't hear the voices of Sehun and Luhan so I went out of the room leaving Chen still half asleep and went to check on them. I stopped in front of the door of the room, from where I could hear coming whisperers. I could not understand much so I decided to get into the room, not caring any scene I could encounter entering - hoping, however, fervently, that the scene did not concern the two.. em.. in the bed or quarreling -. I sighed looking inside: Sehun was sitting on the floor and curled up on top of him, there was Luhan who was speaking. The two looked up and smiled when they saw me.
- You thought you would find us in other positions, didn't you Uminnie?- Luhan asked giving an amused look.
- Of course not! I was hoping you were not killing each other.- I replied, beginning to close the door
- Killing each other? Nah! It is better to make peace in the best way.- said Sehun, evilly, as he hugged tighter my best friend.
- I don't want to know it.-
-Well, It will be the same thing that you and Jongdae have done.- Luhan replied grinning.
I glowered them and closed the door completely. I heard someone behind me, I turned around and found Chen shirtless.
- You have the nasty habit of eavesdropping on the conversations of the others.-
- And you to go around half-.-
- I do not think you have some problems with that.-
- Kim Jongdae, do you want to sleep outside tonight?! Impudent.-
Him, not at all repentant, came over and hugged me and began to give me light kisses on his face.
- Now that you are mine, I will not let you certainly go for a small quarrel.- he whispered in my ear.
Few simple words whispered in my ear by Chen were sufficient to make my legs jelly and tremble. , I ended up in big trouble.