What We Argue About

I Have Nothing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was already having a very rough day at work when he decided to take a break. Jessica Jung could seriously be a slave driver sometimes. But Seulgi knows it was for the company. He should be home preparing for his wedding. Instead, he was still caught up with work.

BUZZ! BUZZ!

“Hey Honey… Sorry I couldn’t call right away…”

“Is Jessica overworking you?”

“I’m out for a week. Let’s try to be patient.”

“I am… Don’t worry.”

“Are you off to your Bachelorette party?”

“Yes. Would my soon to be husband be there to seduce me?”

Seulgi smiles but sighs at the thought. Wendy and Yeri did ask him if he could perform a for Irene. He had to decline. Irene has seen him and had been with him in more ways than one. This wasn’t new already. Besides, intimate couple things were best preferred to be done privately.

Irene’s sisters did promise no paid dancers of any kind.

Everyone knows he could be the jealous type.

“I wish I could. But we do have that thing where we can’t see each other until the wedding.”

“Honey, that’s if I wear a wedding dress.”

“I still want to be careful. It’s just a few more days… But don’t take it the wrong way. I miss you… I really can’t wait to see you…”

“Me either…”

Lightning split the sky and Seulgi hears Irene scream on the other end of the line.

He laughs a little but ends up soothing his fiancé. He couldn’t resist her aegyo anyway.

“Make sure the driver doesn’t speed up okay? Seems that heavy rain is coming down...”

“I will…”

“Well, text me… Have fun… But not too much… I love you, Irene Bae.”

“I love you, Irene Bae.” He says breathlessly.

He feels her fingers trace his cheek making him smile softly.

It amazes him how much energy he gets, post , from just a mere kiss shared with Irene. Was he really that into her that his body could show this much excitement, this much need? He wonders if he was that much obsessed or he just loves her more than he ever did for any other woman who came his way.

Irene was perfect.

Granted she was a tad too serious about things around them, Seulgi wouldn’t ask for anything less.

She compliments him after all.

He could just imagine little Irene’s running around their apartment already.

It would be a source of his headache, but definitely his endless happiness as well.

“I love you too. Only you… Kang Seulgi…”

His lips touched hers in a tender kiss. As they let it linger, the kisses grew more passionate.

More passionate than the last

Seulgi couldn’t control himself as he moves swiftly on top of Irene, pinning her underneath.

Her girlfriend giggles under the kiss. She cups his cheeks pulling him closer.

His lips suddenly parted from her making her frown. Playfully Seulgi makes their noses touch. They smile and give each other a quick peck.

Their chests feel warm and full.

Irene notices Seulgi’s eyes though. Those catlike eyes were extremely happy. They are…

“Your eyes are glowing…”

Seulgi doesn’t say a thing. Instead, he leans and kisses her again.

“I like waking up like this…” Irene closes her eyes as his lips trail her jaw line before moving slowly along the length of her neck.

Seulgi elicits a moan that makes him smile. Irene feels it and lightly slaps his . Her boyfriend is such a playful lad she sometimes thinks he is purposely making her make weird noises out of sheer entertainment. Not that one or two makes him .

And that didn’t seem too bad for her.

“Irene…” He mumbles and gently places a kiss on her cheek.

He moves so that their eyes would meet. The sunlight was now peeking into their room, illuminating the world they have been in the night before.

The warmth their bodies share

The love that they have for each other

“Marry me… Bae Joohyun… Let me wake up every day to this… Let me love you like this each waking moment of my life…”

“I love you too. Only you… Kang Seulgi… Talk to you tomorrow…”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi wakes up to the worse migraine a groom could ever experience before his wedding day. Reaches for his phone like always, trying to check up on his fiancé.

Unfortunately he seemed to have forgotten to charge his phone before going to bed.

“…”

He scrambles for his charging, falling onto the floor in the process. Bruises on his knees were fine. Irene worrying all night wasn’t. He was already racing to his charger while his head formulated on what to say to his fiancé to make her less upset.

Just then he hears his doorbell being rung.

“Coming!” He yells and turns his phone on.

He leaves it by the dresser and does not stay long enough to see a flood of messages coming in.

“Dad?” Seulgi frowns as he opened the door.

“We were worried. They have been trying to reach you but couldn’t.”

“Why is there something wrong?”

“Weren’t they able to reach you?” His mother asked, cupping his cheek in the process.

“Reach me for what?” His heart raced.

He had grown confused as to why these questions were being thrown at him.

“Did something happen to Irene?” He lets the question linger in the air as he walks backwards into their apartment.

He starts to turn, walking over to their room to get his phone and sees the messages from Irene’s sister, Wendy.

From Wendy:

Oppa! Please come to the hospital. We are sorry we didn’t call right away. Mother didn’t want to worry you until we knew.

From Wendy:

Oppa, there has been an accident. The roads were slippery. The driver lost control.

Seulig drops his phone. He didn’t need to read the rest.

“Take me to Irene. Please.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene slept peacefully and Seulgi could only sigh at how beautiful his bride was. He held her hand, her fingers touching his lips. His chest ached as the days pass by. It had been already a week after the accident and Irene hasn’t even opened her eyes.

The wedding has been postponed, indefinitely. Seulgi doesn’t really mind about the costs anymore.

All he wanted was for Irene to open her eyes and tell him she was alright.

His fiancé has no idea about what was to come.

Seulgi assured himself he will stay by Irene’s side.

He didn’t need a contract.

He only needed Irene.

They will be together for better or for worse.

Irene’s family accompanied him that day.

The doctor was about give the summary on her fiancé’s injuries. As he was told, the crash was ugly and Irene was lucky to have survived it.

The driver, not so much

“This is a very delicate matter, and I suggest that only the family should be present.” The doctor, Park Bogum sighed as he eyed Seulgi.

Seulgi clenches his fist as Yeri immediately tried to soothe him.

“He is her fiancé. Technically he is family now.” Irene’s father explains and the doctor finally nods.

“Irene was wearing a seat belt which saved her from more broken bones that the driver incurred during the ordeal. Her left leg would heal after a few months.” Bogum closes his eyes and now eyes Seulgi as if he was feeling sorry for him.

“We have however, had to remove her uterus.”

“What?” Seulgi moves forward and this time Wendy tried to hold him back.

“It got ruptured beyond repair. If we didn’t she would have bled to death.”

“There could have something you could have done! Do you know what this would do to her?!” Seulgi angrily pointed at Irene who was still fast asleep.

“I’m sorry. It was the only way we thought we could have saved her.”

Seulgi turns away hands covering his face.

Irene’s parents were in tears and so were Wendy and Yeri who were hugging him close.

“What she needs is your love and support. She will need therapy too.”

The tears finally fall from his eyes as he tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter