Tangled Fate

Secret

Sungmin stopped crying now. But come to think of it, it was the first time someone he didn't know showed concern for him. He was deeply touched by the gesture. He used the handkerchief to clean his face away from tears when he noticed a name embroidered on one of its corners. It says "Little Boy". Because of what he has read, Sungmin smiled. Not intentionally, but "Little Boy" made him smile.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Jung eum's house:

When Kyuhyun arrived in Jung eum's house, he pressed the doorbell. Few minutes later, a house servant opened the gate for him.. He introduced himslef, and he was escorted inside. When he reached the living room, he saw Jung eum and Ji Sung having quality time together. They were not able to notice him, so he will just excuse himself.. But then, someone called his attention...

"Yah!!!"

Kyuhyun looked back and saw a man, about the same age as him, flashing him a gummy grin.

"H-hi."

Because of that, Ji Sung and Jung eum turned to Kyuhyun's direction, acknowledging his presence. they saw Kyuhyun wearing the clothes they bought for him. While Jung eum's brother stormed down the stairs.He then went to Kyuhyun.

"Hi! I suppose you are our new sibling."

Kyuhyun was confused. Sibling?

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"You call my elder sister noona, she calls you dongsaeng. So practically, you are our sibling."

Kyuhyun looked at Jung eum.

"Is that how it is?"

Jung eum looked at Kyuhyun with a challenging look.

"What do you think? Why? You don't like it?"

Jung eum's brother can't help but react.

"Aigoo noona! Don't ask him that kind of question. I'm sure he is not that happy. Just try to imagine having a sibling like you. Your ears will hurt like hell listening to you whine." Jung eum's brother then laughed, but ended up getting a spank.

"Aish! I shouldn't have brought you home!"

Ji Sung felt happy at the scene. But most especially for Kyuhyun.

""Okay. Now, we will have to guide each one of them."

Jung eum scoffed. "What are you talking about? Should you say that I have to look after the three of you now? After all, you just have the same level of thinking."

She then noticed Kyuhyun bowing his head. "Oh. Kyuhyun-ah. Why are you quiet? A while ago, you were really good with sarcasm."

Jung eum's brother, butted in.

"Maybe he's just feeling awkward." He then offered his hand for a handshake and introduced himself.

"By the way, I'm your Hyukjae hyung. But you can also call me Hyukjae or Eunhyuk. Starting today, we are the ones who will fight together against the monster" He then made a fist bump with Kyuhyun.

"Hyung. Who is the monster?"

Hyukjae smiled sheepishly. "You know who I'm talking about bro." 

Kyuhyun bursted out laughing and nodded. "Yeah. I think I know who you are referring to."

The two looked at Jung eum, they then looked at each other and laughed again. Jung eum noticed that the two are laughing at her, so she scowled and spanked the two. Kyuhyun and Hyukjae then ran around the house while being chased by Jung eum.

"Aaahh!!!! You two are demons! You just known each other, but you already have an alliance against me?! I'll spank you if I get you both!!"

Kyuhyun and Hyukjae ran around while laughing. After a while, Ji Sung joined the fun. When they got tired aof running around, they decided to eat dinner.

"Kyuhyun-ah, when I saw you a while ago, I thought there is a celebrity who entered our house. But look at you now. You look like a beggar"

Kyuhyun smirked. "You're just saying that, because there is no one here who takes your side. Admit it or not, Ji Sung hyung is on our side."

Hyukjae laughed. He can see that he and Kyuhyun can be very good brothers.

"Bro, I can see that we will be very good brothers. Right noona? What can you say?"

Jung eum angrily chewed on her food. "Huh! Let's see if I don't give you your allowance if you can still say that. What can you say Hyukjae-ah?"

But Kyuhyun butted in, teasing Jung-eum even more.

"Psh. Ji Sung hyung is there to give us allowance. You still can't win over us."

"Whatever."

They continued their dinner with occassional talks and laughs. Which helped Kyuhyun forget his situation even for a while....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• After one month:

Two days more and it is already Kyuhyun's graduation. In a span of just one month, Kyuhyun and Hyukjae became close friends. Hyukjae is with him everytime there is a crazy thing that he will do. Giving him advice, and comforts him every time he wants to give up with his life. Kyuhyun is currently on the rooftop. In the last few days, he went there a number of times already. Before he graduates, he is hoping to see that one person. However, that may not happen anymore...

Kyuhyun's graduation day came. As expected, Kyuhyun got a lot of medals and recognitions. Due to his intelligence that he showed while in school, three top universities in Korea offered scholarship for him. One of them is Seoul National University which is one of the most prestigious schools in the country. That is the university where his parents dreamt of him being admitted. In his graduation, Jung eum, Ji Sung and Hyukjae are present. They were the ones who stood in behalf of his deceased parents, while his medals are being given to him. When he received a trophy which is from the Korean Mathematical Olympiad, tears almost fell from his eyes. Several years from now, he will be successful. His parents sacrifice and hardwork will finally pay off before they passed away.

After his graduation, they went to Jung eum's house to have a small celebration. But before Kyuhyun could enter the house, he told Jung eum that he will be going to his parents. The three understands hi situation, that's why they allowed Kyuhyun to go to his parents. In that way, he can share with them his success.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Columbarium

Kyuhyun brought with him his medals and trophy. He placed it in front of his parents' columbaries. He also placed the envelope stating that he received a scholarship from Seoul National University. Tears fell from his eyes, while he talked to his parents.

"Umma, appa... I'm the class veledictorian. And I'm also a scholar at Seoul National University. Your dreams will soon come true. I promise you both that I will study hard... I love you and I miss you umma.. appa.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2007, Lee Residence:

Two years have passed, and major changes were already felt by the Sungmin and Ryeowook. Lee Corporation totally went bankrupt and all of their company shares were sold. The luxurious cars that they had were also sold. Ryeowook is already in senior high and Sungmin is worried for his college tuition expenses. Sungmin was forced to quit college since their father was diagnosed with a liver cancer when he is on his second semester of freshmen year in college. Their father couldn't work anymore due to his condition. Sungmin doessn't want to spend the remaining money that they have in the bank, since it is already intended for their father's medication. Sungmin is working as an asisstant in a clinic. Even if it is against his will, Sungmin allowed Ryeowook to work as a part timer in a restaurant near his school. At least in that way, Ryeowook will have school allowance and wouldn't have to worry being absent from class. If they will just rely on his salary, it is not enough for them to live and send Ryeowook to school. Sungmin is currently inside his room- his new room. They sold their old house and they decided to live in an apartment style house in a residential area. Even though that their childhood and their mother's  memories were left in their old house, he knows that selling the house would be the best decision. Maybe their mom will understand why he has to do it. While arranging his things, Sungmin's eye caught the sight of a little box that he treasured so much. Sungmin reached for the box and opened it. Inside the box was a handkerchief. It was the handkerchief given to him by "Little Boy" two years ago. Eversince their encounter on the rooftop, they never had the chance to meet again, until he also graduated from high school and went to college. Sungmin was not able to notice Ryeowook who sneaked inside his room. Sungmin got surprised when his brother suddenly spoke.

"Why don't you just find him?"

"What the hell Ryeowook! You're giving me a heart attack. Can you at least knock on the door before you enter?"

"Why? You don't want to be disturbed while you are having sentiments about Little Boy?"

"Whatever. Don't bug me with that topic." Sungmin then placed the handkerchief back to the box.

"Aigoo Sungmin! Why don't you go and get a love life? So that you won't end up like a monk waiting for Little Boy to come back."

"Stop it Ryeowook. I don't have time for that. Instead of meddling with my love life, why don't you just focus on your studies? Your grades are low in the last exams you had."

"Whatever Sungmin. Your life is really boring."

Ryeowook exited Sungmin's room. While the latter heaved a sigh. He maybe a fool. But all this time, he is still hoping that he and Little Boy will cross each other's path again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2008, Cho Residence

Kyuhyun is in his 3rd year in college now. He is taking up Business Management, so that he can also help his Jung eum noona with her business. Jung eum also promised Kyuhyun that once he graduates, she will promote him as a branch manager in one of her cafes. Hyukjae is taking up architecture, due to his love of infrastractures. Kyuhyun looked at himself in the mirror. A lot of changes had happened to him. The way he is dressed, the ay he styles his hair, the way he talks- almost his whole being had changed. One year to go, and he can start doing what he has planned for so long...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2009, Seoul National University

One year had swiftly passed. Kyuhyun had already graduated from his course. He can proudly say now, that he is not the Kyuhyun who you belittle and insult. He is now a fully educated man who attained education in a prestigious institution. At last. His sacrifices and hard work already paid off. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Lee Residence

Sungmin is currently cooking dinner when Ryeowook went home and is shouting. He went to the door, only to see his brother very happy.

"Wookie-ah, what's with the noise?"

"Sungmin-ah, I won a singing contest in our school!" Ryeowook beamed and handed Sungmin an envelope.

Sungmin got the envelope, but throwed Ryeowook a confused look.

"That's my prize. We can add that up to dad's.. oh.. appa's medical expenses."

Sungmin sighed. He looked at his brother who is until now, seemed to be attached with the way they call their father in the past.

"Until now, you don't want to open up to anyone about who you were before, right?"

"For what? We've been like this for so long. It's better if we will not talk about it."

Sungmin slowly nodded. "Yeah, you're right. Maybe it is best if we will just forget what we were before."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2016, Gamecrafts Corporation

After 7 years, Kyuhyun is now a CEO of his own company. He was able to establish his own company in an unexpected way. 4 years ago,when he discovered that a computer game can also be a source of income. It was his hobby to play computer games when he is bored. And due to his skills, he was able to invent an online game. Surprisingly, it became a hit to the younger population. He gained millions from the computer game. And because of that, Gamecrafts Corporation is born. His company is leading in the country in terms of online games. Kyyuhyun is currently in his office and signing papers when the door suddenly slammed open. His eyes focused on the person who entered- his Jung eum noona. She trowed something on Kyuhyun's table before sitting down on the sofa across the CEO's table. Kyuhyun smirked with the way his noona arrived. It's almost 12 years now, but his noona is still childish. He got the envelope she throwed on his table, but didn't opened it. He talked to his noona.

"What brings you here? It's really unusal for you to visit me here in my office."

"I just wan to invite you on a celebration. I believe you will go even though I won't go here and tell you."

"Noona, you know that I'm a busy person. I don't have time for social gatherings."

"Even if it's my wedding?"

Kyuhyun's face lit up with smile upon hearing Jung eum. Wedding? Finally! after almost 13 years of being together, they decided to get married.

"Hey... did I hear it right? You're getting married?"

Jung eum scoffed. "Why? Do I look like I'm joking? Check the invitation and see for yourself."

Kyuhyun is really happy. He rushed toward Jung eum and hugged her. "Congratulations noona!"

"Psh. Congratulations. if I know, you and Hyukjae is very happy because no one will spank you if you do something mischievous."

Kyuhyun hugged Jung eum again. "Aish! Noona... if not because of you, I will not be this handsome. Maybe I'll still look like a nerd."

"Jung eum hit Kyuhyun in his head. "Yah! Stop with the aegyo its not cute for you. And why are you suddenly so arrogant about your face?"

Kyuhyun laughed. His noona is really hot-blooded. "Either way, I'm sincerely happy for you and Ji Sung hyung."

"Thank you Kyuhyun-ah."

Jung eum's phone vibrated, signalling that there is a call. She answered it. After the call, she bid Kyuhyun goodbye.

"Kyuhyun-ah, I'll go ahead. I'll have to meet with Ji Sung oppa."

Jung eum didn't wait for Kyuhyun to answer. She went out of the office. Kyuhyun laughed while shaking his head. Kyuhyun sat back on his chair and grabbed his phone. He willcall Yesung, his college classmate and best friend alongside Hyukjae. Yesung answered after two rings.

"Yoboseyo?" said the male voice on the other line.

"Where are you?" 

"I'm in my office. Why?"

"Let's unwind."

"Cool! Where's the place?" Yesung's voice is full of enthusiasm with what Kyuhyun said.

"Same place. It's been a while since we went there."

"Okay. I'll just call Hyukjae so that he can join us."

"That would be a great idea. Bye dude."

"Bye."

After the call, Kyuhyun went out of his office and confirmed to his secretary that his schedule for the day is over. He then went to the elevator that will lead him to the underground parking lot. He went inside his car, and off went to the place that they agreed to go...

 

 

A/N:

Hello JOYers! Sorry if I keep on giving you cliffhangers. Author is evil right? :)))))) But don't worry. I will update with another chapter today since author is really sorry for always giving you cliffhangers. Hope you enjoy!