(Yoonseok) Flights are made for sleeping

The most beautiful moments in life

Prompt: write a story about someone who ends up sitting next to some really intolerable/annoying people on a long airplane flight. 

 

Yoongi hates flights. He hates long flights in particular. The seat is nowhere near comfortable to sleep in and there is always annoying people around who just won't shut up. Fortunately the first class seat is a little more comfortable and the first class people are a little bit more mannered. Or so he thought. Yoongi leans back in his seat and closes his eyes. It was a tiring week in Europe doing business with a tiring bunch of people. Now he just wants to sleep.

"Hey, uh, sorry. I think that's my seat", Yoongi hears a careful voice say and feels someone tap his shoulder. So much for the sleep. He slowly opens his eyes to see a young man with black hair. He's wearing a suit jacket with a plain shirt underneath, black jeans and running shoes. Who wears running shoes with a suit jacket? 

"No. This is my seat", Yoongi says slowly, maybe a little too rudely, "289. Just like in my ticket."

"Oh, I'm so awfully sorry! I totally looked wrong. The seat next to you is mine. I'm sorry. You look tired, why aren't you sleeping?" the man asks as he sits down next to Yoongi. Maybe because you just woke me up? The man doesn't give Yoongi a chance to answer before he starts blabbering about useless stuff like food and his trip to the airport.

"Where are you from? You're probably not from France. So I'm guessing Korea because you look and sound perfectly Korean? Where in Korea do you live? I'm from Gwangju. I don't know if you already heard it in my accent. I've been trying to master the Seoul dialect since I've been living there for a few months already but I'm not too good at it yet. So did I ask you where you're from?" the man blabbers on and on and doesn't even notice Yoongi sighing in frustration. All he wanted to do was sleep.

"Daegu", Yoongi answers.

"You didn't sound like that. Do you live in Seoul too now? You look like a business man, so you must work for some company, right? I work for a company too but it's not a big one so you probably haven't heard of it. I'm actually changing into a bigger one next week", the guy goes on.

"Do you ever shut up?" Yoongi shighs again. Usually he doesn't have any problem with being rude to annoying people but now seeing the look of hurt on the other's face makes Yoongi feel a little bad. I must've become sympathetic because I'm so tired. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little tired. I'm Yoongi", Yoongi offers his hand and the other's face immediately lights up.

"I can't believe I've been talking you to death and I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Hoseok but you can call me Hobi", he introduces himself with such a wide smile that it makes Yoongi want to sleep for a week. How does this guy have all this energy?

"So tell me all about yourself. You seem like such a great guy, I want to know everything! I don't think you wanna hear about my life that much because it's a little boring and I'm a little boring but I want to know about you. What do you like to do? Where do you work? Is that a little creepy question? I swear I'm not a stalker", Hoseok laughs with a little blush on his cheeks. This is going to be a long 13 hours. So Yoongi does the only thing he can think of to make this annoying guy shut up without being offensive (not at all because Hoseok's a little hot too) and he presses his lips on Hoseok's. Maybe flights aren't meant for sleeping after all.