final

don't say you love me!

Jongin was on his way to finishing one of the drafts his rather grumpy boss had assigned him to do when he hears the said male grumbling and walking up and down his office, running his hands through his hair out of frustration.

He pays no notice, instead, going back to typing the document out. He had asked for permission to leave earlier today- it being a Saturday, but the devil had other plans as he pushed more work into Jongin's hands.

"I'm going to be staying longer, so why shouldn't you?." Boss had said nonchalantly, but Jongin refused to accept such an explanation. However, he had little choice.

He feels Do Kyungsoo stop his walking, his gaze lingering on him- he does not pay attention. The busy man stares a while longer, but then sighs in annoyance and resumes his fast pacing.

Jongin mentally rejoices because he has just one more letter to type out and then he'd be a free man. 

Just when he finally looks up to see what the grinch was currently doing, he hears a huge crash from the back of their 

"-" He mutters, pushing his chair backward and darting to the source of the sound.

 

The doctor seems quite amused by what has happened and he is clearly having a difficult time hiding that smile. Jongin takes offense immediately.

What kind of doctor found people falling off step ladders and onto wrought iron tables funny? A CEO nonetheless.

"Right- so he's fine, just stitches on his head and a bad lower back sprain. Right. Thanks." Jongin waves offhandedly, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet, his hands shoved in the pockets of his office slacks as he waits for the doctor to finish the instructions. He needs to go see his boss before he himself storms out to kill him.

The doctor nods, but adds a- "Yes, but he's still a bit..woozy." 

Jongin questions his medical knowledge.

"Don't force any extra information on him, he's probably going to wake up and remember everything anyway-"

Jongin he is too polite and nods anyway, flashing him a smile and running off in the direction of the room Kyungsoo was admitted in.

On reaching the door, he peeks in to see the other, whose eyes were as wide and doe as possible, staring at a penguin plush toy in his hand. 

"Hey, how're you doing?" Jongin asks as he steps in and locks the door behind him.

Kyungsoo startles a bit, but quickly regains composure, pushing the plushie to the side. He moves his leg to make space for Jongin to sit. "I'm doing fine! Doesn't this penguin look like me!" Kyungsoo asks, holding the toy against his face for comparison and staring at Jongin with a wide smile on his face.

Jongin squints. "Hah- yeah, I guess?" He asks. He's had zero experience with hospital patients and this is the first time he's ever seen someone on anesthesia- so the difference in behavior was clearly a bit alarming.

The shorter male nods gleefully and places the plushie carefully so it's hugging the flower vase on the side of the table.

"Oooooh." Kyungsoo suddenly sing songs. "I love daisies! Who gave me daisies!" He questions, picking up the flower vase, and in turn dropping the penguin. He frowns and attempt to reach down to pick it up but Jongin beats him to it.

"Hey slow down, you're supposed to rest!" He chastises, putting the penguin back on the side stand. Kyungsoo downright pouts, "But I just wanted to see who would send me my favorite flowers!" He says in defense-

And then suddenly remembering that he was about to check the name tag, he holds the vase at arms length to study the name on the tag hanging off the neck of the bottle- 

"Get well soon, love." Is all that's written in cursive. 

Kyungsoo squints at the lack of information, looking at the tag from near and far, upside down- and then looking up to catch Jongin's gaze with the same comical expression on his face.

Jongin isn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

"Love? Am I love?" He asks, scratching his chin. "Someone loves me?" He asks incredulously, "Jongin! Someone loves me!" He announces to the white hospital room a bit too loud, causing a nurse to peep through the door to check if everything was alright.

Jongin wants to reply with a 'no , Sherlock' but decides against it. That probably would be too mean of him. Instead he plays along. "Oh my god, Kyungsoo- you lucky thing! You have a lover!" He says a bit too cheerfully. Kyungsoo is still looking at the flower vase with much interest.

However, when he raises his head to meet Jongin's eyes does Jongin sees his expression-

His eyes are wet with tears and he suddenly pushes the vase to the side harshly. "I don't want anyone to love me!" He cries, tears falling slowly and he rubs his face with the back of his hands.

Jongin lunges forward to wipe his face, lest he should get exhausted or his hospital gown too wet with tears. "Yes, yes.. shush Kyungsoo.. don't cry." He pleads helplessly because the tinier male didn't look like he would stop anytime soon. 

"Jongin- I feel so bad for this person-" He cries, holding Jongin's face.

Jongin, on the other hand, can only nod weakly, desperately trying to quiet the elder down. "Oh, and why is that," he whispers distractedly, wiping the other's sobbing, snotty face with his handkerchief.

Kyungsoo stills for a bit, looking at Jongin with his bottom lip pulled within his teeth. He's stopped crying finally, but he's nibbling at his bottom lip with such fervour, it might get cut. Jongin reaches forward to stop that from happening but Kyungsoo holds his hands in place-

"It's b-because I love you!" 

Everything goes silent for a while, Kyungsoo's face erupting with a rosy pink shade. When Jongin shows no signs of talking, instead choosing to gape, a fresh set of tears start streaming down Kyungsoo's face.

Jongin might as well have said he were a mass murderer.

"Listen, Soo- it's okay! You can stop crying now-" He desperately tries to make amends-

But Kyungsoo stubbornly pushes every attempt made by Jongin away, trying as hard as he can to shift and face away from Jongin. Try as much as he might, however, he remains in the same position due to his injured waist and Jongin finds it adorable.

"You don't love me-" Kyungsoo mutters, resorting to covering his face with his hands instead. 

Jongin tsks, getting up to hug the elder. Kyungsoo goes mum for a bit, staring in shock since the man he's been silently crushing on comes closer and pulls him into a hug.

"I love you, baby," He says, kissing his head. Kyungsoo's eyes are at it's widest, staring at nothing in particular. When he shifts his gaze up to Jongin, the other is smiling the warmest smile he's ever remembered seeing. "Of course I love you." He repeats.

Kyungsoo's head is on fire and he looks like he's going to pass out any time soon. "Y-you do?" He asks, jittery, his fingers fidgeting like he was a highschooler and not the CEO of a multinational company. Jongin nods.

"Kiss me, then." He orders, as though looking for evidence. Jongin has given up all hope at this point, leaning in to finally kiss those lips he'd been dying to kiss all day. When they're just centimetres apart and Kyungsoo's eyes are closed and his breath is ghosting on Jongin's lips, Kyungsoo pulls apart.

Jongin whines in the back of his throat, he feels like he's being deprived of his favorite candy.

"You're lying.." Kyungsoo retorts instead, a finger pointed in Jongin's direction, accusatory pout in place.

Jongin facepalms. 

"Kyungsoo-" he whines aloud this time, he's used to being taken care of, not vice versa. "Of course I love you! We've been in a relationship for the past three years!" He says eventually- fishing out his phone to reveal his wallpaper- a selca of the two of them during a beachside vacation.

Kyungsoo's stares at the object, his mouth turning into an 'o' as he gaze shifts from Jongin to the object and then back at his boyfriend.

"You sent me flowers?" 

And the penguin, and the balloons, and brought you here, and had to listen to a tiring medical explanation and had to endure THIS.

"Yes," Jongin rubs the back of his head. "Yes, you're the love of my life and the doctor said not to force any information on to you so I didn't.." He explains weakly, waiting for Kyungsoo to pull up another reaction.

Kyungsoo is beautifully pink by now, his blush spreading to his shoulders. Jongin tries again when Kyungsoo doesn't respond, holding his jaw in place as he leans in for another kiss. Kyungsoo seems like he's conceding, leaning in the opposite direction- but then another thought strikes him.

"Wait.. you're my boyfriend?" Kyungsoo whispers- the whisper itself being much too loud to be considered one. Jongin, on the other hand, cannot hold back his laugher. This truly was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see his fiance blushing, confused and stumbling for words- all in one.

"Yes! And your fiance!" He reaffirms. "Now, hyung, could you please let me kiss you?" 

Kyungsoo brightens at this, nodding bashfully as he leans forward with an expectant look on his face. Just when their lips were about to touch, Kyungsoo pulls away, seemingly alarmed.

"But Jongin.." He whispers, looking around suspiciously, "We're in public."

Jongin wants to faceplant on the floor. Not again. 

 


 

-Reading your comments are the best thing in the world, in addition to the upvotes!

Well, im not in writers block- just emotionally constipated. If that makes any sense to begin with.
This was supposed to be a 700 world drabble, but now it turned out to be 1.6k. Don't hate me, please.
First fluff attempt in ages! Any feedback would be great, thanks. (not proofread yet)

Happy reading!