Chapter 6 - A Step Further

The Sweetest Thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two Years Later...

"Kyungsoo! You didn't add the chocolate!" 

"Baekhyun, you keep eating it. Is there any chocolate left?" 

Baekhyun pouted and insistently waved the bag of remaining chocolate chips at Kyungsoo, who was currently stirring the cookie batter in a big bowl. The two were in Kyungsoo's penthouse after returning from a movie date earlier in the afternoon, baking cookies together after Baekhyun suggested the idea. Or rather, Kyungsoo had taken over the baking process, while Baekhyun was perched on the kitchen counter, watching him and chattering away. 

Kyungsoo had just placed the cookies in the oven when he felt a soft kiss on his cheek. He looked up to see Baekhyun quickly look away from him, as if trying to play innocent. Scoffing quietly, he placed the bag of chocolate chips in Baekhyun's lap before leaning on the wall opposite Baekhyun, watching as the other popped a few chips into his mouth. The two had began dating shortly after the fateful day in the rain when Kyungsoo had gone to visit Baekhyun. Ever since then, they'd gone on countless dates together, sometimes outside, sometimes at each other's houses. Most of them were initiated by Baekhyun who turned out to be very adventurous and playful when it came to date ideas. Kyungsoo had found himself unwillingly dragged off to berry-picking, picnics, more park-frolicking, and baking like today. As unwilling as he was initally, however, he found himself going along with Baekhyun's plans and... not hating it? Jongin had given him a long stare when he'd tried to explain what he'd been spending all his time with Baekhyun doing. 

His thoughts were interrupted with something poking his lip. He mindlessly complied and opened his mouth, only to realize that Baekhyun was attempting to feed him chocolate chips too. The latter grinned at him sheepishly as he held out a second chip. 

"What are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked, watching the other pop three more into his own mouth before holding a few more out towards him as well. 

"I can't stop. These are so good," Baekhyun whispered. "But I can't just eat without letting my boyfriend have any." He extended his arm at Kyungsoo again, insisting on feeding him more. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes instead, quickly dipping his finger into the nearby bag of flour and brushing it against Baekhyun's cheek before striding out of the kitchen, ignoring his indignant noises. 

~

Kyungsoo settled down in his lounge room, opting for the soft plush couch instead of his usual chair. Baekhyun curled up next to him, leaning on Kyungsoo's shoulder as he nibbled on a cookie, fresh from the oven. Even though they had just been to the theaters that afternoon, the pair were resting on the couch with reruns of a drama playing on the television. While Baekhyun was focused wholly on the drama, quieted for once, Kyungsoo browsed the internet with his phone. Unconsciously he rested his head against Baekhyun's, eyes getting heavier and heavier by the second...

A while later, he could feel consciousness return to him as he suddenly became aware that he had fallen asleep. He was also aware of the fact that somehow, he wasn't sitting on the couch anymore. He was in a fetal position with his head resting on something soft that felt like denim. A hand was carding through his hair. Kyungsoo cracked open his lids just a little to see that Baekhyun was still focused on the drama on TV, still nibbling a cookie - Oh God, how many had he eaten already? - but also absentmindedly brushing Kyungsoo's hair from his forehead. It felt... nice. Just as he was about to close his eyes and pretend to have never woken up, Baekhyun noticed him staring. 

"Soo? You're up?" he whispered softly. He leaned down closer to Kyungsoo's face, still continuing to his hair with his fingertips. "Did you have a nice nap?" he asked, a small, slightly teasing smile playing on his lips. Kyungsoo gave him a blank stare, wondering how to answer. 

"You're still eating cookies," he deadpanned instead. 

"Yes because they're so good~" Baekhyun sang, as he fed Kyungsoo some of his cookie. As Kyungsoo chewed, he moved to get up, only to be pinned down again by Baekhyun. "You can stay there if you want, Soo. Sleep some more." 

"I've slept enough already," Kyungsoo mumbled, trying to get up again, only to be pinned down by an insistent Baekhyun. 

"You've been so tired lately, Kyungsoo. Get some rest." Kyungsoo made one last futile attempt to get up before Baekhyun pushed him down gently once more. "I'll be right here when you wake up, so rest a little," he whispered. At this, Kyungsoo shuffled around a little awkwardly, before settling into a comfortable postion again. He gingerly rubbed his cheek against the soft material of Baekhyun's pants, still unsure of what was going on. This felt... almost a little pleasant, but was it supposed to? His thought were interrupted by the feeling of Baekhyun's fingers, gently brushing his hair again. He welcomed the feeling, and succumbed to sleep. For once, he let himself rest a little. 

True to his word, Baekhyun was still there when Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter