PART 3

INTERVIEW OF XXMIRABELLAXX AKA _MIRABELLA_

PART 3 ALL ABOUT YUNAJE.....


TINA: What does yunjae represent to you?
MIRA: True Love against all odds.

TINA: Why are we obsessed with Yunjae? 
MIRA: I think…it’s because we know there’s a lot more to their story than meets the eye. The few glimpses we have are so tantalizing. They obviously cared for each other and shared a bond you don’t see often in life. And then they were separated by cruel fate in a way that obviously hurt them both deeply. And now we have the mystery of their relationship and the suspense of a reconciliation. All the elements of High Romance and drama are there. It’s fascinating. It also helps that they’re both very beautiful and charismatic people.

TINA: Why is that Yunjae in stories can do anything and we support them? (Ex: affair, , home wrecker)
MIRA: I think a lot of authors (and readers) use YunJae to explore taboo ideas in a safe way. We all understand that it’s fantasy. We’d be appalled if they did these things in real life, but anything goes in fantasy. We start with the basic shared belief that YunJae are good people and so they must have good reasons for doing messed up things in stories.We want to forgive them because we love them. And if the author is doing a good job, then we understand the reasons why they do bad stuff, so forgiving them is easy.

TINA: Tomorrow headlines Jaejoong confirms he is in a relationship with a girl. How do you feel? 
MIRA: I’d be happy for him. I’m one of those people who don’t think YunJae were together post-DBSK-breakup. I honestly want them both to be happy, whether they’re together or apart. If that means being with other people, then I’m okay with that.

TINA: Asian celebrities often get married in secret and hide the fact they are indeed married..So one member of TVXQ is in that married status. How do you feel? 
MIRA: Is it Changmin? Because damn, I’d applaud his wife for her bravery. That sharp tongue of his! (laughs) I’ll be honest, there was a point in time when I thought Yunho might be secretly married. He’s always struck me as the kind of person who needs that loving family relationship, and we all know how much he wants kids. But now…I don’t know. Like I said before, I want them to be happy. I think it’s sad and cruel that K celebs have to hide their relationships. If they were married, I’d support them completely. It wouldn’t change anything for me.

TINA: How real is Yunjae and how much is in fact Fan service? 
MIRA: That’s the big question, isn’t it? I’ll tell you, I’ve studied every YunJae clip out there for Fireflies. I mean, really studied them and tried to imagine what was happening behind the scenes. And I can explain 99% of all their interactions as fanservice, the bond of people who spend 24-hours a day together, the cultural differences between East and West in how men interact, and so forth. But it’s that last 1% that makes me wonder. There are some looks and touches that are simply too intimate and unconscious to be fanservice.

TINA: Do you think Jaejoong is gay? 
MIRA: No. I think Jaejoong is wonderfully open-minded about uality in a lot of ways and might be panual. But I don’t think he’s gay. That’s too narrow a definition for him.

TINA: When Yunjae comes out publicly…….. 
MIRA: …the world loses its mindand there’s mass celebration. Fanfic authors like me weep openly in the streets. We are vindicated! Then everybody throws flowers and wishes them well as they fly into the sunset on their honeymoon.

TINA: Do you think they meet secretly and still friends or even lovers? 
MIRA: Before GFF, I would have said absolutely not. But at GFF, their interactions (that we saw, anyway) were not what you’d expect from people who were reuniting for the first time in years. It was obvious that they’d spoken before. And that there is still affection, at the very least, between them. So, yes! I think they’re friends. But I doubt they saw each other often, even before the military. Their schedules were too demanding.

TINA: I heard Jaejoong song nine is for Yunho even though he denied it? What do you think? 
MIRA: I think we have to take his word for it that it’s not. Regardless of any secret suspicions, I choose to believe him as an artist when he tells me what his work is about.

TINA: What is about Yunjae that makes you sacrifice your time and energy upon writing fictions.. 
MIRA: Well, they’re the perfect couple, aren’t they? (laughs) I feel like I know them so well now that it’s easy to write stories about them. And there’s something magical about their relationship, I think. There’s a spark they share that makes any story I write about them romantic and intense. I count on my readers sharing that same appreciation and understanding of how powerful their bond is.

TINA: Your future plans for fanfics? 
MIRA: My goal is to finish Fireflies. Someday…

TINA: Thoughts on homouality? 
MIRA: Thumbs up! I’m all for people loving other people.

TINA: What do you think of people who think homo uality is a sin and a disease which can be cured? 
MIRA: I honestly pity anyone who looks at love between consenting adults and sees something ugly. Like, who ruined your soul? How did you get so twisted up inside that love looks evil to you? And I don’t think people like that should have any say in how gay people live their lives. It’s none of their business.

TINA: What do you think we should do to make the world accept homouality? 
MIRA: If I had the answer to that, I’d be out on the campaign trail.

TINA: In the future your kid comes out to you. What will you do? 
MIRA: Be so, so proud of them for having the courage to do that. Take them out to dinner. Want to meet their SO.Do everything I can to show how much I love them.

TINA: Pride or love? 
MIRA: Both, of course. ^^

TINA: Love to me is………… 
MIRA: Wanting someone else’s happiness as much as you want your own.

SOME RANDOM QUESTIONS.......

TINA: Asians gives importance to skin color. dark skin is big no no to Asians? Do you think it is ok to think like that? (China, Korea, Japan and India) 
MIRA: Do I think its okay to judge someone by their skin color? Absolutely not.

TINA: How Important is skin color to you? 
MIRA: Not at all.

TINA: Opinions on plastic surgery? 
MIRA: I don’t have any objections to it, if that’s what the person wants and isn’t being pressured into it. But I do feel sorry for people who get addicted to plastic surgery and become almost unrecognizable. There must be a lot of insecurity and self-loathing inside them to do that.

TINA: What do you think of Siwon from super junior’s statement when he said in a radio interview...”I don’t mind dating western girls but marry an Asian girl my mom approves off”? 
MIRA: He said that? Wow. Well, that’s not the most offensive thing he’s said, I guess. Without going into it and risking the wrath of all the SJ fans out there, let’s just say that I’m not a fan of him personally and disagree with many statements he’s made.

TINA: Why should we be obsessed with pop idols when they don’t even know we exist? 
MIRA: I’m GLAD they don’t know I exist. I live in terror that YunJae will somehow stumble cross the I’ve written about them. I would die… But, for me, it’s because they are these iconic figures whose real lives are so mysterious that I DO care. I think that they aren’t real for us. Not just in the sense that once I start writing them as characters in my stories, they stop being the kpop idols Yunho and Jaejoong and become whatever I’ve written them to be: a hardened cop, a shy waiter, a selfish playboy, a masochistic soldier. But also in the sense that we fans build identities around them that don’t have much to do with the real person and their hopes and dreams. Fans connect through our shared love of these almost mythical, romanticized figures and that’s wonderful. 

END OF PART 3…

WELL THAT’S ALL FOLKS…..
THIS PART CONCLUDES THE INTERVIEW OF OUR BELOVED AUTHOR MIRABELLA…
(CLAPS HANDS)


INTERVIEWER'S VOTE OF THANKS:
HEY MIRA...
PLEASE ACCEPT MY HEARTFELT THANKS FOR GIVING ME YOUR VALUABLE TIME 
ANSWERING MY LONG BORING QUESTION PAPER …AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET TO KNOW THE MIND BEHIND THE STORIES AND LITTLE BIT OF INSIGHT TO THE BEAUTIFUL PERSON YOU ARE..…HOPE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE AND WE GET TO SEE YOU ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN CALLED SUCCESS... AND PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU FIND YOU’RE "YUNHO”.

A/N:readers please note that Mira's user name is changed from XXMIRABELLAXX to _MIRABELLA_.

please visit her account _MIRABELLA_ to read her stories.and dont forget to comment on "the water god".