Traitors

The King's Mistress

The King stood staring out the of the palace window into the courtyard below. He watched the procession of people filling into the great hall. Each member was lavishly dressed, an obvious display of status and wealth. There servants were dressed in plain white shifts that drew little attention to themselves.

The king herd the door to his chamber open as his royal advisor entered. "Sir we have the entire caravan and it's lead merchant here for your questioning" The king calmly asked "Kris please point out the merchant to me"

Kris walked to the window "The very finely dressed man riding his own horse there overseeing the procession. He was very fervent that some of his servents stay to watch the merchandise while we inspect it but I refused"

The king stared at the man while listening to Kris "What have you found so far?" "As you suspected my lord, weapons"

Kai nodded, "Kris who is that dressed in plainly in black riding on the back of his horse?"

"His wife my lord, she was getting dressed in his tent when we found their camp, he has yet to let her leave his side"

"Thank you Kris, I will be down momentarily" Kris bowed leaving the king to his thoughts "Interesting" He made his way down to the throne room were the trial was taking place. 

The royal throne room buzzed with excitement, as the king walked to his throne. All of his counsel had been brought cast judgement on the caravan. They were merchants accused of selling weapons to the rebellious traitors in the outlands.

The King sat upon his throne raising his hands clapping twice. The counselors went silent sitting in their places around the room. Once all had settled the King nodded at the guards, who opened the throne rooms doors. 

The people were shuffled into the room, with the leader and his wife brought to kneel before of the King. The leader was a fat older man, who was covered in many fine jewels and beautiful garments. 

His wife in comparison had little adornment, her cloths were fine but dark in coloring making her stand out in the lavish throne room, but in the streets she would have attracted no attention. A veil covered her face and hid her from all scrutiny. 

The king regarded the two with suspicion, why would a man who openly flaunted his wealth hide his wife behind cloth. 

The merchant spoke "My lord we do not understand why we have been brought here" The kings head counselor Kris spoke sharply interrupting the merchants excuses "Do not insult your kings intelligence by playing the fool! You are here because you were found hoarding weapons and heading in the direction of the outlands, were my kings traitorous Uncle has hidden himself"

The merchant did his best to look surprised, his words coming smoothly  "I had no knowledge of the traitors whereabouts, I assumed he had fled to a neighboring land" The counselor scoffed "Then please explain to us why you had so many swords and spears in your caravan, when you left our borders you told the guards you were selling spice"

The merchant smiled continuing to lie through his teeth "We are merchants my lord we supply the demand, with the rumors of war, many of your citizens wish to arm themselves"

The counselor raised his hand to strike the merchant when the king finally spoke "Kris" Kris's hand froze, the kings tone was firm but he did not shout; everyone could sense the power in his voice.

The king stood from his throne, and Kris bowed stepping back. The king stood in front of the merchant and his wife, "I would like to ask you about your wife"

For the first time the merchant appeared uncomfortable "What do you wish to know my lord?" The king moved to stand in front of the woman who despite being the subject of discussion continued to stare at the ground, kneeling before the king.

"Why do you have her covered like a leper" The merchant rubbed his hand uncomfortable, some counselors murmured at this change in conversation, but they knew better then to voice their doubts.

"Her skin is discolored, it embarrasses her to be seen in public!" The king addressed the woman this time ignoring the merchant "Stand"  The wife did not move, her husband grabbed her elbow pulling her to her feet. The king did not comment on this behavior his eyes still resting on the wife.

"Lady if you would be so kind as to remove your veil" The merchant stood frantically trying to pull his wife behind him but was restrained by the king's guard before he could do so "My lord please, I do not wish any embarrassment upon my wife"

"Do you mean that it is embarrassing for your king to look upon your wife?" The merchant was frantic now "No my king! I only meant my wife would be embarrassed to be examined in front of so many"

The king gently grasped the woman's veil "I apologize lady, I must know if your husband is a truthful man" The king pulled on the veil letting it slide to the floor. Instead of a woman, stood a young man. He was extremely beautiful but obviously a foreigner with his flawless pale skin and black hair.

A collective gasp echoed around the room, the counselors watched their king, while the merchant looked like he was about to faint. The king showed no emotion at this revelation.

He brought a finger to the young man's chin gently raising his face so that he could look him in the eyes. He had beautiful eyes; a light brown that shimmered with fear.

The king pulled his hand back, the boy lowering his eyes again, while the king turned his attention to the merchant "You have lied to your king"

The merchant's blood drained from his face, "My lord I can explain! This is my son he-" The King raised his hand for silence, the merchant immediately  went quite. "I will hear no more"

His voice now lower, softer speaking directly to the boy in an attempt to be comforting "Can you understand me?" There was no response from the boy "Naiintindihan mo ba ako? Verstehst du mich? Me comprenez-vous?

The boy suddenly looked up, a smile breaking out on his face, his eyes welling up with tears "Oui monsieur" The king nodded "Répondrez-vous à mes questions?" Tears continued to fall down the boys face "Oui monsieur"

The merchant looked close to blacking out, the guards were now holding him up as opposed to holding him back. "This man has proved himself a liar in front of the entire court, I will question this young man for answers. You and all your company will sit in prison until I come to a decision"

The merchant and his company were dragged from the room. With the merchant screaming back at the young man "Putain! Putain!" The king could see the young man flinch with every word. When it was once again quiet the king turned to his advisor Kris, " my counselors from the room I wish to be alone with the child" The counselors soon departed leaving the young boy along in the throne room with the King.

The king slowly circled the boy observing him from all sides, "Retirer"

 

 

 

Translation

Naiintindihan mo ba ako? = Do you understand me? Filipino

Verstehst du mich? = Do you understand me? German

Me comprenez-vous? = Do you understand me? French

Oui monsieur = Yes sir

Répondrez-vous à mes questions? = Will you answer my questions?

Putain! = !

Retirer = Remove

I hope you guys like it I will only use the real French when they are in front of other people when Kai and Kyungsoo talk in private it will

just be initialized. I hope you liked it please tell me what you think. Next chapter will reveal who Kyungsoo is and what Kai is going to do with him.

Please comment upvote and subscribe!