Forever In A Day: Start

Half Past Eleven [MINOR REVISIONS]

 

Brief background on this story that you probably don't care about but I still needed to rant/share. Please just skip:

This is what happens when someone else's overnight work is suddenly pushed on me. On top of that, I edited five freaking wedding videos all requesting for the song "Collide" to be used so that explains why the title is "Collide". I was also listening to Bobby's album in between renders so it's a factor. Somewhat.

 

So, yeah. JunDong with a wedding somewhere because work (plus side ChanHwan and DoubleB). There's probably a lot of errors here and messy construction since I typed this out in one sitting, so I apologize. Will most likely edit this after I'm done working. I just want some form of stress relief so I posted this right away.

I hope you guys will enjoy this though. ♥

EDIT: You guys legit cheered me up with your comments so I decided to rewrite most of this to give you a more complete version, in case I don't do a follow-up. Thanks everyone and hope you're all having a nice day! ♥

 


 

 

Donghyuk always look forward to weddings. Not only because the occasion always generates the most income and exposure for him as a photographer, but also because he likes the raw happiness he can bask in with all the people. He loves capturing those little but impactful moments such as the groom biting his lip to stop the tears of joy from falling, or the way the parents of the betrothed had their hands clasped tightly as they watched their son walk down the aisle.

 

And so, he clicks away from the corners of the pavilion, only approaching near when he needs a certain angle, making sure he isn’t disturbing the guests or is noticed by them. As per the instructions of one of the grooms, he also makes sure he captures a lot of the guests’ reactions. Kim Jinhwan, he finds out is a manager of a rising model and Jung Chanwoo is a producer for an online variety show. Yunhyeong told him the two would send a good impression if they include the VIP guests in their post-wedding memorabilia.

 

“It’s something of an industry tradition.” Yunhyeong had whispered to him an hour before he started shooting for the couple’s wedding preparation. “Make them as equal in importance as the couple. It’s why you’ll see a lot more pictures of work people in our wedding albums instead of our own relatives.”

 

That kinda , but Donghyuk isn’t in a position to pry. Speaking of Yunhyeong, he’s sitting at the second row, among the principal sponsors. Donghyuk already has two shots of him, but another angle wouldn’t hurt. He moves from where he’s photographing two teary-eyed women and finds a spot where the afternoon sunlight doesn’t meddle much on Yunhyeong’s face.

 

It’s not Yunhyeong who catches his attention though.

 

Sitting beside Yunhyeong is a tall guy. Dark hair slicked to the back with a few strands hanging down the sides of his face, a straight-line on his lips, and dark eyes trained and unwavering on the couple being wedded at the platform in front. He doesn’t know who the guy is but he won’t be surprised if he’s a model or an actor like some of the guests are.

 

He expertly tinkers on his Nikon, making sure his manual settings are perfect for the surroundings before taking point at the guy (and Yunhyeong) and clicking the shutter release. When he lowers the camera, he takes a glance at the photo he had taken, smiling in satisfaction with himself, before looking up.

 

The guy is looking back at him and he doesn’t look happy at what he did.

 

The stare being thrown at him makes Donghyuk nervous. He shifts his gaze a few times before making his way out of that corner. Okay, maybe he should have asked Yunhyeong about the people he should be careful of. What if that guy is actually a high executive of some sort and he doesn’t want to be photographed?

 

The start of a love song being played by the pianist takes him out of his thoughts. The couple is going to be declared as husbands now so he brings all his attention to it. Readying his camera once again, he maneuvers through the excited guests to take a photo of the newly-married couple’s first kiss.

 

 

---

 

 

“So Donghyuk, how’s your first Korean wedding after covering American ones?”

 

He looks up from his camera to see Yunhyeong holding a plate full of food from the buffet. He snickers and shifts to give his friend space from the small corner of the reception hall that he captured as his makeshift station.

 

“It’s lovely. American ones are more open about the celebrations, but I like how this one feels solemn.”

 

“I heard there’s even reception club partying there. Is it true?”

 

“Yeah. It depends on the couple.”

 

Yunhyeong offers him a forked piece of meat, so he opens his mouth and accepts it with a “thanks”, eyes still focused on reviewing his pictures. He stops at a particular one, taken during the ceremonies.

 

“Wow, that’s a really good photo of June. I look like a background person beside him.” Yunhyeong remarks with a playful grimace. Donghyuk blinks as his brain registers one thing.

 

“His name’s June?”

 

“Yeah?” Yunhyeong gives him a confused look for a few moments before realizing. “Ah right! Totally forgot you don’t know much about Korean celebrities. That guy is Koo Junhwe, or JU-NE, as he’s widely known. He’s the model Jinhwan-hyung manages.”

 

Donghyuk nods, not sure as to how he’s going to handle that information. He clicks next to his other photos and Yunhyeong watches with narrowing eyes.

 

“Wait, that’s your only close-up of June?”

 

The question makes him nervous again. “...why?”

 

Yunhyeong replies with his own nervous look. “Donghyuk, June is one of Jinhwan-hyung’s best friends. He’s friends with Chanwoo too. You got to have more of him there.”

 

“Oh. Oops.”

 

“No, it’s my fault I didn’t tell you. Jinhwan-hyung probably has enough photos of June lying around to stick in his wedding album anyway.”

 

“Regardless, I should have taken more.” Donghyuk sighs and stands up, fingers immediately setting his camera to capturing mode. “I could snap some of him secretly now.”

 

The other male raises an eyebrow at him. “Why secretly?”

 

“Because he doesn’t look okay being photographed.”

 

“What? Koo Junhwe? No way. He lives for the camera.” Yunhyeong laughs lightly then points at the small stage in front. “You’re getting your chance. Look, the speeches are starting and June’s one of the speakers.”

 

At that, Donghyuk is instantly in work-mode. He walks around the corners and settles near the front, quickly positioning in the right angles to take photos of newly-married Jinhwan and Chanwoo happily holding hands while listening to their closest people. When it’s finally model JU-NE’s turn, he tells himself to be more focused and watches him through the lenses of his camera.

 

He doesn’t listen much to what the guy is saying, busying himself in finding better angles and lighting, always adjusting his parameters. After taking three reaction shots of the couple, he gets back to Koo Junhwe again to take close-up solos of him.

 

He takes four. Two of which, he’s smiling towards the direction of the couple, and the other two when Jinhwan stood up to hug him. When he lowers his camera to quickly check on the photos, and look up to see if he could take some more, the model is staring at him. Again.

 

Donghyuk blinks. There’s that intimidating stare again. He decides to be polite and bow slightly towards him. The model frowns a bit and finally averts his dark eyes away, walking back to his seat as if he’s in an airport runway fashion show.

 

 

---

 

 

“Hey.”

 

Donghyuk should have expected this encounter sooner or later, given the amount of tensed eye contact he and the model had.

 

He discreetly clears his throat and stands up from his seat. A quick look around tells him no one seems to care that model JU-NE is talking to the wedding photographer. All are busy dancing or socializing.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I look at your pictures?”

 

Donghyuk tilts his head in question. “May I know the reason why?”

 

“Does it matter?”

 

No, not really. It’s not like the model is a stranger to the couple.

 

He nods and stretches his arm to give the guy more access. Koo Junhwe moves behind him, head leaning down to look as he lets him see each photo in 3-second intervals. Donghyuk tries hard not to be distracted by the perfume the model wears, as he focuses on how the guy nods more than a few times at many of his photos. Donghyuk wants to think he’s impressed.

 

Then they get to his own photos and Donghyuk literally felt the tension rise from Koo Junhwe.

 

“Wait. I want to look at my photos more. Zoom in to my face.”

 

Seems like Yunhyeong isn’t lying about the guy living for the camera. Is this the reason why he keeps on staring at him after he takes his photos? So he could ambush the photographer like this and make sure he turns out model-like in the picture itself? That doesn’t explain the irritated or unhappy glare thrown at him though.

 

Donghyuk still does as he was told, zooming in on JU-NE’s face just enough so he could see his full facial features. The model stares long and hard at each one before telling him to go to the next picture. Donghyuk’s beginning to think there’s something weird going on with the guy, until Junhwe sighs and steps back a bit.

 

Donghyuk decides that it’s indeed weird. He assumes the model’s already done checking so he closes his camera and thinks of another polite thing to say.

 

“Anything more I can do for you?”

 

“Do I look okay in those photos?” The other suddenly asks. Does he look ‘okay’? He’s a freaking model, of course he’ll look okay. Donghyuk resists the urge to raise an eyebrow and just blinks.

 

“There’s no doubt about that.”

 

Koo Junhwe stares at him again. “You obviously didn’t get what I meant.”

 

“Well, then please clarify.” This time, Donghyuk really raises his eyebrow. That action seems to make the model unsure, since he suddenly averts his eyes and shifts weight from one foot to another.

 

“Do I…” he coughs. “I don’t look…. sad or anything in the photos, right? Do I look happy?”

 

Donghyuk almost blurted “Yes” before stopping himself. He studies the model’s uncertain gestures and somehow, it clicks for Donghyuk - the reason why the model seems unhappy about being photographed.

 

“I think so, yes.” he hesitates for a moment. “No one would suspect a thing. A photographer like me didn’t even notice anything odd.”

 

That should be the end of it so Donghyuk gives the other male a reassuring smile. Koo Junhwe responds by staring at him again. A melancholic glint slips through his intimidating expression, but Donghyuk doesn’t mention it. Bowing once, he grabs hold of his camera once again and makes his way towards the crowd to see if he could take more photos of the partying guests.

 

 

---

 

 

This has to be the most bizarre wedding coverage experience Donghyuk has gotten so far.

 

The actual wedding celebrations had long finished already. The Jung couple had even given him a large amount of tip for his service, which they said was “fantastic”, and that they look forward to seeing the photos and the eventual wedding album they’ll receive.

 

Then the celebrity guests decided they had to do a post-wedding club partying around the nightlife district. It’s none of Donghyuk’s business, but Yunhyeong is a manager of one of the boy group members invited and he had to be there to keep an eye on his charge; which led Yunhyeong to dragging him along because apparently, he needs to see the difference between Korean and American nightlife.

 

Donghyuk only obliges because Yunhyeong is a dear friend and he owes him for the recommendation to the Jung couple. Then after small talks with other people and politely refusing some wedding guests who tried to flirt with him, Koo Junhwe appears in front of the small corner booth he’s sharing with Yunhyeong.

 

Their eyes meet before Donghyuk looks away a second after. Why is he crossing paths with the model again? Yunhyeong seems to be totally okay with it, judging by the grin on his face.

 

“June! Had enough turning down girls?” his manager friend teases, causing the model to roll his eyes. Yunhyeong moves to make space for him so Donghyuk adjusts too. He gulps to swallow some of his nervousness.

 

He can feel Koo Junhwe watching them for a moment before approaching his side, ignoring the space Yunhyeong made for him. Donghyuk barely blinks as the model sits on his right, their limbs sticking to each other due to the small space.

 

“I like this side better.” he says in finality. Donghyuk politely taps Yunhyeong’s thigh and they adjust again. The manager mouths a sheepish apology to him then leans to whisper.

 

“I hope you don’t mind, Donghyuk. June’s not really the social type when it comes to clubs. It’s worse when Jinhwan-hyung’s not with him.”

 

A snort from his right side. “I heard that.”

 

“And you’ll let it slide, because I’m your no.2 after Jinhwan-hyung.”

 

Another snort. Donghyuk expects a retort but the model doesn’t add anything and was only childishly pouting. It’s kind of cute so Donghyuk can’t help but laugh.

 

He stops a few seconds later when he realizes Koo Junhwe might find his laugh rude. Yunhyeong saves him by finally starting proper introductions, but the model cuts in.

 

“Yeah, I know him already. I asked Chanwoo a while ago.” Koo Junhwe spares him a glance. He doesn’t seem offended. “Kim Donghyuk right?”

 

“That’s correct.” he smiles in relief and offers his hand for a shake. “Nice to be acquainted with you, Koo Junhwe-ssi.”

 

The model nods then shakes his hand, commenting that calling him “June” is fine. Yunhyeong grins then raises his hand to call a waiter for light cocktails.

 

“What? I thought you can’t drink tonight?” Donghyuk quirks an eyebrow at the manager.

 

“Just a little wouldn’t hurt. Besides, it’s not often that I get to brag to June about a friend he doesn’t know yet.”

 

Donghyuk peeks at the model to see if he has something to say. June catches his eye, shrugs, and leans back on their seat so he’s more comfortable.

 

Yunhyeong’s “bragging” doesn’t go far beyond Donghyuk’s age and the fact that he was stationed in the U.S. for 2 years, before going back to Korea 3 weeks ago. A wedding guest comes by to tell Yunhyeong that his charge is starting to sway in drunkenness so the manager begrudgingly leaves the two of them there.

 

There’s an instant moment of silence now that a mutual friend’s gone.

 

“Wanna order another drink?” he asks just for the sake of it.

 

June looks at him, thinking, before moving to stand up.

 

“Sure, but not here. Let’s move to a calmer place.”

 

On the other hand, Donghyuk could just decline and call it a night. He has hundreds of photos to sort and a leftover batch to edit from last week’s engagement party.

 

“I know this place with really good flavored soju mixes.” June adds nonchalantly. From the way he’s looking intently at him though, Donghyuk knows it’s an attempt to convince.

 

The will to decline swiftly crumbles.

 

Fine, Donghyuk internally sighs. It’s not everyday that he gets to hang out with a celebrity outside of work so he should just take the chance. He nods and tells June to lead the way.


 

---


 

Koo Junhwe either doesn’t get to talk about his love life often, or he just likes to tell semi-strangers about it. Moments. Just moments after they took their seats at the bar and ordered drinks, June started talking about the wedding, the event itself, Chanwoo, and Jinhwan.

 

Jinhwan, who apparently is not only June’s manager-slash-bestfriend, but is also a person the model has been in love with for many years. Donghyuk had just assumed it from their very first conversation with the photos, so he feels better to hear it confirmed from the person himself.

 

The topic feels heavy though. And awkwardly intruding even though June opened it up.

 

“I thought I’m completely over it. When they told me they’re getting married, I was really happy.” June sighs and sips from his glass. “But that moment, when the doors opened and hyung starts walking down the aisle, I felt this… sadness. It hurt, you know? I felt like a ing hypocrite even though I genuinely want nothing but for them to be together forever.”

 

June laughs humorlessly and Donghyuk nods to let the other know that he’s listening. He swirls the ice in his glass and glances at the model in half-amusement and half-helplessness.

 

“Why are you telling me these things? I’m a stranger to you. I could sell this to the media, you know.”

 

Koo Junhwe just scoffs and quirks an eyebrow at him. “Anyone friends with Yunhyeong is guaranteed to be a good person, and the fact that you’re a stranger is the reason why I’m spilling out these things.”

 

Ah, so that was it. Donghyuk wishes he doesn’t understand the logic, but he does. Shrugging, he gulps down half of his drink and releases a breath.

 

“Then can I spill my own heartbreak story too? I don’t appreciate just being a wall to throw your broken pieces at.”

 

The model smirks at him amusingly. Donghyuk convinces himself it’s the alcohol that’s making him inwardly swoon over it.

 

“Go ahead. Throw as many pieces at me as you want.” June says, moving his stool chair a bit closer.

 

The heartbreak story didn’t start right away though. Donghyuk’s often teased for his tendency to ramble on different tangents before actually focusing on his main topic, so that’s exactly what happens. Couple that with the seemingly bottomless flavored soju shots, the ramblings transform into full blown stories.

 

He starts with that day when he and Hanbin-hyung moved to the countryside after their parents passed away. Then in between mentions of river swimming and ordering the more adventurous soju mixes, he gets to the point of talking about his other… important hyung. Kim Jiwon, or Bobby-hyung for his closest people.

 

“...and you know what he did? He dumped Hanbin-hyung’s sneakers into a bucket of baby pink paint.”

 

“Baby pink?!” Junhwe laughs out loud. “That must’ve been a shock for your brother.”

 

“Oh yeah, it was. Hanbin-hyung was furious.” Donghyuk chuckles and picks up a cherry from the fruit platter they're sharing. “But instead of fighting back, hyung took back his sneakers and spent the whole weekend designing it with the pink paint intact.” he swallows the cherry and grins. “It was awesome. Then he wore it when school starts and shows it to Bobby-hyung.”

 

“I feel like there’s a plot twist coming.” Junhwe snickers, sipping from his nth refill. Donghyuk sticks out his tongue.

 

“Okay, short version: Bobby-hyung ended up being impressed, and the two became best buds a month after that.”

 

Junhwe smirks as if he knew the ending before knowing all the details. “A nice story, that one. It’s similar to how I became friends with Jinhwan-hyung.”

 

The mention of the name sobers Donghyuk up a tiny bit. He wants to know the story yet he hesitates from asking Junhwe to tell. Jinhwan-hyung is still the model’s unrequited love who got married a few hours earlier after all. He doesn’t want to intrude too much.

 

But the small window of sobriety also allowed Donghyuk to notice the changes. They started this bar talk with a foot apart from each other, yet now their seats are pulled to be nearer, with their arms are practically glued. Junhwe is blowing on his ear randomly, and he takes revenge by dropping smashed fruit pieces on the model’s drink. Junhwe grimaces but still consumes the concoction.

 

Donghyuk ought to just stop with his tangents and get to his main point but he really wants to know more about June. He gulps, the closeness and familiarity giving him some sort of a push. Is June even aware of how close they’re being right now? The strangers-for-listeners thing they’re doing is already thrown out the window.

 

“Care to share?” he finally asks.

 

Junhwe stares at him almost similarly to the way he did during the wedding - intimidating. Then the expression in his eyes soften, enough for Donghyuk to see the melancholic hint in there, before it’s gone again.

 

“Only if you’re comfortable.” he immediately adds. , he feels awkward now. He needs another soju shot.

 

June scoffs. “I am comfortable. Isn’t it obvious?” He nudges him on the shoulder. “And sure, I’ll tell you how fourth grade king Koo Junhwe managed to get sixth grader Jinhwan as a best friend.”

 

Donghyuk really needs that soju shot because Junhwe confirmed he’s aware and he’s alright with it. Plus that amused smirk he’s showing once again.


 

---


 

Donghyuk finally swerves back to his main topic after June’s done talking about Jinhwan’s role in his career as a model. He comments that he used to be on the path of being an architect once until Bobby-hyung convinced him to just follow his dream of being a photographer. June seems to get the hint.

 

“Is this Bobby person involved in your heartbreak story?” the model asks, voice a little bit softer.

 

“Yeah.” Donghyuk smiles, raises his glass to take another shot of the mixed soju, then begins throwing his broken pieces at his heartbreak comrade.

 

He includes side stories, of course. He wants June to understand so he relates everything from the time in high school when he realized he’s attracted to Bobby-hyung, to that night when he saw Bobby-hyung’s hidden notebook of love song lyrics where everything eerily pertains to Hanbin-hyung.

 

Of course, that leads to the part when he finds out Hanbin-hyung’s in love with Bobby-hyung as well. That his older brother knows his feelings are requited, but won’t do anything because Donghyuk had feelings for Bobby.

 

“Damn, man.” June shakes his head at him after he’s done. The model even gulps down his full drink in emphasis. “That’s complicated.”

 

Donghyuk snickers, sticking his tongue out when June quickly grabs a strawberry juice chaser. “It sure is complicated. I told Hanbin-hyung many, many times that I’m alright. That I want him and Bobby-hyung to be together, but he won’t have it. ‘Not when my baby brother’s hurting’, he said.”

 

He snorts and grabs Junhwe’s standby bottle to refill his own glass. The model doesn’t seem to mind. “Who is he to decide that I’m hurting and prevent himself from getting happiness? It’s not like he can order Bobby-hyung to love me back.”

 

“But are you still hurting?”

 

“Why does that matter? He should focus on his and Bobby-hyung’s relationship.”

 

He drinks away his frustration, blinking out his tipsiness to no avail. He nudges June at his shoulder. “You’re pretty lucky. Your couple’s married now so all you need to worry about is yourself.”

 

“Not really.” June nudges him back. He just snorts.

 

“Unlike you, I still got two idiots who thinks playing star-crossed lovers is going to make me happy.”

 

“Then why not get one for yourself?” June looks at him, redness settling on his cheeks and ears due to the alcohol. “A man, I mean. Show them you got one and tell them in their faces to get married already. That should do the trick.”

 

If Donghyuk is sober, he would have dismissed the idea with a frown and quickly call for a taxi to send the other person home. But he’s drunk so he laughs and rests his head on the model’s shoulder. He feels June wrap an arm around him but he isn’t sure if it’s just his head playing tricks.

 

“Awesome. I wish I can easily do the first step. Get a man.” he giggles and turns to look up at June. Blinking out the illusion of June’s steadfast gaze at him, he grins.

 

“Do you think I can get one?”

 

 

---


 

It’s hot and Donghyuk can barely breathe, but Junhwe’s hands are warm on his skin underneath his shirt, and his tongue dancing with his is making him see stars around.

 

He’s not sure how they got to this point. Is it the soju mixes? The sharing they did? June’s smirks and cute smiles? Did June see something in him?

 

He’s dizzy and drunk, and Junhwe climbs over him after he tripped back-first to the bed. Donghyuk tries to recall the things that he should be doing but he can’t focus. What are those things again? He knows he did a wedding coverage hours earlier. Shouldn’t he be sorting photos now?

 

Jumbled thoughts of the other things are blasted out of his mind when he registers the cold air-conditioning air hitting his chest. Seems like his button-down has been tugged off, with June latching his hot mouth on his again. He hears himself moan, June gently biting his lip in response, before he pulls away in a breath to kiss his neck.

 

Down June’s lips go as his hand travels down to grab his thigh. From his jawline to his chest, the model presses kiss after kiss, and nibbling and probably leaving some marks.

 

The slight pain awakes his senses a bit, enough for him to remember the last clear conversation he had with the other.

 

“Is this you showing me how to get a man?” he asks, chuckling humorlessly a second after.

 

June pauses on his kisses to look at him. Donghyuk blinks more to get more focus, noting that the model still looks drunk. However, his words seems to knock some kind of sense into him as well.

 

But June just leans down again, kissing him in a way that’s drastically different from the alcohol-induced lip-locks they shared since entering the model’s condo. It’s the kind of kiss that sends butterflies down Donghyuk’s stomach and adds a whole galaxy to the stars he saw earlier.

 

“No. This is you actually getting one.” The model whispers after the kiss, eyes staring straight at his and completely bare, so he sees the melancholy and everything else.

 

“Why? You don’t want me?” June asks, voice slightly shaking.

 

Donghyuk does. No, he doesn’t. He’s not sure. He’s sure. Why is his thoughts so conflicted?

 

But if he sets those thoughts aside, he realizes his heartbeats have never danced so much, his flesh has never felt so alive with someone, and there isn’t an underlying sense of dread.

 

Donghyuk decides to trust those. He does want Koo June, at that very moment, so he lifts his arms to wrap them around June’s neck and pull him down for another kiss. When he feels the model smile into the kiss, Donghyuk knows he had decided correctly.

 

 

---

 

 

He has a big headache when he wakes up, which only worsens when he sees the (y) back of a raven-haired guy beside him.

 

“Oh God…” he bites his lip and plasters both hands on his face, taking a breath before letting out “.”

 

Judging from the soreness he feels and the slight pain on his waist and spine, something happened. This is not part of his wedding coverage plans. Rather, hooking up isn’t a part of any of his plans at all. On top of that, the other person is a celebrity and a close friend of a client. This freaking situation calls for trouble.

 

His heart is fluttering though, and he freaking feels giddy. The butterflies in his stomach are back at it again.

 

“It’s just a drunken hook-up.” Donghyuk whispers in an attempt to comfort himself and to get a grip on reality. “Just a one-night-stand. All you have to do is get out and both of you will pretend nothing happened.”

 

“That’s harsh.”

 

He yelps in surprise and lowers his hands to see June moving to face him. The model even manages to yawn and rub his eyes as if everything is normal for him.

 

“Good morning, babe.”

 

“Please don’t call me babe.” Donghyuk frowns in embarrassment. “Do you even remember my name?”

 

June laughs then proceeds to recite as if he’s been given an easy quiz.

 

“You’re Kim Donghyuk. 26-years-old. Photographer.” the model grins amusedly while Donghyuk feels even more embarrassed. “Satisfied? I can recap you on your complicated love situation with your older brother, Hanbin-hyung, and your first love, Bobby-hyung.”

 

“I know that all too well already, so no thanks.” Donghyuk sighs in exasperation. He moves to sit up, wincing and glaring at June when he mutters a cheeky “sorry”.

 

“Just to clarify, I remember most of your confessions last night too.”

 

“That’s fine. We can talk about them all over again, if you want.”

 

Donghyuk shakes his head at that. He moves again to get out of the bed, but Junhwe grabs his arm and pulls him back to the sheets. A gasp is muffled from Donghyuk’s lips when the model kisses him, which in turn causes him to panic in reflex.

 

He breaks off the contact and glares. “What was that for?”

 

“Cuddling.”

 

“Cuddling…?” Donghyuk blinks then blushes.
 

“Yes. I think. I don’t know.”

 

He glares again. “Be serious.”

 

June chuckles in wonder. “I’m serious. I’m not sure why I’m like this. I usually feel like whenever I hooked-up with someone but strangely, I don’t feel like that right now.”

 

There’s a pause and dark eyes narrowing in seriousness. “I don’t feel like with you.”

 

A deeper, feverish blush instantly spreads on Donghyuk’s cheeks.

 

He tenses up, struggling to come up with a retort, when a ringtone cuts through the tensed silence of the room. Donghyuk recognizes the ringtone as his so he turns around, quickly locating his phone at the bed stand. He groans while he sits up to take it, then groans again when Hanbin-hyung’s name greets him on the screen.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Donghyuk!! Where are you?” His hyung’s voice is so loud, he had to pull the phone away. “Why aren’t you in your apartment? You said you’ll go straight home after the wedding!”

 

Donghyuk winces. Damn, he forgot he’s supposed to have breakfast with Hanbin-hyung. He quickly thinks of an excuse, preparing himself to answer, when the male beside him grabs the phone.

 

He can only look on in shock as June answers his older brother.

 

“Good morning, hyungnim. This is Koo Junhwe, one of the wedding guests. Please don’t worry because Donghyuk is safe with me. I’ll personally drive him home after breakfast.”

 

“What?! Who the hell--Koo Junhwe?! Where’s Donghyuk--”

 

Said person grabs back his phone then quickly assures his older brother with a hurried goodbye. Donghyuk takes one deep breath before giving the model the deepest glare he could muster. Much to his annoyance, June still appears to be amused.

“You better have a very good explanation for that because if not, I’m legitimately going to your manager to ask for compensation for damages.”

 

That fazes the model a bit. He sighs then props up one arm to rest his chin on his hand.

 

“You need a man right? To convince your brother and Bobby that you’re really fine with the two of them being together?”

 

Donghyuk thinks for a moment. “And that man is supposed to be you?”

 

“I hope so.”

 

He blushes again. “We barely know each other. Scratch that, it’s not even a full day since we first met.”

 

“Yet we already spilled our secrets and pasts to each other. That’s already more than the basics.” June gives him a look that says he should agree with him. “The easy ones that shouldn’t matter much, we’ll just find out along the way.”

 

… Alright, Donghyuk can agree to that.

 

“And what do you gain from this?”

 

“A relationship, of course. If it’s going to be short or long-term, we’ll know in the future.”

 

“So you’re not planning to use me to get over Jinhwan-hyung?”

 

“I am going to use you. How else do I truly move on?” June chuckles. When he doesn’t say anything, the model purses his lips and sits up as well.

 

An apologetic smile is shown to him. “Okay, the word choice isn’t right. What I meant is I want to try with you. It’s not going to be hook-ups and showing off.”

 

A hook-up already happened, though; Donghyuk inwardly notes in amusement. He asks himself if he wants to argue with June more but the desire to do so is not enough to actually do it. Not when the model looks sincere enough with his words.

 

He thinks more instead, pulling out a final question. “...Why me?”

 

June blinks at his question as if he didn’t expect that. The reaction compels Donghyuk to feel nervous, especially when June narrows his eyes.

 

“I don’t like that question. It’s as if you’re saying you’re not worth it.”

 

That takes Donghyuk aback. “It’s not--! I’m just… I just want to understand why you want to try with me, ignoring my issues with my hyungs.”

 

He tries to maintain a serious look but fails when the model lifts a hand to run his fingers through his messy hair strands. He stiffens, noting that June’s fingers are gentle as he tucks some strands on his ear. The action is very affectionate and Donghyuk can’t resist another blush, his heart beating two times faster. He’s not used to a loving treatment after a one night stand.

 

He gulps. “J-June?”

 

“I just told you minutes ago. This is the first time I don’t feel like after spending a night with someone. I didn’t even feel this comfortable with my exes.” June’s expression softens as he moves his hand to gently brush his thumb over his bottom lip. “But with you… I don’t know what it is about you that’s making me feel this way, but I want to find out. Properly.”

 

The model smiles, both helplessly and pleadingly. “You’re like my best shot.”

 

Donghyuk is instantly silent, unsure of what to say. He agrees, though. June feels the same for him too: his best shot, but he also has a habit of maintaining a small sense of doubt to keep himself grounded. So he nurses it instead and entertains the idea that maybe, no matter how ridiculous it is, June is just joking or is just doing lip service.

 

He tells himself the doubt is justified because everything feels too good to be true. It’s not even a full 24 hours since they first met and yet here they are, talking about trying to seriously move on with each other as if they’re in love.

 

… Are they?

 

It’ll be too much for him to think about that as well, so Donghyuk pushes that question down for the meantime. He remembers a slightly hazy memory of June asking him last night if he wants him, and Donghyuk had decided that yes, he did want him.

He asks himself that question again. This time, also asking for his own reasons. He stares at June, analysing, and the model teasingly scoots closer to give him a better view of his face.

 

“Hundreds of girls and guys fall for this face and body, you know.”

 

Donghyuk rolls his eyes at that while June only grins. Then Donghyuk catches something in the model’s eyes. Amidst the playfulness in there, he sees the same melancholic hint from yesterday. Instantly, he loses all will to argue with himself as he realizes something. Yes, he’s highly attracted to June’s outward appearance, enough for him to hope for more than just a one-time tryst, but that isn’t what Donghyuk wants, in the first place.

 

And he rarely gets that kind of desire. This is only the 2nd time. The first being...

 

“You’re weird in all sense of the word. And you’re crazy for asking a semi-stranger to date you seriously.” he blurts in defeat, diving back to the sheets and hiding his face on the soft pillow. He can feel warmth growing again all the way to his ears. “That’s a horrible combination. Weird and crazy.”

 

“To be fair, you’re weird and crazy too.” June replies, also laying down again. “But you’re also cute. Cute and hot. That's a very agreeable combination.”

 

Donghyuk feels the model’s fingers brushing his hair again so he peeks at him from the pillow. He can see the amused smirk forming on June’s lips, so he grunts and moves to fully face him, scolding himself for melting at that freaking smirk.

 

“Thank you, but you know what? It’s weirder and crazier how I’m actually saying yes, that I’m signing myself up for a chaotic life of being a popular model’s boyfriend.”

 

“The weirdest and craziest thing is how I’m going to make sure it won’t be a chaotic life.”

 

Junhwe grins widely and pulls him closer to press his lips gently on his. Donghyuk sighs and lets himself sink into it, kissing Junhwe back before pulling away for air.

 

“You’re signing up for Hanbin-hyung and Bobby-hyung’s scrutiny though. They won’t take kindly to a boyfriend I know for barely a day.”

 

June shrugs. “Eh. I can manage.”

 

“Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.” he teases and sits up again. “But before anything else, can we get breakfast now? I’m hungry.”

 

“Of course we can, sweetheart. I’ll get you anything you want.”

 

Donghyuk snorts at the cheesiness, throwing a pillow at June when he leaves the bed to order take-out. He sighs and rolls on his back, rubbing his face with his hands and summarizing everything in his head.

 

He got to cover his first wedding after landing in Korea, met a model and found out they have the same unrequited love histories, and became said model’s boyfriend after sleeping with him once. All of it, in a span of less than 24 hours.

 

It sounds shady and risky when he puts it like that, but Donghyuk strangely doesn’t feel scared. In fact, he feels like he’ll be starting a new adventure. It is, for the lack of better terms, weird and crazy.

 

“Donghyuk, is Gamja-tang alright with you?” June asks as he appears from the kitchen, phone pressed on his ear.

 

He nods with a grin and moves out of the bed as well. “Yes! Do you like coffee? I’ll make it for you.”

 

And exciting. Weird and crazy, plus exciting. Donghyuk likes the sound of that. He’ll take June’s wide smile as an agreement.

 

.

.

.

 

 


 

I may or may not do a follow-up on this. I ended up being fond of this stress-relief piece after all lol.

Still depends on my mood though. :)

EDIT: High possibility of a follow-up because I got work-related vengeance. But no promises :)