02

Hard To Do
    It was late by the time Chanyeol stirred awake. Face plastered to the floor, sticky from previous tears, and the drool that trailed from the corner of his mouth. With a groan, he peeled himself from the dark hardwood, head pounding and chest heavy. Chanyeol stood, knees shaking despite their strength.
    "Baekkie?" He waited for an answer, but all that came was silence. New tears pricked at his eyes as his teeth dug into his bottom lip. How could they fall apart so early in their marriage? When did he become so much like his father? Wiping his face, Chanyeol sighed moving his sore body towards the kitchen, careful to avoid The broken pieces of glass scattered across th floor. Flashes from the night before littered his vision with every blink. Why did he have to be so stupid. He knew what would happen if he ever started drinking and going out to every party he was invited to. With a sullen gaze, Chanyeol stared at the broken endtable sitting in the middle of there kitchen floor.
    'I did this...' Taking slow steps he went to the disfigured piece of funiture 'This is all my fault.' He stood there for what seemed like hours just staring at the table, that HE broke. A crash of thunder pulled him out of his trance, and with a hand through his hair he pulled himself together as much as he could, and began picking up the mess he made.
    
    With a heavy sigh Chanyeol sat at the kitchen table, bottle of water sitting in front of him. He's showered, changed his clothes, but didn't bother to fix his hair or try to cover up how red his eyes and nose were. With one last look at the wedding picture of him and Baekhyun hanging on the wall he started.
    " It's... it's been a while since I've had to make one of these. I guess you could say i'm a little rusty." He gave a humorless type snort, looking down at his folded hands on the table. "Uhm... I messed up, real bad, and... I don't know if i'm going to be able to fix this one." Pausing he gave an exasperated breath, running a hand through his still damp hair, roughly. "Okay let's just start, I am a raging alcoholic with a temper, I go out to ever party I am invited to, and I just get so trashed that when I come home I fight, and.... and emotionally abuse my husband." tears start to brim Chanyeol's eyes as he continues.
    "I came home after a party last night- well early this morning, and found my best friend in bed with my husband.... our bed." He sniffled, more and more water building up in his eyes. "I kicked Jongin out, waited for Baekhyun to get dressed, and we just tore into each other, like animals." Streams now came freely as his words began to break and fade. "I pushed him away, I pushed Baekhyun to this, and I hate myself for it." With a shaky hand he wiped his nose on his sleeve, taking a drink of his water before continuing. "So," A long pause filled the air, another look to Baekhyun's picture. "Earlier today, after I uh cleaned, I called Junmyeon, if you don't know, he was my therapist after I moved out from my dad's and in with Baekhyun's family. They know him, but uhm..." A quick glance to his hands then back up.
    "I will be going back to see him, as well as going to a group counseling for alcoholics when I am not working, and I have taken more hours at the café, since it is mine, maybe I should be there more anyways." Taking another gulp from his water bottle, he rubbed his hand over his face before reaching forward to turn the camera off but stopped, looking into the lense. "I love you Park Baekhyun." 
 
CLICK.