The Real Deal

Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Real Deal

 


“No matter how, from now on you have to be with me.”

 

Lee Jonghyun

 

 

 

It was already 9.42 am when Lee Jonghyun entered the spacious American kitchen, taking in the delicious smell of pancakes and freshly brewed coffee that had been lingering around his new two story house.

 

Leaving the army after completing the mandatory service appeared like heaven to most Korean men up to their early thirties. However, Jonghyun considered himself even luckier as he was tenderly looking at the delicate backside of a young woman who was skilfully flipping another pancake high above the kitchen block just then before turning off the stove for good. She was seemingly wearing nothing but one of his famous white shirts and although it was long enough to compare to a dress on her it didn’t fail to indulge him with a pleasant glimpse of two long, nicely shaped legs.

 

Jonghyun couldn’t supress one of his dashing dimple smiles as he unnoticeably sneaked right behind the one woman who had been his muse for the past five years like a ninja. He overheard her humming My Miracle, one of his very own compositions and a meaningful song to both of them, as she decorated the pancake plate with syrup and fruits. Once the timing seemed fit, he carefully wrapped his strong arms around her waist, pulling her closer against his bare chest. The infatuating scent of her long, still slightly wet hair decoyed him to leave a quick peck on the top of her head. Nonchalantly ignoring the cute sound of surprise that escaped her sweet mouth, he naturally picked up the lyrics where she had left off.

 

"I long to be close to you. I’ll be on your side forevermore. You are a miracle to me, let me tell you this. I cannot explain how much I love you."

 

“Oppa, did you sleep well?” Seungyeon eventually greeted him, slowly getting over her initial shock. She allowed herself to comfortably lean against his well-trained after army body a little more.

 

“Mhmmm.” He murmured with closed yes, placing his head on her shoulder to perfectly complete their entwined position. “I am very proud of you for receiving the Best Actress award last night. However, I still can’t believe my beautiful leading lady was also in for that stupid Best Couple award. Seriously, the audience must have been blind. How come they thought you and that jerk had some kind of chemistry? You didn’t look good together at all!”

 

 

Jonghyun made a face as if he had bitten into a bitter lemon when he remembered the announcement, the memory still being vivid in the back of his head.

 

“Oppa!” Seungyeon gasped, slightly taken aback by his reaction. Could it be he was still upset about it? He shouldn’t be though, after all it was only a job. She tried to slip out of his back hug to get a better sight of his face but instead he only deepened his embrace.

 

“You should know that there is only one man you truly look great with.” Jonghyun exclaimed close to her ear; his warm breath was sending a tingling sensation down her spine. He sounded a bit more y than dangerous and the fact that he was only wearing a long pair of flannel pants didn’t really help to clear her mind.   

 

Good thing was though that Seungyeon turned out to be an award-winning actress after all. If she wasn’t able to pull off a sovereign image herself she could at least try to convincingly fake one.  

 

“That might be true for Gong Seungyeon but apparently my character Hwang Seonah was a match made in heaven with that jerk you grew so fond of while you were completing your mandatory service. Actually, I wonder if you broke any TV screens there.” Seungyeon unexpectedly teased back, reminding him of his jealousy tantrum some months in the past. Catching him off guard she used the moment to quickly dive out of his arms and face him.

 

“But regarding the two of you, Hwang Seonah and I both have to agree that you were definitely the more impressive one.” She added with a bold smile. “I thought you were gonna shake the poor guy out of his jacket when you surprisingly came to pick me up at the drama after party. I know now why your Dongsaengs always feel like another ice age is about to break loose whenever you say follow me to them.”

 

She pretended to be shivering like they were in the middle of a mountain in the Alps, teasing him a little more.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter