Chapter 5

Destress

The next morning, Lori awoke to the feel of warm arms around her. She smiled. It had been too long since she last had that feeling. She turned over to look at the man to whom the arms belonged. He had a look of content on his face. His chest rose and fell with each breath. His lips were parted to allow soft snores to escape. She was a lucky woman. Her husband was not only good-looking, but kind-hearted too. She scooted closer into his embrace. The action caused him to stir. His snoring stopped and he blinked his eyes before letting out a yawn. His eyes met her’s and he tugged her closer.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked.

“Ne, I haven't slept that well in a while.” Lori snuggled even closer. She loved being in their little cocoon.

“To be honest, I haven’t slept that well during the last two weeks either. During the Europe tour, I probably got no more than five hours of sleep per night.”

“Chincha!? That much? Let's trade. You can be an architect and I'll go on a tour with B.A.P. I can do your parts well!” Lori sat up and began belting Himchan’s part of the lyrics to “Excuse Me.” “Let’s gettin high, we should fly to the sky high, you better go now, get back….”

Himchan interrupted by tugging her back down next to him. “Love, if you really care about my fans, you wouldn’t assault their ears like that.” 

Lori flicked him in the head. “What are you talking about? I don’t care about what they think. I’d only be doing it for the 5hrs of sleep a night. Besides, I’m a pretty good singer.”

“Maybe with the help of auto-tune you would be,” Himchan countered.

Lori made a face and hit her husband with a pillow. She then got out of bed.

“Where are you going?” Himchan questioned. 

“I’m going to shower. Why?”

Himchan jumped up and ran to the bathroom before she could reach it. He made sure to close the door and lock it.

Lori blew out a sigh of frustration and pounded on the door.

“Yah pabo, why would you do that!? You knew I wanted to shower first! How inconsiderate of you to go in before me! Get out of the bathroom!” 

“Relax. I’ll be out in a few minutes love.”

Lori heard the sound of rushing water. She could tell it wasn’t coming from the overhead shower spout.

“Seriously!? You’re going to take a bath?” Lori used her shoulder to push against the door. Of course, it wouldn’t budge. “Yah! Get out! I got up first, so I should be first.”

“Love, go sit down and watch tv or something. I’ll be out.”

Lori gave one last pound before resolving to sit on the bed and wait. She couldn’t believe her husband could be so rude. 

Within five minutes, Himchan stepped out of the bathroom and pulled the door closed behind him. 

“Why are you being so mean to me? I took good care of our kids and the house while you were away. And you repay me by stealing my chance to shower first!? That’s low Kim Himchan, very low. And wipe that stupid smirk off your face.”

Himchan’s smile only grew broader. He moved towards Lori and took her hand in his. “Ani, I don’t repay you by stealing your chance to shower.” Himchan led her to the bathroom door. “I am repaying you by spoiling you.” He opened the door and revealed a bubbly bath filled with Lori’s favorite bath salts. Two candles on the shelves were lit and they emitted a light sweet aroma. Next to the tub, on the wall hooks, were two fluffy purple towels that awaited her once her bath was over. 

Lori was taken aback and thankful all at the same time. “Awww, you ran a bath for me? You’re so sweet, Channie. I’m such a lucky woman.” She turned towards him and gave him a bear hug.

He patted her back. “And to think you were calling me a pabo just a few minutes ago.” Himchan shook his head. “I’ll be back. In the meantime, you can get undressed and start your bath.”

Himchan closed the door behind him and went to his studio. Lori followed his instructions and was shoulder-deep in warm bubbles by the time her husband came back. When the door opened. she looked up to see him holding a guitar. “Omo, you’re going to play for me? Wow! It’s been so long since you played your guitar for me.”

Himchan chuckled. “I know. I figured it’d be a good idea if you had live music while you soaked. Let’s see if I’m still good at it.”

Minus a couple mistakes, he was still really good. Lori watched him with adoring eyes. The last time he played for her was when he proposed. It had been eight years since then. 

Himchan strummed the last few chords and ended the song. Lori smiled and clapped. “Yayyy!!! Awesome job honey!” She blew him kisses and clapped more.

Himchan caught each kiss and brought them to his mouth before his lips. Lori found it amusing.

He set the guitar aside and began rubbing his hands together. “So, how about a massage? I know you love when I go to work on your strained muscles.” He wiggled his fingers to emphasize his point.

Lori turned to lean against the back of the tub and gave a sigh. “I would love one.”

Himchan rolled up his pants and sat behind her. He worked on the knots in her shoulders. One-by-one he worked them out. Lori felt herself getting drowsy from his soothing touch. Her shoulders relaxed more with every knead. Himchan noticed her head begin to sway, so he dropped a kiss on each shoulder before moving from behind her. He exited the bathroom and gave her time to wash, rinse, and dry herself off. 

He was sitting on the bed when she stepped into the bedroom with a towel around her and the ends of her hair dripping wet. He looked up and let out an inaudible gasp. He was awestruck. He truly had the most beautiful wife. She had beautiful long legs that were sculpted to perfection. Her rounded hips smoothed into her thin waist that lost the pudge she once had after giving birth to Ji-woon. Above her waist was her lovely grapefruit-sized chest. She had small, soft shoulders and the neck of a ballerina. Her gorgeous face, framed by her bob, could make any man lose his speech. He stood up and felt his legs move towards her of their own volition. 

Lori looked up and noticed her husband walking towards her in a daze. She leaned her head to the side out of confusion before smiling with realization. He wanted her. The bath and massage had drained her of the bad mood and given her more energy. She felt a strong desire to be coy with him.

“See something you like,” she asked as she used her other towel to dry her hair. She turned away from him to face the mirror. She accentuated her curves by extending her arms to dry off the top of her hair. Not much water had gotten up there, but Himchan needn’t know that. She just wanted to . 

“Yes, I see something I like very much.” He was behind her now; his hands went to hold her hips. He was surprised when she stepped out of his reach. He retracted and began to scratch his head. 

She went to her nightstand and opened the drawer to pull out a bottle of her sweet smelling lotion. She knew it to be Himchan’s favorite scent. She sat on her side of the bed, poured some of the lotion into her hand, and stretched out her leg to rub it in. Out of her periphery, she could see him advancing towards her. Lori knew that he loved her legs. 

“Love, let me help you.”

“Thanks Channie, but I can do it.”

“I know, but you’ve had such a busy two weeks. Your hands are probably tired. Here, I’ll do it.” Himchan reached for the bottle, but Lori pulled it away. 

“Silly Channie, you worked hard too. With all that singing and dancing, especially the One Shot push up dance, I’m sure you’re hands are even more tired. It’s okay, I’ll do it.”

“No, no. Really. I can do it.” He made a swipe at the bottle.

Lori quickly switched it from one hand to the other. She had to stifle her laughter. He was beginning to look frustrated. 

Himchan dropped to his knees beside her. Lori really wanted to laugh now. Was he really going to beg her to allow him to help with rubbing the lotion in?

Himchan reached for Lori’s foot and started tickling her. Out of surprise, Lori dropped the bottle and released a round of giggles and gasps. Himchan took the opportunity to grab the abandoned bottle. He stood up and went to sit on the bed. 

“That wasn’t fair. You know I’m ticklish. You cheated.” Lori pouted.

Himchan stuck out his tongue. “You were playing hard to get. I had to take drastic measures.”

Lori laughed and allowed Himchan to rub the lotion on to her other leg. He did her arms and neck before moving towards her back. 

His face split into a sly smirk. “Love, you’re going to have to lower that towel for me to get to your back.”

Lori also smirked. “Channie, if I remove this towel, we both know what’s going to happen.”

Himchan bit his bottom lip, wriggled his eyebrows, and nodded eagerly. 

Lori shook her head. “What about the kids, they should be up soon if they’re not already awake. I don’t want them to hear us.”

“Super husband to the rescue. I sent them to my parent’s house for the day. I planned to pamper you today and take you out on a date. I showered earlier, so that we could leave as soon as you took your bath.”

Lori smiled broadly. “Oh Channie, that’s so sweet. I’m so excited! I’ll go get dressed.”

Lori swung her legs over the bed to get up, but immediately felt herself being pulled back down. She landed on the mattress with a grunt.

“Channie, don’t you want to get going?”

“My dear love, we’re in an entire house alone. No kids and no work. You’re also wearing nothing but that cute purple towel. Believe me, going out can wait. Let me help you to relax more.” Himchan began trailing kisses from her face to her neck. 

Lori laughed and scooted closer into her husband’s embrace. She was definitely going to enjoy being alone with Himchan.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

An hour and a half later Lori and Himchan went out to breakfast. It was a comfortable restaurant with a fireplace and booths made to look like couches. It had a very homey feel to it. Lori hadn’t eaten last night and all the exercise she got from earlier that morning with Himchan made her really hungry. She made sure to order a lot, especially since her husband was treating.

Later, they visited the aquarium and took hilarious pictures. They took even funnier pictures when they went rollerblading. Lori had to admit, her husband was excellent on a pair of wheels. They shared ice cream, went to the beach and ended things with takeout and a comedy movie at home. 

It was 9:00pm when Lori heard the doorbell ring. She was about to get it, but Himchan went to get it instead. When he returned, he was carrying Ji-woon while April and Dong-chan sped past him to their mother. After a beautiful day alone with her husband, Lori was happy to see her kids. They hopped on the couch next to her and hugged her tightly. Himchan came and sat down as well before handing Ji-woon to her. Lori kissed his chin where the stitches were and hugged him to her. 

“Did you have fun?” Dong-chan asked.

“What did you and Daddy do?” April added.

“Mommy fun?” Ji-woon piped in.

Lori laughed and nodded her head. “Yes! Mommy had lots of fun. Today, Daddy helped Mommy to destress.”

April screwed up her face in confusion. “What’s that?” she questioned.

“It’s when Mommy gets to play after long weeks of work.”

The kids’ eyes lit up and they ooed. “Next time you’re sad, we’ll help you destress,” Dong-chan stated.

“Yeah, cus we’d like to play too.” April added.

“Mommy better?” Ji-woon asked.

Lori nodded and smiled. “Yes! Mommy’s much better!”

****************************************************