Chapter 02 - Reliquias

Viveret

“Omma!!!”, he can only watch his mother being murdered by his alcoholic father helplessly without being able to get up due to the stab wound on his side paralyzing him. He’s stunned then a sudden blinding rage gave him an adrenaline rush and grabbed the guns nearby that were lost amidst their fight earlier on and he shot his father multiple times in the head.”

 

Bobby jolted awake drenched with sweats, his hair plastered to his forehead and his breathing labored. It’s that same dream again that had been haunting his nights for few years now. If he’s lucky enough, in a week he would get 2 days of sleepless nights but since when was luck ever on his side? He already got used to the daily nightmares of that dreadful night that changed his life forever.

 

The pounding in his head brought him back to reality and once again he’s shocked to find that he’s not back in his dark, messy and small room in his house. Instead, the walls that are staring back at him are light grey in color, the smell of anesthetics lightly lingering in the room with tall metal cabinets off to his right side and a trolley filled with small tools to perform medical operations.

 

The coldness that he can feel makes him realized he’s shirtless. He inspects the bandage that covers his stomach area noticing the small amount of dried blood present. His other small wounds littering his arms seem to heal just fine. He lifts the blanket to see that he’s still wearing the same jeans from yesterday. Thankfully. He wouldn’t want to be stripped by strangers when he was out cold.

 

He gingerly steps on the cold tiles before trying to stand but the sudden pain from the wound left him groaning in pain on the floor in seconds hitting the trolley sending the small tools scattered on the floor.

-------------------------

All that she touches in that darkness are the slimy walls around her, making her feel more enclosed in that space as if the walls are closing on her, caging her in. She screams loudly for help but no one seems to be able to hear her.

 

“Wake up Ara, wake up, you’re just dreaming.” Jaejoong roughly shook her shoulders before she fully wakes up. She has a hard time to breathe; it felt like she was running a marathon. It’s the same nightmare again. One which she hasn’t had for a long time. She just remembered that the exhaustion made her forgot to take her sleeping pills last night. She noticed Jaejoong had been observing her carefully as if she would break down any moment. She smiles politely at him to let him know she’s fine.

 

“You don’t have to worry, I’m fine now. It was just a nightmare.”

 

Jaejoong simply shook his head, letting her get away this time around. He’s highly curious but he knows he won’t be getting any answer from her even if he asks. He needs to get closer to her before he would be able to help her. He remembered how she used to be as a child when he just started working at the hospital right after completing his studies. She was the perfect children any parents could ever ask for. Beautiful, sweet and smart, it was bordering genius. But after that incident, he hadn’t been able to meet her at all and only heard that she was sent to boarding school in Japan.

 

She grew up beautifully but those eyes don’t hold the same warmth they used to have when he first saw her again at the funeral. He knew the funeral affected her more than she would admit but he can sense that something else must have happened that changed her to be too rigid and stiff. It makes him feel like being with a humanoid. She would only speaks what’s necessary, not letting her emotions shown much and the way she carries herself with air of indifference like nothing matters anymore much really concerns him.

 

“Would you like to have breakfast with me before you go? You need to attend the board meeting today right? I heard to discuss about the inheritance and your role in the company. I’m sorry I came in without your permission but I saw you tossing around mumbling incoherent words and I got worried,” Jaejoong carefully explains, watching her reactions intently.

 

Ara glances at the watch by the bedside internally relief to see that it’s only 8 am in the morning which means she still have 3 hours to get ready before attending the board meeting. Just great.

 

“Thanks for your offer but I really need to get going. I still have to go back to get ready. I didn’t bring all the necessary documents with me. I will send you back the clothes after I wash them.” She said while trying to tame her unruly bed hair with hairband. Internally groaning that Jaejoong had seen her in such state. Such an embarrassing way to start her day.

 

“Just keep them, I don’t mind.” Jaejoong said before going out of the room, giving her some privacy. Right afterwards she trails behind him coming out of the room all ready to go. Ara only gave a polite bow and apology for leaving the injured guy in Jaejoong’s care with a reminder to let her know if there are any updates before leaving.

 

As soon as Ara’s out of the door, Jaejoong was shocked by the rattling sound of metal on floor coming from his medical room. He hurriedly rushes in the room only to find his patient groaning in pain on the floor.

 

“Why are you even out of bed in this state?” Jaejoong almost shrieks at his patient. He immediately helps to get him back on the bed before inspecting his stomach to see if the wounds reopen. Of course it did. He frustratedly groans before reopening the bandage, grimacing at the wounds.

 

“I need to get out of here, they’re looking for me,” Bobby manages to say while wincing at the pain. He looks at Jaejoong trying to remember if he was the one who helped him the night before. He can’t seem to remember anything from yesterday afternoon when she saved him. His widen slightly remembering that it was a beautiful girl who saved him.

 

“The only thing I allow you to do as of now is just to lie on this bed,” Jaejoong sternly says holding both of Bobby’s shoulder slowly forcing him to lie on his back.

 

“Why can’t you understand how dangerous this situation is right now?” Bobby sighs staring at the white ceiling, letting Jaejoong cleans the blood coming out and inserting anesthetics nearby the wound before starts to stitch it again.

 

“You don’t even know me, why would you endanger yourself to help a stranger,” he whispers to himself. Jaejoong heard him clearly but choose to ignore him. Bobby lifts his head slightly, carefully watches Jaejoong in action, fascinated. He had never had chance to witness such act in his entire life.

 

Usually his wounds are smaller and can easily be glued, he finds it a hassle and waste of money to keep repeatedly goes to hospital for wounds that he already got constantly so he never did. From how professional Jaejoong is, Bobby is definitely sure that he’s a doctor.

 

“Where’s the girl that saved me yesterday? I owe her an apology,” Bobby questions again. This time around, it earns him a stern glare that shuts him up immediately.

 

Jaejoong then proceeds to bandage him again. This time around making sure it’s not too tight in case it would tear up the stitches. Looking at his patient, he realizes he needs to get to know him before taking any further actions.

 

“I’m Dr. Kim Jaejoong and before I start explaining things to you, I would like to know your name and what happened prior.”

 

“I go by the name Bobby. Look, thank you for your help and all. I definitely appreciate it but what happened is none of your business and I would like to keep it that way. Just give me back my shirt and I will be on my way. Let me know how much your service cost and I will pay you back soon,” Bobby coldly replies and tries to get up once again before Jaejoong glares at him and push him back on the bed.

 

“I don’t care what your excuse is; I’m not going to let you out of this room. Yes, your business not mine. In fact if not because of Ara, you would have been long dead with the amount of blood you loss,” Jaejoong hisses right in his face.

 

That really make Bobby snapped. His whole posture becomes rigid and his eyes harden before saying, “Maybe she should have let me die then.”

 

Jaejoong simply takes a step back slightly stunned. Maybe he overreacted. He calms himself, not letting his emotions shown before casually uttering, “You’re my responsibility now and I will not disappoint her no matter what you say.”

 

He opens the cabinet taking out a small bottle and a pill. Putting both in Bobby’s left hand. “Just take this; the painkiller should help lessen your pain. I will check up on you in few hours.” He simply left right away not giving chance for Bobby to protest, locking the door from outside as he closes them.

 

Damn it! I should have just knocked him unconscious. There goes my escape plan.’ Bobby groans irritably when he hears the door being locked from outside. Now he doesn’t have a choice other than to swallow the damn pill and rest. Not that he has anything else to do in this medical room. His eyes sweeps through the room before he lets out a frustrated groan and shields his eyes using his right arm, letting sleep consumes him once again.

-------------------------

Jaejoong immediately get to his home office trying to get some background information on Bobby because from the look of it, he won’t be spilling the details anytime soon.

 

It has been a long time since he was given this person’s contact information by Yang Hyunsuk himself. Said person is the one who’s supposed to be responsible for Ara in case something happens to Yang Hyunsuk.

 

Rummaging through his older folders in his laptop, he finally got the mysterious person’s contact number with his picture attached. Even though Jaejoong has never met this person, he knows Yang Hyunsuk wouldn’t give such responsibility if this person is not the best for the task. He is curious about this person’s relationship with Yang Hyunsuk but that can be sorted later. For now, he’s going to need his help to protect Ara from possible threat.

 

“Hello?” Jaejoong manages to connect in just 3 rings thankfully.

 

“Who is this? How do you have my number?” His deep and husky voice seems to show displeasure and distrust towards Jaejoong which makes Jaejoong feels like rolling his eyes.

 

“I’m Dr. Kim, Mr. Yang Hyunsuk’s private doctor. I’m sure you knew about the funeral so let me be honest with you. I need your help to find out some background info on a guy that Ara rescued yesterday right after the funeral,” Jaejoong prays that this guy would be willing to help because he doesn’t know anyone else who would be able to help him. He might be Yang Hyunsuk’s private doctor but he never dwells in his dark world. He would only attend to Yang Hyunsuk’s needs and anyone related to him who seeks his help.

 

“Why would Ara risks endangering herself like that? I knew I should have followed her yesterday,” he seems to frustratedly mumble to himself. Jaejoong stays silent since he doesn’t know this stranger to react accordingly.

 

“Let me know his name and give a brief description. I’m sure someone would have heard about him but I can’t promise you anything,” he apprehensively said. Jaejoong can hear the frustration clears in his voice. This definitely helps him relax, knowing that this person cares about Ara as much as he does.

 

“His name is Bobby but I’m pretty sure that’s not his real name. Pretty muscular but lean, around 180 cm tall, short black hair, small deep brown eyes, slightly rectangular chiseled face with a defined and sturdy jaw line.” Jaejoong tries to remember his features. He regrets not noticing any other details that can aid this person to find info on Bobby.

 

“Hmmm, is there anything else that stands out about him? What you gave are general descriptions of teenager nowadays,” he frustratedly enquires.

 

“He looks like a normal teenager, what else can I say about him?” Jaejoong is getting frustrated too with the minimal info that he can gather. “Wait. There’s a wolf’s head tattoo on his right upper arm.” Jaejoong’s eyes widen as he remembered it from the night before during the small operation they did. Another thing that he realized, Bobby has lots of scars scattered on his body, sometime overlapping one another. He wants to share that info but not knowing whether those are recent or older scars, he decides to keep that detail to himself for now.

 

“I guess that should help. Not many tattoo parlor in this area offers that design. I will contact you once I find any lead on him.

 

“Please don’t hesitate to call me once you get any info on him. I still don’t know whether I can allow Ara to be near him. Thank you Mr…? Jaejoong requests and realized that he still doesn’t know his name. There isn’t much that he can do now for Ara anyways.

 

“Just make sure she doesn’t spend time alone with him. You don’t need to know my name, just know that you can count on me when it comes to Ara.”

 

 

 

 

 


I'm so sorry for the late update. Been busy with assignments and exams T_T plus...writer's block.....gosh I really respect those writers out there T___T how you type out thousand of words easily OTL Let's get back to the story, new character's introduction =DDD Hahaha I think it's pretty obvious isn't it? ;D I hope the story progress is not too slow? I want to make the story develop steadily ==' I try my best to make it as descriptive as possible but not sure if I'm doing it right :/ do let me know your opinions on this chapter ^^ as always,do be brutally honest =D I love constructive feedbacks ;D