The day before

#Kaistal

Joonmyeon sees Yixing the next day when he wakes up to the smell of what the hosts calls "a 100% chinese breakfast, like the ones they give in fancy hotels". Joonmyeon nods. 

When he goes to the kitchen theres Yixings mother cooking for them and even if he is not really awake he can see that Yixing is going out of his way to please him. It makes him feel guilty, maybe he shouldve...befriend Yixing before, Jongdae told him. 

He sits and eats, smiles, tries to be polite to the mother. He doesnt really know why he feels so uncomfortable,maybe is the culture ,maybe he is just awkward , maybe Minseok is right and he...hates Yixing? Ugh, this Kais fault.

------------------

Mother Zhang leaves near lunch time so that Yixing can take Joonmyeon somewhere to eat. Joonmyeon is silent most of the time, worrying about the fans and the paparazzi (that are not there), his "friend" notices.

"Dont worry leader, theres nobody here. I know this places...its just regular people",he explains and Joonmyeon relaxes against the car window.

-----------------------

The Guardian and The Healer, can anyone else see the irony here? The truth is that they were supose to be the leaders, thats the point of their names. Fans kind of figure but they dont know anything that happend behind close doors. They dont know that even if Joonmyeon had known of the existence of Yixing they havent met until six month before debut. Before that he was just some guy at the back of the dance room, the one that stayed afterwards, the one that was scolded by Luhan hyung because of that. He never really paid a mind to him, he looked independent enough, he wasnt younger than him, he didnt even spoke the same language as him. That was a great excuse for him. But for some reason that wasnt excuse to befriend sweet/clingy Zitao, nor to hear gentle/kind Luhan hyung, not even to have a good relationship with Yifan...because eve if now theres a lot of bad blood, they had a good relationship. 

Any of this was the case with Yixing. He didnt know anything about him, except that he didnt tolerate heat very well and that he worked hard at Exo and with his music.The real Yixing, no. If in like one year from now someone would ask him who Yixing is or was, he wont be able to answer. The bad thing is that he doesnt want to know, is upseting because he wants to be a good leader (still) and Yixing is still part of this band. 

However he cant bring himself to say anything until the car stops and he just reacts to Yixings comands.

"Its on the second floor", he fallows him.

--------------------------

All is great, the food, the talking, the drinks and the people. 

"So...leader...do you want to talk about it?", Joonmyeon is somewhat surprise.

"What is there to talk about?...Mistakes? Bad choices?"

"What bad choices?"

"Mines...", he drinks his tea.

"Do you regret letting her go?", actually she let him go, he just easily said yes, no questions were asked. They were kids back then, especially her.

"I think...I shouldve fight a little more. Or at least ask...I dont know", Yixing nods. "Did you ever have to let go of someone you loved?"

"Yes, twice"

"Dont make a third. If you did it for this life, now you know is not worth it", Yixing nods again.

"The first time it was for this dream, yes. The second....I wasnt wanted".

"Like me", Joonmyeon laugh bitterly.

"You are a great person. All the kids love you... you will find somebody leader"

"Dont call me that", he makes a gesture with his hands as if bating away the word. "Hyung is fine", Yixing smiles.

"Can I ask you something hyung?", he becomes a little shy.

"Go ahead"

"Do you think it was my fault that Taozi left?", he is not in the mood for this talk.

"No. I dont really know what happend. Its your thing. Is all ok now. I talk to him everyday", he smiles because he wants to avoid the subject. He doesnt want to say whats really on his mind.

"I feel like....sometimes I feel like it was. Like I shouldve talk for the both of us, or for M...", Joonmyeon nods as an authomatic response that he didnt mean.

"I dont know if that wouldve work...", what wouldve work is that you wouldve stop working for yourself. Thats what Joonmyeon wants to say. 

"You think that what I did was selfish?", yes.

"Yixing,you are a grown man, you know what you want and what to do", Joonmyeon sounds pissed now, he really doesnt want to talk about this.

"I had a good reason to stay. I promise", what?

"I didnt mean to say that you didnt have to stay"

"I know but I also know that you, like others in the band, wouldve rather it be me and not Tao...I promise that..."

"Dont", Joonmyeon cuts him off because he is about to snap. "Dont, you dont have to promise me anything. Whatever choices you make for your career are for your own good. And just so that you know, I wouldve rather that nobody leaves", he sighs. "Can we go out? the day is beautifull", he stands up and reaches for his wallet and the exit.

-----------------------

"Thats my favourite restaurant. i go there everytme I feel down or to find inspiration", Yixing comments as they walk to a park where he dove them to be able to enjoy the day. "I think I found most of my songs there", is really annoying to listen to him talking about his art and his music and his life and....yeah...Minseok. "My songs had been about the same person for a long time", really who cares. 

"Oh our Yixings got a giiirl...friend", he teases. "Dont let anybody know", he smiles.

"Dont worry, this person doesnt know...maybe will never. I...wont tell them...", he gets suddenly nervous and Joonmyeon doesnt understands. What time is it?

"We should go for a drink! Ill pay. Hyung will pay!", Joonmyeon anounces. Yixing knows what he wants and takes him to some small bar, dark and teens free.

--------------------------

Joonmyeon is strecht out on Yixings passenger car sit, drunk out of his mind. 

"Hyung, you shouldnt..."

"Is love Xing ah....hyung is stupid and in loveeee....but nobody choses hyung Xing ah", this is pathetic, Yixing rolls his eyes. 

"I chose you", he murmurs.

"What?"

"I said, I chose you"

"You are a good vriend"

"A good friend", Yixing corrects. "I dont wanna be your friend"

"You hate me too?"

"No, I love you. For a long time. I have 50/50 percent deal with SM, they take 50 percent of my work and I take the other 50 with which I pay my plain tickets and my team"

"Sounds like you are losing. You should quit your job", God he is so drunk.

"If I quit my job Im gonna lose you too. I want to stay close to you"

"Such a good vriend", Yixing rolls his eyes.

----------------------

Finally Yixing carries Joonmyeon up to his apartment. 

Its very clear that the leader is drunk out of his mind, he is even drooling over Yixings jean jacket. He is sniffing Yixings neck and it makes him cringe over and over until they reach the bedroom. 

When Yixing sits him on bed Joonmyeon sudenly sounds very sober.

"I chose you too", he says serious. Yixing stops untying his friends shoes.

"You need to sleep", he stands up and wouldve left if it wasnt for Joonmyeons hand thats holding him back.

"I mean it", he says again. Yixing hates himself for starting to believe it.

And then he does it, he kisses him, in a kiss thats been waiting for to long and Joonmyeon kisses him back all closed eyes and soft moans.

---------------------------

"Wow, you could be a writer", Baekhyun says mesmerized by Jongdaes story-telling habilities.

"I know..Now shut up I havent finished"

"Wait", Sehun says. "Did they told you about the moans? Gross", Jongdae rolls his eyes.

"Shut up and let him finish!", Luhan robotic voice comes from the computer.

"Ehm...ok. So they kiss..."

----------------------------

And Yixing cant believe this is happening, how is this happening? How come suddenly Joonmyeon went from drunk to sober, from hate him to love him, to actually make love to him.

"Wait", really now.

"Yes ge?"

"I dont apreciate to be portrait as a...whimp"

"Shut up Yixing...thats what youve always been!", Luhan screams from the speakers again. "Youve like Joonmyeon since 2000!", he is not helping.

It doesnt matter because he gets a kiss on the cheeck from Joonmyeon who is amuse and listening to the story as if it wasnt his. Yixing smiles, only they know the truth.

Jongdae goes on....