Kai

TaeKai drabbles

Prompt: You think I’m a celebrity and you’re talking too much for me to explain I am definitely not… that dude. What was his name again?

 

Kai.

I honestly don’t have the least idea of who that dude can be. But apparently this guy who ran across the street, screaming and with phone in hand towards me is in love with that guy.

And apparently I look a lot like him.

I’m sure I’m just staring at him with a blank expression because this guy won’t even shut up enough for me to explain that I’m not him.

“You’re like the sweetest guy ever” he says looking straight at my eyes with a big smile.

“Wait I-” I try to speak but he interrupts me again.

“And you have the best smirk in the world” he says, blushing a little.

“I’m not-” I try again; and fail again.

“And wow, you’re an amazing dancer, you’re honestly my inspiration to dance” he says, sighing.

That caught me off guard and I take a step back. My eyes go from his’ to his caramel hair, to his thin lips formed in a big smile, to his thin body, to his hands that are clutching the telephone way too hard. He’s probably really excited and nervous from talking to his favorite celebrity.

Except I’m not him.

My eyes go back to his’ and I realize he finally stopped talking so maybe I can finally explain.

“That’s… that’s really sweet but… but I’m not that dude” I say apologetically, scratching the back of my head. I see his face turn from excited to confuse.

“I… I don’t understand” he says tilting his head to the side.

“I’m not… what was his name again?” I ask as I look to my side trying to remember the name of the celebrity he confused me for.

“Kai?” he asks, still hopeful I’m just kidding or something.

“Yeah, him, my name’s Jongin” I say, shrugging my shoulder.

He turns all shades of red.

“Oh my… I-I am sooo sorry!” he says as he bows a few times. “You really look like him I… I’m… I’m sorry”

“It’s fine, don’t worry” I say with an encouraging smile. He stares at me with wide eyes.

“You sure you’re not him? You’re not like Hannah Montana or something and live a double life?” he says seriously, staring directly at my face.

“Yes I’m sure” I answer as serious as I can.

“100%?” he asks with a playful smile.

I laugh.

“Yes 100%” I answer brightly.

“Well… would you… would you like to go for a coffee or something? I feel bad for mistaking you and then talking nonstop” he says looking down at the floor in embarrassment.

“Yeah, that sounds good” I answer simply.

He looks up to me and smiles happily.

“My name is Taemin” he says as he starts leading the way.

“Nice meeting you, I’m Kai; I mean… Jongin” I say teasingly.

He stops and punches me in the arm.