Phone call

TaeKai drabbles

Fifteen minutes had passed since the notice was posted. I locked myself in my room and tried to ignore my member’s commotion outside. I took my phone. Was it better to call him myself? Or do I wait for him to call me?

I decided on the later.

I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, trying to have a little peace before everything explodes.

And then I received that call.

 

“I’m sorry babe” what else can I say? This wasn’t my idea and I was very much against it, but SME thought it was the best solution. I only heard a small sob as a response. “You know I only did this to protect us… to protect you”

A choked sob was my answer.

“Taemin… Tae, it’s… it’s just another photoshoot babe” I try to comfort him as best as I could but even I was so against all this.

 

“You do look like a nice couple…” he says, trying his best to control his sobs “you even match and all”
 

“It’s all just pretend” I say exhausted.

 

“SME is confirming it…” he says with a scoff.

 

“I don’t care what SME does and neither should you” I say sighing “you know I only love you”

 

“I know!” he says exasperated “And I love you too, and, and this isn’t fair! Because my name should be on that headline not hers… and when people will see pictures of us they’ll just think we’re just friends but when they’ll see pictures of you and her they’ll think you are something more, and they’ve got it all wrong!”

 

“Tae…” it breaks my heart to hear him like this and know there’s nothing I can do.

 

SME was contacted before and were told they’ve got pictures of me and Taemin on a date. And then they decided that it was better to stage one with Krystal; that way my pictures with Taemin would only look like we’re just hanging out as friends.

“I don’t want to see her holding your hand” he says tiredly, his sobs dying down.

 

“She is just a friend” I try to reassure him.

 

“That’s not what the article says” he replies bitterly.

 

“Taemin” I say warningly.

 

“Sorry… I love you”

 

“I love you too”

 

-beep-