I need your love

Time or Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica comes from a broken family; her Dad ran away with another woman when she was merely two years old. Now, she’s already 13. Since then, her Mother, Taeyeon, has always been devoting time into her work instead of spending time with Jessica. However, Jessica on the other hand, was very sensible, three times as sensible as people her age in fact. But one day, she did something her Mother never expected her to do.

 

//

 

“Jessica, is your Mother attending the show? It’s been two weeks since I’ve asked you and you’ve not yet given me a reply. You’re the main character, but there are many others fighting for this ticket, I’ll give you a day more to ask your Mother.” Miss Tiffany Hwang, the teacher-in-charge of the performance sighed. Jessica’s Mother, Taeyeon is a business woman, she rarely sees her Mother in fact, probably only an hour a day. She only sees her Mother’s shadow leaving her room at night and in the morning, her Mother has already left for work. The only type of communication they use is by pasting notes on the fridge to each other.

 

Jessica really wanted her Mother to witness the moment she is performing on stage. Taeyeon already missed her daughter’s first day in elementary school, her elementary school’s graduation, first day in middle school, her middle school’s graduation so on and so forth. But then, she remembered the conversation she had with her Mother a long long time ago.

 

//

 

Flashback

 

            Jessica: An electric field is a region in which an electic… an electric… urm…

Taeyeon: AN ELECTRIC FIELD IS A REGION IN WHICH AN ELECTRIC CHARGE      EXPERIENCES AND ELECTRIC FORCE. JESSICA, COULD YOU BE SMARTER? DO YOU KNOW HOW PRECIOUS MY TIME IS, I EARN 500,000 W0NS AN HOUR? DO YOU KNOW I’M WASTING MY TIME TO TEACH YOU THESE BASIC STUFFS?

Jessica: I’m…I’m really sorry Mom… I’ll try harder. I promise. Please just don’t give up on me, please Mom. I love you so much.

Taeyeon: CHRIST, I NEED A BREAK.

 

Just like that, Taeyeon stomped out of Jessica’s room and slammed the door hardly, leaving a crying Jessica in the room. It’s not that Jessica does not study though, she works hard, very hard. She spends most of the time studying, and she never once blamed her Mother for not spending quality time with her. She just wanted a little of her attention…

 

//

            “Right, if I manage to earn 500,000 wons, I could buy an hour of Mom’s time!” Jessica thought in her mind, But the real problem is, how will she raise the sum of money in a day? Just then, she saw the stall hawker at her school’s cafeteria leaving a lump of notes on the table and walked into the kitchen. Jessica thought of something, it was definitely not something good. She knew what was the consequences if she was caught. But for her Mother’s time, she did it. She walked stealthily to the table, she took the lump of notes and shove it into her back pocket and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter