Lipstick

You are the sun of my night

 

 

Sometimes, like a ghost from the old time, I can still feel that weird sensation on my lips.

"You know we are impossible right?"

You told me while we cuddled on your bed. I pretended I was sleeping so I wouldn't have to listen to it anymore.

"You know I want us to be possible right?"

My heart clenched at your words. Why did you have to say somethings like that when we were already at our last night?

"I never in my life know that one day I would have to surrender my one and only true love."

Then don't leave! I wanted to cry out loud those words but I knew I couldn't, I knew it would be selfish to want to keep you for myself. You will never be mine!

"Kiss me, one last time before you leave, please!"

I can't resist you, your voice always has the ability to lure me into doing whatever you want and I have no will to resist it. So be it, our last kiss.

Sometimes, like a ghost from the old time, the feeling of your sweet lips still lingers, the taste of your favorite cherry lipstick has implant my mind since that day.

"Dude, it's time!"

I look up at my members, they're ready! Yet am I ready too?

We step on our stage, it's so dark, it's pitch black minus a few noctilucent stickers on the floor to mark our stage locations.

I watch my band mates, one by one go on stage, except me. Well, I love to have a surprised attack for our fans. The music start and I heard Amber's sweet voice ring through the audience for the chorus of our first song of the show. I grin, counting three two one and...

BAM!!!

I jump like a rocket from the secret hole at the center of the stage. With the electric guitar, I trap all my fans in our endless melody and my husky voice.

"That's one hell of a show!"

"You ROCK!!!"

"Congratulation!"

More and more compliments are thrown at our way. It's really not a surprised, at least, not to me, I know full well how awesome us band is, it's just there's always an empty hole that keep digging deeper and deeper each times.

I stare longingly at the night sky of Seoul, one of our stops in our world tour. Our last night, it's already three years since.

"I miss you..."

I whisper, feeling the ghost of your lipstick once again brushes against mine.

"I miss you too, baby."

"Why are you here?"

I wonder out loud, staring at you who's standing next to me, in my hotel room, vividly. 

"Am I not allowed?"

Your smile wipes away all my doubts and questions, leaving me under your gaze and our hot breaths mingle.

"Why are you here?"

I ask again and you turn to me with a sad smile. The same smile you had given me three years ago.

"Will you fade away? Or will you stay with me forever?"

I tug a stray hair behind your ear, feeling the warmness when our skin touch.

"Baby, may you sing a song for me?"

You suddenly ask but I don't mind. All questions aside is what I need right now and you know me full well to give me a reason to stop thinking for a while, to fully dive into the feeling of having you in my arms again.

I sing to you a lullaby, the one and only lullaby I have ever written, for you, the girl who can't sleep anymore. Yes, the you who had suffered from insomnia syndrome.

"Do you know three years ago, I finally can sleep, thanks to your lullaby."

You slowly close your eyes, your voice becomes lighter.

"I'm happy to know, baby."

I can feel the warmness in my eyes, tears begin to spill out no matter how hard I keep them in.

"One of my most peaceful sleep."

You smile, try to open your eyes before slumber consumes you whole.

"I love you, Jiyoonie, never forget, you're my one and only love!"

"I love you too, Soonkyu!"

Your smile is so tender and full of love and when you kiss me, I can taste the cherry blossom flavor on my lips again.

"Goodbye, my love, my Jiyoonie."

And when I open my eyes, it's already morning. The bright sun is shining brightly outside and I leave my bed to open the curtain wide, letting all the sunny ray light up my hotel room.

"Hey Yoon! You're awake?"

It's Amber.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

I throw my simple outfit on and walk out of my room, greeting all of my bandmates outside.

"Let's have breakfast before heading to the airport!"

"Okay, where you guys want to eat?"

And so on we discuss all the things we would eat while we leave our hotel.

But sometimes, like a ghost of the old time, I can't still taste the sweet cherry lipstick on my lips and your voice so close in my ears.

 

(End.)