You're Kidding Me

You're Kidding Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

You were lying down on your bed, lonely, once again. Mark would usually be with you around this time of day; even if you never said anything, you noticed some things, though they were very subtle. The smell of foreign perfume on his body, his meaningless "babe"s and "I love you"s, and his quick leavings to go outside for "practice" or "hanging out with the members". Tears brimmed at your eyes as everything began to add up, and the thoughts of him with another woman stabbed your heart. You never wanted to accuse Mark of such a thing, but your once loving, caring, sweet boyfriend had become a little distant and suspicous lately. You let it go the first few times, trying to understand that he needed to relax and couldn't always be with you. But this has been going on for several months, and you could barely handle the loneliness any longer. You missed his warmth on your bed, his sweet neck kisses, the honey-glazed morning voice that you usually woke up to, and most of all, him just spending time with you. You quickly wiped the tears a swipe of your finger, before deciding to text him; you were going to see what he was up to this time. You were going to see if his response would somehow confirm or support your suspicions.

"Mark~"

You held your phone above you, back flat against the mattress. It took him about two minutes to respond.

"Yeah?"

"Not bad of a response time..." you thought.

"When are you coming back home?"

"I'm on my way, babe. Don't worry about it. :)"

Your stomach filled with butterflies as soon as the word babe appeared on your screen; even though it was only a text, you still loved it when he called you that. 

"Ok, stay safe~"

Satisfied, you set your phone down on the table next to you, patiently waiting for him to come to you.

~

Your eyes opened as you heard the front door open, a smile instantly appearing on your face as you jumped up and ran towards the source of the opening. Practically jumping into his arms, he chuckled and you laughed. You relaxed as you felt his muscular arms wrapped around you and his scent enveloped around you. You looked up at him to see his small smile, before following him to the kitchen where he set down his things, asking him casual questions such as "So how was practice?" and whatnot. As he answered all your questions, you gave him something to eat. He basically inhaled the food, and when he finished, you were happy to do the dishes for him. "You must be tired~ Go to the bedroom, I'll catch up in a few minutes." is what you said, stopping him before he could roll up his sleeves and wash it himself. As you grabbed the sponge and the sink, Mark went to the bedroom, his frown going unnoticed.

Joining him in the bedroom, you noticed he was in the bathroom, showering. You sat on the bed, bored, until you heard a ding go off; you looked over to where both of your phones rested, and his phone's screen lit up to show a text. As soon as your gaze rested on it and took in the message that popped up, your blood began to boil. You bit your lip as you took his phone and read the previous notifications, tears beginning to pool in your eyes.

"Oppa, do you really have to skip tonight?"

"I miss you though~ Come over, please?"

"Come on... I'm wearing your favourite tonight... ;)"

Disgusted, you slammed his phone on the table in anger. You couldn't believe him. What was the reason for him to go to another girl? Were you not good enough? Did you do something wrong to make him upset? You felt your heart break again, and silent tears began to stream down your face. You just couldn't understand why he would do such a thing. Your self-degrading thoughts were cut off as he opened the bathroom door, returning to you. His calm expression changed to a shocked one as he saw you crying, instantly going to you, settling himself on the bed. He tried to reah out to you, but you grabbed his wrists, pushing them away from you.

"Don't ing touch me." you spat.

"Y/N..." a confused look spread onto his face.

"Don't ing say my name either, Mark Tuan." you tried to make yourself sound firm, but instead it cracked.

"What's wrong? Why are you mad?" he tried to touch you again, attempting to wipe your tears.

"I said don't touch me!" you yelled, standing up, grabbing his phone. "If you really are confused on what I'm upset about, then let me ask; what the hell is this?" you turned it on so that the lockscreen showed the notifications before throwing it on the bed.

"Who said you could look at my phone?" his voice hardened.

"Are you kidding me? Who said you could go on and cheat on me?!" 

He stayed silent, but his hands clenched into fists repeatedly.

"Exactly. Instead of talking things out and telling me what's wrong, or even just breaking up with me, you go behind my ing back with another woman." you croaked out. "Don't think I didn't notice until now. I smell that damn perfume, and I'm sure as hell it isn't mine. You've spent so much less time with me; you went 'to hangout your members'." 

His gaze was glued to the floor, still silent. For a moment, you stayed quiet, too, your chest heaving from your anger. 

"How would you feel if I went cheating on you with Jackson? Or Jaebum? Or Youngjae?" you didn't yell this time, but it was still firm.

He finally looked up to meet your eyes.

"Don't act like you haven't flirted with them before! I was right in front of you, too!"

"Flirting? Like what? They're just friends! Don't you even dare try to justify your actions." 

"Friends don't kiss each other, do they? Especially on the lips..."

"ing hell, Mark. You know damn well it wasn't kiss! It was the angle where you were standing that made it seem that way." you rolled your eyes. "Even if we did kiss, do I text him suggestive things? I don't. I never cheated on you; I noticed many things, but I always kept faith in you." you swallowed, your eyes now down, looking at the floor. "Was cheating the solution for your jealousy?"

"I-"

"Save it, and get out. Take all your things, and get out of my house." 

Please log in to read the full chapter