Chapter 1

It Takes Two // 그 두 가 지 를 한 다
"Oh goodness, Tiffany Hwang is nearly 38 but she sings, dance and looks 20-ish?! When will she get a boyfriend and start up a family??" Squeals and spazzing can be heard through the entire class. Its the time of the year when Tiffany Hwang makes her comeback on Music Bank and crazy fans including Eun Sang's classmates goes around screaming hysterically and flailing their arms about the queens return. Eun Sang sat at the corner of the classroom, patiently waiting for her teacher's arrival for amidst her hyperactive classmates. She wish to just stand up confidently, claiming that the legendary woman was her mother but no, she can't. She would if she wants to ruin her mother's career.
The teenager sat quietly before the next line from the video stream caught her attention. "I would be holding a press conference this coming Friday to address some issues, I hope for an open heart and for fans to continue to support me." Eun Sang froze slightly, could it be about her boyfriend, her career, her family? Possible options sprung through her head as she thought deeply about the issue. Since she was a baby, Si Won told her about her mother. He found that there is nothing wrong hiding about her birth mother's issue. He wanted her to know the truth because she is her mother and she have the rights to know too. But little does she know that a grand event is waiting for her. 
---
 
Holding onto a white envelope with a law firm's stamp, Si Won sighed. "Why on earth would she want custody of Eun Sang when she abandoned her in the first place," the man's brow was knitted, his knuckles turn white from gripping onto the documents. Never did he expect his wife to fight for their daughter. Both Tiffany and Si Won were married legally at a tender age and they knew nothing about marriage life, let to say the life of raising a baby. However, after giving birth to Eun Sang, Tiffany fell into a slight depression. But never did he expect her to leave the household, live with Taeyeon and debut as a soloist. She reached her hype and peak period the moment she debut as many were expecting comebacks from the legendary Girl's Generation. 
On the other hand, Si Won entered the corporate world with the help of KangIn. He strived hard and managed to make a comeback. He is the director of a fashion label together with KangIn. He makes more than enough for his family of two, living in a condo. Through this period, he was most thankful for s for helping him as well as taking care of Eun Sang whenever he is busy. But he never seeks help from anyone associated with Tiffany, lest the child be hurt and broken. Throwing he stack of legal documents in the shredding machine, Si Won swiped his phone.
"Let's meet up." 
---
 
Settling her pair of sunglasses on the cafe table, an eloquent lady crossed her legs before checking the time on her watch. She was early, and she wanted to make things clear to the other party. A few minutes passed before a man around her age walked over -obviously fuming mad- and sat on the chair opposite hers. "Speak, what are you up to this time?" Si Won stared straight into her eyes. "I want to have my child back. Is that wrong of me as a mother?" Tiffany raised her eyes, matching the set of strong gaze. "Mother? Why would she have a mother like you. I would never compromise to your set of rules," Si Won spat, his hands balled into a fist before slamming them on the table. Tiffany bit her lip, she admitted she was a bad mother, but now she is back to compensate her with everything she wants. She loved and yearned for her through these years, and she is not willing to wait anymore. "Comply to me, I don't want to bring this to court," she replied calmly,"or maybe media. I have a press conference this week, what do you think?" At the mention of the media, Si Won sprung up from his seat. "Do not try to bring her there," he emphasized. Tiffany knew that Si Won would have a soft spot for her. At the very least, he would let her see Eun Sang. Exasperated, Si Won fell back on the chair. A moment of tension and silence filled the air before he speaks, "you know what, if Eun Sang wants to, then let it be. But I will never pass on the custody to you." After which, he stomped off the cafe, gaze avoiding hers. Tiffany ran her hand through her brown locks. She knew he would let her do that at the very least, because he still regards her as his wife.