Mistletoe (done by eternalove5)

PinkFinite One-Shots Collections.

 

Whoever who came up with the ‘kiss under the mistletoe’ tradition, clearly didn’t know the trouble it would come with.

 

It was already 15 minutes past ten at night, and the cafe was ready for its closing. Chorong was on the last duty that night, meaning she would be the one who has to close up everything else after the last customer has left the vicinity.

It had been a long and tiresome shift. All that she wanted to do was head home, take a nice hot bath and crash onto her bed before the new day awaits her.

She was almost done with everything, except for the last table situated at the far end of the cafe, which was still occupied by a lone figure. His back was hunched over the table with his neck hung down low. Chorong wasn’t sure if he had fallen asleep but she knows that she has to go home soon and she wasn’t in the mood to sacrifice her sleep for anyone else.

She threw the napkin onto the counter and marched over towards where the customer was sitting at. As she started to near him, he lifted up his head and their eyes met for a brief second.

Chorong froze in her tracks momentarily.

She recognised him. She knew him.

He was a kid from school, and if she isn’t mistaken – Lee Howon was his name.

She didn’t know much about him, except for the fact he mostly kept to himself and avoid social gatherings at every chance he gets.

They were both in the same grade but she’s never been in such close proximity to him before. The closest she has ever stood with him, is during Math class; and that is about 10 tables away from each other.

But now that she has gotten the chance to be up close with him, she could see why the other girls at school would throw themselves all over him. Why they keep on gushing and whispering every time he walks pass them.

Even a couple of her friends have succumbed to his rugged-boyish good looks. They even tried to strike up a conversation with him, but just like the rest – they didn’t succeed.

None of them did.

He would just simply walk away without even glancing their way.

Chorong, who was probably the only one not roped into this admiration, honestly thinks that his actions were just plain rude.

She squared up her shoulders and continued walking towards his table. He continued to watch her in silence, his eyes never leaving her worn-out face.

“I’m sorry but you have to leave now. I’m going to close up and I can’t do that while you’re still here can I?”

He opened his mouth and that was the first time she has ever heard him spoken to anyone at all.

“Working on a Christmas night? Don’t you have somewhere to be?” he asked quietly, his two eyes studying her face carefully.

Chorong let out a small sigh.

“I can, if I finish this up quickly. Now, are you going to leave or not?”

Park Chorong...isn’t it?”

She stiffened up immediately at the mention of her name. There was something about the way he had said it.

Like he was reaching into her soul.

“Please Howon, you have to leave now...”

Hoya, please,” he corrected her with a warm smile on his face. “Just call me Hoya.”

Chorong took in a deep breath. She didn’t know why he was suddenly being like this. But it was definitely not the right time to get acquainted to each other or exchange nick names.

“Okay fine, Hoya. Will you please do me favour and leave now?”

Much to her relief, he grabbed his coat from the space next to him and started to get up from his seat slowly. He shoved his two arms into his huge oversized gray jacket and pulled the hoodie up to cover his hair.

Chorong followed him from behind as he walks towards the front door, with the intention of locking it up after him.

So when he suddenly stopped walking, it caused her to bump into him hard from behind unintentionally.

Chorong could feel her patience running thin. If he keeps wasting her time like this, they were going to be stuck in the cafe all night long.

She was about to let him have a piece of her mind when he suddenly spoke up calmly.

“Do you realise where we’re standing at?”

Chorong rolled her eyes impatiently. She didn’t have time to play guessing games with him.

“Hoya, you’re about a few steps away from the door. What’s stopping you?”

He didn’t answer her. Instead, he pointed his finger up at something above them.

Chorong look up at where he was pointing at and she could feel her heart sinking.

When had they hung up the mistletoe? She didn’t see it when she came to work that evening. It must’ve been when she was busy handling the customers requests.

“Well...so what?” she asked nervously, hoping that he wouldn’t do what she thought he was going to. “It’s just part of the Christmas decoration.”

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

“It wouldn’t hurt would it?”

“...what wouldn’t?” she asked back uncertainly. She tried to back away but it seemed like her feet were glued to the ground and she was unable to move herself.

“One kiss.”

Before she had any chance to react, Hoya leaned his face in closer to hers. Chorong shut her eyes tightly, waiting to feel something.

And then, she felt his lips being pressed against hers, slowly and gently. It lingered there for a few moments before he finally pulled away from her.

Chorong opened her eyes once again and unconsciously, her hand travelled up to and her index finger traced her freshly kissed lips in shock.

She could still taste the sweetness of his lips on hers and she had to admit; she really liked it a lot.

Her face was burning with embarrassment as she continued to gaze at him unbelievably. Hoya, on the other hand, looked completely fine and satisfied, as though he has finally achieved his goal all these while.

He held up his hand and waved at her.

“I’ll see you at school tomorrow Chorong. And, Merry Christmas!”

She could only watch him go helplessly, still in awe to do anything or speak a word. She has just kissed Lee Howon, the boy who has girls pining for him ever since they lay eyes on him.

Slowly, a small smile started to spread across her face.

Merry Christmas Hoya.