p-sehyuk

Di'amon CASTLE | ARCHIVE | REVIEW

 

DI'AMON CASTLE

pick up

The young boy

by: p-sehyuk

sci-fi . action

Jungkook is a poor boy living in a city with his parents. He knows that if he doesn't have any connection with Jedi, he will be safe. But he didn't want it to be that way, he wants to be a Jedi. His father found a living Jedi, and he started learning from him.

 

 

*** Your request was completed. Please don't forget to comment after picking up and credit the shop with banner and link back.

★★★★✫✫✫✫

 

 

 

Title: 6 / 10

Note: The title doesn't really grab my attention. The title, although not the best title, makes a lot of sense. Jungkook, in the story was indeed like a young boy. When told the truth he would refuse it, just like a young boy would ^~^

 

Description and Foreword: 8 / 10

Note: The description was long and didn't grab my attention, It seemed like your usual 'poor boy achieves his dreams/goals' type of story but obviously I was proven wrong while reading xD

 

Plot: 10 / 15

Note: Unfortunatly, I'm not familiar in the star wars genre but from the fanfic it was really interesting. I was always wondering what would happen next and definitely was baffled at some parts, unbelieving of the things that had just occurred.

 

Character Development: 6 / 10

Note: I'm going to start off with Jungkook. In the story he was definatly determined but we didn't get to see his thoughts at some parts, like Tzuyu's pregnancy, was he angry? Sad? What were his thoughts?

As for Tzuyu, again didn't get to see her thoughts and for the life of me couldn't get attached to her character. She didnt have a back story and her relationship was hollow. We didn't get to see how their relationship bloomed into a romance and eventually marriage. But I was pleased to see her as a wise, clever and strong jedi.

For other characters I do have confusions but that is most probably for my lack of knowledge on star wars, like Darth Minho and bounty hunter.

 

Writing Style: 15 / 20

Note: I found the writing style quite peculiar. It wasn't script writing style where its mostly dialog and less descriptions, leaving it up to the reader imagination but it wasn't your normal dialog and description type of writing style. You wrote dialog between characters like you would in script and then you would just write their actions. There also wasn't any description which didnt allow me to paint a full picture in my head but liked it overall.

 

Spelling, Grammar & Diction: 17 / 25

Note: For spelling, I rarely spotted spelling mistakes in the story. And for grammar, honey, its a disaster. There's grammar mistakes in almost every sentence and I advise you get a proof-reader or beta reader to get rid of the grammar mistakes. And lastly, diction. I didn't find many holes in this field but did hope you would use stronger vocabulary in certain parts. You also did use certain words in scenes which they did not fit in.

 

Personal Enjoyment: 8 / 10

Note: Not going to lie, a part from the grammar and the occasional confusion here and there, I liked it a lot~~ I was on the edge of my seat, trying to predict their next actions and failing terribly. And I do like the occasional story in which you cannot predict the characters next actions if I do say so myself ^~^

 

Final score: 62 / 100


Extra note: I just wanted to apologize for the late review of the story ^~^ Had some difficulties on my part and I am new to the whole reviewing deal so I am sorry if my review was not satisfactory.