Chapter Two

Fingertips

Yongsun never sees Wheein again.


 

They see each other just before she leaves the hotel, by the swimming pool where she pays more attention to Wheein rather than actually swimming. She swears -- she assumes, more like -- that Wheein was looking at her as if she knew. She has the same smile on her lips as the other night while she . The kind of smile that made Yongsun feel vulnerable.


 

Solar never asked for Wheein’s number. And it was a decision she came to regret when she learned the other had checked out of the hotel already.


 

When Yongsun gets back, she is met with countless of appointments. Mostly wedding stuff. She still had the guest list to think of. The venue will be booked at the day the wedding is going to be held. Finding a new one will be hard seeing as it was wedding season. She also has a meeting with Hyunwoo later with their travel agent. They haven’t figured out a place to spend the honeymoon yet. It was between the Maldives, Ibiza or Venice.


 

“So much needs to be done...I don’t think four weeks is going to be enough time for planning,” Yongsun breathes out, exasperated. She skims through the list of names her mother had printed out.


 

Her mom, Kim Yuna simply laughs, running a hand through her daughter’s hair as she lays a plate of apples cut in pieces. “It always feels like that,” she whispered. “But don’t worry, all will fall into place naturally.”


 

From where she was sitting, she looks up at her, eyes glassy. “I’m really going to marry him, am I?”


 

“Wh-Why yes, my dear,” Yuna replies, avoiding her daughter’s gaze. “You were the one who agreed to this union…”


 

What more could Yongsun expect from her mother? Yuna was in the same situation Yongsun is currently in. And she still is.

 

Smiling, she shakes her head and turns to the list again. “It’s okay, mom. Just got the pre-wedding jitters. You know how it is.”


 

Yuna feels relief surge through her because of her daughter’s words. “Yes, I do know. Would you like some tea? I’ll brew some for you.”


 

Shaking her head, Yongsun uses a paper clip to put together all the names, standing up with them in her hand. “No need, mom. I ought to prepare to meet Kibum. We need to finish up planning which flowers we’re gonna be using and the caterer and--”


 

Yuna holds up a hand and places her hands on Yongsun’s cheeks, pushing them together so that her daughter’s face was scrunched up. She laughs at her protests and kisses her on the forehead. “I understand. Now go.”


 

When she is released, she gives her mother a light peck on the cheek and runs upstairs to prepare.


 

She drives to Kibum’s office. He was the most in demand wedding organizer in town and also happens to be a huge fashion icon. It’s no wonder that many brides sought him out, including her. And it’s only due to her father’s influence that she managed to snag a spot in his busy schedule.


 

The city is wrapped in a layer of ight and dark hues of gray, a thunder crackling in the background. She waits for the spotlight to turn green, thinking of whether she has an umbrella in her trunk. She thinks of the regret in her mother’s eyes before she looked away. And she thinks about Wheein again. And she smiles.


 

“It must be that kiss,” she whispers, fingers trailing over her lips.


 

She and Hyunwoo had shared kisses. Even if they were as brief as the kiss Wheein planted on her lips, it didn’t linger like this. Every morning since her return, she found herself closing her eyes to re-enact the scene and feel the feather-like softness of Wheein’s lips against hers. And how she smiled at her as if she had it all planned and Yongsun reacted according to her calculations.


 

Only the loud honk from the car behind her wakes her up from her reverie and she pulls the brake, taking a left turn. Both of her hands grip the steering wheel as she realizes that her mind drifted off to Wheein again.


 

---


 

Wheein still thinks of Yongsun.


 

She tells Vernon nothing of her encounter with the girl. Or how she saved her. Her friends were too drunk to remember much of that night so they knew nothing. Frankly, she would not hide it for me if not for the fact that she wants to do it again. See Yongsun. Kiss Yongsun. Get to know Yongsun. And at first she blamed the alcohol in her system and the high from a night well spent with friends. But days after, she still finds herself thinking about her.


 

“Wheein… Wheein…?”


 

She looks away from the window, smiling at the source of the voice. “Hey, Seulgi. Glad you made it.”


 

Seulgi smiles at her and takes the empty seat, facing Wheein. “Glad you called. I thought you were going to find someone else to be your bridesmaid.”


 

Laughing, Wheein shakes her head and gestures for a waiter to come over. “Order anything you like. It’s my treat.”


 

In response to that, Seulgi raises a brow. “You rarely treat anyone aside from Vernon. What you’re going to tell me must be important.”


 

Wheein still laughs as a response. Seulgi and her had been friends for quite some time. They first met in summer break before college started. A concert by an internationally well-known band was held and they had stood side by side, fist bumping, jumping and screaming. Ever since then, they were inseparable. To the point where people thought they were sisters. Or something more. Though they didn’t really go pass that point.


 

“Well,” Wheein begins. “It’s just something I can’t get out of my chest, really. And you can’t tell Vernon, okay?” She says, playing with the remaining bits of cookie on her plate with a fork.


 

Seulgi orders a coke and lasagne, thanking the waiter before her attention turns to her best friend. “Well,” she says, mimicking Wheein. “If you have to put it that way. Do I have a choice to say no?”


 

her lips, she looked at Seulgi, expression dead serious. “I kissed a girl.”


 

“You know what, I’m gonna go have my lasagne for take out and--”


 

“And I can’t stop thinking about her.”


 

“Oh. Another surprise--”


 

“SEULGI!” Wheein shouts. “I’m serious! We’re both getting married. She has this amazing smile and eyes that seem to give you a look that wants you to just kiss the life out of her--”


 

Seulgi holds her hands up. “Okay, it’s serious. But Wheein.” Seulgi leans closer and holds her friend’s face in her hands. “You’re gay. You’ve always been gay. Gayer than Kristen Stewart, Cara Delevigne, and Ellen Page. They all wished they were as gay as you.” She leans back and lets the waiter serve her food. “The only reason you are marrying Vernon is because you love him too much. But not the kind of love you feel when you marry someone.”


 

“Now I’m the one who’s going to have to leave,” Wheein says, standing up. “I love Vernon. He makes me happy and we have fun together.”


 

As an answer to her words, Seulgi laughs and uses her fork to cut through the lasagne. It is as if she is telling Wheein “Yeah, right.” because frankly, she never did see why Wheein would marry Vernon. Sure, he is nice, takes care of her best friend in the weirdest ways and he is basically so whipped that he agreed to marry Wheein.

 

 

Rushing out of the restaurant, she doesn’t forget to give Seulgi the middle finger before she hops into her old Vios.


 

Driving off, she decides to stop by Vernon’s house. It’s the only place where she could feel safe. The only place she could really feel normal amidst all the chaos inside of her.



“Hey, loser. Stopping by your place. You want pizza or tacos?”

 

---

 

A/N:

Thank you so much for everyone's support! Your comments make me laugh a lot (because I am evil) and also very excited to post the next chapter. 

I hope you all enjoy this one as much as the first one. I may actually update you guys with a Chapter 3 since I want to write this so bad.

Thanks again. Tell me what you guys think!

 

Also can I just say that the thought of Wheein and Vernon getting together is for my own personal amusement? Hope you all don't have anything against that HAHA This is rather short too since I want to keep most of the suspense for the next chapters.