Of Watercolor Splashes and Monchrome Portraits

Of Watercolor Splashes and Monochrome Portraits

 

 

 

Curiosity got the best of him, and he wasn’t supposed to touch any of his things, but that leather notebook, always within arm’s reach of Sehun, always made him wonder of the things Sehun draws. He could picture how Sehun handles the notebook whenever he draws, he holds it with care, with a pencil on his hands and the sound of graphite colliding against the smooth white paper, with tender eyes while his hand skilfully draws a that makes the drawing come alive. And it left Baekhyun wondering, what does he draw?

He’d already seen Sehun paint, but his expression is entirely different when he draws, because when he’s holding his pencil, Baekhyun could see the amount of effort he gives with every flick of his wrist, he could see the passion from his eyes, and so when he held the notebook in his hands, it made him ecstatic and nervous at the same time.

He’s not sure if he’s allowed to see any of it, but a glimpse won’t hurt, right? He carefully flipped the cover, and the first drawing made his jaw drop. There are people walking, faceless people, but he could make out their expression. The setting is Paris, and the elegance is etched with the intricate lines of the drawing, the faint atmosphere of nostalgia shown with the monochromatic effect of the pencil, shading the glorious moonlight with littered stars, and few cakes with supposedly delectable ganache displayed in a lone cake shop.

The next drawings were equally baffling, dew drops of morning captured with the grey colour of the graphite, busy streets of Seoul with equally busy people, the moroseness of the darkened sky and its tears on the window… everything looked like a picture. Every single detail is captured by the pencil and written down on the lifeless paper, giving it an unknown story, unknown even in the point of view of the one who drew. And that was until he saw himself on the next page.

It was a simple drawing, and it reminded him of the time they went in a nearby coffee shop downtown. It captured his gloomy eyes staring something outside the window, and he didn’t fail to notice how the of his portrait became different from the other drawings. This is different, the are hasty, not made out of perfection and meticulousness, the lines are inconsistent, the erasures are seen, and the page has considerable creases. But something was missing with the description, missing with something intangible that would complement the physical, that one thing that would complete the picture, and that’s when he realized that it’s-

“What do you think you’re doing?”

The colourful atmosphere suddenly became grey like his drawings, cold and unforgiving. The sudden gash of air gave him goose bumps, and it made him cringe, not actually because Sehun would be angry, but because of the thought of breaking something so precious, something that he wants to hold on to. He doesn’t want to be back at square one, where they’re mere strangers at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Sehun quickly grabbed the notebook from his hands, fingers brushing against his, and Baekhyun didn’t fail to notice the tremble and shame when they had the contact. He doesn’t want him to think that way, but he couldn’t say anything at the moment, not when Sehun’s giving him an unreadable expression.

“What you saw-“

“Is myself….” Baekhyun cut him off. He finally looked up at Sehun, and he could see how conflicted he is, his furrowed brows are a contrast with his sad pink lips, and Baekhyun could feel the curse that would come out with the other’s mouth.

But he heard none of it.

Instead he heard a faint voice, almost inaudible if not for the awkward silence of the room.

 

I like you.

 

And that’s what all Baekhyun needed to hear.

Sehun braced himself with oncoming rejection, what he didn’t expect though was a soft pair of lips against his. It was an innocent kiss, no tongues and moans, just a direct skin to skin contact, but that contact made Sehun curl his toes, because damn, Baekhyun’s lips are so soft.

But before he could fully react, the lips are pulling away from his.

“I like you… too.”

Those four words made Sehun’s lips twitch upward, and relief is suddenly taking over his system. He felt Baekhyun’s arms encircling his shoulders, slender fingers brushing against his smooth pale nape, and Sehun leaned closer until only an inch separated their lips.

“I thought… I thought that you’d never like me. I thought that that kiss on my cheek was nothing. I almost fell into the idea that maybe you actually liked Jongin. Because seriously, who would like a nerd like me?”

“Me. The Byun Baekhyun likes the nerdy and talented Oh Sehun.” And Baekhyun pulled him into a hug, heart heavily pounding against his chest, because finally! He’s been dreaming of this since forever, and now he could kiss Sehun whenever he wanted. “I’ve liked you since day one,” he whispered on his ear, “And I almost wanted to scream at you when you said that I probably don’t know you. How could I not? How could I become oblivious of my long time crush?”

Sehun looked at him, awe and disbelief evident on his handsome face, and Baekhyun wasted no time when he saw the opportunity to kiss Sehun more. He kissed Sehun, tiptoeing so that he could reach his lips, but Sehun saw his dilemma so he bent down a bit, arms snaking around Baekhyun’s thin waist.

“So… are we like… together now?” Sehun asked.

Baekhyun pecked him once more. “Yeah… you’re my boyfriend.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: IDK I suddenly shipped Sehunnie with Baekhyunnie... OTL i found those two dorks adorable. I'm planning on making this one a lengthy fic but I dunno.. COLLEGE ( ;A; ) BTW the pic above isn't related with the story i just found them cute ~