Chapter 4

Of 2.5 Million Subscribers, Bush Hats, and Passion

Everyone that knew Kim Taehyung knew that he never really did have the best attention span in the world. Well, at least, not when it came to school subjects besides science (namely Astronomy) and music. So, could one really blame him when he started giggling at a funny video on his phone in the middle of Korean History class? Apparently his teacher could when she confiscated his phone for the rest of the day, but honestly, that was her own fault; she should’ve already known that Taehyung never did care much for her class, seeing as how he usually caught up on sleep there any other day.

But that day had been a fateful day indeed. He had randomly come across a video of two boys doing a “challenge” that had been circulating online for a few months now, where they forced one another to drink the most obscure concoction they each could make by blending ingredients together. He watched with great sympathy as the elder of the two hesitantly downed the disturbingly bright yellow mixture and started retching immediately. Throughout the entirety of the video, his eyes kept straying towards the younger raven-haired male who had been grinning devilishly as his best friend’s obvious distress. The corners of Taehyung’s own lips rose without him realizing.

He would later find that the duo had only put up around 10 videos at the time and would eventually go on to do much more than silly experiments or random pranks on one another. In fact, Taehyung was actually part of their first small count of subscribers when they first started out and had had the pleasure of seeing them gain immense popularity through the years.

And, he soon realized, through those same years, he had inevitably fallen completely for Jeon Jungkook’s charms.

It was that happy sort of squirmy feeling that he’d get in his stomach when the young YouTuber would smile widely at the camera or how his heart would positively lurch whenever the other would croon a song cover with his mesmerizing voice.

So, yes, Taehyung was a huge fan of KookandChim, and he really thought that the ever-so-talented-and-bubbly Park Jimin would be amazing best-friend material as well, but Jeon Jungkook…he was another matter entirely. In the best kind of way though.

 

If Jin thought that Taehyung couldn’t possibly be any louder than his usual every morning, he was dead wrong. He nearly dropped the spatula he had been using when his flatmate had suddenly let out a high-pitched shriek.

“Oh my God, Tae, if this is about something NASA discovered again, I swear—”

“JEON JUNGKOOK LIKED MY PICTURE ON INSTAGRAM!” Taehyung burst out, eyes wide in shock.

“What?” Jin gasped, rushing over to peer at the phone screen that the other held out to him. The phone itself was shaking so hard in Taehyung’s nerves-induced trembling grasp, so Jin gently took the phone in his own hands and peered down at the screen.

And, sure enough, the little words “golden_kook has liked your picture” blared up back at him. The elder raised an eyebrow seeing that it was a picture that Jin himself had taken last week of Taehyung showing off a new hoodie. “Huh. Congrats then, Tae. You’ve got your crush to notice you.”

Taehyung snatched back the phone, whining, “Hyung, I don’t have a crush on him! I’m just a fan, that’s all.”

Sure, you keep telling yourself that,” a semi-drowsy voice remarked from the kitchen’s doorway. Hoseok stumbled over to the little dining table, plopping down in one of the chairs while sleepily rubbing his eyes. “So, the great Jeon Jungkook has finally acknowledged your presence.” He picked up a spoon, brandishing it like a microphone and shoved it into Taehyung’s face, imitating those reporters on sports channels that sounded like they had overdosed on caffeine as they asked winning sports teams the million-dollar question: “What are you going to do now?”

Taehyung pushed the other’s hand away, expression suddenly turning distraught. “I don’t know what I’m going to do,” he replied anxiously. He turned towards Jin. “Hyung, what do I do?”

Jin put a finger to his lips in thought. “Well…”

“How about just going on like normal?” a new voice sounded again from the kitchen’s doorway. They looked over to see Namjoon leaning against the doorframe, a small, amused smile spread across his lips.

“What do you mean, Joon-ah?” Jin asked curiously.

Namjoon gave a one-shouldered shrug and walked over to the table. “Well, there’s nothing you really have to do, right? What made you look through your IG account today anyway?”

Taehyung reached up and ran his fingers through his newly dyed dark purple locks. “I was going to just look through my feed and post a picture of my new hairdo.”

“Well, there you go then,” Namjoon replied, reaching over to butter some toast. “Post the picture and move on. Be happy that someone you’re a fan of noticed your pictures, but don’t make a big deal out of it.” He shot the other a bright smile. “Don’t worry too much or let it stress you out.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “He always tries to sound like Confucius this early in the morning.”

“What would you do if Kanye West or Drake liked one of your pictures?” Jin retorted, raising an eyebrow at his boyfriend.

“I’d screenshot it, frame it, and gloat for weeks. Maybe even cry a little,” he responded without missing a beat.

They all groaned. “Hyung,” Taehyung whined, “that’s no help.”

The silver-haired male smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, Tae, I was just trying to calm you down.”

Taehyung turned back to his phone, thoughts running a mile a second. Should I just post my picture and move on?

But this was Jeon Jungkook, the vlogger he had been practically idolizing since he had posted some of his first videos, the same person he had seen grow the last few years (and might he add that, boy, did Jungkook grow beautifully).

After they were finished with breakfast and the other three had gone off to their respective classes, Taehyung was left at the shared apartment alone, seeing as it was his complete day off.

After some restless TV-watching and constant diving for his phone when a new notification came, he decided enough was enough.

“I’ll just post it,” he muttered, posing for the selca and captioning the picture as, look guys! My next hair color! ^^

After the picture was up, he pulled up a picture from Jungkook’s page that was posted yesterday. He smiled seeing that it was of Jungkook grinning and posing next to a sleeping Jimin. His finger hovered hesitantly over the picture for half a second before quickly tapping on the screen twice.

Take that, Jeon Jungkook.

 

 

Taehyung never, not even in his wildest dreams, would have imagined that in the same week that Jungkook liked his picture on IG would he be also actually meeting the YouTuber himself. And, that was why he had turned and ran like his life depended on it away from the hedge that he and Yoongi had gone to inspect when the elder had said he thought he saw someone he knew. Taehyung would have never have thought that the person Yoongi knew would be actually two people and that those two people would be KookandChim.

And, so, there he was, cowering behind a corner of the College of Engineering building, a few feet away from the aforementioned trio.

OhmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGod—

“Hey, Taehyung! What are you doing here, I thought we were sup—”

The purple-haired boy grabbed both the NamJin duo, as their friends had fondly dubbed them, by each of their arms and tugged them over to where he was standing, urgently shushing them.

“Tae?” Jin blinked at him, bewildered. “What’s wrong?”

The boy let out a series of choking sounds, eyes growing frantic. He gestured wildly behind him and the pair looked over, only seeing Yoongi’s back as he peered down at the hedges, hands on his hips.

“Um. What’s Yoongi-hyung doing?” Namjoon asked, eyebrows furrowed.

Taehyung cleared his throat before managing a weak, “Jeon Jungkook’s here.”

Both boyfriends’ jaws went slack with surprise. “He’s over there?” Jin asked urgently, pointing in Yoongi’s direction. Taehyung nodded, mouth suddenly dry.

“Well, why can’t we ju—”

“Hey, guys! What are you all doing ov—”

All three of the boys sshhh-ed at Hoseok so urgently it almost sounded like hissing and yanked him over to where they were standing, huddled in a corner. The dancer’s eyes were wide as he asked what was going on.

The Jeon Jungkook’s here, right now, on our very campus,” Jin explained, seeing as how Taehyung was still trying to get over the shock.

What?!” Hoseok shrieked, earning a few odd stares as some students passed by. Namjoon whacked him on the shoulder before turning back to Taehyung.

“Um, Tae?” The other responded with a shaky hum. “We should go check up on Yoongi-hyung and find out what’s up, yeah?”

Seeing the younger hesitate, Hoseok wrapped a supportive arm around his shoulders. “C’mon! This is your chance to finally meet your idol, face-to-face! Maybe even get his number,” he waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Taehyung scoffed at that, but as they neared the corner of the building, he peeked his head out to look back at where Yoongi was. Jin, Namjoon, and Hoseok all followed suit, all heads on top of another as they peered around to see Yoongi with the two YouTubers. Taehyung saw Jungkook dusting off his jacket before he suddenly looked up, as though sensing eyes on him. His and Taehyung’s eyes seemed to widen at the same time at Taehyung drew back with a startled yelp.

“I-I can’t do this!” he stuttered. “What do I even say to him?”

Jin patted his shoulder encouragingly, offering a supportive smile as well. “Well, an introduction would be a nice start? You could also say how you’re a big fan.”

Taehyung bit his lip in worry, eliciting a sigh from Namjoon. He reached forward and gripped Taehyung’s wrist.

“Let’s get going, lover-boy. Your dream guy is waiting.”

Taehyung didn’t even have the fight in him to protest; his nerves were coming in quick bursts and ricocheting around in his stomach. He was more nervous than he had been when he had presented at his first science fair (in which he placed second in his division) or when he had his first dance evaluation. He hadn’t even been this nervous when he gave his first lecture on radiative transfer (and that had been a grueling day indeed) or when he first posted his debut video as a YouTuber a few months ago. The point was, Taehyung was downright scared. Terrified, even.

And, only Jeon Jungkook could make him feel this way. And, here he was, walking towards said person, who was watching him like a deer caught in headlights. Oh God, how could he possibly get any cuter?

He was shaken out of his reverie when Yoongi started to speak, gesturing at the two beside them.

“Hey, guys,” he said, ears slightly tinged pink. “These idiots here just suddenly decided to drop by,” he fixed his infamous death glare on the pair of best friends, both of whom flinched, “without telling me in advance.”

“So, you know them?” Jin asked, puzzled.

Before Yoongi could respond, Jimin piped up, his megawatt grin directed towards the group, “I’m his boyfriend, actually!” He bowed, shouting out a “nice to finally meet you all!”

 “Hyung!” Hoseok squealed. “Finally, it took you so long to introduce him to us!” Both Namjoon and Jin murmured in agreement. Yoongi turned red, spluttering.

Hoseok shook his head disapprovingly before offering his hand to shake with Jimin. “I’m Jung Hoseok, nice to meet you, too. You’re Jimin-ssi, right?” At the other’s happy nod, the elder smirked. “Hyung never stops talking about you.”

“Yah!” The blonde reached out and punched Hoseok in the shoulder, causing the other to pout a bit before turning to Jungkook, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Oh no, Taehyung knew that look.

Before he could stop the other from saying something he knew was going to be most likely embarrassing, the dancer held out his hand for Jungkook to take.

“And you must be Jungkook-ssi, correct?” When the raven-haired male gave a tentative nod, Hoseok grinned. He pulled Taehyung closer to them, cocking his head at him. “And, this one here never stops talking about you.

Taehyung blanched and avoided the YouTuber’s gaze as it flitted towards him. And, there’s the embarrassing line I was looking for. He turned to glare at the smirking Hoseok. Thanks a lot, hyung. He chanced a glance towards Jungkook and found the boy was still staring at him, cheeks flushed pink and his front teeth biting down hard on his lower lip. It seemed as though he looked just as nervous as Taehyung felt.

Their group of friends watched the two gazing at each other with bated breath, waiting for one of them to speak up.

After several seconds, Jimin let out a long-suffering sigh. He reached behind and pushed Jungkook slightly forward. The boy stumbled a bit before turning around and glaring at his best friend. Jimin ignored him and gestured for Yoongi and Hoseok to come and stand on the side with him and the NamJin pair. “Let’s give them a little space to talk to each other.”

When they had shuffled around, both boys looked towards their friends desperately. Taehyung, feeling as though someone had coerced him into attending those fancy matchmaking sessions that he saw snobby rich people attending on TV, winced at Jin’s thumbs-up. He really wouldn’t put it above his friends to do something like that, honestly.

He turned back towards Jungkook who tensely met his gaze. Taehyung took a deep breath and smiled at the other.

“Hi, it’s really nice—no, actually, it’s an honor to meet you, Jungkook-ssi,” Taehyung tried not to let his happiness color his voice too heavily as he inclined his head slightly. “I’m a big fan.”

He snuck a quick glance towards his friends for approval and Namjoon grinned at him while Hoseok winked and mouthed a “smooth”.

Jungkook flushed even more and opened his mouth as if to say something, but stopped short, looking down at the ground shyly. Taehyung thought the sight was utterly adorable. He unintentionally let out a small giggle at the other’s fidgety actions, causing the younger to look up at him, a slightly indignant look in his eyes.

Seeing as Jungkook wasn’t making any moves to introduce himself or speak at all for that matter, Taehyung was about to ask him why he—

“How did you get 2.5 million subscribers in such a short amount of time?” the younger blurted out.

The second the words were out of his mouth, Jungkook heard a faint groan of “God, help me” and a small smacking sound and knew that it was Jimin literally facepalming at his stupidity. Honestly, it took everything in Jungkook’s power to not do the same. The stiflingly hot feeling in his cheeks grew more in intensity, but he still held Taehyung’s gaze, albeit with some embarrassment.

The purple-haired boy’s eyes were slightly wide with surprise, but were quickly replaced in a thoughtful expression, left index finger coming up to poke at his lips. Jungkook tried not to stare too much at the slightly ponderous pout that graced the fellow YouTuber’s face.

“I’ll be honest, I was pretty surprised myself,” Taehyung responded, giving a one-shouldered shrug. “But, I guess since some of my stuff is funny? I’m really just messing around most of the time.”

Jungkook’s eyebrows furrowed. “Messing around?

Hoseok stepped forward and nodded, smiling at the former. “Yeah, sometimes I help Tae out. Most of the videos are spontaneous, so, whatever fun thing he’s doing at the time, he’ll just whip out the video camera and start to film for uploading later.”

Jungkook’s cheeks starting to pink all over again—but for an entirely different matter. He spluttered a bit, expression growing steadily enraged. Sensing his best friend’s inner turmoil, Jimin suppressed another groan and swept in to do damage control—or at least, attempt to.

He reached out and placed an arm around Jungkook’s shoulder, gripping maybe a little too hard. Letting out a nervous chuckle, Jimin looked at his best friend, a slight warning look in his eyes contrasting with the too-bright grin plastered across his face. “Weren’t you going to say how you were really honored to finally meet Taehyung too, Kookie?”

When Jungkook turned to glare at the elder, Jimin’s grin just grew that bit more. But, Jungkook knew otherwise. Jimin was an overall cheerful person with genuine smiles. So, when his grins grew a little too large and bordered on fake, you knew you had to stop.

But, Jungkook was the type that couldn’t really bring himself to care.

This guy—Taehyung— just said that he was just fooling around and just somehow happened to get 2.5 million subscribers and that—that YouTube videos were just a hobby!

Jungkook fixed a fierce glare on the purple-haired male in front of him. What did I even see in him? No matter how cute or talented this guy was, Jungkook wouldn’t let something like this slide. YouTube was a huge part of Jungkook’s life and it meant so much to him, just as much as singing and dancing.

So, roughly shrugging off Jimin’s arm, he stepped forward, eyes ablaze with passion. “So, is YouTube just a little side-job to you?”

Taehyung pushed his glasses a bit further up his nose, offering the other a small smile (and, no, it did not make Jungkook’s stomach swoop at the sight, how ridiculous). “Just something to do for fun, yeah, I guess. Like I said, I’m not really sure as to why I’ve got so many subscribers already.”

Jungkook scoffed. “Oh, trust me, I could tell you exactly why you’ve got so many.” He ignored Jimin’s small pinch to his side.

Yoongi looked at him, an eyebrow cocked. “Why do you sound so hostile?”

Jungkook looked away, mouth set in a firm line.

Taehyung bit his lip, looking from the youngest in the group to all the others’ surprised expressions. “Um, I didn’t mean to sound pretentious or anything…” he said, voice somewhat apologetic.

Jimin frantically waved his hands and shook his head just as fast. “No, no, it’s really nothing you did or said, Taehyung-ssi.” He glared at Jungkook and lightly punched his arm. “Jungkook here is really just a huge brat.”

“I don’t really think that’s it either, actually,” Jin spoke up for the first time, his soft voice slightly startling the others. He stepped forward, kind eyes washing over Jungkook’s figure. “What is it that you’re frustrated about, Jungkook-ssi?”

Said boy let out a small, disbelieving huff. “Taehyung-ssi, here,” he said, nodding at the other, “doesn’t seem to be all that passionate about his YouTube videos and I’m somebody that can’t live without passion and that—that irks me!” Hearing just what he had expected, Jimin didn’t hold back from groaning this time, burrowing his face in Yoongi’s neck from second-hand embarrassment.

Hearing this, Taehyung fought back a grin. It was a wonder how he could muster up enough self-control to keep his face straight when all he really wanted to do was coo right in Jeon Jungkook’s face. The way his eyes were blazing and how his cheeks were flushed with apparent rage was actually…quite endearing.

Namjoon shook his head slightly, letting an amused smile stretch across his lips. “That’s quite the assumption though. I wouldn’t call Taehyung dispassionate at all—I mean, have you seen him talk about anything space-related?”

Yes, I have, every video he’s ever uploaded on the matter in fact, Jungkook had wanted to answer but opted for glowering at them almost childishly.

Hoseok pursed him lips in thought. “Well,” he mused, gaze shifting curiously from Jungkook to Taehyung constantly, “what would it take for Tae to do to prove to you that he, in fact, is quite a passionate person?”

Jungkook glanced at Jimin, smirking slightly. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

Jimin glared back at the younger. You better not, you brat.

Jungkook’s smirk simply widened, and before Jimin could stop his stupid, stupid excuse of a best friend, the other turned his gaze back to Taehyung, jaw jutting out in smug determination.

“I, Jeon Jungkook, challenge you, Kim Taehyung, to a YouTube video competition! After 7 videos that will be released each week from our respective channels of both singing and dance covers, our fans will vote on who is the more passionate.” He pointed his index finger right in Taehyung’s face, a smug smile plastered on his face. Honestly, Jungkook wasn’t sure where all of this was suddenly coming from, but there was no going back now. There, that’ll show him.

“Jungkook, you idiot!” Jimin hissed, gripping onto the other’s wrist, only to be shaken off seconds later. “What do you think you’re starting here?”

Hoseok leaned forward, interest piqued. “Ok, I’ve got a few questions. First, he can have help, right?” At Jungkook’s nod, he asked again, “And, what does the winner get?”

Jungkook shrugged. “A wish fulfilled by the losing contestant.”

Everyone turned to see Taehyung’s reaction, since he had been listening quietly the entire time, a slight quirk to his lips as he surveyed everyone around him.

Jin sighed, looking a little pleadingly at Jungkook. “Don’t you think this a little too sudd—”

“Okay.”

What?!” Jin and Jimin both screeched. “C’mon, Tae, you really want to do this?” Jin asked incredulously.

The other nodded, mouth set in an amused smile, eyes dancing in mirth as he fixed his gaze on Jungkook. “Yeah, I’ll do it. It’ll be fun.” He directed his infamous boxy-grin at the younger, the one that made his eyes almost disappear, but Jungkook refused to be fazed by it. The younger scoffed.Oh yeah, it won’t just be fun. I’m going to pummel you into the ground, Kim Taehyung.

“One condition though,” Taehyung stated cheerfully, eyes still crinkled in a sweet smile.

Jungkook eyed the other warily. “What?”

“When the winner is determined, they’ll tell the loser their wish through a live webcam for all of our fans to see.”

The younger seemed to consider this for a few seconds, weighing out the pros and cons. Finally, Jungkook nodded. “That’s fine.”

Taehyung returned the vigor and Jungkook was slightly unnerved from the smile that seemed to never leave his face. He looked over at Jimin, who only shrugged helplessly in return (it wasn’t like he could stop anything anymore, the damage had already been done), and turned back to the other YouTuber.

“Then,” Jungkook said firmly, “this is set. We’ll start this next week, alright, Taehyung-ssi?” He grasped Taehyung’s hand in his own, trying hard not to focus on the nice warmth radiating from the other’s palm, and shook it diplomatically.

The purple-haired male chuckled. “Yeah, good luck, Jungkook-ssi. See you at the finish line.”

The raven-haired male’s eyes narrowed slightly. “To tell you in advance, I’m a very competitive person,” Jungkook warned.

Taehyung grinned. “Oh, I’m very well aware, Jungkook-ssi. After all, you’re the self-proclaimed golden Kook, aren’t you?”

Jungkook huffed, and turned away, grabbing Jimin’s arm and leading him forcefully away from the group. “C’mon hyung, we’ve got a lot of practicing to do.”

“But—” Jimin looked back helplessly at Yoongi, who just rolled his eyes and shrugged in return. You know how he gets.

Before the two were completely out of the others’ sights, Taehyung called out a “Jungkook-ssi!”

The other turned, a slightly annoyed expression gracing his features.

“Just because the “golden Kook” title is self-proclaimed doesn’t mean that I don’t agree with it as well,” Taehyung said, grinning in delight when seeing the other’s cheeks gain a slight pink tint.

Before he could turn around again, Taehyung called out, “Oh, and another thing!” The other YouTuber rolled his eyes slightly and nodded for him to speak.

The ’95 liner smirked. “The hat really suits you.”

He laughed out loud when the younger’s cheeks flushed even more as he furiously yanked the mess of fake twigs and leaves off his head and speed-walked in the other direction, tugging a giggling Jimin behind him.

 

 

 

“Can you believe the nerve of that guy?” Jungkook asked, furiously fiddling with his camcorder. “He just does videos for fun,” he mimicked, features set into a deep frown. “I thought that because he was another YouTuber and seeing how he was in all of his videos, he’d be really serious about this, would consider it something really important, like we do. But, apparently not.”

Jimin rolled his eyes at the younger while getting the area around them ready for the video. All week, it had been Taehyung this and Taehyung that. True, it had also been like that for several weeks now, but before, it was Jungkook gushing over the guy; now, he couldn’t stop ranting (although, Jimin highly suspects that somewhere, deep inside, Jungkook’s most likely still gushing). “Honestly, it’s you that I can’t believe, Jungkook,” he huffed.

Jungkook looked up and narrowed his eyes at his friend. “What?”

“First, you were judging the guy because you were sulky about him having so many followers in such a short amount of time, then, you suddenly became his biggest, most embarrassing fanboy,” he ignored Jungkook’s strangled noise of protest before continuing, “and now, you’re back to hating his guts.” The elder shook his head, exasperated. “You are quite possibly the most fickle person I know.”

Jungkook scoffed. “Well, now, I know what he’s really like, so, I’d rather you not bring it up, hyung.”

Jimin sighed, rubbing his temples. “You know what? Just hurry up and film the intro video already. The faster we get this over with, the faster my life can be peaceful again.”

“I thought you’d never ask,” Jungkook agreed, switching the camcorder on and taking his place next to Jimin at his desk to begin filming.

Starting the video, Jungkook immediately grinned, “Hey, everyone! Jungkook here.”

“And Jimin!” the other piped up, flashing a peace-sign to the camera.

“So, for today, this will be an introduction video of sorts to a special event we’ll be having for a couple weeks,” Jungkook continued.

“That’s not all!” Jimin smiled. “It’s actually a contest, kinda,” he explained, nose scrunching a bit in annoyance. “We’re actually partnering up withKimTaeV for this. If you don’t know him, we have his channel linked in the description below. I’m sure he’ll be uploading a video introducing this as well.”

“So, basically,” Jungkook started to explain, “for seven weeks, each channel will upload one video a week and the viewers, that’s you all, will vote at the end of the week whose video you liked better. They’ll consist of dance or song covers, or anything else we feel like putting up. Sound easy, right?”

“So, it’s up to you guys, our beloved fans,” Jimin beamed widely at the camera, “to help us win. Because the winner gets to have a wish fulfilled by the loser.”

“That’s right, guys,” Jungkook stated seriously. “So, let’s help us win, yeah? All the information you need are down below.”

The elder of the two made a strangled noise, causing Jungkook to look at him in surprise. “What?”

Jimin’s grin took on a sinister twinge. “You forgot to mention that the wish will be told by the winner through a live webcam with a fanchat on the side.” He looked excitedly at the “audience”. “So, everyone, you’ll get to see what either Taehyung or Jungkook have the other do. Since, this wasJungkook’s idea in the first place, he’ll be handling most of the work for this.” He shrugged slightly. “I’ll be just helping out mostly.”

Glancing at the other, he turned at smirked at the camera. “Jungkookie here challenged Taehyung to all of this to see who is the most passionate in whatever they do. That’s why we’re doing all of this in the first place.” Leaning forward, he whispered conspiratorially into the screen, saying, “It’s like when a boy picks on the girl he likes. Our little Golden Kook here has a not-so-small crush on Taehyung.” He flashed his nearly close-eyed smile towards the viewers. “Do what you will with that information!”

 Jungkook spluttered. “It’s not like that!” he protested.

“Sure it’s not,” his best friend deadpanned. Jimin turned to the camera, all-smiles again. “Anyway, guys, remember to be on the lookout for our first video for the contest tomorrow. Oh! And remember to watch Tae’s videos too, in order to fairly vote! See you guys soon then!” He waved cheerfully at the camera, subtly elbowing the brooding Jungkook in the side to also say bye.

Jungkook waved half-heartedly and reached over to turn the camera off. He whipped his around to glare at the other. “Why the hell would you say that? Now, we’re going to have a completely different situation on our hands!”

Jimin dismissively waved his hand, uninterested, as he reached over for his phone on the other end of the table. “So, a few shipper fangirls may pop up. It’s no big deal.” He looked up to shoot Jungkook a sly grin. “Now, hurry and upload that. I have a feeling a certain someone is waiting for the games to officially begin.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes while beginning to properly edit and upload the video.  “Well, that certain someone is waiting for nothing. There’s no wayI’m going to lose.”

Jimin muttered something under his breath that sounded suspiciously like “cocky brat”, but Jungkook ignored it in favor of playing a game on his phone, his mind wandering frustratingly every few seconds, thinking about boys with purple hair and goofy grins. Just as he was getting ready to chuck his phone across the room in irritation, Jimin’s phone was vibrating loudly with the sound of a request for a video chat.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “Who’s that?”

 Jimin picked it up, immediately grinning at the screen. He beckoned the other over with a knowing look and accepted the request.

“Hey, Tae.”

“Jiminnie!” The loud voice echoed around Jungkook’s little room.

Upon seeing the same purple-haired, goofy-grin-laden boy that had been annoyingly invading his thoughts just moments ago on his best friend’s phone screen, Jungkook’s eyes widened comically in shock. “What?!” he thundered, cheeks glowing red as he looked back and forth from Jimin to the screen. “How—how are you—you have him on WhatsApp?!”

The elder hummed. “And, Skype, KakaoTalk, Line, we follow each other on Instagram and Twitter too,” he paused from ticking everything off his fingers. “Am I missing anything, Tae?”

“We follow each other on Facebook, Snapchat, and Tumblr too!” the other piped up, smiling. He put his finger to his lips in thought. “You still haven’t downloaded Dubsmash though,” he pouted. Jungkook grit his teeth at the sight, hastily looking away.

“Nah, that’s not really my thing,” Jimin said dismissively. He grinned at Jungkook. “Seems like something Kookie would be into though.”

“Hi, Jungkook-ssi!” Taehyung finally acknowledged the younger’s presence. “I saw the introduction video you guys posted. Mine should be up soon too.” He sent the other a playful wink, causing Jungkook’s expression to become even stonier. 

“Jimin, a word,” the younger gritted out and pulled Jimin away from the phone without waiting for an answer.

“You’re fraternizing with the enemy?” Jungkook groused, expression livid.

Jimin stared at the other in incredulity. “Alright, firstly, Kookie, he’s not an enemy. You’re the one who thinks this way. And, secondly, stop being dramatic.” He rolled his eyes at the other’s protesting expression and pushed him back in the direction of the phone where Taehyung was waiting. “Now, be nice.”

Jungkook stiffly picked the phone back up and was immediately greeted once again by Taehyung’s megawatt smile. He cringed and cleared his throat awkwardly before asking, “So, when are you posting the video?”

Taehyung smiled softly when answering, “Sometime later today.”

Jungkook was about to reply with a curt nod when Taehyung had shifted a bit, lowering his phone so that the top of his shirt was more visible. Upon seeing the shoulders of Taehyung’s somewhat oversized shirt, Jungkook’s jaw dropped. “T-that—”

Seeing the younger’s slack-jawed expression, Taehyung smirked. He has the gall to smirk, Jungkook thought, outraged. “Like what you see, Jungkook-ssi?” he laughed.

What?” The raven-haired man spluttered. “No,” he bit out furiously. “You-you copied my style!” he shook the phone about, causing Jimin to squawk indignantly.

“Oh, this?” Taehyung delicately at one of the cut-out holes at the neckline of his shirt. “You’re right.” He beamed up at the younger, saying, “I’ve seen you wearing your shirt like that for a while and really liked it, so, I went ahead and cut up my own.”

“Not very original, are you?” Jungkook huffed.

Taehyung’s eyes twinkled. “I like to call it “inspired”.”

Jungkook spluttered and sent a snickering Jimin a mutinous glare. “In any case,” he said, voice a bit unnecessarily loud, “Taehyung-ssi, just get your video put up soon that we can start this competition already and I can win.”

“Oh?” the other raised an eyebrow. “You’re so sure you’re going to win, Jungkook-ssi?”

The younger scoffed a bit before narrowing his eyes slightly. “I think I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m pretty serious about all of this.”

“So am I,” Taehyung easily quipped back. “I think you’ll find that I’m very good competition.”

“Right,” Jungkook said, disbelievingly. “So, video, tonight, ok?”

Taehyung let out a chuckle and gave the younger a mock salute. “Yes, sir!”

“Goodbye, Taehyung-ssi,” Jungkook sighed and made a move to end the call.

“Ah, before you go, Jungkook-ssi!” The other nodded for him to continue.

Taehyung’s eyes formed into mirth-and-mischief-filled crescents. “I like what I see too.”

Jimin burst into high-pitched laughter at the look on Jungkook’s face.

“What—what even gave you the impression that I—” the younger ran a hand through his hair in frustration, refusing to acknowledge the irritating burn occupying his cheeks.

“Well, liking my picture on Instagram seems to be quite the indicator,” Taehyung laughed.

Damn it.

“T-that was an accident,” Jungkook spluttered, wanting to desperately avert his gaze from Taehyung’s own cheerful eyes, but found that he couldn’t.

“Oh, really?” the other smiled. 

The younger let out a frustrated sigh and narrowed his eyes at the man through the screen. “Alright, look, I don’t have time for this right now. Just post your video quickly and let’s get this started.”

Taehyung leaned closer to the screen, smirking, and Jungkook instinctively leaned back, eyes going slightly wide.

“Let the games begin.”


I'm so sorry that this took so long to update once again, guys OTL The past week, I've just had so much going on, but I do hope you like this chapter. Things take quite the turn XD Thank you so much for all the support I've gotten so far for this, I truly love you all for this so much :3