Chapter 2

Of 2.5 Million Subscribers, Bush Hats, and Passion

And, if one thought that that would be the worst that Jungkook could get in regards to becoming infatuated with another fellow YouTuber, then, they were sorely mistaken. When Jungkook showed an interest in something, he practically invested himself in it. When he had first started to dance, he had taken it upon himself to learn as many styles as he could, burned through as many lessons as possible, and immersed himself into dancing to the point where Jimin, on multiple occasions, had to physically drag him away from the studio they use. The same was with singing: perfecting his vocal range so much that his voice would be gone for a few days from the strain. And, all of this went double for the channel as well: constantly uploading dance videos or song covers or whatever else with Jimin because “this channel is everything to me, hyung, and our fans depend on us to make them a little happier, so, stop bothering me about it and let’s run through this routine one more time”.

Needless to say, when Jungkook was fully aware of the existence of a certain Kim Taehyung, he was absolutely ruined.

Over 30 videos and a couple hundred Instagram posts later, one would hope that the obsession was short-lived since he had already burned through all material available to him in regards to Taehyung.

Well, that was what Jimin had hoped at least. But, unfortunately all of this was just the start of the madness.

 

 

“Hyung, look! He updated with a new video! Awww, it’s of his dog, Soonshim…” Jungkook cooed at the screen, watching as Taehyung excitedly chirped out commands for his puppy to learn. Jimin rolled his eyes. This kid’s gone insane…

In the video, Taehyung let out a laugh, prompting Jungkook to let out a mix between a soft chuckle and an almost girlish squeal.

Hearing the odd noise, Jimin’ eyes snapped up from his phone, gawking at the other. “Jeon Jungkook, did I just hear you giggle?”

Jungkook started, eyes going wide and ears gaining that tell-tale warmth coupled with the reddish hue that came with surprise and embarrassment. “What are you talking about? I don’t giggle. Ever.” He protested adamantly.

“Liar,” Jimin scoffed. “I just heard you!”

“I didn’t!”

The elder of the two shook his head. The guy’s already got the self-proclaimed tough-guy Jeon Jungkook squealing like a baby. “This is going to be one hell of a crush…”

 

 

Over the small amount of time it took for Jungkook to research and learn about Taehyung (it is not stalking, Jimin), there was actually a lot of information that he had soaked in. Practically as much as he knew about G-Dragon.

He knew that Taehyung was about two years older than him, which was also Jimin’s age. He knew that he was obsessed with acting out movie scenes and doing pranks on his friends. He was a junior in university, double majoring in Astrophysics (he’s smart too, Jungkook sighed dreamily) and Dance (that’s gonna be my minor! Jungkook had grinned upon discovery), while minoring in Music. And he also knew that despite Taehyung’s intelligence, he could act like a complete fool in his videos for his fans. Hell, he even noticed that the guy had a tendency of biting his nails every once in a while and saying “Mom” every few seconds.

But he wasn’t obsessed, no matter what a certain midget said.

So, now, he was watching a video of Taehyung wearing these super-cute (super-cute? When the hell was that even in my everyday vocabulary?Maybe Jimin was right…maybe I do have it bad…), round glasses and excitedly talking about the recent pictures of Pluto that some satellite NASA sent out years ago brought back. The way his eyes lit up with excitement and how his words were almost jumbled and slightly tinged with his Daegu accent from talking extremely fast brought a small smile on Jungkook’s face. The look of a person’s face when they were talking about something they were passionate about, that was something Jungkook could really admire.

He may have not understood much of what Taehyung said, with all of his astronomy talk, but Jungkook felt that he could watch him forever.

…Alright, maybe he was a little obsessed.

 

 

Jimin groaned, hearing the now-familiar-because-of-a-stalker-fanboy voice coming from Jungkook’s laptop, as said idiot pulled on a disgustingly adoring face as he watched Taehyung talk to his viewers through the screen for the hundredth time.

“Haven’t you seen this video already?” Oh God, it’s gotten to the point where even Jimin recognized all of his videos. He shook his head bitterly.Stupid, lovesick brat.

“But, this Q&A’s my favorite!” the other protested, turning the volume up in order to hear more about his precious Taehyung’s latest favorite anime.

Jimin grumbled to himself before going into the kitchen to get a snack. Ignoring him, Jungkook turned back to the screen, a small, fond smile, without him realizing, making its way onto his lips.

“Ah! And, this is a question from sharpiesocks01, asking, ‘V-oppa! Who are your favorite YouTubers? ^^’ Well, let’s see, I’ve got a few. Smosh is really funny…” The orange-haired boy put a finger thoughtfully to his lips, and Jungkook grinned, already knowing his incoming answer.

“Oh!” Taehyung beamed at the camera, the “box smile” that his fans had so lovingly dubbed. “There’s actually this channel KookandChim that I really love. It’s these two best friends that do a bunch of song and dance covers and stuff. They live in Seoul too, I think!”

Jungkook resisted the urge to bury his face in his hands and squeal as Taehyung’s smile suddenly turned shy. “I’m really a big fan. Especially of Jungkook from that channel. He’s so good at singing and his dancing’s so sharp, check him out, guys!” Probably just realizing what he had said, Taehyung’s ears slightly tinged pink. “Ah, I mean, check out their channel, they’re pretty great, one of my favorites…heh.” He trailed off awkwardly, before shaking his head slightly (like a puppy, Jungkook gleefully noted) before moving onto the next question.

“Jimin, did you hear that? He likes me!” Jungkook all but shrieked, hugging himself out of joy. “He said he’s my fan!”

Jimin poked his head out of the doorway, eyes practically bulging out of their sockets. “But-I-…I told you that weeks ago, you brat!” He couldn’t believe the audacity of the other, was he even listening to him all those—

“Oh, did you?” Jungkook said absentmindedly as he began scrolling through Taehyung’s Twitter feed. “Guess I didn’t really register that.” The elder of the two continued to splutter incredulously before stalking towards the other, a murderous glint in his eyes.

Thinking about it later, as he gently nursed a sore shoulder (courtesy of a certain Park Jimin), Jungkook supposed he did deserve to be hit for not really listening/remembering. Man, could that midget pack a punch.  

 


Jungkook, I've made you an idiot and I am not sorry. Just some drabbles about Jungkook's fanboying and Jimin's suffering. Next appearance will feature Min Yoongi! :D

I hope everyone likes it and feel free to let me know how I'm doing^^ Gonna need a boost of motivation to get this going since I'm someone that unfortunately struggles with that T_T