a kiss

today (my day starts with you)

 

warnings: underage kissing

 


 

 

jiyong didn’t give much thought about the kiss seunghyun gave him the other night. he just settled with the idea that it was normal since his mother, aunts and grandmother would often do it to him as well. besides, barney did say that friends hug and kiss, or something like that.

monday came rolling around, jiyong was more than excited to go to school because they were learning about animals. he liked that. he wanted to have a pet dog but according to his mother, he was still too young and tiny to take care of a dog. besides, he had mr carrot muncher and he was more than enough to keep him company.

he politely asked his umma if he could have more cookies that day because hyunnie hyung likes cookies and he has to eat lots and lots and lots to grow strong and huge. mrs kwon chuckled and scooped her son in her arms, giving him a very warm hug. she told him how proud she was for having a thoughtful and kind-hearted son. jiyong responded with kisses on his mother cheeks and an “i wuv you” in his most adorable tone.

 

“hyung! hyung! hyung!” jiyong called out as he excitedly entered the kindergarten 2 classroom. the teacher and students were no longer surprised seeing him around for he had been spending his break time with seunghyun everyday.

seunghyun was hunched over his desk, scribbling away on his notebook when jiyong appeared next to him, all giggly and excited. “whatcha doin’ hyung?”

the boy in question quickly closed his notebook and slightly backed away from the younger. jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and moved closer, stretching his arm to reach for the notebook.

“lemme see hyung..” jiyong pouted.

“it’s nothing exciting.”

“so? lemme still see.”

seunghyun shook his head and swiftly tucked the notebook under his desk. “it’s a secret.”

“a secret?” jiyong’s eyebrow raised in curiosity. he slowly tilted his head and kept his eyes on the older boy in front of him. “what is a secret?”

“well..” seunghyun nibbled on his bottom lip and shrugged. “it’s something that should not be known by other people.” he pulled out his own snack bag and put it on top of his desk then began taking out his snacks. he had strawberry crepes for two of course and bananas, for two as well and a small carton of juice for jiyong.

“why can’t i know?” jiyong’s voice slightly trembled and he could feel a hiccup coming. his bottom lip quivered and his eyes began to water.

seunghyun was left speechless at how his dongsaeng looked so he did what his mama did to him when he is about to cry. he pats jiyong’s head and gives the younger boy another kiss on his cheek. “don’t cry little jiyongie. you’ll look ugly if you cry. i don’t know what ugly is but hyeyoun noona said it’s something bad..”

jiyong sniffles and eventually stops tearing up but keeps his eyes on the ground. “hyung won’t let me know what’s in that notebook..”

seunghyun sighs. he stands up and guides jiyong to sit on the chair next to his. he pats jiyong’s hair one last time. “i’ll show it to you next time, i promise.”

jiyong tentatively looks up, there are still evidences of tears on his eyelashes as he bats them.

“pinky pwomise?”

“pinky promise.”

 

**

 

things developed smoothly between jiyong and seunghyun over the years. despite their one year , they still remained as very close friends. they went to the same primary school together, mostly because jiyong wanted to follow his seunghyun school and go to the same school as him. it was also more convenient for jiyong to adjust with seunghyun supporting him.

they still had play dates on weekends, watched the same cartoons, went to the park to play and sometimes studied together although they were in different year levels. they spent their birthdays together, exchanged gifts for christmas, hugs for new years, candies for valentine’s day and so much more. jiyong considered seunghyun as his best friend, they were joined at the hip regardless of their differences as they grew up. at age 6 jiyong started taking ballet lessons due to his mother’s wishes while seunghyun began painting at age 7. at age 8 jiyong took more dancing lessons while seunghyun started training taekwondo at 9. seunghyun was 11 when he declared he would be a renowned painter someday and jiyong promised to buy his paintings as soon as he became an idol. they supported each other’s dream and interests.

jiyong came home all pouty one day. it was spring. the streets were covered in various colors, flowers sprouting graciously and birds chirping melodies but even how beautiful it was, jiyong still couldn’t fight off the clench in his chest. he was 14 and seunghyun was 15, he was in his 2nd year of middle school while seunghyun was in his last year. they were supposed to go home together but seunghyun had to cancel the very last minute, telling him that he had some homework to finish with his classmates. he did apologize but jiyong’s chest was still tight as he walked home alone.

he waited for seunghyun to text him that night but it never happened. he waited again the next day, and the next, and the next.. and before he knew it, three weeks had already passed. he was aware things were going to change especially with seunghyun leaving middle school at the end of the term. he knew how demanding and stressful it was to be a graduating student but seunghyun would always make time for him and if was extremely busy he would still text or call at night. he didn’t notice there were already tears rolling down his cheeks. he was quite hurting but he had to be understanding and patient like seunghyun had been with him when they were younger. he wiped his face and got out of bed. he decided to busy himself with his studies and be productive instead of sulk and feel awful about a friend who didn’t have time to talk to him anymore.

 

**

 

another week passed before seunghyun finally talked to him again. it was rather humid day in may and he had just finished his special class. he had no other plans but to go home and sleep since he barely had the night before, and the nights prior. he clutched his bag tighter as he briskly walked through the lobby packed with tired students. exams were just around the corner so everyone was putting more effort and attending special classes for extra credits. he was a few steps away from the gate when a figure blocked him from doing so. jiyong turned away and tried to pass through but he was blocked again. when he looked up, his knees trembled and eyes widened.

“h-hyunnie hyung.” he meekly mumbles, his hold on his bag tightened.

“hey ji. it’s been a while.” seunghyun grinned down at him. over the years seunghyun grew much taller that jiyong proudly claimed it was because of the milk he supplied the older when they were younger.

“ye-yeah.” jiyong winced at how he was stammering but he couldn’t help it when he was feeling so many things inside him that he couldn’t explain.

“wanna walk together? it’s friday today. maybe we could hang out?”

jiyong breathed heavily. he wanted to be mad but he couldn’t find himself screaming and getting angry at the older boy so he just nodded. seunghyun cocked his head and took the first step with jiyong following him slowly.

they didn’t talk for the rest of the walk. even when seunghyun took his blazer off and loosened his tie. jiyong tried to decipher the emotions coursing through him but to no avail. seunghyun on the other hand let silence stay between them, he didn’t prod any further knowing he was at fault too. he knew how it affected the younger so he waited for jiyong to bring it up first in case he wanted to and if he didn’t and wasn’t ready for it yet, seunghyun would still wait.

jiyong halted when they were about a block away from their houses, his head was hanging low. it was as if a ticking bomb exploded inside of him that left him flustered. seunghyun sensed jiyong’s distress so he paused in his tracks and turned his wheels to face the younger.

“is everything alright ji?”

jiyong stayed quiet. seunghyun stepped closer and slightly bent down to peek at jiyong’s face. jiyong turned away that made seunghyun slightly stunned.

“ji?”

there was no answer so he placed a hand on the younger’s shoulder and as soon as his palm touched the fabric of jiyong’s blazer, his body began shaking and soon there was sniffing sound coming from him.

“hey, why are you crying?” he asks in concern as he began rubbing jiyong’s arm.

“you- you just-“ jiyong hiccupped and harshly wiped his nose with the sleeve of his blazer. “stopped talking to me. i don’t know what i did wrong. do you want to stop being my friend because i’ll still be in middle school while you’re in high school? is it because of my b-braces? o..or because- because i’m not as cool as your classmates?” jiyong’s voice broke at the last few words and seunghyun felt like .

“i’m sorry. . i’m really sorry ji.” seunghyun whispered. “i- i flunked my pre-final quizzes and mama grounded me because of it. i was ashamed to tell you because i knew you knew i was doing good with my studies.” he knew he was at fault and he should have explained it to jiyong earlier but he was scared. and now jiyong was crying because of him.

jiyong gasped and looked up at seunghyun pitifully. the older boy shook his head and looked ahead. “jiyong, don’t. things are fine now so please don’t look at me that way.”

jiyong huffed before he wiped his own tears. “you still should have told me. i could have helped you. i would bring you more cookies and send you encouraging notes.”

“i’m sorry.” seunghyun croaked, reaching to cup jiyong’s cheek. “don’t cry, i’m sorry. i didn’t know what i was thinking.”

“hyunnie,” jiyong murmured, “please tell me things next time. don’t shut me out.” seunghyun nodded. “and you’re not yet forgiven. you have to make it up to me.”

seunghyun smiled and began rubbing small circles over the apple of jiyong’s cheek. “okay. want to stay at my place and eat pizza?”

jiyong laughed and nodded in agreement. “pizza would be lovely.”

 

a little an hour over, the boys were sprawled out on seunghyun’s bed, an empty box of pizza and empty cans of soda on the floor, blazers and bags scattered by the doorway and monsters inc playing on seunghyun’s laptop. they were halfway through the movie when seunghyun heard jiyong’s steady breathing next to him. when he turned to check, the younger boy was already sleeping peacefully. he watched as the other sleep, it should be weird, creeping on someone as they sleep but it didn’t feel any like it. in fact it felt so nice, almost as nice as the first time seunghyun hugged a stuffed toy and felt comfort in doing it. he carefully ran his fingers through the younger’s hair and pushed them back to clear his forehead. jiyong had a habit of wiggling his nose in his sleep and seunghyun thought it was the cutest thing. he let the back of his fingers gently brushed against jiyong’s cheek that was earlier stained with tears before he brought his fingers back to his hair, threading through jiyong’s soft hair.

he turned off his laptop and put it aside before he sent a text to mrs kwon to inform her that jiyong fell asleep on his bed and might be home late because of it. he put his phone beside his laptop then slipped in bed with jiyong, carefully throwing an arm over the younger to pull him close until his head was tucked under his chin.

 

it was already morning when seunghyun woke up, there was a warm weight on top of him and his body felt constricted by the limbs wrapped around him. he slowly opened his eyes and smiled at the sleeping figure that mistook him for a bolster. he didn’t move at all no matter how his muscles were screaming for him to move. he didn’t have the heart to wake the younger boy from his slumber. seunghyun noticed the bags under jiyong’s eyes and how he was drowsing in one of his classes, so he let the boy had his much needed rest. it took an hour before jiyong began to stir, purring and mumbling incoherently as he wiggled in place.

“hyun? what time is it?” jiyong asked, his voice still laced with sleep.

seunghyun blindly reached for his phone to check the time. “7:40 am” he unlocked the phone and opened the message mrs kwon sent the night before, saying not to worry and they should have fun. seunghyun smiled and locked his phone. “wanna sleep some more?”

jiyong shook his head and buried his face closer against seunghyun’s chest. “no. i’ve had enough. how about you hyung?”

seunghyun wanted to stay like that longer, not that it was uncommon for them to cuddle, somehow it felt a little weird and seunghyun wasn’t exactly sure why but jiyong felt so soft and warm, seunghyun wanted to revel it a bit more. “me too. but we can stay like this if you want.”

“mhm.” seunghyun heard jiyong sigh against him so he willed himself to wrap his arms around the younger boy and lightly squeezed him in his hug.

“’i’ve missed you hyung.”

“i’ve missed you too, jiyongie.”

 

they got off the bed a while later and seunghyun lets jiyong shower first as he threw the empty box and cans away and fixed the bed. he also prepared a shirt and a pair of sweatpants for jiyong to use. when jiyong stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his body, seunghyun hurriedly walked pass him without giving a glance and locked himself in the bathroom to have his shower as well.

there was a small pride inside seunghyun when he saw jiyong drowning in his clothes, he looked very cute and seunghyun wondered if jiyong was always this adorable. they went down for breakfast after seunghyun got dressed and greeted mrs choi and hyeyoun who were both dressed up for the day.

“are you going somewhere mama?”

mrs choi had her back turned as she was cooking some fried rice. “yes honey. i’m taking your sister to daegu today where she is going to attend university.”

“yeppp, we’re checking out the dorm i’ll be staying at.” hyeyoun wiggled her eyebrows as she took a sip of her juice.

jiyong giggled and seunghyun gave them both a confused look. “aren’t you checking it a little early? i mean summer hasn’t even started yet.”

“the earlier the better.” mrs choi started, she turned off the stove and transferred the rice into a huge bowl then placed it on the table “i have to be sure if the dorm is safe and there might not be enough space if we inquired later.”

“ahh. but daegu.. isn’t it a little far?”

“not really. KNU offers the best education for the degree i’m taking.”

they talked about KNU and daegu over breakfast hyeyoun’s eyes lit everytime she talked about how excited she was to enter college, it didn’t take long before they left as they would be stuck in traffic if they stayed longer. jiyong called his parents (although he lived across the street) to tell them he was okay while seunghyun cleaned up. his parents would be at work so his mom advised him to stay with seunghyun for the day, jiyong easily agreed thinking they had a few catching up to do. when he hung up seunghyun was already lounging on the couch.

“should we watch some anime?”

jiyong brightened at the idea but his face darkened after remembering his history homework so he scrambled for his bag and pulled out his book. “this wouldn’t take long.”

seunghyun frowned but gave in anyway and made space on the couch for jiyong to sit on. seunghyun pulled out his physics book to revise as well while he had his head resting on jiyong’s lap. they worked in silence for hours before jiyong announces that he was done and ready to burn his book because information overload. seunghyun laughed and pinched jiyong’s nose.

“ouch! that really hurt hyung!”

“i’m sorry.”

“you don’t sound sorry at all.”

“because maybe i am not.”

jiyong gasped. “you are so mean!” he poked seunghyun’s side and when the older’s body responded, he repeated it over and over again until they were in a tickle war. the silent living room was now filled with mixed laughter and pleas from jiyong for seunghyun to stop. but seunghyun didn’t and continued attacking until they rolled off the couch and landed on the carpeted floor. seunghyun groaned when his back met the plush material, his laughter died when jiyong fell on top of him. the younger’s giggles stopped after meeting eyes with the boy under him.

they stared at each other for a while. jiyong’s head began to spin and his heart pounding violently in his chest. the sudden close proximity made him feel so nervous yet at the same time there were strings of electricity coursing through his entire body. they didn’t speak nor break eye contact, jiyong wanted to pull away but he couldn’t. he wasn’t sure if he was breathing properly and it worsened when seunghyun leaned in his head forward, and jiyong pressed their foreheads together. seunghyun felt like his entire body was on fire, heart hammering against his ribs as he looks at jiyong. he couldn’t understand why he was feeling that way, what it meant but all he knew was that his gut was telling him to kiss the boy on top of him.

he glanced down at jiyong’s plump pink lips then searched for his eyes, unsure what he was really searching for but he knew something was there and jiyong although hesitant looked back at him like he was giving access, permission, his trust. jiyong’s breath came out in short, shaky puffs and without thinking much longer, seunghyun tilted his head and pressed his lips on jiyong’s.

it took some moments before jiyong pressed back. there were no fireworks, no dramatic effects like what movies and books say, only that warmth that surged through seunghyun’s veins. it was so profound that the more seunghyun pressed, the more static he felt. jiyong faintly opened his mouth, letting another shaky breath escape his trembling lips. seunghyun heard from a sunbae before that tongues were also used in kissing so he experimentally dragged his moist muscle along jiyong’s soft lips and he felt the younger quiver in his arms.

next he slotted his tongue inside the younger’s mouth and jiyong curls his fingers into the material of seunghyun’s shirt.

jiyong tasted heavenly, like the most delectable dessert that ever existed in this world, and seunghyun wanted more and more but the longer he relished into jiyong’s mouth, the dizzier he became so he pulled away.  

they stared at each other as they both tried to process what had just happened. seunghyun was expecting jiyong to cry and run away, but he didn’t. he was smiling down at seunghyun, his cheeks pink and eyes shining brightly like the stars at night.

seunghyun rubbed small circles up and down jiyong’s back until they both relaxed. jiyong was the first to break away, carefully sitting up and leaning on the couch as he watched seunghyun do the same. they didn’t talk for a while.

jiyong turned to him, it seemed like he was having an internal battle so seunghyun reached for his hand and interlaced their fingers together, soothingly rubbing circles over the back of jiyong’s smaller hand.

the younger closed his eyes, his chest heaved before he pulled his hand away from seunghyun’s hold. seunghyun felt his breathing hitched and heart stopped beating, he stared at the younger pleadingly. he didn’t even know what he was pleading for but he didn’t want jiyong to leave so he moved closer until jiyong was reaching for him. he willingly wrapped the younger in the warmth and safety of his arms while jiyong allowed himself to melt in the older’s hold with his face pressed into the crook of seunghyun’s neck.

 


 

an: i changed the format and writing style of this fic because the previous one didn't work for me anymore :c i also couldn't include dami so let's just say that in this au, jiyong doesn't have a sister (sorry dami!) 

i also tried to make the build up as slow as i could but it had been so long and i just couldn't find my muse to do it. so i hope i didn't disappoint anyone? please let me know what you think! 

 

xo