When Minseok Hyung Cry On His Birthday

When Minseok Hyung Cry On His Birthday

 

 

Minseok’s smile could not fade away. Nothing could pull down his lips from smiling. Even though Joonmyun woke him up at the wrong time this morning (freaking 4 am) so he had to wait a couple hour to actually get ready (because he could not get back to sleep), and Baekhyun spilled a half glass of his carrot juice which smelled awful and extremely had a weird texture on his trousers so the older had to change clothes (seriously, why did Byun Baekhyun drank a carrot juice?), and Jongin drooled on his shoulder on the way to the airport when the younger slept in the car, and the manager miscounted the number of sadwiches he bought so Minseok had to buy himself other food in the airport which costed a lot just for a toast, really, Kim Minseok could not just stop smiling.

Today was a very special day. Not only because it was his birthday, but also because it was Luhan’s first concert. Oh please. Don’t say that you don’t realize that Luhan will hold a concert on his bestfriend’s birthday. It was all set up! Luhan had asked his crew to hold the concert at that date and when the crew finally said okay (after a loooong consideration) the doe-eyed boy told Minseok immediately. Minseok was all excited and told his manager immediately too that he wanted to watch the concert so badly. Well, his wish was granted. EXO was having a schedule in Shanghai today and after the said schedule finished, Minseok was allowed to fly to Beijing. Minseok thought he could not ever be happier on his birthday.

But, the universe said different thing. EXO was just finished their schedule in Shanghai. The crowd was something and their performance was flawless. Minseok had finished taking a bath and was ready to go to the airport along with the members. He felt giddy with excitement. But then the manager said the van could not come in time because of the traffic. Minseok a lil bit panicked. The other members were not helping at all. At time like this, they decided to show their most obnoxious and annoying self up. Minseok sighed in desperation when the manager said they could not make it. Minseok was disappointed.

Minseok tried to call Luhan afterward, but after several calls, he only got nothing. Of course Luhan would be busy with the preparation. The manager took a pity of him then decided to find other number that could connect them to Luhan at this time. The promotor number was fortunately worked! But they could not connect Minseok to the Chinese man, so Minseok only delivered his apologize to Luhan through the person he called.

Chanyeol and Jongdae knew nothing when they accidentaly fell on Minseok’s side after a playful body wrestling they played to wait the driver’s arrival when Minseok suddenly yelled. Everybody in the room went silent. Kyungsoo woke up immediately from his slumber. The atmosphere in the waiting room was so tensed, nobody was even brave enough to move their finger.

Minseok realized his mistake immediately then apologized for yelling and startling them all. He did not expect tears rolling down his cheek after he said sorry. Sehun came sitting next to Minseok than patted his hyung’s shoulder several time, tried to calm him down. Minseok muttered his apologize again and again in between his palms which covered his face now. He was disappointed with himself.

The universe went too far this time. So it turned the situation upside down. The manager said that the flight was delayed. He also called several staff from the event if they could borrow a car. So there they were, Minseok finally arrived on time to the airport. The members sent him words of encouragement through their chat group (they were left behind and had to wait for their van before leaving). Minseok finally smiled again.

He felt very excited when he was seated in the venue. He arrived just several minutes before the concert started. Minseok was a very well prepared person in every occassion. He did not come empty handed when he stepped in the hall. He instead brought lightstick and a hand fan with Luhan’s face on it, like a very devoted fanboy he was. When the light suddenly out, which signed that the concert was just about to start, the person next to Minseok clumsily dropped his phone. The phone was laid near Minseok’s feet, so the cat-eyed boy took it. Minseok’s eyes got wider to see the owner of the phone. He pulled his masker down to speak.

“Yixing-ah! What are you doing here?” He could not hold his voice at the lower volume, forgetting the probability of their getting caught in the middle of ex-member concert.

Yixing took his phone from Minseok first then waved his hand with no exact expression. He also pulled down his masker then said with a blank face, “Why are you so surprised hyung?” He said in a flat tone.

Then, suddenly, very surprisingly, two heads popped out from beside Yixing’s seat.

“Minseok hyung, happy birthday.” Was said along with “Minseokkie, annyeong.”

Yifan and Tao were there too! Minseok eyes got wider if that was even possible. Minseok was speechless at first, but he forgot that as the concert started. They had a good chat in between the concert. They shared their excitement together. This was the best birthday ever! Minseok thought. Nothing could beat this kind of surprise, really. That was what he thought. But the universe had other hidden surprises awaited Minseok in less than two hours later.

When the concert was finished (it was extremely amazing and Luhan was just glowing), they went to the backstage to meet Luhan in person. Yixing, Yifan, and Tao met some Chinese artists in the midway to Luhan’s room, so they had to stop. Minseok was too impatient to join the conversation he would not understand though, so he permitted himself to walk to Luhan’s room first.

Minseok opened the door to a room with Luhan’s name on the door. He opened it very slowly until he saw the face he was longing for too long. Luhan was facing him, with a bouqet of flowers, smiling like a beautiful angel he was.

“Happy birthday, Minseok-ah.”

Minseok did not know his heart was that sentimental when he shed tears with his sleeve. “I am the one who suppossed to bring you flower. You jerk!” Minseok took the bouqet then circled his other arm to Luhan’s waist. He burried his crying face to Luhan’s chest, hitting the taller man’s back several times before finally held him tight into a hug.

Luhan just laughed then wrapped his arms around Minseok’s middle back. “I thought you couldn’t come.”

Minseok pulled his body to distant his face with Luhan. “I was...” he was about to explain when the door was opened behind them.

Minseok pulled himself away, this position was going to gain misunderstanding if people see. He neated his clothes nervously then turned around.... just to see the other members, ten of them, coming in with a cake carried by Jongdae. They all sang happy birthday for him excitedly. Sehun jumped happily on his spot at the end of the song. Tao made a big heart sign by his joined hand with Baekhyun’s. All of them were smiling. Minseok was the only one crying. His legs felt weak, he was about to fall if Luhan did not hold his arm. Minseok’s chest felt tight, it hurt by the exploding emotions. He felt extremely happy.

“You guys—“ Minseok tried to form a proper sentence but he failed miserably, making the other laugh in a teasing way.

“We planned this, hyung. Lu-ge also know this. Happy birthday.” Joonmyun side-hugged Minseok.

“You’re lucky I can make it this time.” Yifan smiled mischievously. Minseok laughed in between his crying. He promised he always had the urge to slap that smile of Yifan away since the younger was still in EXO, but he always managed to hold back.

One by one, they planted a kiss on Minseok’s face. EXO’s birthday ritual. Most of them wished him health and happiness for the year. When it came to Yixing’s turn, the younger smiled fondly.

“Why are you so surprised hyung?” he said the exact same words when they met in the venue before. Minseok could not hold back this time, he really hit Yixing’s head hard, making the other members laugh. Only Sehun was worried by the action.

“Hyung! You’re just making this lamb becomes dumber.” Everyone laughed once again at that.

Luhan was the last person to give Minseok his birthday kiss. They faced each other, with Luhan’s palm on Minseok’s cheeks. They stared for a while, enjoying the presence of each other. Luhan’s eyes were still as adorable as the last time Minseok saw it. Minseok wanted to stop the time. This time, when they looked into each other’s eyes, feeling deeply fond of each other, was the best moment, not only on his birthday, but of his life. Minseok smiled.

“Happy birthday.” Luhan closed the distance between them then kissed Minseok’s lips tenderly. They did not know how long it was already when Tao suddenly said.

“Eww gross.” Minseok and Luhan pulled away, flustered. Everyone glared at the kungfu panda. Baekhyun was the one who hit him hard.

“You ruin the moment, panda!”

“How dare you ruin the beautiful scene!” Came Chanyeol’s headlock.

Minseok laughed. When he saw all the members play around happily, he prayed silently, for god to protect the smile of the twelve of them, the laugh of his twelve most precious dongsaengs in life. Minseok shed his tears again.