Chapter 05

You're My Inspiration

You raced up the stairs at the university with a nice Chai Tea Latte in your hand.
*Please don’t be there, please don’t be there!* You continued saying that in your head as you entered the lecture hall. You poked your head into the classroom, relieved that Sungyeol wasn’t there yet.
You sighed in relief and sat down in your seat. Just as you bent down in your seat to get your notebook and pen, you felt a shadow over you. You looked up and blinked in surprise.
Sungyeol simply took the drink and waved goodbye. He sat down in his seat, and just when he was about to drink it, you snatched it away with a glare.
He smirked,”I see you’re doing something now.”
“Shut up.”,you snarled and went back to your desk.
You felt his eyes on you even after you sat down yet you pretended not to notice and tapped the bottom of the pen against the desk. You felt a presence next to you and looked up.
“You know, you’re different than other girls.”,Sungyeol leaned against your desk while looking down at you.
“Why do you say that?”,you tilted your head.
“Well, one, you’re not swooning over me like other girls.”,he pointed out.
“Please. No girls swoon over you.”,you rolled your eyes. *So conceited.*
“Oh really?”,he jabbed his thumb across the room to two girls who were squealing, happy that Sungyeol at least acknowledged them.
“Well, you’re different from other guys too.”,you pointed out.
“And how is that?”,he poked your latte.
“One, you took my drink. Do you see any other guys here doing that?”,you said pointingly.
“Yeah, that guy over there.”,he nodded at a student who was taking his girlfriend’s drink to .
“They’re a couple! It’s okay for couples to do that.”,you muttered.
“Then are you saying we should be a couple?”,he raised an eyebrow.
“NO!”,you squealed, causing everyone to look at you.
You face-palmed yourself,”No, I did not mean it that way, you immature freak.”
“Immature freak?!”,he gaped at you.
“Yes, immature freak.”,you repeated and dusted his hand off your desk,”Now go back to your seat. You’re blocking my view from the board.”
Sungyeol didn’t reply but simply walked back to his seat and smirked at you from behind. *She’s fun to tease.*
--
It was loud and noisy in Kwangmin, Youngmin, and Minwoo’s classroom. Kwangmin had his head buried his in arm while trying to drown out all the noise. *So annoying.* Youngmin was simply leaning back in his chair while watching all of the hooligans run around the classroom since his desk was in the far back. Minwoo, whose desk was in the middle, frowned when a paper ball hit his head. He glanced up at the clock and saw that it was only 1:00 p.m, which was two hours away from when the bell would ring, dismissing the students.
“SIT DOWN!”,the principal came in and demanded.
At his demand, everyone sat down.
He rubbed his temples while letting out a frustrated sigh,”Where’s Mr. Lee?”
“He left an hour ago.”,a student that was leaning back in his chair answered. He leaned back too far and the chair flopped over,”WAH!”
“Idiot...”,Youngmin muttered under his breath while Minwoo covered his mouth and looked away before anyone could catch him laughing. Kwangmin was already dead to the world as he fell asleep.
The principal scrunched his face up in disgust,”Aigoo, look at you guys. How can an art class be like this?”
“Well, sir, art classes are unique and I believe we already have a unique student.”,one of Youngmin’s admirers pointed at him.
“That’s it. I’m getting you guys a new teacher. One that will actually do something about this class.”,he muttered before slamming his palm on Kwangmin’s desk, causing him to startle awake,”Woah.”
The principal his heels and left. As soon as his footsteps disappeared down the hall, the students began loudly chatting again as it had before.
In the senior classrooms where Donghyun, Jeongmin, and Hyunseong were, it was quiet as the students were taking a test.
*Wait, if the question’s asking this and I chose this... then it’s wrong?* Hyunseong tilted his head, confused. He caught a glimpse of Jeongmin’s paper and saw that his answer was marked as B. Hyunseong shrugged and changed his answer to B as well.
Donghyun was already finished with his test and was listening to his iPod but even through his earphones, he could hear the loud chatter coming from the junior classrooms in which the other three were in. His mind drifted off to you and he began to wonder what his wonderful noona was doing.
--
You sighed for the umpteenth time that afternoon and slammed a hand on your head.
You were in the library with your partner for the art project that was due in two weeks, but unfortunately, your partner was being uncooperative.
“SUNGYEOL!”,you burst and slammed your notebook on his head.
“OW!”,he shrieked and lifted his head from the desk,”WHAT?!”
“Help me with this, dammit!”,you frowned, frustrated with him.
“Oh wow, you cuss? You don’t look like someone that would.”,he shrugged and rotated his neck,”Just go grab a book and we’ll trace a drawing or something.”
“Why did you even take art as your major if you’re not even willing to make art.”,you muttered and kicked your feet back and forth under your chair.
“Are you saying that I don’t have any artistic abilities?”,he raised an eyebrow as he rested his arms behind his head.
“If you did, then why would you need to trace a book’s drawing?”,you challenged.
“If you did, then why do you need my help?”
“Oh my God, it’s a PARTNER PROJECT, SUNGYEOL!”
“So? Just draw it and write my name at the top under yours or something.”,he rolled his eyes.
“I hate you.”,you muttered under your breath and grabbed your pencil as you began to sketch nonsensical things on the poster board.
“Fine, I’ll show you how artistic I am.”,Sungyeol picked up his pencil and began sketching an amusement park with much detail.
You blinked at the unfinished drawing and then you looked up at his concentrated face. He had a soft expression on as he began to sketch the merry-go-round.
You decided to help and asked,”...Where should I draw the people?”
“Here, here, and here.”,he actually gave you a real answer and pointed out where.
After 3 hours flew by quickly from yours and Sungyeol’s drawing, it was finally time to color.
“Hey, color the-”,he looked at you while holding up a brown color pencil.
Your head was on the desk and it was obvious that you had fallen asleep while waiting for him to finish sketching the roller coaster.
Sungyeol put the color pencil down and rested his head on his arm while observing your facial features closely.
He warily reached out and pushed your bangs away from your face and smiled in content.
After watching you for about 3 minutes, he began to finish coloring the project.

-----

OMGOMGOMG IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I LAST UPDATED HGBHSAJRKBGHSARDBHG ;n;