High School Crush

Crazy About You

Sungjong didn't want to tell his best friends about how he feels. Probably because he was still in denial with what he really feels and he doesn't want it to develop any further. He has no time for crushes, he thought. 


But his actions doesn't agree with all that. Let's look back all the way to why he was in the Student Council in the first place. Actions speak louder than words. 

 

During lunch, he didn't realize he was talking about Myungsoo. 
    "Do you really like him now?" Hoya teased.
Kinda. "NO! Maybe interested... But not like like him."
    "Okay." Hoya and Woohyun said in unison with a sarcastic voice. 

There's no use to explaning, he thought. Even he can't defend himself against himself

These past few days, Myungsoo and Sungjong always meet around the campus. They would talk for a short while and ask how each other's day is. Sungjong feels so loved with all the attention he gets from all the students, specially Myungsoo. Sometimes they would tease each other, talk about families and a lot of random topics. It happened for weeks and weeks. Sungjong was so afraid of falling deeper. He doesn't want that to happen. He told himself he won't let himself get to that point where he can't get by a day without talking to Myungsoo. 

But it did happen. 

He would notice himself demanding for his attention. He would rather look stupid than not to get noticed by Myungsoo at all. He feels so happy. It's a new feeling and it always make his day. It's like finally knowing what the other students are talking about. He finally get it when girls try to act cute, even stupid, in front of the boys they really like. He smiles when he sees couple instead of feeling bitter. He knows how it feels when love songs play on the radio. It was sweet. He just realized that. 

Everything is really different when you're in lo.....have interest in someone. He stopped himself before he could say it.

But Myungsoo became so busy, he hardly even visit the second floor, where they always meet. He doesn't even show himself outside the classroom. I guess that's the life of first sections right? Sungjong thought. 

It was new to him. Getting by a day without even talking or hearing a single word from him. It's not like they know each other for a year. But getting used to talking to someone for weeks to months as his daily routine then suddenly you won't hear a single word from him, it ruined his schedule. And his mood. And his feelings. He can't even keep up with the Student Council's work, they were forced to remove him from his position. He was sad. Not because he's not in the Student Council anymore, but rather, he has no instant access to talk to guy he has "interest" in. Everything kept on felling apart.

Myungsoo is like a VIP Student. Talking to him gives you instant fame. Whether it's girls thinking you're trying to flirt with him, or you're smart or popular to even communicate with him. Sungjong's now neither. And that's awful. 

Not having what you want makes you want for it more. 

Sungjong is completely off from the girls' radar. He's no one...again. He doesn't have that Student Council I.D. that has the "Secretary" word flashing even from the other side of the corridor. He's back to square one. Being a complete ordinary student, and not being able to talk to Myungsoo. And not talking to Myungsoo. 

But one day, he approached Myungsoo. It wasn't normal because they would have a conversation naturally before, but right now he's desperate for Myungsoo's attention. 

    "Hey." Sungjong smiled.
    "Oh hey. What's up? I've been so busy right? Too many school works coming up." 
That's like the longest I have heard from him. 
    "Oh, really?" He smiled and they both nodded. It was super awkward that Sungjong has to excuse himself first. 
    "Uhm. I have to go." He smiled. 
    "Okay." Myungsoo replied and went on his way. 

 

Why the heck would I dismiss it first?! I've been dying to talk to him and yet i'm a freaking coward.

 

He felt like crying. He wants his attention so bad. He wants to talk to Myungsoo so bad! I mean, what's with him? Yeah, he's gorgeous but that doesn't mean he's so addicted to him because of that. 

Yeah. 

That's it.

That's the right term. 

Addicted. 

He finally cleared it to himself that he is in fact, addicted, to Myungsoo. Why? 

Okay. 

Maybe because he makes him laugh? 

He makes him smile? 

Myungsoo makes his day just by saying hi?

He loves the way Myungsoo bothers asking how his day was?

He loves the way he's charismatic, not all physically but when he talk as well? 

The way he's so fit into what the Medium told him his future is? 

Or just simply Myungsoo being Myungsoo? 

Whatever it is, he was sure. It was all of the above.  

He finally gave in. Overthinking on the way home didn't made him feel any better. He just admitted to himself that he is in fact attracted to him. That he likes him. That he's so "addicted" to him. His heart beats so fast just seeing him. He kept on telling himself it's impossible because they hardly even know each other. Or maybe they do. Time cannot define your friendship...or love, for each other, right? 

They would see each other in the hallway. Myungsoo will smile and Sungjong would earn bunch of glares from other girls. He's nothing now, right? He has to remember that. But... what happened? One day, they're friends, the next they're nothing? How would that happen? 

He was so used to Myungsoo being his friend even though they hardly talk this past few days. They hardly even see each other from the hallway. Until one day, he realized. He's now invisible. He was so caught up in following Myungsoo that he seems to be left behind. 

Myungsoo is now someone who can't even recognize him among the crowd. Myungsoo had his own life going on and he felt like he was left on the ground. Myungsoo is now a real VIP student.

Myungsoo is now part of the soccer team, he would still ace his studies, but Sungjong? He's still in section 5. 

He's still in the lowest section of all. 

He's still not improving.

His grades are still average to low. 

He's still not part of the Student Council. 

He was so down. He's nothing. He's invisible. To Myungsoo. He's never good enough for Myungsoo. He will never be friends with Myungsoo. And Myungsoo will never like him. It's a common drama bull, Sungjong thought. When the other half is so good, you seem like you're just a dirt to them.

Yeah, he know. He know exactly what and who he is. He know exactly what and who Myungsoo is. He knows exactly what's going on. 

But that doesn't stop himself from being addicted to Myungsoo. He really really likes Myungsoo realizing he can't have him. You can't just simply take off something from you like a sticker when you don't feel like sticking it to you any longer. His feelings for Myungsoo are sticked to himself with a super glue. And the more he tries to take that off, the more he'll get hurt.

Yeah. He doesn't want that. He'd rather own up to his feelings than to die internally and not recognize it at all because he knows that will never happen. He'll somehow find a way just for Myungsoo to notice and talk to him again. 

So right now? 

 

 

 

The stalking begins.