Final

Forgive Me, Yeobo ♡
Chanyeol stood up in front of you, still in his trench coat and dance clothes. His arms were folded above his chest. 
 
"What did you do?"
 
"I-I.."
 
"Just tell me what happened." He growled, his facial expression not changing. 
 
"I'm sorry." Your hung your head low. 
 
"You're sorry? Sorry? " He let out an annoyed chuckle. "My beloved grandfather gave it to me before he passed. I trusted you! And now all you can say is sorry ?!"
 
You nodded slowly. 
 
"If you really knew how much it meant to me, you would've taken much better care of it!" He yelled at you. 
 
At this point, your body was trembling. Letting him see you cry was the last thing you wanted to do. 
 
"Forget it." He pushed past you, intentionally bumping on your shoulder so you'd hit the wall beside you. 
 
You winced in pain, but made sure your face was flat as you turned around to go to your bedroom. 
 
He slammed the door after going out. Usually, he would say something like "I'm going, jagi. Love you!" Or "Make sure you rest before I come home!" 
 
But this time, he was silent. His silence made you even more petrified. He would never fuss about such petty things. Petty was what you thought it was, but to him, it's a different story. 
 
You silently cried to yourself. You wanted to tell him what really happened, but you didn't want him to be in dispute with his own mother, so you took the blame for her. 
 
After half an hour of intense weeping, you slowly got a grip of yourself. "Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale." You said to yourself. 
 
Gradually, your eyelids become heavy of sleep. You switched off all sources of light and fell into a light slumber. 
 
***
 
When he came back, he was surprised to see that all the lights were off. He sped-walked into your shared bedroom to find you sleeping sideways, only occupying a quarter of the queen sized bed.
 
Seeing this, Chanyeol softened. You never forgot about him, even if you just had a terrible fight. He sat on the edge of the bed, facing you. 
 
His eyes trailed on every single facial feature of yours that he once said was perfect. He stopped the moment he reached your swollen, red eyes. 
 
Instinctively, his hands reach up to touch your face, with the intention of wiping your tears. To his surprise, you flinched at his gentle touch and immediately sat up. 
 
Your faces were mere inches apart, and your breathing became heavy. 
 
"Jagiya, gwaenchanayo?" He asked, face filled with worry. His hands made contact with your shoulder but you moved backwards. 
 
"No, no! Please don't be scared. You're not afraid of me, right?" He asked, slowly crawling to your retreating figure. 
 
By now, your back has met your bed's frame. Still gasping for air, you pulled on your sheets to hide your tear-stained face. 
 
"Were you... Crying?" There was a short pause. "Because of.. Me?" 
 
You shook your head. 
 
"Don't lie, jagi. I know you did. Just please, don't avoid me." He pleaded, reaching out to grab your wrist. You stayed silent. 
 
"I know I overreacted. And I'm sorry for that. But, would you mind telling me what happened?" 
 
Without warning, you burst into tears. As if on queue, he wrapped his arms around you and let his warmth radiate through your shaking figure. 
 
Once you stopped crying, he let you to take deep breaths before repeating the question. After one last sigh, you began to explain. 
 
"Your mom came to see you today, but you were obviously in practice. I told her you'd be home by tonight so she left her gifts for you in the living room and offered to help me clean. I refused at first, but she insisted so I allowed her to do so." You gulped. 
 
"When we were cleaning, she accidentally hit your grandfather's vase with the broom. She was so panicked, as she knew how precious it was to you. She would've gotten a heart attack had I not told her that I'd figure it out." You continued, seeing your husband's face less anxious had a domino effect on you. You felt a little relaxed. 
 
"When I tried fixing it, I was so nervous because some of the broken pieces were so small, I could barely collect all of them. I did whatever I could to fix it." You took a few moments to regain yourself and continued. "In the end, it didn't turn out as good as new and I knew you'd notice." 
 
"But jagi... Why didn't you just tell me from the start?" 
 
"I didn't want you to get angry with your mother, so I thought it would be best if I took the blame. Anyway, I know you're tired and you probably want someone to vent all your exasperation into. I understand." 
 
Chanyeol squeezed you even tighter than before, being grateful that he had married someone so submissive, who isn't afraid to take someone else's consequences to protect their loved ones. 
 
"I'm so sorry, yeobo. Forgive me?" He whispered softly. 
 
"Of course." You replied with a small smile.
 
He kissed your forehead and pulled the covers above the both of you, pulling you with him to dreamland. 
 

 

FORGIVE AUTHOR-NIM FOR THE BAD ENDING. 

It's freaking 12 am here and i have school tomorrow. Yikes. 
 
Anyways, thanks for reading! 
 
applepie1068