Hiding Spot

Super... New Evolution?

 

YG Building. Park Bom.

 

 

 "Oh no, I hear someone coming..." Hyukjae whispers to Bom, rushing her.

"Mmm?"  Is all she can manage to say.

"Okay, you run for it. Hyung and I will distract them,"  Henry adds seriously.  Ahh!!!   Bom thought, she turns from side to side, struggling to get up from the table.  It was 2NE1's trainer, Hwangsaboo-ssi.

"Bom? Bom? Where are you?"  They hear him call distantly, his voice echoing down the halls.

"What are you doing? Go!" Henry and Hyukjae urge.

"Ah! I don't know! Ah!"  The door opens, without even looking to the sound she turns her back to the door, and quickly walks out of the other door at the opposite end of the room.  Hwangsaboo sees her, and is about to follow her, but Hyukjae and Henry run right in front of him, trying to block his view.

"Wait, where's Bom going?" Hwansaboo asks, trying to look behind the two boys.

"I dunno,"  Henry shrugs as he and Hyukjae movie and wiggle around to make sure they were blocking Bom from his view. The door on the other end closes shut, with a loud bang.

"Excuse me, I have to go talk to Bom,"  Hwansaboo says, slightly irritated.

"Oh, well actually… I… needed to ask you about some… strength building exercises" Hyukjae quickly rebuts, nodding vigorously.  Henry caught on to what Hyukjae was trying to do,

"Yeah, I some need help with my... My... Arbs... I mean  abs…  and arms." Henry adds immediately afterwards, weakly flexing his muscles.  Hwangsaboo looks at them with pursed lips, then says,

"But I have to stop Bom from-"

"Oh, let's go now!" Henry almost shouts.

"Yeah, we don't have time to waste!" Hyukjae yells just as loud as the two push Hwangsaboo in the other direction.

 

 

 

                Luckily, they were able to save Bom. They really hoped Bom would appreciate their sacrifice for her, because for the next week, their arms were just about as useful as noodles.

 

 

 

                Meanwhile, while the two boys are enduring great sacrifice, Park Bom scurries away down the halls of the YG building; all while holding an open can of kernels in one hand, and a spoon in the other. She can't hear anything or anyone behind her, so she looks back while hurrying forward. She turns her head back forward, right before crashing  into Jungsoo.

"Ah!"  She and he exclaim as they both abruptly stop.

"Bom, where are you going?"  he asks, surprised. He wasn't paying attention either.

"I... Need to go. If you see Hwangsaboo-nim, don't tell him you saw me."  Jungsoo looks at the kernels in her hand and laughs.

"Okay I won't, by the way, have you seen Kyuhyun recently?  I told him that we needed to get our outfits customized and altered before our performance on inkigayo this Sunday..."

"Kyu?... I haven't actually, maybe he's with Giyoung or Minji"  Park Bom answers after some thought.

Jungsoo is about to say something else, but Bom isn’t paying attention; she hears footsteps echoing faintly.

"Bommie unnie..."  Someone calls from a distance. CL,  Bom thought,  she's probably finding me for Hwangsaboo. Run.

"Sorry Jungsoo, I gotta go now! Remember! I was NOT here!"  And she runs off. She makes a sharp left and runs halfway down the hall.

 

"… Bommie is NOT over there, I have NOT seen her!"  Bom hears Jungsoo enunciate, emphasizing the 'NOT'.  ... Jungsoo is so... That was too obvious, now she’s gonna   find me,   She thinks to herself, slightly shaking her head.   Footsteps begin to sound again, but Bom reaches a dead end.  Where do I go now? Oh no. Oh no. Wait a second.

 

 

 

                She quickly opens the door of a storage closet, backing in to make sure CL didn't see her go in. She closes the door shut and remains still; clutching the can in both of her hands.  The footsteps stop at the end of the hall, just in front of the storage room.

 

"Hmmm... I guess Jungsoo oppa wasn't lying when he said Bommie unnie isn’t here. I wonder why he was speaking so funny then, hmm. Oh well, Jungsoo  is Jungsoo."  CL muses. Shortly afterwards, her footsteps echo on until Park Bom couldn’t be heard anymore.

 

 

 

                Phew, that was close,  Bom thought.  Right after, she notices that the storage room was surprisingly light, considering there were no windows and no lights on. She looks to the source of light, turning around. The light came from the back corner of the storage closet.  Kyuhyun was sitting cross legged on the floor, with the laptop in his lap. He looks at her, wide eyed, curious.

 

"Noona...? What are you doing in here?"  He asks, still curious

"What are YOU doing in here?"  She asks, mirroring his face.

"Hiding from Teukie hyung, he wanted us to get our clothing altered today. But I don't wanna go, it's so boring, and I don’t even think I need it" He shrugs. What a funny character Kyu is, she thinks as she chuckled a little.

"So... You'd rather sit in a storage room... With no light?" She asks, partially laughing.

"Yeah. Better than going outside, there's no Wi-Fi there."  Hahahahaha, GameKyu.

"So, what are you doing here noona?"  Kyu asks again. Bom just shakes the can of kernels in her hand, Kyuhyun lets out  chuckle.

"Oh Noona, again?"  He asks, in between his airy laughs.

"Hey! It's not my fault, if the just  let  me eat it, I wouldn't have to run."  She explains, smiling.

"Yep... That's true. It's like if they just let me play video games whenever I want, I don't have to avoid my members either." He nods in agreement. They both laugh at themselves;  this was something that they had in common:  Avoiding their members to do what they want.

"So... Do you wanna watch videos? I'm just searching around YouTube." Kyuhyun asks, grinning.

"Sure!" She says cheerfully as she goes to sit beside Kyuhyun, who moved the laptop so it was in the centre of both them. He chuckles as she sits down.

"What?" a confused Bom asks.

"You love corn so much that you eat it with TWO spoons?"  He asks, still laughing.  Huh, I guess  I grabbed an extra one from the table while I was panicking, she thinks. She laughs a little too.

 

 

 

 

They were 2 minutes into the video when Bom asks, "Do you want some corn?”  not looking away from the screen.   Kyuhyun doesn’t move, or answer, so she shakes the can gently towards him, encouraging him to eat it.  Should I eat some of it? She never usually shares her corn. He debates in his head.

 

"... Okay." He says, taking a spoon.

 

 

 

And so, Kyuhyun and Bom just sat, watching YouTube videos while eating spoonful after spoonful of kernels; hiding from their members, in their new favorite hiding spot.