three: new friend

opposites

Mirae 

"You're really pathetic, you know that??" I said angrily. "What are you talking about?" Seolhyun tried playing dumb. "Beating up a freshie? Really? Why? Because Sarang's boyfriend looked at her? Why don't you guys go beat up her boyfriend?" 
"Why are you defending that stupid girl??" Seolhyun asked angrily. "You're the one defending the stupid girl Sarang." I said. The principal came towards us. "I need to speak with you girls." I saw them walk away and Seolhyun glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders and left. 

Seolhyun wasn't at practice. Assuming she was in detention. Our team practiced outside where the football players were practicing. I saw Joo Hyuk with them. Guess he made the team. He saw me looking at winked at me. I turned away really fast and focused on our stunts. 

Both practices ended at the same time. When I was leaving to my car I saw Joo Hyun sitting on a bench outside. "Hey, you're still here?" I sat beside her. She nodded. "Oppa doesn't want me walking home alone. So he told me to wait for him to finish practice." 
"Ahh, you guys walk? Do you guys live close?" I asked. "Yeah.." 
"I could drive you guys, Joo Hyuk might be tired from practice and its gonna get dark soon." I offered. "No its ok! We always walk home." 
"You sure? Its no trouble really." 
"Lets ask Oppa when he comes out." 
"Ask Oppa what?" We both shot our heads around and saw Joo Hyuk. "Did you guys need a ride home?" I asked. "Uh yeah sure that'd be great." He said. The 3 of us walked to the car and we got in. Joo Hyun and I in the front and Joo Hyuk in the back with his stuff. "Turn here.." Joo Hyun said. 
"Alright thanks for the ride." They both said. "Yeah it was no trouble." 
"Hey can we get your number? We should all hang out sometime." Joo Hyuk said. I didn't really put thought into it and said yes. We typed our numbers into each others phones. 

When I got home Minjoon was knocked out on the couch. I sighed and put his dishes in the sink. "Hey Mirae!" 
"AHHHH!!!!" I jumped and the dishes shattered on the floor. "Damn girl chill!" It was my older sister Minah. "Oh my god Unni what are you doing here??" I asked trying to catch my breath. "Came to check up on you. Surprised Minjoon showed up.." She said. "Well, I'm ok.. Minjoon is ok. We're good." 
"How long is Mom and Dad's business trip?" 
"No idea. Why?" I answered.
"Mirae you can come and stay with me until they get back." 
"No, I don't wanna trouble your husband." I said and cleaned up the shattered plate. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I mentally slapped myself for saying that. Minah's husband was a douche bag. We told her that but she didn't believe us. He got her pregnant in high school and they got married right after. "Nothing, sorry I just had a rough week, ok?" I said. "What happened??" She asked worriedly. "Seolhyun beat up some innoccent girl at school. I caught her and saved the girl." 
"Oh, good job. That girl must be thankful. Seolhyun was always a .." I stopped and wondered why I became her friend in the first place. I've seen the way she treated people. I've seen how fake she was. I've seen how she flirted with other people even though she has a boyfriend. Why? I remember when we first met. Freshman year and I didn't know anyone. She came to me and we became the most well known friends at school. Gosh I was so pathetic. 

The next day at school I walked to my first hour . Before I walked in Seolhyun grabbed my wrist. "What the do you want?!" I said and shook her hand off. "I got kicked off of the squad because of you!" SHe screamed. "Um how is that my fault ?! You're the one who decided to beat up an innoccent girl!" Everyone crowded around us. "It was none of your damn business!!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now. "I was not gonna let a poor little freshman get hurt because of you and Sarang!" 

 

 

Joo Hyuk P.O.V

"Wah Seolhyun and Mirae are fighting !" "Lets go watch!!" I widened my eyes. Joo Hyun and I ran there to see what was happening