one: Introductions

opposites

Mirae P.O.V

Hey I'm Mirae. I'm 16 years old and a cheerleader for my school. People consider me 'popular.' I don't really like being popular. All the other popular kids are fake es. I don't really have a real friend. Just people I know and talk to occasionally. "Hey Mirae!!" I turn around and see Seolhyun. She's the only popular person thats not completely a . But she can be. "Hey.." I said in a monotone voice. "Lets head to practice!!" We walked together to practice and started to warm up. "Hey Mirae!" "Mirae ! Whats up?" "How are you Mirae??" I greeted all of them. Its sad to say that they only like me because I'm 'popular.' 

"Alright guys! Lets start!" Our captain Areum said. We practiced our stunts and routines for an hour. "Not good enough! Everyone take a lap! Except for Mirae." I raised my brows. All the girls groaned and jogged around the football field. I felt bad so I joined them. "Why are you running??" Seolhyun asked. I ignored her and just continued to jog with them. I didn't ask for special treatment. After we finished our 10 laps we all knocked out on the grass. "Mirae! I said you didn't have to run." Areum said . "Its okay, I didn't do so well with the stunts. I should run with them." I said. She tried to hide her eye roll. 

After practice I drove home. I got back to an empty house. "Business trip. Hold down the house. Minjoon will check in. Love Mom and Dad." I read aloud. It was always like this. Minjoon was my older brother. He almost never checked in. Minjun, my older sister did once in a while but she has her own family to take care of so I told her I'll be ok by myself. 
I dropped my stuff in my room and went to take a shower. Once I finished I went to find myself some dinner. The team was going out for dinner and invited me but I said I needed to get home. Hmm Mom left me so kimchi. I got some for myself and went to the living room and the TV. This was my life. School, practice, eat, sleep. Nothing special in my life. My eyes started to get heavy and I was off to bed. 

Joo Hyuk P.O.V

"OPPA! HURRY UP OR WE'LL BE LATE!!" Joo hyun shouted. I was finishing my hair and was out the door. "What took you so long??" Joo Hyun asked. "Gotta look good for my first day." I said and smirked. She rolled her eyes and walked ahead of me. 
When we arrived to school Joo hyun and I went to the office to get our schedules. "Good luck with your first day of high school." I said and went off to my first class. I've transferred schools way too many times. But my parents promised me that we'd stay here until Joo hyun graduates. I walked into class which was language arts and went to the teachers desk. "Annyeonghaseyo. Nam Joo Hyuk imida." I said and bowed. "Ah annyeong. I'm Mr.Ahn. I'll introduce you to the class." He stood up and told the class to quiet down. "We have a new student joining us. Please be nice to him." 
"Annyeonghaseyo. Nam Joo Hyuk imida." I said. Some girls were giggling and staring at me.  "He's so cute.." I heard a whisper. "We should ask him to sit with us at lunch." "OK OK . Be nice to him. Joo Hyuk you may sit next to.. Hmmm. How about next to Mirae. Mirae raise your hand." A pretty girl in the back with her legs kicked up raised her hand. I walked back and plopped myself next to her. "Annyeong." I whispered. She smiled at me and faced forward. 

Mirae P.O.V

(Before class) I like to get to class early. Sometimes I hang out with the cheer squad or just Seolhyun. But she was all up on her football boyfriend. They're always making out in the hallway, makes me sick. "Morning Mr. Ahn." I said tiredly and went to my seat. "Morning Mirae. Why aren't you with your team." He asked. "I just want to rest. Didn't get much sleep." I explained. He nodded and continued grading papers. 

I can already tell this new kid is gonna be popular. If you were handsome, you were popular. Thats how our messed up school was. "Annyeong." He whispered to me. I smiled at him and faced the front. Lets hope he doesn't let the popularity get to his head.

Joo Hyun P.O.V

Breathe Joo Hyun. After my teacher introduced me to the class I went to take a seat. On my way I was tripped. "Ahahahaha!" They all laughed. "Ahh.." I winced. I got back up and dussed the dirt off of my skirt. I sat down next to a girl and she scooted away from me. Did I smell bad ? "What a dork.." I heard some girls giggle. Not a good way to start off high school. 

It was time for lunch and I had nobody to sit with. When I got there I saw Joo Hyuk sitting with a bunch of guys. He was so much better than me at making friends. I decided not to bother him. Once I grabbed my lunch i went to sit next to a group of girls. They glared at me but I ignored it. "Excuse me? You can't sit there." One of them said. "Why not?" I asked. "You're not a part of our group. We don't want to let you in either." I grabbed my tray and moved to a different one. People continued to look at me weirdly. Whats their problem?? 

Joo Hyuk P.O.V

Some of the football guys were tossing around a football in the lunch room. It came to me and I threw it back. "Wow. Good throw. You play football?" One of the guys asked. "A little bit. Played for my old school." I said. "The season just started but if you showed Coach what you can do I'm sure he'll let you join. We just lost a team member." 
"Oh really? Sure. Think you can help?" He nodded and asked me to have lunch with the team.