for the days of doubt (i got you)

Three Hundred and Sixty Five

Pairing: kaisoo
Genre: non au, fluff
Rating: pg-13
Word count: 755

Because this happened so i had to write this.

 

-

 

 

Kyungsoo knows he is being unreasonable right now. But he can’t help it. He just can’t put this irritating feeling away.

Jongin is going to shoot the final scene for his first Japanese drama soon and it’s the wedding scene.

Wedding scene.

Kyungsoo couldn’t care less about the actress but somehow, somehow his heart aches at the thought of Jongin at the altar, in a tux, and without him by his side. To make it simple, Kyungsoo wants to be the first to stand with Jongin at the altar. Although he knows it’s impossible. Ahh, he is getting depressed now.

But Kyungsoo being Kyungsoo, he won’t vocalize this to Jongin and he will try his best not to sulk. Kyungsoo tries to set his focus back on the movie he is watching on his tablet, and pathetically tries to not mind too much of Jongin’s presence beside him on the bed.

But then again, Jongin being Jongin, he is quick to catch on his lover’s change of mood.

“Are you okay?” Jongin asks as he lifts his head from reading and memorizing his lines in the script. Truthfully, he has been worrying about Kyungsoo since this morning. The smaller doesn’t talk much today. While it’s true that Kyungsoo is quiet most of the times, but today, it seems like he hasn’t spoken a word to Jongin. And he has at least said something to Chanyeol. It’s obvious something is not right.

Jongin decides that he needs a break from all the memorizing so he puts the script on the nightstand. “What’s wrong?” He asks while he takes Kyungsoo’s hand in his.

It’s one of those nights they feel grateful that everyone in the dorm minds their own business and just let the two of them have their time alone in the room.

Kyungsoo just shrugs. “Nothing. I’m fine.” He gives a small smile to the younger in what he hopes look assuring.

Jongin raises his eyebrows at the answer. And Kyungsoo knows he’s caught.

“It’s just something stupid.” Kyungsoo still tries to dodge making any explanations and acts nonchalant. But the way Jongin is caressing his hand makes it hard.

Jongin then interlaces their hands. “Tell me.”

For a while, Kyungsoo just stares at their skin contrast and now his heart feels like bursting. Sighing, Kyungsoo prepares himself to be laughed at. “You’re going to shoot that wedding scene.” He looks at Jongin. And upon seeing the younger nodding at him, telling him to continue, Kyungsoo timidly looks down and says, “…and you’re going to wear a wedding tux and stand at the altar and it’s not with me.”

Not receiving any response from Jongin, Kyungsoo slumps his body. “Told you it’s stupid.”

Somehow, Jongin thinks that this is so Kyungsoo. Of course Kyungsoo will be worrying over things like this and truthfully, it’s quite endearing. He smiles and tightens their hands. “Kyungsoo, it’s just a tux. With a boutonnière on the lapel, and that’s it.”

“But you’re gonna be at the altar.” Kyungsoo rests his head on the crook of Jongin’s neck.

“And guess who’s gonna miss you terribly during the whole shooting especially at the altar.” Jongin snakes his hands around Kyungsoo’s waist. “And it’s just—.”

“Acting, I know.” Kyungsoo says warily.

Looking at Kyungsoo in the eyes, Jongin gives him a fond smile. “You out of all people should know that, Actor Do sunbae-nim.” He teases.

Kyungsoo laughs. “I know. I’m just overthinking things. I’m sorry.” He sighs again.

“Don’t say sorry. I told you we need to talk about these things no matter how petty we think they are.” Jongin piches Kyungsoo’s nose playfully.

Turning his head away from Jongin’s pinch attack, Kyungsoo wiggles his nose. “Okay.”

For a moment, Jongin looks at Kyungsoo as he thinks about something. “Should we… wear one of our tuxes now just for fun?” He wiggles his eyebrows.

“What?” Kyungsoo widens his eyes and then laughs. “No. No need to. I’m feeling okay now.”

“Oh, come on. You know you want to.” And then he grabs Kyungsoo’s hand and drags him to their closet.

A few minutes later and both of them are a giggling mess with their tuxedos on.

Jongin keeps peppering kisses on Kyungsoo’s face while the older is fixing Jongin’s bowtie and Kyungsoo can’t stop laughing and smiling and kissing Jongin back.

It’s drizzling outside when both of them are slow dancing in the middle of the room without any music .

And everything feels right, Kyungsoo muses in his head.

 

 

 

 

-

Subscriptions, comments, upvotes are highly appreciated ;; (pretty please?)

Talk to me here

Talk to me anonimously or submit a prompt here (i'm waiting for prompts, please help me /cries/ )