[s.01]

LINE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OKAY SO HERE YOU GO. IM A COMPLETE LIAR OKAY? OH MY GOSH. MY DESCRIPTION IS REALLY FAR FROM REALITY HAHAHA.

 

Dongmin has always been standing on a thin line.

That kind of line where a slight push is needed for him to fall on either of the side, life or death. It didn't really matter to him where to fall. But it would be such a great pleasure for him if he will end up on the other side which leads to darkness and emptiness.

So what?

All he wanted to do was to runaway from this misery, this misery called life. But his friends were always there to save him, to pick him up, and let him live. that oath they took when they were in highschool. Dongmin wished he had never partake in doing such crap.

What for?

He'll die anyway.

Believe me when I tell you, no one knows shiz about Dongmin. Nobody knows he's always been this dark, hiding everything behind his captivating smile. Deceiving people with his friendly personality.  Everytime he would do something stupid, he'll just say he's okay even though he's actually not, and laugh it off. His friends wanted to help him, but Dongmin has built these walls that no one could ever reach.

Not until a girl came to his life.

Dammit.

She was so beautiful. Her eyes are big, those bags around her eyes make it even more cuter, she has nice, thin lips, and damm! that body with perfect proportions. Dongmin never thought he would stare like this to a girlㅡnever thought his heart would pound this hard, felt like an explosion might happen in any minute.

Lub. Dub. Lub. Dub.

But he has one question he wanted to get an answer to: why would a beautiful girl cry like that on the hospital floor? She doesn't deserve to cry. Why was she crying, anyway? No one knows. Dongmin wanted to know, but he doesn't know how.

Should I ask her?

Why not?

Should I go to her?

It's your decision.

What if she neglect me?

You wouldn't know unless you try.

Ugh.

Lacking of courage, Dongmin turned away and get back to his bed and didn't care. Why would he? He can't even take care of his own life. How will he say to the girl to stop crying and that everything will be safe and sound when he, himself, is as miserable as fudge? He doesn't have the right. He will never have the right.

The convenience store near his home has always been his comfort zone. He would always go there to relieve stress and forget the thoughts that might make him take his own life again. He won't mind Mina's intriguing eyes directly shot at him everytime he enters the store. Mina was an acquaintance ever since highschool. They knew each other but never talked for long, really. They would say 'hi' and 'hello' sometimes when bumping onto each other but never really had a proper conversation to start with. But this girl knows everything he's done stupid.

Damm Rocky.

"Tzuyu-ah! C'mere!"

His eyes simply gazed at the girl who just entered the store. And there, mouth dropping the floor, he can't believe he was seeing.

What's she doing here?

"Sorry, eonni. Am I late?" She asked Mina. Mina shook her head and return a thin smile.

"Nope," she answered popping the p. "Just on time, dear."

Wait, what? They know each other?

Mina stole her last glance to Dongmin before leading that Tzuyu girl wherever she was supposed to.

So Tzuyu is her name?

He smiledㅡand that was weird. He looked too enthusiastic that he mentally cringed at himself but he just covered it up with a sheepish grin. Why was he smiling? Dang, he doesn't know. All he ever knew was he'll be seeing this girl everytime he'd go to the store. And Dongmin never got over to the fact that he'll be actually seeing her, like everyday of his freaking life.

Oh, my gawd.

Ever since then, he never failed at going in the store just to watch this girl doing her job to make a living. He would stare and steal glances. Walk over her so he could clearly see her face. But everytime he does it, Tzuyu won't even bother look at him. All she ever did was to scan the items, get the payment, and hand over the change. Nothing more, nothing less. It seems like something's always bugging her mind. She never paid attention to every customer.

What is this girl's problem?

Every one of you, for sure, wants to know how he got her Line ID. Well, purely accidental, his eyes landed on a sticky note, from Minaㅡprobably for their bossㅡthat was placed on the monitor with Tzuyu's username on it. 'Twas pretty much obvious that it was hers, 'cause the username screams her name loud enough for Dongmin to notice. Dongmin, as naughty as he could ever be, snatched the piece of paper out of the monitor and simply walked outside like nothing had happened.

Oh such a sneak cutie. I hope he didn't forget about the CCTV.

Ohㅡthat rhymed.

So okay, that's how he got it. But it wasn't very easy for him to decide what's best for it. He debated wether to message her or to just crumple the paper and make a three-point shot in the trashbin. It was frustrating, though! He had thought that getting a razor is much more easier than placing his thumb on his phone to text the girl.

Push and pull.

He has no choice at all. He wanted to befriend her, but unveiling his true self may be a tad bit disappointing for her. And he doesn't like that. He was afraid the girl may choose to just stay away from his miserable life. And seeing how she cried? No way. There's no way he would make Tzuyu cry like that again.

So for a better show, he characterized himself as a goofy, frivolous kind of being to be likeableㅡmore like creeping her outㅡwhich Tzuyu hated the most. It was pretty hard catching her attention because, firstly: he's a stranger, and lastly: Tzuyu doesn't give a fudge.

But every 2am he would text her, and he will finally feel at ease. Obviously, his life were never at peace, full of sleepless nights, nightmare, and thoughts of their father coming back at him. But Tzuyu made him forget about those thoughts, even though he was always being pushed away by her. Tzuyu became Dongmin's daily dose of tranquilizer. And a kind of happy little pill.

For being such attention seeker, maybe Dongmin regretted following her again all the way to the hospital. He was finally enlightened why Tzuyu cried so hard that night at the hospital hallway. Her boyfriendㅡscatch thatㅡher suitor was admitted and now in a state of coma. Dongmin's eyes widened in terror. His knees went jell-o the moment he saw the guy peacefully lying on the bed with intricate wirings attached on him. He wasn't shocked by the fact that Tzuyu has already someone, thoughㅡbut by who actually the guy was.

It was Moonbin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter