Final

The Mighty Fall

Sorry in advanced

Proofread by _sofughnny thank u i love u so much

Warning: Uncencored profanities, violence, sorta angst

Words count: 9260 words


 

If I got locked away and we lost it all today,
Tell me honestly, will you still love me the same?

If I showed you my flaw, if I couldn’t be strong,
Tell me honestly, will you still love me the same?

 

The dim light from the moon illuminated the whole room while two lovers made love to each other. The taller man among them has a big phoenix tattoo that started all the way from his shoulder down to his hip bone. Grunts, moans and whines that echoed through the room was so loud that they were sure their neighbours could hear them, loud and clear. But they were in a deep pleasure that they couldn’t even bring themselves to care. Instead, they savoured each other's presence by whispering love to each other and telling each other how much they need one another with their hands intertwined through their .

“Chanyeol?”

“Yes, love?” the said man answered while caressing his much smaller, vulnerable lover’s hair lovingly. Chanyeol saw how his lover hesitated for a while so he scrutinized his eyes in suspicion.

“What is it, Baekhyun?” the hand that was previously his hair now gripped it tightly that made his head throb in pain.

Baekhyun cursed himself silently, telling himself how stupid he was for even planning to tell Chanyeol about what happened last week. Yet, he knew the consequences would be far worse than it was currently if he himself won’t tell Chanyeol about the incident. After all, Chanyeol has very sharp eyes, he knew when something suspicious happened given that he is a mafia boss. He was trained to be capable of everything.

“It hurts…” Baekhyun pleaded but instead the gripped on his hair tightened making him wince in pain.

Chanyeol leaned in closer, moving his free hand to caress Baekhyun’s soft cheek, “If you become a good boy and tell me what happened then I’ll let you go.”

“The new man that you took last week, well, he…” the small man took a deep breath to try and calm his erratic heartbeat but it was hard to do so when his head throbbed in pain every second, “He tried to me.”

Growling, Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun’s hair and crossed his arm together, “Then what did you do?”

“I punched him.”

Uncrossing his arm, so that he could rest both of his hand on the small man’s neck, Chanyeol smirked, “Why didn’t you kill him?”

“I didn’t want to kill him,” the hand that rested on his neck tightened, successfully choking him, “B-Because he is your man and I thought that it would be better if you kill him instead.”

“Listen here, Byun Baekhyun, if there’s someone who wants to take advantage on you, kill him, end his life. You got it?”

Baekhyun nodded, tears fell from his eyes and just like that the hand that choked him before was gone and was replaced with a hand wiping his wet cheek as he desperately inhaled air.

Chanyeol put his hand on his lover’s shoulder as he slowly pushed him onto the bed, tucking him into it. He kissed the small man’s forehead with so much love and covered Baekhyun’s body with a blanket.

“Now sleep. I need to go out for a while.”

Baekhyun nodded as his heart were filled with warmth when he saw his lover put on a pair of fresh cloth and took the gun on the bedside table. He stared as his man disappeared from the room and again his heart throbbed in admiral knowing fully sure that his man was out so that he could kill the man that dared to mess with the love of his life.

 

***

 

The moment his eyes fluttered open, he was greeted by the sight of his lover sleeping soundly with his arm draped protectively over his waist. He smiled and landed a peck on the man’s nose, watching it scrunch afterward.

It was moments like this that made Baekhyun wonder how can he fall in love with the same man every day, over and over again, without getting bored. Chanyeol's face looked so pure and vulnerable that he can’t resist but planting a last soft peck against his lover’s lips before he got up and started preparing breakfast.

 

Baekhyun was chopping some vegetables when he felt something cold was pressed on the back of his head. He knew instantly what it was; a gun. He knew perfectly well why it was pressed at the back of his head like he was a criminal. He knew that he was a criminal because he broke his promise yet again.

The deep voice that whispered against his ear made his spine tingle, “I told you before didn’t I? I want to wake up with you beside me, not the other way around.”

Baekhyun was being turned around slowly by his lover’s hand. He casted his eyes downward, feeling his cheeks burn in embarrassment, “I’m sorry, I just want to cook breakfast for you.”

Chanyeol hummed, his red cheek with the tip of his gun. “As much I like your cooking, I think it’ll be better if the first thing I see is you.”

“It—” the small man took a deep breath and dared himself to look at his lover’s cold eyes, “It won’t happen again.”

They both knew it was a lie. It was always like this, Chanyeol would threaten him and Baekhyun would comply but the next day, Baekhyun would make the same mistake over and over again. It gave him the thrill seeing how Chanyeol got all tough on him, yet every action that he did was laced with care and love that was uniquely Chanyeol.

And that is what made him fall in love with the said man every day, every hour, and every minute of his life.

Just the mere thought of Chanyeol being his made his world complete.

 

***

 

The loud murmurs from the crowd could be heard even from the end of the hallway and it just needed Chanyeol to make it quiet.

Baekhyun smiled at the crowd hesitantly, knowing full well that every eyes were on them the moment he and his lover stepped into the big room.

Chanyeol led him to the stage where two of Chanyeol’s most trusted men were. Instantly, the tan man that Baekhyun recognized as Jongin leaned into Chanyeol and whispered something to him while another tall, pale man that Baekhyun knew perfectly well; Sehun, sticked to his side.

He gave Sehun a small smile which was replied with a nod. He knew Sehun because the pale man had always accompanied him whenever he went out to do some errands such as going to the market to buy something or any other stuff. Knowing Chanyeol, he would never allow him to go out alone thus the purpose of Sehun. Simply put, Sehun is his bodyguard.

Chanyeol cleared his throat before speaking in the microphone. “I’ve been informed that our territory at the east end have been intruded.”

Chanyeol's voice was cold and his stare was hard as he looked down at his people who looked back at him with nervous, frightened stares.

“Starting from today, I want each one of you to keep your eyes on anyone acting suspicious and report it to me personally. Understand?”

It was short and simple but the amount of control obtained from his tone managed to make everyone chorus a series of ‘Yes, sir’.

 

***

 

Baekhyun doesn’t usually come at Chanyeol’s HQ (really, he can’t put a name for the place) because it didn’t have much. Only a big white room where usually all of the group members gather, a place where intruders or traitors are punished, a place where they keep some of their guns and weapons, and finally, Chanyeol’s big, spacious office.

Baekhyun couldn’t think of what Chanyeol’s work is, too, sometimes. He's usually off from their house in the morning after Baekhyun made breakfast and returns at around 8 o’clock at night.

To say that Baekhyun was confused is an understatement but since he’s not that much of a busy body type of person, he never asked. That, and he's scared that Chanyeol might think that Baekhyun is doubting him.

 

But then, one day, his curiosity just got the best of him and he decided to ask. Chanyeol didn’t say anything, though his expression showed that he was a bit startled since the question came out of blue.

The next day, however, Chanyeol suddenly told him to get dressed and told him that they are going to somewhere in which Baekhyun didn’t put too much mind in to.

And that’s how he found himself in a bar packed with people, with him trailing behind Chanyeol like a lost puppy. He was lead to a room that he thought was another of Chanyeol’s office since Jongin and Sehun was there, complete with their usual black suit.

Chanyeol showed him his office and plopped down on the big, black chair. Baekhyun followed his lover’s movement and sat on Chanyeol’s lap.

Just as he about to ask something to Chanyeol, the door office opened and revealed Jongin with his stoic face.

“Boss, the client is here,” Jongin said while Chanyeol nodded in respond.

“Baekhyun, think you can get up from my lap for a moment?”

Baekhyun, amidst confused, nodded and do as the tall man told before he was forced to sit on the chair gently by his lover’s hand on his shoulder.

“I need to meet my client for a while. Stay here but if you’re bored, Sehun is outside and he could show you this place around,” Chanyeol tone was stern and ordering as he look down on his lover.

“Yeah, got it.”

 

An hour passed since Chanyeol was gone and Baekhyun was starting to grow bored. Thinking that maybe it would be ages for Chanyeol to done with his business, he asked for Sehun to show him around the places.

Baekhyun had concluded one thing about Chanyeol's ‘workplace’.

Loud.

It was very loud, awful and rowdy— basically all the things that Baekhyun didn’t like. It’s not that Baekhyun is a goodie-two-shoes because how the hell did he managed to become Chanyeol’s husband if he is all goodie and innocent.

In fact, he is the bar type but somehow, this bar just didn’t seem too appealing to him. It’s like something told him that it’s not a good idea for him to be here and for Chanyeol to work here, although he pretty much knew this is one of Chanyeol’s bars (god forbid how many bars did Chanyeol owns).

“Sehun?” Baekhyun called at his bodyguard who was watching him with his usual stoic face.

Sehun nodded his head in response, as in asking what Baekhyun want from him.

“I think I want to go home. I feel sick.”

 

***

 

He was sleeping in the bed when suddenly the door barged open, revealing a very panicked Chanyeol in view. He watched with mild amusement when Chanyeol ran to him like a mad man.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked as he rested his hand on Baekhyun’s forehead to check on his lover’s temperature, “Sehun told me you are sick.”

Baekhyun smiled in response, changing his position to sit but was denied when Chanyeol forced him to lie down on the bed, “It’s not that serious. I’m just having a headache.”

Chanyeol sighed in relief, staring softly at Baekhyun’s brown orbs as he ran his hand through the small man’s soft hair, occasionally brushing some lost strand that managed to cover Baekhyun’s eyes.

“I was so worried earlier,” Chanyeol said and leaned down to kiss Baekhyun’s cheek.

“I know.”

 

***

 

“Are you going to come home today?” Baekhyun asked as he watched his lover getting ready to leave for work.

Baekhyun is not the type that is too clingy. He is not one of those annoying people who loved to ask where their husbands went and did all the time.

He asked because he cares about Chanyeol.

Lately, Chanyeol's face looked like he didn’t sleep at all and he came back home very late, too, which is very rare for the man to do that.

“I don’t know. I might not if things suddenly goes busy.”

Baekhyun was a step closer to ask just what kind of work did his husband do that he didn’t have enough sleep and rest but was immediately cut off when his husband pecked his lips.

He watched Chanyeol's disappearing figure down the front door in astonishment.

.

He woke up later that night just to see that Chanyeol hasn't still came back from his work.

 

 

It took about two weeks for Baekhyun to finally give up on his curiosity and decide to feed it with taking an initiative to go to Chanyeol’s bar.

Sehun didn’t say anything when he forwarded his wish to the pale man though he did looked uneasy and uncomfortable.

 

The weird feeling still didn’t went away when he stepped into the club, head whipping around to find his husband’s figure.

It was getting stronger than the last time he got here, those feelings, he felt like his heart was about to burst from the loud pounding and his stomach to churn in an uneasy way that will surely make him nauseous.

One step to Chanyeol’s office made him realize why it was getting stronger every time, the scene in front of him was enough of the sign.

He never knew Chanyeol was the type of person to cheat on his lover who waited for his everyday just to see him after work and go to sleep together. But then again, he knew nothing about Chanyeol.

Maybe the Chanyeol he saw all this time was the fake Chanyeol, who knows?

After all, Chanyeol is a very secretive person. He never told Baekhyun anything about his life, his past, his work even.

And Baekhyun never asked. Because for him, it’s up to Chanyeol's choice whether he wants to share about his life or not. For Baekhyun, it was enough that Chanyeol loves him and assures him that he will never go anywhere outside his life.

But clearly, he was wrong.

.

One thing he knew for sure was that their relationship is never going to be the same again.

 

***


Suddenly, his life felt empty the next day when he woke up on his bed with yet again an empty space beside him.

The bed felt cold and even when he was cooking at the kitchen, he started imagining that Chanyeol was somehow there, pressing his usual black gun at the back of his head while his heart is beating erratically.

 

The sound of the front door being opened made his stomach flip and his breath hitched at the possibility of Chanyeol finally going home after two weeks of being missing in action.

And there stood Chanyeol, with his usual cold and mighty aura.

“You’re back,” Baekhyun said, smiling on his way to Chanyeol who only nodded in response and avoided him when Baekhyun wanted to have a tight hug.

The taller walked towards their shared bedroom, missing the way his lover’s smile fell instantly the moment he turned his back.

 

Baekhyun liked to think that he isn’t desperate. He isn’t desperate for a man’s love who didn’t even treated him like a normal lover should. A man who cheated on his lover who waited for his sorry at home like an idiot who have nothing else better to do.

But deep down, he knew if it is Chanyeol, he would rather be desperate.

 

So, he swallowed all the bitterness in his throat and started smiling like nothing happened, though the tears on his cheeks said otherwise.

 

***

 

Baekhyun was in conflict the next day when he was about to go out. Questions like 'Should I bring Sehun with me or not?' rang through his ears but being his insecure self, he thought that maybe Chanyeol wouldn’t even care if he went out alone or not.

Chanyeol didn’t love him anymore.

Well, not that much like he used to before.

.

It was already dark when he came back to their house and his mood has lightened up a bit after hanging out with his best friend, Kyungsoo. But then, he caught sight of his husband’s expensive car parked at their garage.

His face became pale at the realization that maybe his husband was waiting for him at their living room with a pissed expression. And true to his words, Chanyeol was sitting on the sofa in the living room while staring blankly at him.

He gulped a nervous ‘hey’ to his husband. It was clear that Chanyeol was beyond pissed but the thought of Chanyeol getting mad at him for something that he did released his built-up frustration making his own blood boil.

Suddenly, he found himself not even caring about what his husband was about to say and he just simply walked towards their shared bedroom, ignoring the expression of disbelief on the tall man's face.

As he was about to close the door, however, a tight grip around his hand made him yelp in shock and pain. He tried to yank his wrist from his lover’s grip but to no avail as if to mock Baekhyun and his weakness.

Baekhyun took in a deep, shuddering breath as he glared at Chanyeol. “Let me go,” he said, but of course, Chanyeol and his ego wouldn’t let him do so.

“Where did you go?” Chanyeol's voice was low and deep and it took a lot of Baekhyun’s courage to not scream in fear.

“Why do you even care?”

Judging from the taller's face, it was obvious that he was shocked and confused at Baekhyun’s retaliation, “What are you talking about? Of course I ca—”

“Don’t give me that ,” Baekhyun yelled, it was decided; Baekhyun was going to voice out all his frustrations that day no matter what the consequences might be.

He was tired with to deal with his broken heart.

He was tired of pleasing Chanyeol without getting anything in return. He didn’t even need much, just Chanyeol’s love and attention.

Growling, Chanyeol yanked Baekhyun's hair, forcing the smaller to look at him, “Listen, Byun Baekhyun, I don’t know what your ing problem is but if you continue to behave like this, I’m going to divorce you and kick you out of here.”

Baekhyun felt his heart dropped at the mention of divorce and he knew Chanyeol was mad so probably he was just saying that just to scare him but he was blinded by his fury that he said something he wouldn’t even believe himself, “Do it.”

And as if on cue, the tight grip on his wrist and hair was gone in a flash. The sight of his dumbfounded husband somehow made his brain cheer but at the same time, his heart mirrored the hurt expression on his husband's face.

Baekhyun didn’t even stopped his lover when the said man walked towards the front door and slammed the door shot, making him flinch.

 

He, Byun Baekhyun, succeeded in making the almighty Park Chanyeol at loss for words.

But somehow, he didn’t felt entirely happy.

***

The next day, he decided to get out of their house and find his own apartment instead because there was no way he’s still going to live there anymore. He already called Kyungsoo to inform him that he might live at the latter's house for the time being.

He knew he was being childish but he can’t help it.

He already got a job at a nearby café as a waiter. Besides, this is the time for him to show Chanyeol that he didn’t need his help to earn a living.

***

Life without Chanyeol was a tad bit hard, yes, he admits it. Since he was already used to the grand life Chanyeol provided him before, he found it hard to be smart on spending money.

Two months had passed since the last time Baekhyun met his ex-husband. The last time was when they ‘accidentally’ met at the café where Baekhyun work at.

Baekhyun knew it was not an accident. He is not a fool. He knew Chanyeol came there for a reason and true to his words, Chanyeol gave him the divorce papers with the tall man’s eyes bored into his own chocolate, puppy eyes.

Chanyeol’s eyes were challenging, daring him to take the divorce paper and sign his name at the bottom of the pages and he did that just fine, without hesitation like how he thought he would have.

And for the second time, when he saw those disappointed eyes bore through him, his heart clenched.

But he didn’t do anything to stop Chanyeol because he knew it’s for the best.

***

Byun Baekhyun swore he got over Park Chanyeol a long time ago, but then again, why was it that he felt like dying when Sehun showed up in front of his apartment door to tell him something that he never thought he would hear?

“This is not a scam to make you go back to boss, hyung. I’m telling the truth. If you don’t do something, boss might get harmed,” Sehun said the moment Baekhyun invited him in.

Baekhyun frowned, “How can I believe what you’re saying if the mighty Park Chanyeol never falls for anyone? I know him, he’s such a detailed person. He never missed anything under his sight.”

“See, hyung? That’s where you’re wrong. Ever since you guys divorced, he became an entirely different person. He became a lot more scary than he is but at the same time, his work became sloppier and he's just…,” Sehun stared deep into his hyung's eyes and sighed, “He's just not the same without you, hyung.”

Laughing, Baekhyun shook his head and reached for his cup of tea, “That's the funniest thing I ever heard about Chanyeol.”

“That’s not funny.”

“That’s funny and a complete bull, too.”

“ you, hyung,” Sehun stood. “Don’t go and cry to me when you hear about your husband's death.”

Ex - husband.”

Sehun gave a last unbelieving look to him and walked out of Baekhyun’s apartment. Baekhyun could only watch as the younger slammed the front door without doing anything.

***

Baekhyun was doing his usual routine; wake up early in the morning, work, go home and sleep. His shift has ended and he was on his walk to his apartment when he got a call from the landlord saying that a suspicious looking man was standing outside his house.

Baekhyun got a good idea of who might that be. It was either Sehun or one of Chanyeol’s workers so he told the landlord to not worry and he will settle it himself.

“What do you want now?” Baekhyun said as soon as he was in front of his house.

“Sir,” Jongin greeted.

Baekhyun sighed and invited him into his apartment, “Make it short. I don’t want to waste my time. I have a lot of things to do besides talking.”

“So, what do you want to tell me?” Baekhyun asked, gesturing Jongin to sit on the sofa.

“Sir Chanyeol has been kidnapped by the west group.”

Arching his brow, he replied, “Is that so?”

Jongin nodded in respond and wait for the smaller to answer.

“Just two days ago, Sehun came and told me that Chanyeol is in danger and then now you're telling me that Chanyeol was kidnapped?”

Jongin nodded.

Judging from the serious expression that the tan man was supporting, Baekhyun's heart started to beat crazily fast.

“Are you serious? This is not a laughing matter.”

Jongin sighed, “Look, I know sir Chanyeol. He never made a mistake so stupid like this before and I know you know about this, too. I don’t know what your problem with him is, but in my opinion, he looked far more miserable than you do because he’s been keeping it hidden inside him, all bottled up.”

“I’m just his servant,” the tan man continued. “And I don’t know you well enough than Sehun but everyone could see that he is crazily in love with you.”

Baekhyun blinked in shock, but there’s this side of him that wants to protest. The sight of what he saw months ago made his rage kick again and it clouded his judgement.

“If he loved me that much, why wouldn’t he try to win me back?”

“Why would he?”

 

Yeah, why would he?

He’s literally no one compared to the woman he saw with Chanyeol.

 

“I know you love him and you still do, judging from the tears you have in your eyes,” Jongin said, breaking the temporary silence.

Baekhyun touched his cheek and found it wet.

“You’re not the only one in this world who have insecurity issues, Sir Baekhyun. Even my boss have it and that probably explains why he didn’t chase after you— because maybe, he thinks that you’re too good for him.”

But that woman…

“And I still don’t know what’s in your head but if you truly love Sir Chanyeol like what I believe all this time, I hope you can contribute in saving Sir Chanyeol.” Jongin stood, watching as the small man looked down, probably thinking.

As minutes passed and there’s still no answer from Baekhyun, the tan man grew worried and decided to just go home already. It’s a shame, for all he knew, Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s love are the greatest force in the world but he guessed it’s not the same anymore.

.

.

“Wait…,” Jongin stop and look at Baekhyun who had a determined look in his eyes, “How can I help?”

 

***

 

The big white room where he used to go before when he was still with Chanyeol were still as spacious as ever. There were a couple of people who looked at him with raised eyebrows. It made Baekhyun wonder, where did the people who used to pack the whole room back then when Chanyeol was still there? Why is it that only half of those people are still there?

Jongin, as if knowing what he was thinking, answered his thought, “About half of us were killed when the west gang attacked us while the remaining others either ran away or is in the hospital.”

Baekhyun nodded, “Why would you want my help? It’s not like I can fight or anything.”

At that, the tan man froze and bit his lip in hesitation. Just as he about to answer, however, Sehun came in view and scowled at Baekhyun.

“What is he doing here?”

“He’s here because I asked him to help rescue Sir Chanyeol,” Jongin replied, eyeing the tension between the two males.

“It’s too late to save your ex-husband, don’t you think? Maybe he’s even dead by now,” Sehun said, glaring at the small man who only cowered at the glare.

“I… I’m sorry. I didn’t think before I talked. I—”

“You’re what? You are so—” Sehun was cut off by Jongin who elbowed him rather forcefully, forcing the tall, pale man to let out a pained hiss.

“I didn’t call the two of you here just to see you fighting. Sehun, you perfectly know what will happen if Baekhyun isn’t involved in this, don’t you?” Sehun nodded solemnly.

“Baekhyun, you too, stop being sorry. I need your whole focus to be able to rescue Sir Chanyeol.”

***

He took a deep breath as he walked into the house that used to be his and Chanyeol’s house. But because of his childish and immature move, it came down to this. Chanyeol was not here anymore and that thought alone made him want to choke on his own cries for being the most stupid person ever.

To be completely honest, he didn’t think that with him being there would save Chanyeol but he would rather die saving Chanyeol than sit by himself in a room and bite his own thumb thinking what would happen to Chanyeol.

He sighed and walked towards the balcony, watching the dark sky glimmer with diamonds from all sizes.

“Hey.”

He jolted up in shock and turned his head slightly to find Jongin standing beside him with a small smile.

He greeted back and they fall in silence, just enjoying the view that laid in front of them gracefully.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Baekhyun asked.

Upon receiving a nod from the tan man, Baekhyun continued, “Why did you want me to save him so bad? I mean— I’m not complaining, but I’m weak and I’ve never fought before. I might just be a burden during the fight.”

As expected, the look of hesitance crossed Jongin’s face but before Baekhyun could do anything about it, Jongin sighed and stared at Baekhyun’s chestnut eyes in slight pity, “Do you remember about the man who almost you?”

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to remember and when he did, he nodded. “Well, he’s actually the younger brother of a mafia boss. It’s quite a big mafia group called Sinners. When he heard about his brother killed by Chanyeol, he planned to seek revenge by kidnapping you but the plan came to an end when Chanyeol found out about it.”

“Then…” Baekhyun took a shuddering breath, “H-how come Chanyeol was the kidnapped one but not me?”

“Did you remember that time where Sir Chanyeol was not at home for about a month? Well he was busy trying to keep you and his territory safe that he forgot one thing that he should care more about.”

“And what is that?”

“Your heart.”

“When he realized it, it’s too late and you already left. He became distracted and stressed that he forgot his enemy was chasing after his tail. He kept living the way he’s living before you’re gone but he’s not the same. He made the same mistake twice and we all know how Sir Chanyeol is like. And one day, his distracted-self caught the attention of his enemy and he was kidnapped for a trade; you or him.”

“So he picked himself…” Baekhyun mumbled, eyes getting teary as he took in the new information.

“I want you to be in this battle for this reason only. For you to be able to have the chance to save Chanyeol the way he did for you because I know, if this news ever reached you, you’ll break and I don’t want that to happen to you.”

***

When he woke up the next morning, he felt more energized and even more determined to save Chanyeol. He walked down the seemingly endless hallways to reach the white hall where everyone was waiting for him.

“Hey,” he greeted as soon as he walked into the room, throwing Sehun a small smile.

The tall pale man didn’t reply so Baekhyun though that it was his cue to probably searched Jongin and ask what he could do in the massive white hall.

Everyone just look busy with their own weapon to tell Baekhyun what he should do. He didn’t have to search for long as he saw the tan man entering the hall with a frown on his face while a short man with big eyes talking to him probably about something important.

When Jongin caught his stare however, he smiled and gesture for the short man beside him to wait as he speed walked toward Baekhyun.

“Hey, are you ready to hear what you should do in order to save Sir Chanyeol?” Jongin said, eyes scanning the whole room.

“Uhm… Yeah, I guess.”

“Great,” Jongin exclaimed and lead him to Chanyeol’s office in order for him to lay out his plan to Baekhyun without being cut off by anyone, “So the plan goes like this…”

 

They were supposed to carry out the plan that night and Baekhyun didn’t protest. In fact, he felt slightly excited and thankful to Jongin for giving him the chance that he thinks he doesn’t deserve.

If saving Chanyeol meant he has to trade his life, he knew he would do it. He would and will trade his life.

“Are you okay?” Jongin asked on their way to the Sinners’ headquarter which is not much but just an abandoned three-story building.

Baekhyun nodded and managed a small smile. He plays with his the button of his shirt which is actually a gadget that would make Jongin and the others hear if he was ever in trouble.

“Hyung,” he heard Sehun called for him and adverted his gaze to the younger.

“I just want to say that I’m sorry for yesterday. I went overboard…” Sehun trailed, cheek flushed in embarrassment.

“It’s okay. I want to apologize about the thing I said when you came to my apartment, too."

Sehun smiled and hugged him, making Baekhyun thrown off guard for a little bit but then he smiled warmly and patted the tall boy’s back.

 

Baekhyun took in a deep breath. His hand clenched tightly in order to ease his nervousness. He nodded to himself once before releasing his breath and took a step towards the building.

He was immediately surrounded by a gang of men about six or seven in number with big bodies and muscles. Though his heart nearly fell from its place when one of the man tried to touch his cheek, he kept his calm face.

“I want to see your boss,” he said, straight to the point.

“Why would a pretty boy like you want to see our boss?” one of the man said, wrapping his hand around his waist, “How about you play with us instead? I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun.”

Baekhyun swatted the man's hand from him in annoyance, “I need to see your boss. Tell him it’s Baekhyun.”

Upon hearing that, the men’s face became pale in realization before nodding and leading him to their boss’s office.

 

He was brought to an office that has nothing in it except a big mahogany table and a sofa that was pushed onto the left side of the wall.

It was clear as day that when he enter the office, the boss (he assumed) was completely shocked from the sudden visit. But it was quickly replaced by a smirk that looked far too dangerous for Baekhyun.

“What a pleasure Mr. Byun, you look even pretty up close. I’m Yifan,” Yifan stood, tall and mighty.

Baekhyun cleared his throat and wandered his eyes around the room in hope to find a secret door that might lead him to Chanyeol.

His action however, caught Yifan's eyes who chuckled. “Chanyeol is not here obviously, as you can see. I don’t let anyone that I don’t trust to see him but for you I think I’m gonna make an exception. I want you to see how the mighty Park Chanyeol crumble beneath my hands.”

With that being said, he motioned his men to bring Chanyeol to him. It didn’t take long for Chanyeol to arrive. When he arrived however, Baekhyun's throat went dry and he felt his eyes tearing up and his arms longing to hug Chanyeol. To whisper comforting words to him that it’s going to be okay no matter what.

Chanyeol's hand were tied behind his back. His eye bags were covered with a big bruise that adorned his eyes. His lip; the lip that he loved so damn much was dry and bleeding at the corner of Chanyeol’s mouth. Chanyeol looked like he didn’t eat for weeks and he knew maybe it was partially his fault, too. He looked like he about to faint anytime soon but that didn’t stop his sentence when he opened his mouth to ask what the hell Baekhyun is doing there.

“I… Chanyeol, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked, intending to walk to Chanyeol and his bruising cheek in comfort but was pulled back by a hand on his wrist.

Yifan wrapped his arm around Baekhyun, throwing a quick smirk towards Chanyeol. “I didn’t say you can touch him, pretty thing.”

Baekhyun was too high in his guilt that he forgot all the plan that was discussed as he turned his head to look at Yifan, “You can have me,” he blurted. “In turn, you'll let Chanyeol go.”

Yifan's smirk deepened as he laughed coldly and stared at Baekhyun as if searching for a hint that he might be joking but found none.

“What the are you thinking, Byun Baekhyun?” Chanyeol growled, glaring hard at his former husband who only avoided his glare and stared at the floor instead.

“I- I’ll do anything. Please, just let him go.”

“Sure.”

 

Baekhyun watched the bulky man from earlier dragged Chanyeol out who protested in sadness. His heart was thumping loudly as his body shook in fear.

“Hey,” Yifan said, making Baekhyun turned his head to look at the mafia, “Be honest, you came here with Chanyeol’s people, didn't you?”

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip as he nodded warily, “We have a plan but I don’t- I,” he closed his eyes as realization dawned on him that he just made the situation more complicated by not sticking to the original plan. “I bailed out.”

“There’s three types of people that I hate so much; people who mess with my people, people that associates with Chanyeol and people who is like you. Very pretty yet so poisonous. You made people around you get hurt because of you. Take my brother for example—"

A loud bang was heard and Baekhyun's eyes went wide as he stared at Yifan in disbelief. “And Chanyeol, who is now, probably, I don’t know, critical maybe, because of you.”

Baekhyun's hand shook in anger as the possibilities of Chanyeol’s condition flashed in his head.

“You said you will let him go!” Baekhyun yelled as tears streamed down his cheek, “You agreed that you will let him go…” his knees weakened and he slid down to floor.

“I’m not that stupid, Baekhyun. I know what will happen if I let Chanyeol escape in turn for you. You didn’t have anything that Chanyeol had. You only have one thing that is probably useless to me, your beauty. Chanyeol may have the power to make all my hard work all this time crumble with just a snap of his finger. He has a lot of connections that you obviously don’t have.”

“Then why did you agree?”

Yifan shrugged his shoulders casually, eyes bored through Baekhyun's teary one as if to mock him, “For my own entertainment, I guess.”

 “You bastard!” Baekhyun yelled and marched towards Yifan in hopes of hurting him even just a slightest. “You ing bastard!”

Yifan's brows furrowed as his smirk fell and was replaced by a scowl. He grabbed Baekhyun by his hair and tugged it harshly. “Listen, if you  touch me even a slightest, I will kill you. You deserve it.”

“Then kill me. I have no purpose to live anymore.”

The tall man chuckled, low and cold as he released his grip on Baekhyun’s hair. He walked toward his table and opened the first drawer before pulling out a black gun.

“You think I’m just gonna let you die just like that? I’m not gonna go this far just for this, honey,” Yifan pointed his black gun towards Baekhyun.

“Now, be a good boy and walk,” Yifan has Baekhyun’s hand behind his back, nudging the small man to walk, “You always managed to surprise me. No wonder Chanyeol kept you. What did he do to make you stay loyal to him, I wonder.”

Baekhyun was trembling uncontrollably. His heart was pounding against his ribcage so hard that it started to hurt.

They stopped in front of a black wooden door. It’s between him counting down to the very last second of him to be probably dead that the door was yanked open by the bulky men from earlier and what he saw made his stomach drop .

There; in the small white room with red splotch that Baekhyun suspected as blood, sat Chanyeol on a wooden chair. His head was hanging low, his left side of his shirt was soaked with blood. Baekhyun assumed it was from the sound of gun he heard earlier. The blood didn’t stop dripping from his wound that had Baekhyun choke in disbelief.

“Chanyeol…” he said, refusing to believe the sight in front of him.

Upon hearing his name being called, he snapped his head forward. Baekhyun was freaked out, that for sure, but Chanyeol kept glaring at him as if saying ‘why are you still here?’

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol was struggling to say something but the only things came out from his mouth was groans of pain and despair. Chanyeol was hurting, he knew, and he also knew he wasn’t supposed to walk closer but he did anyway just to be yanked again by none other; Wu Yifan.

 “I see you are not dead yet, Park Chanyeol,” Yifan said.

If it was possible, Chanyeol's frown deepened as he glared at the probably taller man full of hatred.

“Your here was practically begging me to kill him just because of you,” Chanyeol whipped his head to glare at the small man. “He looked so damn pathetic that I can’t say no but then again, I want him to be pathetic. I want him to beg me to end his life but I’m not going to take his life just like that.”

Baekhyun watched as his former lover clenched his fist in a tight grip to try and handle his anger. He felt guilty again for making Chanyeol miserable with his childish thinking so he hung his head low, feeling his eyes filled with tears.

“You know what, Baekhyun?” Yifan called, “I think I’m not going to kill you. I want to see Park Chanyeol crumble beneath me.”

Yifan's smile was full with poison. It made Baekhyun cower as he tried to yank his wrist from the tight grip.

It all happened in a span of seconds, he was pushed against the wall right in front of Chanyeol so hard that his whole body hurt to just even move. Yifan kissed his neck and Baekhyun shuddered in disgust.

Yifan planned to make Chanyeol watch as he stained Chanyeol’s beloved person, as he made Baekhyun submit to him. He knew it would make such a big damage to Chanyeol because he was once in that position, when his one and only brother got killed.

“Stop…” Baekhyun plead in which Yifan turned deaf ears to. Chanyeol was looking straight into his eyes as if begging him to do something, tears gathered at the corner of his eyes, ready to flow any minutes.

Baekhyun was trembling in fear, shock and disgust. He badly want to push Yifan off him but he’s not as strong as Chanyeol. His hand was already pinned to the wall while Yifan’s people grabbed his leg in order to keep him still.

“I’m begging you. Please stop…” Baekhyun sobbed, eyes looking right back at Chanyeol. He wanted to say that he’s sorry for leaving their house, for signing the divorce papers and for thinking that he could live without Chanyeol because looking at Chanyeol that was beaten continuously made him realize that truthfully, he can’t live without Chanyeol.

If it was meant for them that it was the last day for them to be together, then Baekhyun would probably die with a lot of regret.

He regret to think that he would stop loving Chanyeol.

“Baekhyun!” he heard Chanyeol shouted his name with every strength left in his body. “Come to your senses, don’t let them touch you. You’re mine!”

To say that he was shocked was an understatement. His eyes stared at Chanyeol’s teary brown orbs in surprise.

And in that moment as if Baekhyun finally came in his senses, he struggled all his might. Yifan was obviously shocked by the other’s struggle so he pressed his body harder against the smaller man and slapped the latter on his cheek.

“I’ll tell you now, if you stop struggling and let me have my ways with you, I’ll be gentle,” Yifan growled, “Or you'll have to—”

 

Baekhyun didn’t know how it came to this, just a second ago he was molested by Yifan but the next thing he knew, he was yanked into a hug by Jongin who looked at him in concern.

“Stand behind me, alright?” Baekhyun nodded, gripping at the hem of Jongin’s cloth in fear at the bloody scene.

He saw Sehun try to free Chanyeol at the same time trying to protect both him and Chanyeol

It was bloody and Baekhyun couldn’t do anything but watch in fear at the scenes in front of him as he did his best to keep in pace with Jongin who was busy fighting that he didn’t realize Yifan was nowhere to be seen.

He found himself being yanked by his wrist into Yifan, his back pressed against Yifan’s chest. A black gun was aimed at the left side of his head.

“Chanyeol…” he called softly, voice trembling in shock. It was soft but somehow it was enough to make all Chanyeol’s gang to freeze and so do Chanyeol.

He saw Chanyeol's face drained color and he saw the way his hand curled into a tight fist. He looked broken, like all his life was out from his life as he trembles. Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol was far too gone to think rationally. It feared him that Chanyeol would do anything just to make sure that he was safe.

Chanyeol took a step forward but stopped when the gun was pressed deeper against Baekhyun’s head, “If you take any more step, he’ll be gone.”

“What the do you want bastard?!”

“I don’t want anything, I just want you to see the way your husband here dead after I shot him in front of your eyes.”

“,” Chanyeol croaked out. “Just, , don’t involve him in this. Your enemy is me not him!”

“The more reason I want to see him die.”

Even from where he stand, Baekhyun could see just how much Chanyeol was hurting. His eyes flashed with a lot of expression that he never saw in his entire life with Chanyeol.

Baekhyun's knees were shaking in nervousness because he just made up his mind. There’s only one way out and it’s either failing or success.

With his eyes closed tightly, as in to calm himself down, he bit on the arm that was holding him on his neck so hard that he could felt the metallic taste of blood.

He heard Yifan cursed in pain and spun his body to face the groaning man. He took a shaky breath and knee the man on his gut. He heard Chanyeol called his name and ran to his lover as fast he could that he failed to see how Chanyeol's eyes widened, how Yifan finally came to his senses and was ready to shoot him.

Chanyeol yanked his wrist just in time and took him to a tight hug, a very tight hug that he had a hard time to breathe. A loud bang resonated through the room and the first thing he saw was Chanyeol's face, looking at him with eyes full of concern and love.

“You okay?” Chanyeol asked.

“I…,” Baekhyun sobs, burying his head on Chanyeol chest. His chest was thumping so loud that it echoed in his ears and just taking breath hurt, “I…” he tried again but then he gasped for air as he fought to open his eyes but failing miserably and was met with darkness.

 

The moment he open his eyes, Jongin was sitting beside him with Sehun by his side. Their eyes were red and puffy as they gazed down on him.

“Where am I?” his voice sounded rough and husky as he took in his surroundings.

“You’re in a hospital,” Baekhyun tried to sit but was stopped by Jongin who frowned, “Doctor said you need to rest.”

Baekhyun sighed and nodded reluctantly, “Where’s Chanyeol?”

At the mention of his lover’s, both of them stiffened. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes as he stared at the duo, “Where’s him?”

“I will go check on Chanyeol hyung,” Sehun said out of the blue.

To say that Baekhyun was confused was an understatement as he stared at Jongin curiously, “What happened?”

“You don’t remember?” Jongin asked carefully. “About Yifan?”

It was as if tons of bricks fell on him, the realization hit him, “Oh my god…” he whispered. "Nothing happened after I passed out, right?”

The tan boy chewed on his bottom lip, “You don’t know?” There was a slight pause as Baekhyun shook his head, “When Yifan tried to shoot you, Chanyeol, he…”

 

Baekhyun sobbed as he stared at his lover. He traced the latter’s eyebrows, down towards his nose before stopping at his mouth.

“I’m sorry,” he gasped, “for not being able to be strong for you and fight for you and leaving you.”

If he had one wish,

If he had to trade his tomorrow for Chanyeol to wake up, he would.

When the doctor said that Chanyeol was in coma, he didn’t know what to feel. He has felt angry, sad, betrayed before but this, this was something new.

It depends on fate and Chanyeol’s will to wake up. He wants to be Chanyeol’s only reason to wake up but he was the one who did this to Chanyeol. Chanyeol took the bullet for him and he didn’t even knew just because he collapsed out of fright before Chanyeol did.

He spend his day watching Chanyeol, hoping for the latter to wake up from his deep slumber. Praying for the taller to have nightmare or something just to make him wake up.

 

But at night, he was the one with the nightmare.

“There’s three type of people that I hate so much; people who mess with my people, people that associates with Chanyeol and people who is like you. Very pretty yet so poisonous. You made people around you get hurt because of you. Take my brother for example—"

He didn’t want to remember but the words Kris said, it wouldn’t stop echoing in his head like a broken disk.

 

It was a week later when Chanyeol woke up and he couldn’t be happier. They spend their night watching stars from the window of Chanyeol’s ward room.

 

But somehow, it wasn’t enough to make the stupid nightmare stop haunting him in the night. And as if the night was not enough anymore, it haunts him in the day also.

 

“I’m not that stupid, Baekhyun. I know what will happen if I let Chanyeol escape in turn for you. You didn’t have anything that Chanyeol had. You only have one thing that probably useless to me, your beauty.”

He sobbed.

Useless.

It set his insecurities as his mind reeled back to the day Chanyeol was tied down on the chair with his bloody shirt.

He did that to Chanyeol.

Useless.

He is useless.

Useless.

 

He was so deep in his world that he didn’t heard the door being open and that a certain tan male was staring at him.

He did realize later when the tan male, grabbed his hand and dragged him towards god know where.

Jongin didn’t say anything, just dragging him before stopping right at the end of the hall.

“Do you want to know a secret?” Jongin asked out the blue. His face was calm and his question didn’t sound like a question either, so Baekhyun patiently waited for Jongin to continue his sentences.

“When I first came here, I thought you are the most beautiful person I had ever laid my eyes on,” Jongin chuckled and shifted his gaze towards Baekhyun in awe. “I even thought about proposing to you,” at this, Baekhyun blushed and bit his bottom lip. “But when I found out that you are actually in a relationship with Sir Chanyeol, I had to back down. Sometimes, I had a thought about what will happen if I actually steal you from Sir Chanyeol but when I thought about how he is so nice to me, I instantly shot down the idea.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

Jongin sighed, taking Baekhyun’s face into his palm as he whisper sincerely, purely, “I want you to know that you’re the most beautiful person I had ever seen in this whole world,” Baekhyun looked like he want to speak, “and you still are. You inspired me to do better in hope I can sweep you off your feet and propose. I know I’m hoping the impossible and I still am. But please, in case you’re ever doubting yourself ever again, think about how you made me breathless every single time you’re with me. Please know that you’re not useless. You’re far from it because Chanyeol will long abandon you if you are.”

Baekhyun was left speechless as he stared into Jongin’s sincere orbs.

“I… don’t know what to say,” Baekhyun said eventually, playing with his finger shyly.

“Then don’t say anything, silly,” Jongin chuckled, pulling the shorter into a hug.

In the back of his mind, he knew he will get tons of curse words from his boss but he ignored it for he was in heaven to be able to take the object of his adoration into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry that I ruined your plan of rescuing Chanyeol. I was nervous and I don’t know what to do when I saw Chanyeol in that condition.”

“It’s okay. I know you’re going to do that. To be honest, there was never a plan from the first place. We just want to assure you.”

“Holy—, you serious?!”

“Of cour—"

 

“Are you seriously cheating with me now, Byun Baekhyun?” Chanyeol eyed the couple in front of him distastefully. He almost snorted at how Baekhyun's face paled in an instant as he tried to break the hug.

“It’s not what it looks like,” he yelled in panic. “He was just comforting me and I was—"

“Save it,” growling, the tallest man took a hold of Baekhyun’s wrist and yanked him to Chanyeol’s hospital room.

“Don’t pout!”

“It really not what it looks like,” Baekhyun mouthed was itching to form into a pout but his boyfriend has already warned him to not pout so he was against it.

“Then why did you hug him like that?”

“I was having issues.”

“What issues?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“And why is that?”

“…”

“Byun Baekhyun, I said don’t pout.”

“Screw you. I can pout whenever I want,” Baekhyun yelled, mouth form into a long pout just to annoy Chanyeol.

Chanyeol sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. His hard gaze softened at the sight of the pouty lips jutted out in the most tempting way (at least for him). “You know how I feel when I get home one day just to see that you’re not in our house? Sure, I was furious but then I thought about how you’re gonna survive out there and I was so worried that I can’t even focus on anything that I do.”

“I know,” the shorter one said, pulling the tall man’s finger into his own feminine hand to rub a comforting circle. “And I’m sorry for being childish. That’s why I want to make it up to you.”

“You don’t have to make it up to me. Just you by my side is enough for me.”

“You know you sound so cheesy now.”

“I don’t care. If being cheesy wil make you stay then I’ll do it.”

Baekhyun's heart was racing but at the same time, he was upset for leaving a scar on Chanyeol’s heart that the tall man thought about him leaving every time they were together. “Look, I’m sorry I left you. But just so you know, I’m gonna be stucked with you from now on.”

“You’re just saying that."

“No. I will cling to you like a ing koala until you get tired of me but even then, I’m not gonna leave you.”

“You know it’s impossible for me to get tired of you, right?”

“I know, that’s why I said it.”

 


Author's note:

I have no idea what i wrote the fighting scene and that ending tho T-T i hate it

This is the first time i ever write mafia au and i'm not gonna lie this is like hardest thing i've ever write

Because i've been on a long hiatus my writing skill are a bit rusty 

Comment, Subscribe, Vote

p/s: I did not intend to make Baekhyun a weakling but just happen. Dont ask me why

p.p.s: yes i can't choose between chanbaek and kaibaek T-T