Final: Midsummer!

Summer Breeze

It’s been 4 years. Taeyeon has stop going there and never go to Jeju again. Whenever summer comes, Taeyeon would just sit at the chair, study her lessons and listen to music. She has been doing that for past 4 years. She feels somewhat lost. She then decided to go to the park at Seoul where Sooyoung and she would always go during their high school life. She sits at the bench. She took out a notebook and a pencil and sketches the park. The park has always been happy. There are lots of people, families and kids and mascots giving balloons everywhere. But it would turn out good if only she was feeling much better. Her drawing was just like her-sad, lonely and lost. Suddenly, Sooyoung came from her back. She noticed the sad face of Taeyeon and sat beside her.

“It’s been a long time!” Sooyoung says looking at the people around them

“Hey! Where have you been? I wasn’t able to see you for so long!”

“Are you kidding me? You are the one who never shows up? What happened? Everybody misses you especially our maknae, Seohyun!” Sooyoung protested, “What really happened?”

“Oh?! Really? I have to focus on my studies. You know we’re gonna graduate!” Taeyeon said trying to put a smile in her face.

“Bwa? Stop making an excuse! I knew it! It’s about that guy in Jeju back there 4 years ago.” Sooyoung exclaimed, “Ya Yeonie! I can see it all over your face. You’re sad!”

 “It’s just that, why love is unfair? When I finally found love, that’s the time it went away and left me! What did I ever do? I never hurt someone else and play their hearts?” Taeyeon complained. Her tears run down from her eyes. Sooyoung hugged Taeyeon.

“Don’t worry! I’m here! What’s my role of being Cheerful Princess if I don’t make all the people around me cheerful too?” Sooyoung wipes Taeyeon’s tears away, “Come with me! We’re gonna have a party at the club! You know the club where all of us 9 would always go?”

“Yeah! I remember! You know what, I should come! I really owe you all for not making it to our hang outs!” Taeyeon said taking a deep breath

Taeyeon stood up from her seat and so is Sooyoung.

“There, you’ll meet kind and loveable guys who’ll make you forget about him! I swear!” Sooyoung said raising her right hand.

They both went to Taeyeon’s dorm first and change her clothes. Sooyoung make Taeyeon look beautiful. She make-up her, dress her and even put accessories on her like a Barbie doll. Sooyoung was an expert there. After that, both of them went on the club. As soon as they entered there are already many people. There is loud music, Dj was there and it was so fun inside. Both of them head to the second floor and entered a room. AS they entered Sooyoung saw all of them.

“Guess who’s here tonight?” Sooyoung asked excitingly, “No other than our kid leader, Kim Taeyeon! Ta-da!”

All of them hugged Taeyeon. There were Sunny, Yuri, Ryeowook, Yoona, Kibum, Tiffany, Kangin, Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, Heechul, Seohyun, Kyuhyun, Jessica and Donghae. Sooyoung’s aunt was also there. She was the main reason why all of them are there. Sooyoung’s aunt was so close to all of them. They all sit down.

“Nice seeing you again, Taeyeon!” Sooyoung’s Aunt, Aunt Sophie said who’s sitting beside Sooyoung.

“Ne! Sooyoung told me that you just come back from France and that’s the reason why we were all here!” Taeyeon said shyly.

“So, Auntie, when will you come back to France?” Sooyoung asked

“Noh! You asked as if you want her to go now!” Yuri said who’s in front of Sooyoung.

“Aniyo! Im just asking! Actually I want you to see something. There are so many things that happened here! Did you remember the empty space at the Hongdae market? I got it occupied! I build my own store now! Of course~ it’s full of trending clothes, fashionable accessories and everything!” Sooyoung said happily.

“And that’s what we actually need to discuss! Sooyoung, I showed to my friend all your designs and guess what? He was amazed. He’s expression was priceless! He’s at awe when he saw all of it! He decided to take you and be the fashion designer of his company!” Aunt Sophie said taking Sooyoung’s hands.

“Who’s he? What’s his company all about? Im sure! He must be a very well respected in the world of industry!” Sooyoung said getting even more excited.

“Well, he’s actually an owner of one of the top leading companies who produce a very well trending and top fashion clothes in the world! So, what do you say? He said that as soon as you graduated he’ll quickly take you!” Aunt Sophie said making Sooyoung and the rest shocked

“Wow! Sooyoung you’re gonna be famous! You’re so lucky! You already have a job after you graduate!” Tiffany said clapping her both hands because of so much happiness.

“Well, to be honest, Aunt Sophie’s friend was so unlucky! She’ll have the biggest eater in the world in his company. Jessica was even better than you are in designing clothes!” Donghae exclaimed making Sooyoung angry.

 “Ya! Who’s talking! As if you know something about designing clothes!” Sooyoung exclaimed back

“Ya! Ya! Ya! Stop it! Don’t start a fight here! Anyways, why are you always together? Are you two in a relationship?” Heechul asked Donghae and Jessica

“Yeah! I always saw you two going out together so many times!” Yoona said pointing out Donghae and Jessica

“I wouldn’t deny it anyways, since all of you were starting to get confused, yes! We were in a relationship!” Donghae said standing in front of them.

All of them were greeting Donghae and Jessica. They all were talking about the two of them. Suddenly, Taeyeon saw Sooyoung who looks sad. She stands up and approached her.

“Hey! You ok?” Taeyeon asked standing up from her seat and went beside Sooyoung

“What are you saying?” Sooyoung said putting a fake smile, “Im ok! Since when I never became ok? Im Cheerful princess, remember?”

“Are you going toFrance and take Aunt Sophie’s proposal?” Taeyeon asked look sad.

“Ne! It’s a big opportunity! I must take it! How about you? We can work there together! I heard his company has to do with marketing too. They are looking for marketing manager! Go and take it!” Sooyoung said happily

“You know I can’t leave my family here. My dad needs me in his company. You know, he’s growing old!” Taeyeon said making Sooyoung feel much worse

“Anyways, tell me about the guy you met at Jeju!” Sooyoung said changing the topic, “How did you two met?”

“Well, I first met him at the flower garden near the church. He was really a good man. You know my favorite book? He reads it too!” Taeyeon said happily, “but one day, he just never shows up! I don’t know why. He just suddenly disappears!”

“It’s ok! Im sure you’ll be able to meet him again, don’t worry. I’ll search all over the place and find him for you! I’ll wrap him up and gave him to you!” Sooyoung said chuckling making Taeyeon burst out in tears because of laughing so hard.

They all went on dancing at the center. Sooyoung and Taeyeon went outside. Suddenly, there was a contest at the club of who’s gonna win as the best dance pair. Sooyoung took Taeyeon there and convince her to join but it must be female and male partner. Sooyoung went on stage alone. The music starts on playing. Meanwhile, someone entered their room and shouted.

“Hey! Go out and see a girl! She’s so hot! There was a dance competition and her moves were really good! It’ll make you blown away.” The guy shouted

They all decided to go out. They were shocked to see Sooyoung on stage dancing alone. They were amazed on how she dances. They never see her dance like that.

“She was really good but too bad because it must be a pair!” one of the audiences exclaimed who’s in front of them.

Suddenly everybody go wild. They all got separated from each other. One of the audiences push Donghae and he went to the stage. Sooyoung was spinning around and she fell on Donghae’s arms. Everyone started shouting. The music keeps on playing. Sooyoung was about to go out of the stage when Donghae took her hand and dance her. They both dance gracefully. All of the people were so much envious to them

“Are they a real couple? If they are, they’re perfect!”, “They look good together. There was something with them that make them both look perfect!”, “Awww! I’m so envious to the both of them!” uttered all the poeple

Finally, the song ended and they both went out of the stage. Everybody was praising Sooyoung and Donghae. A guy came to them in a black suit. He gave both of them a card.

“I saw you two dances. You two were so good! I want you to be my artist! I’m the president of one of the leading agency in Korea!” The guy said

“Sooyoung, take it! I know him! I was under his agency too!” Taeyeon exclaimed

“We’re taking it!” Donghae said quickly

“Sorry but I won’t! I already have plans for my future! And I want to be a fashion designer!” Sooyoung said giving back his card.

“But the way you dance, it’s not what it tells me! It’s like you want it and you’re going to do everything to have it!” the guy said convincing her

“Maybe, you look it on the other way but I assure you, my dance wasn’t like that! Im not gonna take it! I only have a year left and I’ll be on France.” Sooyoung said leaving.

Taeyeon followed Sooyoung. They all went back to their room. At outside of the club, Sooyoung sat at the bench. Taeyeon saw her there and sat beside her.

“Sooyoung, you can’t hide it from me! Though, you were really a good actress because no one sees it but I know because I can feel it. The president was right! You knew it!” Taeyeon said looking at Sooyoung’s eyes

“This day shouldn’t be about me! It was your story! Yeonie, it’s now midsummer! 4 years ago! Yeonie, you know the possibilities if you didn’t find him! Soon after we graduated we’ll took separate ways. You’ll be busy and won’t be able to come back there. Perhaps, if you did, it was already too late! Aren’t you going back there?” Sooyoung asked

“Don’t change the topic, Sooyoung. I’m very much worried about you since we took different courses.” Taeyeon said to her, “Ok. I’ll make a deal with you. I’m going back there and find him. If I did, I’ll tell him my feelings and when I did that, you have to confess your feeling to Donghae. But if I wasn’t able to do it, I’ll let you off to France!”

“Yeonie?!”

“Take it or take it?”

“What choices do I have? Take it!”

Taeyeon hugged Sooyoung. It’s another day again. They wake up early and they both went together at Jeju. Taeyeon was in her room, preparing herself. She was afraid to see him again. She didn’t know if he’s still the same or not. Finally, she went there, same time, same place. She was dressed with a white dress and wears a 1.5 inch heels. She wasn’t able to see him there but she decided to wait for him.

 3 hours have passed and still no presence of the guy. She decided to go inside the church first. She sat at the middle and prays. A guy came out of the cell and passes by her. She got her eyes closed and was praying hard. She was hoping to see him soon. Suddenly, she opened her eyes. She smell a familiar smelled. It was like she has smelled it before. She remembers the guy she met. It was the same smell. She quickly remembers the guy who just passed by her few seconds ago. She quickly went out of the church. She looks for the guy but it already disappears. She just decided to go home. She was sad. Suddenly, she met Sooyoung.

“Yeonie! There was a feast at our house! Let’s go!” Sooyoung invited Taeyeon happily         

Taeyeon couldn’t refuse because Sooyoung already took her hands and pull her. Finally, they were at Sooyoung’s house. It was their ancestral house but it look doesn’t like ancestral. There are so many things that are already old yet their house was still looks fancy. Everybody was there. All of their friends are there.

“Yeonie! I want you to meet my oppa!” Sooyoung said excitingly

“Soo!”

Suddenly while Taeyeon was standing at the center, Sooyoung came from her back and her oppa. Taeyeon turned around and was shocked to see who it was. She was shaking.

“Yeonie! My oppa, Choi Siwon! Oppa, my best friend, Kim Taeyeon!” Sooyoung introduced them to each other.

At that time, Taeyeon’s tears suddenly run down. It was the guy she met at the flower garden near the church. Sooyoung looked at them. That’s when she realizes that it was her oppa the guy Taeyeon met.

“So, it was you!” Sooyoung giggle, “If I only had known, I would have introduced you two to each other earlier! Taeyeon was looking for you, oppa! For 4 years, she’s been waiting!”

“What’s happening here?” Donghae said confusingly

“You’re looking for me?” Siwon asked to Taeyeon.

“Ne! I don’t know why. Im foolish! But whenever I walk around, I found myself there, coming back again and again. Waiting for someone who’ll never come!” Taeyeon answered

“Wait! You two knew each other?” Donghae keeps on asking, “How did you two met?”

“Ya! Stop being an intruder!” Sooyoung said to Donghae who was confused like everyone, “Yeonie, where did you get your necklace from?”

“Huh? This?” Taeyeon asked showing her necklace, “I receive this as a present from someone on my birthday. I really don’t~ Sooyoung!”

“Ne! That gift was made by me but the necklace isn’t really mine! It was Oppa’s!” Sooyoung said making both Taeyeon shocked and Siwon, “Truthfully, I knew it already! I found it out when I went to the church last year. I got talked with the priest and he told me something. He said that Oppa has a friend there and he would always meet her there last 3 years ago every summer. That’s when I realize that it was you. I read your diary about that guy you always meet at the flower garden near the church. You keep coming back there even though you never don’t know his name.”

“Sooyoung!” said Siwon who’s now beside Taeyeon

“Mianhae! But after I knew it, I can’t stop myself from doing something!” Sooyoung reasoned, “I always saw Taeyeon sad after what happened to the both of you and now that I know I can do something so I planned this!”

“To tell you honestly, I already saw you from Sooyoung’s pictures before, I thought you were just look alikes so I didn’t mind but after realizing that it was you I just couldn’t help myself. Actually, I’ve been there always every summer, I’ll just look at and watch you from a far, and when you stopped going there, I went to Seoul. I found out that you were studying at the same university Sooyoung went to. I always go there and follow you! I never thought that you’ll be looking out for me! I thought that you just want some time to spend alone but I was wrong!”

“Aniyo! It’s ok. It’s actually all my fault. I left with no words but goodbye! I was just shocked that I leave you like that!” Taeyeon said

“I really like you and nothing changes from the first time I met you! I know it’s foolish to never show myself to you but I thought it was just a short-time yet it wasn’t. It was true! I’m sorry!” Siwon apologized by taking Taeyeon’s hands and looking at her eyes

“I like you too but I haven’t got the opportunity to say it to you since you never showed but now I can say it. Jeongmal Joahae!” Taeyeon said

“Sooyoung, Kamsahmnida!” Siwon thanked Sooyoung.

A day has passed. It was early in the morning. They were all awake finally. They were all at the kitchen eating breakfast. Suddenly, one of the maids there came in.

“Ma’am, Miss Choi. Um… Sooyoung, she’s not in her room. I think she already left. I found this on her room.” The maid said giving the recorder to Sooyoung’s mom.

They played it and they heard Sooyoung’s voice.

“Mianhae, omma, appa, oppa, auntie and everyone for not even saying goodbye to all of you and left like that. I was in a hurry so I already left. Don’t come chasing me because at the time you found this, I’m already somewhere far. I won’t be able to graduate there and finish my study here at France. Yeonie, I know I made a promise but Im sorry if I won’t be able to say it to him face to face but I’ll let him know through this! Donghae, I don’t know if you are listening but I hope not. Actually, you were a very good friend of oppa. You always make him happy and you never leave my oppa. That’s why I’m very thankful to you. And that’s why… I like you, Lee Donghae. I have like you ever since we are kids and it grew and grew until I completely have fallen in love with you. Too bad because I know this love won’t be repay by loving me back too, right? But it’s ok. I’ve learned to hide my feelings and made it without noticing it by the others. I’m not expecting you to love me back but I was hoping at least. However, I know you are happy with where you are right now and with who you are with. I pray for your happiness and that you two may last long.”

Everyone was shocked to hear the message. They never thought that Sooyoung like Donghae because Sooyoung never showed it before. Jessica was smiling.

“Sica, why?” tiffany asked Jessica.

“You are a fool Donghae to hurt someone like Sooyoung. You should have never told that to everyone. Actually, to tell you all honestly, about me and Donghae was just a play. It wasn’t really true! It was all a play made by Donghae!” Jessica exclaimed

“I knew it! I knew it from the start that about you and Jessica was just a play but too bad because someone takes it too seriously. What are you going to do now, Donghae?” Siwon said smiling

“Donghae, are you really gonna let her go like this? I can see it in your eyes, I know you like her too. Don’t just stand there! You can still make it! Sooyoung took a 6:00 flight! I saw it in here passport. Go!” Taeyeon said.

Donghae took his things and go. Siwon took his car and they used it to go to the airport. Taeyeon was with them. They were at the airport. They quickly find Sooyoung. “The 6:00 flight for France is now preparing for departure. All the passengers go on board.”  The announcer said. They all quickly went to the waiting shed. They saw all the passengers are now leaving. They saw Sooyoung who’s about to go.

“Sooyoung!” Donghae shouted running towards Sooyoung. He hugged Sooyoung tight. Sooyoung was shocked to see him there.

“Noh! What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here!” Sooyoung exclaimed

“How can you leave us like this? You don’t even give me an opportunity to confess my feelings for you!” Donghae protested

Sooyoung look on the other way

“I don’t want to hear everything that you have to say. I’m leaving!” Sooyoung said

“Sooyoung, Look into my eyes!” Donghae hold her, “I love you! And that’s true. About me and Sica was just a play, I love you and that’s the truth!” Donghae shouted making the entire people look at them.

“Sooyoung, believe him. That’s true!” Taeyeon said

Sooyoung’s tears suddenly run down. She was speechless. She doesn’t know what to do. Donghae kissed her in her lips making Sooyoung shocked

Finally, they got out of the airport. Sooyoung didn’t leave for France and just decided to stay here.

“So, what are your plans now, Soo?” Taeyeon asked her while walking

“I’m gonna graduate here and after that I still don’t know!” Sooyoung answered.

“Take the president’s offer! He still waits for you!” Taeyeon said happily.

“Would he accept me?” Sooyoung said

“Don’t you know? After you dance, he never stops asking Taeyeon and Donghae to convince you!” Siwon said

“Arasso! I’ll take it!” Sooyoung decided, “Wait! How about Sica now?”

“I told you it’s just a play we make to make Heechul feel jealous!” Donghae exclaimed, “Heechul finally became Jessica’s boyfriend! They are now together!”

“Oh! Really! Then how about you two?” Sooyoung asked Taeyeon and Siwon, “What are your plans?”

“I’ll introduce him formally to Omma and Appa. Dad said he’ll put me in the field, in the marketing to manage the mall after we graduated. You know Dad and Mr. Choi were business partners in the mall so I can still see him there.” Taeyeon said

“But Oppa, aren’t you at our university because you have business with Mr. Park? Then, I guess you two will still be able to see each other at the university!” Sooyoung said happily making fun of them teasing them

Suddenly, wind blew strongly just like before when they met. Both Taeyeon and Siwon look at each other.

“Weird! The wind was so cold yet the sun was blistering!” Sooyoung wondered, “It gives me a weird feeling!”

Both Taeyeon and Siwon both laugh. They knew that it was the same wind. It feels like it was starting again for the two of them but this time, they won’t separate from each other. They’ll always be with each other. The same wind brought them together just like how they first met.