Restart

It all started with us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2k words.

x

 

Son Naeun.

The head of general surgeon in Sungwon Hospital. She is a skilled surgeon that every surgeon envy at her.

Naeun is the perfect definition of 21th century's princess. She got the look, brain, skill, and happy family. It's only her father and her in the Son family. Her father is the General Commander of Special Forces Unit of South Korea. You bet he's one like the king. She was called a princess with reasons.

But, even a princess is not perfect.

What is this princess did not have?

Glass shoes?

No.

Ice powers?

No.

Magic?

Triple no.

Happy ending?

Maybe.

Prince charming.

Hell yes.

That is one of the reason on why she was called a princess. A princess always waits for her prince charming to come. Naeun's prince charming has not make his appearance yet. At least that's what they think.

Naeun would like to think that way as well.

Her prince charming has not yet to make his appearance.

In fact, he did.

He showed up. They were happy. Then he left.

It's been a year since he showed up.

Naeun has been regretting her decision that night. She should have been noticed that he was going to leave her. Either he was killed or he will meet someone better than her.

He is a soldier, after all.

 

x

 

Kim Jongin.

First Class Lieutenant of the Special Force Team. He has been the right hand and leading the team with excellency in doing and carrying duties along with his Captain, Oh Sehun. Jongin's nickname is Kai.

Jongin is best known as a one-shot killer; sniper and his burning spirits of winning.

He never wanted to lose in his life. That's why he joined the army and serves as a soldier.

He can't imagine himself being defeated.

He hates on losing.

That was  until she came into the frame of his life.

She only supposed to be a one time acquaintance only.

But her presence can't seem to leave from his heart.

Yes, his heart.

She claimed it.

That's when Jongin knows he is losing —he still is.

He cannot have her.

He lost.

 

x

 

"Did you know our hospital listed as one of the hospital who offered volunteers?"

Naeun is arranging the patient's chart on board and Hayoung is updating the patient's data online. Hayoung is the youngest nurse in the surgeon department. She is the one Naeun can trust, after him.

"What about that?" Naeun still working on the chart.

Hayoung stop from clicking the mouse and look up at the doctor. "Rumor has it that from our department, there will be 6 volunteers."

This time Naeun put the chart down and look at the young girl. "The problem is..."

"The problem is, the director will choose whoever he wants to send from our department. I mean, that's not volunteering." Hayoung protests.

Naeun chuckles. "Why? Don't you want to be a volunteer? I thought you said you were dying seeing the same faces in our hospital. Right?"

Hayoung's face blush in embarrassment, "That's right, but this is different." She pouts.

Naeun pick up the chart again and start writing on the last column.

 

 

x

 

 

"Captain Oh Sehun!"

"Sergeant Major Kim Jongin!"

"Reporting!"

 

"Following the earthquake in Arachova, our team have been asked to lead the rescuing operation." Their superior said.

"I thought they weren't any serious cases?" Sehun questioned.

"An aftershock can happen. Get your team ready, you will get on board by 14:00 tomorrow. Any problem?"

"No sir!"

"Good. You may go. And, the will be a medical services team will joining us."

After paying respect to their superrior they left the office.

 

"I thought our mission in Greece last year will give us a year long vacation. I guess we are coming back there." Sehun complains.

"Yah, let's have a drink. Who knows this might be our last night at Seoul."

Jongin look at him, "I'm sorry, I have to go somewhere else."

"What? Kim Jongin are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"You actually reject my —wait! Don't tell me you're seeing a girl on my back!" Sehun says; excited.

Jongin's face remain stoic. "It's not like that."

Sehun gives him a teasing nod. "Right. You can go. Say a hello to her from me." Grinning, Sehun walks away leaving Jongin alone.

 

Jongin walks down the street, alone.

It's been a month since he got back to Seoul. But he never miss a day going to Sungwon Hospital to see her.

Even tonight.

"Who knows this might be our last night in Seoul"

He walks through the entrance of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter