Error

Error

Yoongi suppressed the urge to smack the BTS leader. “How the hell did you manage to break the computer, again?” he asked angrily. Namjoon shrugged from the other side of the room, ready to make a break for freedom if Yoongi decided to throw something at him again. “Didn’t we get the virus protection on there after the last time?” he said exasperatedly as he stared at the blue error screen currently showing on the computer monitor.

 

“It wasn’t anything like that!” Namjoon spluttered. Yoongi threw him a disbelieving look. “Honest! I was working on the new song and I pressed something then suddenly the screen turned blue!” Yoongi huffed loudly. “I’m too tired to deal with this. Call manager hyung. He knows someone who is good with computers.” Yoongi said as he got up and left the studio, leaving Namjoon alone with the computer. Namjoon frowned at the machine. “Why do you always break?” he muttered as he sent a text to their manager, not wanting to call him at such a late hour. He pulled out the power cord and shut everything else down before leaving the studio to get some well needed sleep.

 

The next morning he received a call from his manager who first of all complained about the computer being broken, yet again, and told him to be at the studio in an hour because his dongsaeng was going to be there to fix it. He quickly showered and headed back to the studio, grumbling about his lack of sleep. He arrived at the studio and took a seat, trying to keep himself awake. He was startled by a loud knock at the door. He jumped to his feet and was surprised to see a girl around his age standing there. “Hi, I’m here to look at a computer?” she said brightly.

 

“U-uh, yeah, it’s right over there.” He said quickly, pointing at the machine. She smiled and entered the small room, taking a seat on the computer chair. “I’m Amy, by the way.” she said with a smile before she turned to the computer and turned it on. Namjoon came up beside her, feeling a little embarrassed about his lack of introduction. “Sorry, Manager Hyung didn’t say his dongsaeng was a girl, you caught me unawares. I’m Namjoon.”

 

She smiled up at him, “I know. I’m a big fan.” She admitted easily. “Although my brother has threatened me not to fan girl or make a fool out of myself.” She said with a chuckle as she started typing away on the computer. Namjoon watched her fingers fly over the keyboard as she tried to find the source of the problem. “So what were you doing when the computer stopped working? My brother said you were probably looking at again.” Namjoon choked on air, his face burning with embarrassment. “I wasn’t!” he shouted, waving his arms in front of him. She laughed at his cute gestures. “It’s ok, your secret is safe with me.” She said teasingly as she gave him a wink.

 

They chatted while she worked on fixing the computer. Half an hour later, she had managed to fix the problem. “That should be it. If you have any more problems I’ll come by again.” she said with a smile. Her brother appeared at the door at that moment and offered her a ride home. She gave Namjoon a wave before heading out.

 

Later that day, Namjoon was sitting in the studio working on the song he had been working on the night before, trying to redo the work that had been lost. His mind kept on returning to Amy. He had thought about asking her for her number, but his manager had interrupted before he had gotten the chance. He pondered over how he could meet her again when inspiration hit. He quickly saved all of his work (mainly so that Yoongi wouldn’t completely lose his ) and accidentally on purpose knocked over his coffee mug.

 

Unfortunately, he completely missed the computer and only succeeded in covering his chair in coffee. He cursed quietly under his breath as he looked around for some tissues. He was surprised when the box suddenly appeared beside him. He turned around and saw Amy standing with the box, a small smile on her face. “You know that computers and coffee don’t mix, right?” she said teasingly. Namjoon gave her a sheepish grin as they mopped up the coffee.

 

“What are you doing back here?” he asked as he threw the large pile of tissues into the bin by the desk. “I left my recovery USB here this morning.” She said as she picked up a USB from the desk that Namjoon didn’t recognise and had assumed belonged to one of the members. She pocketed the USB and smiled at him. “You know, if you want to replace your spilled coffee, I know a great little place just around the corner. It’s full of ajummas so the chances of you not being recognised is pretty good.” Namjoon grinned at her. “Sounds perfect.” he said as he pulled on his jacket. Just as they were about to leave she said, “And next time you wanna see me, just call me, please don’t break your computer again.” she said with a laugh, indicating a small card on the desk that Namjoon had overlooked that had her name and number on it. Namjoon spluttered as he followed her out of the studio, trying to explain himself while she could only laugh at his flustered expression.