1/1

The Frog & The Two Men

It’s 6am when Taehyun hears deadly screams in the floor corridor.

 

He curses under his breath and turn to the other side but the screams won’t stop. Now he can distinguish some words such as “monster” and “help” and he can no longer swear at the person waking him up on a Sunday morning.

What if it’s a serial killer?

 

The thought crosses his mind. The person yelling could be a victim, but coming into the scene would put him in danger too. Or it’s just too many episodes of Dexter the night before messing up with his mind.

 

He drags himself out of bed, half unwillingly. There are only three apartments on his floor and one of them belong to the hot neighbour.

 

The hot neighbour aka Song Mino -Taehyun had accidently read his name on his mailbox- who’s probably out, his Saturday night still unfinished. Plus, the high pitched voice screaming for help can’t possibly belong to him. His voice is raw and deep, and it does things to Taehyun he’d rather avoid thinking about on his way to save the threatened life.

 

He opens his door, his hair dishevelled and his white shirt slightly up, revealing his hipbone. It doesn’t matter to him given the situation, at least before recognizing the victim in question.

 

It’s the hot neighbour, only a towel around his waist, water running down his toned skin and his hair still wet with shampoo.

Taehyun just stares for an indeterminate time, not knowing what’s shocking him the most: the fact that his crush can reach some high pitched notes; that he’s basically standing half -and wet- outside; or that he looks very messy before the last person he wants to look messy in front of.

 

“The-there is a f-frog.” The wet man breaks the silence, holding onto his mouth in horror.

 

Taehyun just keeps staring, trying to understand this new code. Not that he has any code with the man, he’s only exchanged ‘hi’ and ‘have a nice day/evening’ for the past weeks.

 

“In th-the shower!” The man continues, his eyes screaming for help.

The other gets it then. The other neighbour has frogs and he had once found one of them inside his apartment. The animals tend to jump in the balcony and sometimes go inside if the window is open. And Mino had suffered from that terrible fate. Terrible at least from the way he reacted.

 

“I will get it to leave.” He assures, not confident but just affirmative.

 

The man nods and steps backward in a way to invite him inside his apartment. Taehyun would’ve probably wished for another reason to get in that place but it’s still better than never.

The flats have all the same structure so it doesn’t take him long to find the bathroom and get to the frog sitting inside the shower. He takes the animal in his hands, not the least disgusted and walks toward the balcony where he puts it and closes the window behind it.

He then turns around and steps out of the apartment.

 

“It’s clear now.” He chuckles, the absurdity of the situation finally hitting him.

Mino blushes in return, probably from embarrassment and Taehyun rushes to reassure him. “I would’ve packed my stuff and left this place though if I hadn’t been used to see frogs in my childhood.”

He’s sharing a personal information but before he can feel conscious of his act, the man smiles in his direction.

“I would’ve still disliked them if I had seen them when young.” He chuckles and adds, “I would love to invite you over to thank you but I still have shampoo in my hair.”

 

Taehyun can’t help but laugh. “It’s okay, you just made my Sunday entertaining.”

He wants to slap himself for letting the words leave his mouth. He can’t be more obvious than this.

“It’s early in the morning. I can still make your Sunday more entertaining than this.” The man suddenly smirks and Taehyun can notice the different look in his eyes, studying his frame and fixating the bare hip bone that now feels way too hot. He’s either aware of his feelings or finds him attractive.

Probably the first option.

 

“I would love to invite you for breakfast to thank you…” The neighbour pauses and stares into his eyes. “And maybe for other things.”

 

Both options.  

 

“I think I would like to get compensated for my stolen sleep…” Taehyun replies and unconsciously bites his lips. “And to know about those other things.”

Mino’s smirk widens and the man can’t help but smile in return.

“Well before I go finish my shower and prepare the breakfast, I would like to ask you one of those things. What’s your name?”

“Taehyun.” The man answers, still beaming. “What is yours?” He asks to not sound suspicious.

“Mino. I’m looking forward to see you later Taehyun.”

The sound of his name in that husky voice is enticing. Or at least Mino makes it seem that way.

“Me too, Mino.”

 

Waking up to save lives was totally worth it.