Final

Daughter of the Spies

 

Final : Friends, child and parents


 

Park Chanyeol had known about Oh Ahreum ever since he entered high school in his first year. He knew Ahreum was infamous throughout guys and girls because of herself. Who wouldn’t know about Oh Ahreum, the number one pretty face of their high school, the school’s pride.

She was beautiful, intelligent – simply to be said she was breathtaking with her honey brown doe eyes, smooth fair skin, cute button nose and pouty rosy lips also her straight black shiny long hair. When she smiled, she had taken all the guys heart with her making girls jealous all over. When she cried or pouted, it seemed like everyone mood change, that’s how powerful the influence of Oh Ahreum.

Ahreum never had a close friend ever since her high school years, that was what Chanyeol knew from his best friend, Byun Baekhyun. Additional info was she really never had any close friends since elementary, childhood friend even.

In fact, Chanyeol knew that Ahreum was close with her parents. Of course, child loves their parents in this world, after all parents were important to a child. They raised their children with love and gave everything to make them happy. Chanyeol was aware of that, but he wondered if Ahreum love her parents much till she didn’t want to have any friend? Chanyeol didn’t have any answer for that.

Then, a year passed by, Chanyeol and Ahreum were in the same class in their second year. Chanyeol found out from Baekhyun one day that Ahreum’s boyfriends always change like clothes.

“The girls were gossiping about her again,” Baekhyun started, eyeing Ahreum that was reading Physics book for the next class. Luckily, she sat at the corner of the first row in the class, so she didn’t even realize two boys in the class were stealing glance at her especially the one named Park Chanyeol.

“About?” Chanyeol asked curiously while writing lyrics popping in his head.

“She dumped Kim Suho, the school council president a week ago and not long after, two days ago, she dumped Kim Jongin, the school hottest playboy even before he could dump her. Man, that girl is dangerous!” Baekhyun sassed.

Chanyeol lifted up his face, glancing at Ahreum then facing Baekhyun again.

“I don’t think she is a girl who likes to do those things, like breaking people hearts. What do you think, Baek?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “She looked ultra innocent to me.” Baekhyun remarked.

Chanyeol nodded. He didn’t give much thoughts about Ahreum anymore, it was just he liked how Baekhyun would tell him about Oh Ahreum. He once asked Baekhyun if he had a crush on the girl, Baekhyun suddenly laughed, making the people in the cafeteria glared at them – mostly to Baekhyun because he was noisy.

“She? Pfft…ha ha ha…she?!” Baekhyun slapped the table several times and Chanyeol really had trouble to swallow his food.

“Don’t make a joke with me, Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said seriously.

Before Chanyeol could reply, Baekhyun cut him off. “Who want a girl like that? I think senior Taeyeon is much better than she. No offense man, but she’s not my type.”

“Why?”

Baekhyun grinned. “At least senior Taeyeon seem nicer and normal.”

“Huh? Isn’t Ahreum a normal girl too?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrows.

Baekhyun shook his head. He looked around to make sure no one could hear them especially Ahreum. “Normal is important, Chanyeol. Normal.” Baekhyun emphasized making Chanyeol curious than ever.

“What kind of normal are you telling me about, Baekhyun?”

“Parents.” he stated.

Chanyeol bit his lips, wanting to ask more but Baekhyun as always, he told Chanyeol the reason again.

“Rumors said that her parents are men. Not ordinary gay like that, but her parents also one of the  best top elite spies in the world especially in our country.”

Chanyeol widened his eyes. “She’s not an adopted child, isn’t she?”

Baekhyun shook his head. Chanyeol feared to hear what Baekhyun will tell him but he couldn’t even deny the truth of what Baekhyun told him about, “Her parent’s spy organization had scientists that can create pregnant hormone for males. So, exactly one of her parents decided to take the pills to create pregnant hormones for male. So, he can bear a child of themselves without adopting any children, that is the privilege given for the male spies that had fallen in love with their partner, doing that too can make sure the spies organization is safe from any outsider hacking on them using the adopted child to know the government secrets. Also, it’s true about the organization only let the spies of them to marry their partner in the organization, they won’t even let a normal person marry the spy, understand?”

Chanyeol slowly nodded. “It’s two in one process. Benefit to the organization and the spies too.”

Soon, time passed and Chanyeol found out he was being partnered with Ahreum in gym class for basket ball game.

He didn’t even understand why girls should join guys for their PE class today, they should be playing netball somewhere else. Then, who the heck told the teacher to combine girls and boys classes and made them partnered with each other in basket ball game?

Chanyeol was irritated. He was annoyed if they just suggested this to the PE teacher for their own liking, Chanyeol didn’t like to play a game with people who didn’t know the rules. He will lose passion to play because basketball was his favorite game.

“Nice to be your partner, Park Chanyeol.” Oh Ahreum stood in front of Chanyeol while smiling, tearing Chanyeol from his deep thoughts and raging heart.

The dazed off Chanyeol looked at her and tried to smile, but it seemed creepy because Chanyeol was feeling angry than ever. “Uh, nice to meet you, Ahreum.”

During the game, Chanyeol ignored the death glares from Ahreum’s fanboys club members also his own guys classmates. He totally felt irritated to play the sport he always enjoyed because of this, in the middle of the game, Chanyeol got the ball and he saw many were after him because he got the ball.

Chanyeol truly wanted to do a buzzer beater dunk but he was stopped by the other team with many members so he only caught a glimpse of Ahreum and Baekhyun in a corner of his right side. So, he tried passing the ball to one of them, he hoped they could catch the ball right on time.

Out of the blue, Chanyeol widened his eyes when he saw Ahreum was lying on the floor with her forehead bleeding because of her fall to the floor. Baekhyun couldn’t catch her earlier because he was too focused on the ball and when he realized the ball passed him and a sudden thud, he was quite shocked that Ahreum had fainted because of Chanyeol’s pass.

Chanyeol hurriedly lifted Ahreum in bridal style way and rushed to the infirmary. He was worried because Ahreum was hurt due to his own mistake of calculating the distance whether she could catch it or not.

Luckily to Chanyeol, Baekhyun followed him to the infirmary and opened the door for him. The school nurse hurriedly rushed to them and Chanyeol asked her to treat Ahreum.

Because of that, Chanyeol waited for Ahreum to wake up.

When Ahreum woke up, the first thing she did was she cried her heart out making Chanyeol felt guilty and Baekhyun tried to calm her down because the school nurse had gone home because of some problems.

“I’m sorry.” that was the first thing Chanyeol said when Ahreum had calmed down. “I thought either you or Baekhyun could catch the ball, but it was my mistake instead. I’m sorry, Oh Ahreum.”

Ahreum wiped her tears stained cheek. “It’s okay. I was at fault too for not focusing in the game.”

When both admitted their mistakes, Baekhyun decided to go home first, leaving the two teenagers in the infirmary.

“Do you want me to accompany you home?” asked Chanyeol nervously.

Ahreum shook her head.

“Mama will come later…” she answered slowly.

Mama?

So, the rumors were false?

Chanyeol asked his heart and decided to shove his thoughts.

“So, you want me to accompany you here?”

“It’s okay. I’m fine with being alone. You can go home first.”

Chanyeol rose from his seat and waved his hand at Ahreum.

Ahreum waved back and loudly said. “See you tomorrow, Park Chanyeol.”

Thanks to that event, Chanyeol and Baekhyun knew about Ahreum personality more because the girl will come to their table and have a chat with them on recess time, making guys jealous all over when she offered the food she cooked to both of them.

 

One day, after school, Chanyeol and Ahreum hid behind the school building to see Baekhyun confessed his love for Taeyeon – the senior that will graduate in three months later. Baekhyun wanted them to be his strength if he was rejected by Taeyeon.

Baekhyun was smiling all over when the senior accepted his love.

Ahreum and Chanyeol walked out from their hiding spot and congratulate him and Taeyeon.

“Hey, congrats sassy diva boy~” Ahreum teased, showing her perfect white teeth.

Baekhyun scoffed and Chanyeol laughed.

Taeyeon blushed when she knew the relationship between three of them as friends because of their constant teasing.

“Hey, I’m not a diva!”

“Then, you’re a gossip queen?” Ahreum smirked.

“Oh Ahreum!” Baekhyun raised his voice.

“Senior,” Ahreum took a step closer to the still giggling Taeyeon. “I hope you two can be together and get married. Just wait for Baekhyun until he graduate, even if he is childish like that, he honestly mature and rational for his age…”

Baekhyun got teary suddenly, feeling his heart flutter when Ahreum’s told his good points to Taeyeon.

Suddenly, Chanyeol added. “…sometimes.”

And that made Baekhyun hit Chanyeol till his face was swolledn and Ahreum joined their fight later to stop them.

 

It was the last day of the school festival late in the spring. That day, Ahreum forced Chanyeol to company her in her food travelling trap in the school building. Baekhyun was there too, but of course spending his sweet time with Taeyeon in the haunted house together.

Chanyeol and Ahreum was weird too about this, but the couple really love haunted house. They willingly to enter the haunted house in the school festival five times in a row for three days and the last day, they said they will enter the house for six times.

Ahreum told Chanyeol it was best to leave the freak couple alone in the school festival and asked him to company her in her food travel.

Tasting the spicy rice cakes, black bean noodles , homemade biscuits and others till Ahreum fell on the floor when they was walking.

Chanyeol kneeled down to take a look at Ahreum face.

“My stomach hurt, Chanyeol…” she muttered.

Chanyeol took her to the infirmary and the nurse said that Ahreum ate too much food, that her stomach couldn’t even accept it anymore. So, they halted their activity and Ahreum was nagging to Chanyeol how much she wanted to eat the school festival food.

“There will be a chance again next year, Ahreum. Don’t be sad.” Chanyeol tried to reassure the grumpy Oh Ahreum that was bedridden in the infirmary.

Ahreum pouted.

“Papa and mama always want me to eat a balance diet food and always stop me from eating much food. This is my only chance! I wonder if next year they will come to see me in the school festival? Mama will sure to tell papa about my eating habits. Oh my…”

“They love you because they don’t want to see you sick,”  Chanyeol uttered. “Like this…”

“Let’s give up this year, Ahreum…”

Ahreum nodded and told Chanyeol to watch Baekhyun and Taeyeon performance in the school hall. The couple decided to join the singing competition for the school festival because it was Taeyeon last year in the school and Baekhyun wanted them to spend their school time together.

After their performance, Chanyeol stepped in the infirmary while dressed as a clown.

“Don’t be sad, Oh Ahreum!” he shouted making the school nurse shot a glare at him, but didn’t say anything for his silly face actions.

Ahreum laughed so much.

“Ugly! Ugly face…hahaha…”

Till her stomach hurt again suddenly and Chanyeol was chased out of the room by the nurse only to see Baekhyun and Taeyeon showed him their second place prize – couple ring.

 

 

It was on Taeyeon’s graduation day that Ahreum confessed her love to Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn’t know how to react at first but thanks for Baekhyun’s kicking him on his shin, Chanyeol was back to the real world in the instant.

“Let’s go on a date this Saturday, Chanyeol.” Ahreum stated after they were left alone by the couple.

“Where to?”

“Erm, Seoul plaza.” Ahreum answered.

Chanyeol nodded his head, still surprised about his decision of accepting Ahreum’s love. He truly didn’t notice Ahreum’s feeling all this time and he too didn’t realize his own feeling, that really like Ahreum more than friend.

Thanks to a certain couple, their journey began.

 

The next day, Chanyeol realized he was late for two hours since the actual time of the date. The reason why he was late was because he was too engrossed of picking couple ring and shirts for today date earlier and Ahreum was seen crying somewhere in the plaza.

“I’m sorry.”

“You hurt my heart, Chanyeol. You don’t love me?” Ahreum asked, feeling betrayed because of Chanyeol’s lateness.

“I’m sorry, Ahreum. It just that I want to give you couple ring and shirt so we can wear together for today’s date! I was too engrossed in picking these until I realized the time…”

Ahreum looked at Chanyeol right and left hand. It was true and Chanyeol didn’t lie.

Ahreum felt her heart healed already and she decided to tease Chanyeol a little.

“I don’t believe you…”

“Believe me. It’s true and I’m sorry!” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t –“ and suddenly Chanyeol raised his voice for everyone to hear.

“I love my honey, Oh Ahreum. So, please believe me that I don’t lie to you and I really love Oh Ahreum! I love you!”

And with that, Chanyeol pulled Ahreum for a kiss.

They stayed like that for a moment and Ahreum blushed. “It is sweet, it felt so sweet like cotton candy~”

The people smiled at their cheesiness and fluffy moments after that.

 

 

Time passed by and the three of them became third year student. As a senior, Baekhyun asked Ahreum to teach him the subjects he was weak on because he wanted to enter the same university as Taeyeon. For Ahreum and Chanyeol they tried their best in the exam and their relationship. There were no problems until the day they graudated.

“We passed the exam! Now, we can graduate, lucky me! I will not repeat the year again! Thank you Ahreum!” Baekhyun smiled happily as he hugged Ahreum.

“Hello~ did you forget who you hug, uh?” Chanyeol ‘dark jealous’ voice said from behind.

Baekhyun immediately let go of Ahreum and grinned at Chanyeol.

“Sorry, it just that she helped me a lot.”

“You should tell senior Taeyeon we had graduated from high school today.” Chanyeol remaked and was agreed by Ahreum nodding her head with a confident face.

“I told her, but she couldn’t come since she had class today. But, she promised we will celebrate it with her homemade cake and a feast. Also,” Baekhyun smiled. “I will meet her parents for an engagement tonight! It’s what we had promised.”

“Ahreum, congratulations. You had graudated from high school.” a voice said from behind.

The three teenagers turned to face the owner of the voice and in front of them two mans were holding a bouquet of flower in their hands.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol changed their gazes.

“Papa!” Ahreum hugged the tall man with his dyed auburn hair after he gave her a bouquet of red roses. “Oh, I missed you!”

“You don’t miss me?” a sulky like voice asked. The shorter man from the taller smiled sweetly at Ahreum. He had blonde hair, black doe eyes and plump rosy lips. He looked like a high schooler with a cute face. The same go to the tall man, but he looked like a 28 years old business man.

“Mama! Of course I missed you too. You’ve gone for two months!”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned to face the Ahreum’s parents.

“The rumors are true.” Chanyeol concluded.

He still remembered Baekhyun told him about Ahreum’s parents one year ago and it was true.

“Oh, Ahreum. Who are these guys?” the shorter male asked.

Ahreum smiled then she introduced Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “Mama, this are my bestfriends. They’re the first bestbest friends I made in school. But, the best is him,” she pointed Baekhyun. “He’s like a diva and I enjoyed being by her side. He’s my bestbest friends.”

Ahreum really emphasized the words best friends for Chanyeol who didn’t even know the real reason.

“Best friend.” the tall male sighed in relief.

“Papa, mama…” Ahreum went to Chanyeol’s side and held on his right hand. “This is my best friend also my boyfriend, Park Chanyeol.”

The tall and short male exchanged their gazes and Chanyeol found the way they smiled were creepy.

“Boyfriend?”

“Oh, uh…boyfriend again?”

“Hmm~ dear Lulu, what should we do?” the taller asked.

“Honey Hunnie, I think we should…get to know our Ahreum boyfriend more~” the shorter male chuckled and Chanyeol felt his skin crawled.

“Nice to meet you, the Ohs. Oh Ahreum’s parents. I am Park Chanyeol and I had decided to ask your permission  for a marriage with Ahreum. I really love Ahreum!” Chanyeol stated bravely even if he felt cold icy glares of the taller. Baekhyun beside Chanyeol noticed that Ahreum was shaking at that time and blushed. It mean that she really felt embarrassed and nervous at the same time.

Then, Kim Jongin – the ex of Ahreum walked passed them but stopped when he saw Ahreum’s parents for a glance.

Jongin felt his knees were shaking when he saw the parents.

“Oh, hi…long time not see you.” Jongin bowed. “Uncle Sehun…and Luhan…”

Luhan chuckled.

“I’m sorry, Kim Jongin. But my sweet sugar honey Hun didn’t really want to see you because you had cheated on Ahreum. So, bye bye.” Luhan gave him a sweet smile and Chanyeol was worried about his fate.

Luhan turned his face to the three teenagers. “Ahreum, let’s go home now. Mama has a surprise for you.”

Ahreum left Chanyeol side and followed Luhan to their car parked outside the school gate.

Oh Sehun analyzed Chanyeol from head to toe, “Come to our house tonight, 8 pm. Don’t be late, Ahreum will send you our address through e-mail.”

Chanyeol let out a deep breath when the family was not in his sight now. “That was tense.” Baekhyun commented.

“He look scared.” Chanyeol stated as he pointed at Jongin that was still standing in front of them.

Jongin then came back to the real world and stared at Chanyeol. “Are you…perhaps…going out with Oh Ahreum?” Jongin asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nodded. “For a year now.”

Jongin widened his eyes. “Do you know that Oh Areum parents are men?”

Chanyeol blinked, trying to hear what he said one more time. Chanyeol nodded his head. Thanks to Baekhyun, he had prepared for what had to come in the future if the rumors were true.

“I heard that Oh Sehun is very strict and Luhan is the best knowing what people want based on their faces.” Jongin said.“But, the thing is they really love Ahreum.”

“So, what are you trying to tell Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked while folding his arms over his chest.

“Don’t ever dare made a mistake like me. They won’t even forgive someone that made things to Ahreum, things that they didn’t like.” Jongin answered. “I’m warning you.”

“Wait!” Baekhyun said to Jongin. “Chanyeol, you made things to Ahreum that sometimes made her cried, right?”

“When did I make Ahreum cried, hurt or sick?” Chanyeol asked innocently.

“It mean you have!” Jongin retorted.

“You hurt her once.” Baekhyun stated.

 

Chanyeol tried to argue. “It just because I forgotten our date!”. Chanyeol answered when he remembered Ahreum said he hurt her heart.

“You made her cry.”

“Because I suddenly passed her my basket ball and hit her head quite hard.” Chanyeol muttered as he reminded of Ahreum crying after she had woken up.

“Oh, Park Chanyeol…you’re so…doom!” Jongin said.

“You made her sick.” the last thing Baekhyun said.

“Because I wanted to make her laugh while looking at my funny faces when I was dressed as a clown!” Chanyeol explained.

“But, her stomach wasn’t in a good condition…” Baekhyun remarked, reminisced of the school festival.

“Then, her stomach was the fault.” Chanyeol answered confidently.

“Good luck, Park Chanyeol!” then Jongin ran away from Baekhyun and him.

“What’s wrong with him?” Chanyeol asked.

“He’s a bit…er…crazy today?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.

 

It was precise on 8 pm, Chanyeol arrived at Ahreum’s house. Chanyeol was relieved because the house looked normal than the parents. Before he could knock on the door, Sehun opened the door and analyzed Chanyeol once again.

“A casual cloth?” he remarked. “I thought you will wear a tuxedo.”

Chanyeol was lost for words. He didn’t even know what to say, still he bowed to Sehun and to Luhan when he entered the dining room.

“Ahreum made her favorite food, I hope you. will. like. it..” Luhan smiled as he emphazised his words.

Chanyeol knew what he mean, he meant that even If the food was not good, he needed to praise it. Luhan gestured for Sehun and Chanyeol to sit. He still standing at the table till Ahreum appeared with a tray in her hand.

“I hope you will try the dessert first. Lemon pie is my favorite food, Chanyeol.” Ahreum told Chanyeol as she sliced the pie and gave it to Chanyeol then her parents.

“Though, mama is better than me when he cook desserts.” Ahreum added.

“Oh, dear…you flatter me~” Luhan giggled as he patted Ahreum head.

“Shall we eat now?” Sehun asked and everyone nodded their head.

“Why did Ahreum called uncle Lu…han…mama when he is a…man?” Chanyeol asked suddenly, the thing he was curious enough till it bother his mind to eat.

Ahreum knew that thing really bothered Chanyeol because she knew Chanyeol’s habit – if he really wanted an answer to something he was really bothered about, he won’t hesitated to ask.

“The sounds of having two dad names aren’t too good. It’s better to call Luhan mama than baba, because it sounds cute and sweet, right, papa?” Ahreum answered and Sehun nodded making Luhan blushed.

“You’re not surprised if I said we’re Ahreum real parents and she’s not our adopted child?” Luhan asked.

Chanyeol shook his head. “I knew about it since my second year, thanks for Baekhyun who kept hearing gossips from girls.”

“That Baekhyun…he’s really a diva.” Ahreum uttered.

“You’re spies, right?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes, we are but we’re also assasins.” Sehun answered and Chanyeol felt his hands turned cold.

“So, did you marry Luhan when you’re young?” Chanyeol asked again after ten minutes, chewing on the steak Luhan had cooked.

“We married when we were young.” Luhan answered, blushing when he glanced at Sehun.

“Chief order.” Sehun added. “Luhan is a real rebel at that time and like to go on mission without having any orders from the higher ups, he like to berserk and flirting his targets then…auch-!”

“Honey~ what are you talking about me? Hmm?” Luhan glared at Sehun. Chanyeol felt he knew why Sehun shouted in pain, maybe it’s because Luhan had stepped on Sehun foot.

“But, simply said, Luhan was 17 when I married him and-“

Luhan cut Sehun off. “Sehun was 18, he’s a young, arrogant,conceited smart jerk that love to show off every time, and he…hey!” Luhan was surprised when Sehun bit his neck, earning a kick from Luhan at the stomach and Sehun growled in pain.

Luhan face became redder and Ahreum laughed at her parents action.

“The two of you….are opening up to me so fast…”Chanyeol stated.

“That was thanks to the school nurse,” Luhan turned his face at Chanyeol. Ahreum too was confused what was Luhan on about. “She took pictures of Ahreum and you and constantly reporting us about her life in school. In short, she’s Ahreum secret guardian for her high school years.” he explained.

“That’s why we instantly made Suho and Jongin and many other guys broke up with Ahreum. I’m sorry, dear.” Sehun looked at Ahreum. “We couldn’t trust those guys.”

“Then, Park Chanyeol came in your life.” Luhan smiled genuinely to the couple. “Sehun and I had talked about this for one year, we gave you our permission to marry our daughter, Chanyeol.”

“You’re by her side even if you made her cried, sick and hurt. I trust you.” Sehun said as he intertwined his hand with Luhan.

Chanyeol smiled, thanking that it was easy for Luhan and Sehun to accept him as their son-in-law. Chanyeol kneeled to Ahreum as he showed her a ring.

“Oh Ahreum, will you marry me?”

Ahreum smile grew wide per seconds and she answered. “Yes! I would!”

The spies happily smiled for their daughter happiness and prayed that Chanyeol will take good care of their child.

 

                                                                                                          -the end-

 

 

 

I hope you all like it, thank you for reading :)

And, Himeka38, thank you for being the first subscriber :)

PS: Himeka,I would like it if you PM me later :) Thank you :)