From The Start..

For A While I Loved You..

"If I loved you, would you never leave me?"

"Yes... Would you never leave me?"

"I'm sorry... But i want to love you till the very end..." A pause. "So i won't. Will you accept my apology?"

"Maybe..."

"I'm only selfish when it comes to you.."

So that's how it began.. I stared at a photo in the scrapbook that i had randomly set my eyes on. It was the day after he had confessed. At that time.. I.. I was so clueless. At that time.. I hadn't known what he had meant, or what the consequences were, or what it would be like. But looking back now.. Certainly I don't regret it. At that time, I was only afraid of being hurt. I didn't understand that being hurt didn't have to be a bad thing. As I look back, this day really means a lot to me...

I was only turning 16 then. It was the end of 2015, when I decided i would slip a note into a senior's locker. After all, why not? It's almost the end of my junior years anyway. Kim Seok Jin, wanted by every girl in the school. I was only but one of those girls. But I decided I would do it anyways, because I liked him. I liked him a lot. I see him walk by, immediately slip the note in his locker, and run off to hide in a hallway not far from his locker. I could have a good viewpoint of who's letter he would open first and if it was mine from that spot. But of course, I'm not the only one who thinks this. There are dozens of girls waiting at the spot already, and i'm only joining them, as usual. 

I've tried making friends with some of those girls, but since we have the same crush.. It isn't very likely. But I do have friends, just not any one of those dozen girls. We meet in the same spot that i use, along with the dozen other girls of course, but they're not there for the same reason that I am. In fact, they're only there because I always skipped lunch to be in that spot instead of having lunch with them. It's kinda obsessive, I know. It's for this reason that I'm really thankful for them. They cheered me on instead of complaining about my odd habit. I see them waving to me, and I walk over.

"Hey guys!"

"Rin! I saw it!! I'm so proud of you haha~ I hope he sees yours first!!!"

"If anything, he better! Pfft, Rin, if he doesn't I'll beat his face in!"

"Ok guys, haha, lol don't Euni, If not his beauty will be ruined~ Haha!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see him, Kim Seok Jin, talking to a nervous looking girl. The girl was average at best, but she seemed to attract his attention. Before i knew it, I was devastated. He smirked at her and she looked as if she were about to have a heart attack any minute now. They seemed to be having a small conversation. He glared that beautiful glare into her eyes, and she froze. Probably admiring the beauty, I thought. He laughed, and I knew it was game over. The other girls seemed to know it too. Some started crying, while others looked deppressed. Some maybe even looked angry. I could definitely hear a few death threats here and there. I took a few steps back, my breath nearly knocked out of my chest. My heart felt as if it were slowing down and speeding up at the same time. My vision went blurry. It was the tears. This wasn't just any crush, I had my eye on him for years, Ever since my first day of school I had decided it was him.

I heard a few girls chatting. 

"Yup. That's definitely her note no doubt." "Woah, she must be really good, it's as if that was the only note he saw." "Did you see the way he looked at her, it's like he couldn't take his eyes off her.." "It's game over, there's no way he didn't see her slip in the note, she was so clumsy about it.. But we all can't deny we saw him see her...

I run out into the hallway, bursting into tears. Someone taps me on the shoulders, making me lift up my face. 

"Don't cry over someone like that, did you think that you'd have a chance? He's not worth crying over.. So don't cry.. I hate it when girls cry over him... I've seen it a thousand times.."

"Oh..?" I mutter.

It's this guy. His name is Kim Tae Hyung, I think. He's actually quite good looking, but his quiet demeanor makes no one want to approach him for some reason, even though I know he's actually quite a nice guy. Everyone knows that. In fact, no one knows exactly why he has no friends. There definitely are rumours though, The most popular and obvious rumour is because hes probably actually a real jerk. But i don't think that's true. He seems such a nice person. It's only just rumours anyways.

"Don't cry.. Here, take this."

Hmm..? I think. It's a tissue.

"Th-th-thank you.." I trail.

"Don't worry, there are plenty of good looking guys in school.. Like me~" He then laughs.

"Huh?!" I stand there, surprised. He's so shockingly nice I don't think i can say anything else.

"Don't cry." And he leaves, with only those two words. (Yes I know, such a cliche.. ~Rin)

I stand there, dumbfounded. I don't think I know how to respond to anything anymore.

"RIN!!" "HEY!!!" My two friends call out to me.

"Are you ok? i didn't think you would run off like that.."

"Thanks Nah, I'm ok." I reply.

"I swear I'll beat that jerk up. Rin, watch me.."

"Hahah, you don't have to Euni, I swear i'm OK.."

"Oh, and Rin, Was that who i thought he was..?" There was no doubt she was talking about Kim Tae Hyung.

"Yeah, he gave me a tissue. Weird haha..~"

"Lol, yeah, woah Rin, looks like someone has a crush already...~"

"What?! No! Hahah.. He only gave me a tissue, I swear!"

"Lol chill, Rin. We were only joking haha!" "Thought You'd need a little cheer up about what with Jin hahah.."

That's right.. Jin.. Clearly Nahi notices that Tae Eun was hitting a sore wound, so she nudged her a bit. It was more of a slightly painful poke. Trying to change the subject, we quickly discussed and chatted about other things until the bell rang, which was a few minutes later. Phew. If not for the bell, I might have cried again. I thought.

I watched, almost in tears, each time as the girl kept 'coincidentally' finding ways to be with Seok Jin. Some ways were almost absurd, like falling off a chair. No way was that even possible for the girl to be that clumsy. Still, Jin was clearly admiring her the whole time. I even unintentionally heard her name was Su Ha from a few gossipers that sat behind me. Although I could only helplessly watch all this unfold from behind my own table, with Nahi and Euni trying to comfort me the whole time. 

But the funny thing is.. 'He' kept staring at me.. Euni suddenly passes me a note. The paper used for the note isnt exactly paper.. It's a tissue. I see him slightly wave at me and make a dabbing motion at his eyes. I realize a few tears had escaped me without me even noticing it. I use the tissue paper to wipe my tears away only to notice a few words written on it. 

"Don't cry." it said.

I stopped crying.