DO YOU WANT TO... TOUCH IT?

TRYING NOT TO FALL FOR L

"Didn't you say that your name was Bopinka? And... why are you getting a nose job?!" 

Stop bombarding with questions, L. I don't have the time, I think to myself. 

My heart begins racing almost as fast as I clicked the button to confirm the scheduling of my nose  job, last weekend. 

"I... I was flustered when you asked me, so I kinda forgot my name..." I shyly admit. "I'm getting a nose job because... because... mY NOSE ISN'T CENTERED!" I burst.

"I realize that. I can see that your nose is on your cheek and not between your eyes. But I don't think a nose job can fix that....", L commented.

"Oh. No I'm not getting a nose job to move it to the center of my face. I'm getting it because it's not centered on my cheek!."

L's eyes widen. He seems frightened and utterly confused; the news seems to have bewildered him. "Uh, I- I mean... good for you," he stutters. Why is he stuttering?

Anyway... "It is good for me, L! Thank you!" I squeal. 

I step closer. 

"Do you want to...touch it?", I whisper.

L looks a little scared. 

"Touch.....what...?", he questions. 

"My nose, silly", I grin. This is an offer I rarely extend to people.

"Uh...thats a really nice offer Bopinka...I mean...Bostinka. But I just remembered I had to go somewhere.", he responds.

"Oh. Where?", I ask.

"Uhh.. you know...dance practice.", he bites out. 

"Oh thats so cool! Ill come with!", I reply, offering him a chance to spend more time in my presence. 

"Uh...you know...now is not a really good time...it was nice meeting you, I guess", he turns and starts walking away.